• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St. Aug soon to have Smash monthlies!!!

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
No, you're not seeing things, St. Augustine will soon be having monthly tournaments, hosting both Brawl and Melee! (It's not yet determined if it will be simultaneous.) They had a trial run with Brawl last Saturday, Jan 17th, and the format was not by any means SBR recommended [sarcasm/], but with the way better than expected turnout, some of which generated by this site, the management has decided to add more stations- which might even be available all business hours- and use the standard competitive Smash formats. This is just to spread the word initially, as they need to make room for the stations and bring in the equipment. It will definitely be a huge help if those who are able bring the requisite consoles, TVs, extension cords, surge protectors, etc., as they have space used for collectible card game tournaments that can be utilized for more game stations, if others bring it. The name of the venue is Wizards, but I'm not posting any more info about them because there are no more details available, and I want to save them from everyone and their cat calling for more info. Those details will be posted in time, as they come, so stay tuned kiddies!

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
I wouldn't count on Sundays. I don't think they'er even open Sundays. But if it can make the owners some money, you never know... At the very least, you'll be a lot closer to more tourneys come Fall. G told me about you guys when we were there, btw.

I don't know how many setups they'll need, they need to rearrange their store first. It was just for giving people a heads up.

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
Sooooo... Any news on this? Cause I would DEFINITELY come.

Actually even just smashfests in St. Augustine would be awesome. I wanna play some people form the area during the 4 months I'm here.

(Sorry about necro, hoping someone will check the thread :\)

Top Bottom