• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSBM intro > SSBB intro

Chris of STARS

Smash Journeyman
I'm disappointed how the new intro is made up of alot of recycled SSE clips. I didn't see any original CG animation that was as cool as the sequence from SSBM's where it shows Sheik against a starry night sky, with wavy hair, Zelda's silhoutte in the background, then transition to Kirby on a shooting star passing by Fox's arwing. Or Link's slamming down of his sword into the dirt followed by the OoT montage and Zelda+Ganon+Link's triforces. It's not as epic. It's also kind of lame that they didn't even bother to CG render Snake or Sonic. Their particular intros were ripped straight from the game engine and sequenced into that montage. Oh well.

Just my two cents. Hope you guys liked it, I did enjoy Marth + MK + Ike unite.

upex

Smash Cadet
I like the brawl intro better as of now because it is all stuff we have not seen before but after playing though SSE then it will get pretty old.

5@/\/\U5

Smash Apprentice
the end of it was the best part. but who gives a ****? its just an intro

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
The first half (well, little more than the first half) was pretty bland, but I enjoyed the rest that contained new clips.

As a whole it's not better though, I agree with you there.

Metallic_Igloo

Smash Apprentice
how could you say that, no offense, but I thought it was thousands of times better, I barely remember the Melee one, this one makes me stop breathing....it's amazing...it just reminds you that this is an Introduction to the game....which tells us just how EPIC this game is going to be.

It makes me cry just knowing how angry iv'e gotten at sakurai for delays or stupid updates, but this game....is the game...actually, I wouldn't be surprised if the game either brings the economy back up, or kills the gaming industry because everyone will play this game and this game only for so long.

PURE UBER EPIC-NESS

Lynkx

Smash Journeyman
not to mention the music doesnt match at all.
Gonna have to agree with you there, buddy. Isn't the music all in MIDI form now? I thought it was only MIDI for the Dojo, y'know, 'cos they're samples, but they're actually in the game, which sucks.

Orchestrated music FTW

Fimbulvetr

Smash Rookie
Most people can't always tell the difference if the instruments used actually exist, if you know what I mean. For example, you wouldn't expect the new Advance Wars to have streamed (therefore not MIDI) CO Themes and a few others. Although granted they may not necessarily be orchestrated in the first place.

On top of that, orchestrated music does not mean better. Otherwise you're dissing Zelda, and that's just not on, OK?

Top Bottom