• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSBB "OverDrive" Final Clean Version Release - (8-7-2011)

KingClubber

Smash Ace
In a dark underground base in the middle of L.A

Videos -

Download here -

SSBB OverDrive v.6 (With Map Pack).zip - 83.MB

SSBB OverDrive v.6.zip - 4.MB

The project plan

Speed - My whole problem with brawl was the lag, and the aerial momentum of characters, this is now fixed and improved for better control over characters, and all Character running speed have been adjusted to be slight faster.

Combo's - I've added a enough hit-stun to make Super Smash brothers "64" type combo's possible, with the added speed of characters combo's shouldn't be a problems.

Enjoyment - This Mod of Brawl can be enjoyed by smasher fan of "64" "Melee" and "Brawl"

Final "Clean Version" Change list -

- All attack animation have less or no lag (Landing lag is the same)
- Hit stun increased for better combo's (Trying to find a prefect fit between
64 and Melee)
- Faster falling speed
- Very Slightly increased running speed
- Character sizes -0.1
- Weight -25
- Momentum capture
- Old L-Cancel Code (Wanting a 64 version of this code)
- No Body Collisions (Even when thrown)
- Slower Shield Recharge
- Jab Lock Fixed
- No Footstooling
- Auto Jab Removed
- Walljump height does not decrement
- Dodging and Air Dodge are 1.5 faster
- Can Special Cancel From Place Dodge after invincibility frames end
- Ledge Cancel
- Gravity increased by 1.3.5

Note - All these changes came with the idea of increasing the game play, and speed of the game.

This this the Clean Version of OverDrive which is now 95% complete, there will be another version with some slight changes to the special attacks.

If you have any ideas for any changes to special attacks please post them, as long as it's not totally a completely new special attack that wont take a ton of coding i might use the idea.

I've Fixed all the glitches i could find if you find anything i missed please post it.

Credit for hacks found in project

SSJCerious - CSS
libertyernie - Classic Stage Expanison Pack
shyguy - Floating Point Editor

Final Note -

Everything in download was either made by me or a member of KC-MM, few of the codes i've used for this brawl mod are from Brawl+, Brawl-, and a few made by standard toaster. All other codes we're added by myself or found off the web.

KingClubber

Smash Ace
No it isn't, i used fresh pacs, that just means B+ did the same, you should check the async timers which are the only things i changed in the whole pac, other then attributes.

I wouldn't copy something that isn't mine.

If someone from brawl+ can confirm this i will be very grateful because i don't like being called a thief

-

SSJ was here....

tehshyguy

Smash Rookie
i havent use b+ or this....but

if b+ basically didnt change any subactions or actions, and neither did kingclubber(besides the aync timers).....then its not theft..Just fresh pacs..one edited and one not...

KingClubber

Smash Ace
LOL, maybe... idk, I can't seem to get any better ideas though, if i can't come up with something better by monday, so be it eh?

Sigh... but it doesn't seem like i'm getting many downloads, people are to hyped for P:M.

I need a video or something so people can see "Real Game Play" but I have no video recording equipment.

Anyone want to volunteer?

Zef

Smash Ace
Well, I've been playing a bit and Ganon is easily the best ****ing character in the game. Lol.

Those who haven't downloaded; the game feels a lot like Brawl+, there are some obvious differences, but yea, it's decent. Get rid of that L Cancelling code or something, though. ****, it's bad.

KingClubber

Smash Ace
LOL, I knew people like to use they're on custom stuff, and wouldn't want to take that away from them. Im not going to force people to use my stages, when there are already many stage up to use. I myself can't wait for the release of melee's Final Destination, which was my favorite stage design.

-

@Zef - Yeah... I was thinking about that, because it didn't seem to have much of a purpose, without add more lag to aerials, and i had already said that i wasn't going to take anything away from the game it's self. x_X

@Anyone Reading - Since i left the option open to fix certain expects of the game, should i fix some of the few problem the character had from moving over to brawl.

Like giving Fox's his Shine Jump Cancel back, but i wish to make more changes in the game as well but i don't want to throw off the people who just like brawl the way it is.

KingClubber

Smash Ace
LOL, I never tried to do that.

I final have an name for this, but i can't seem to figure out how to edit the thread's title.

I'm going to call it "OverDrive"

But what do you think should i add removed, and new ideas to the characters. I already have a new build for sonic pretty much done, that replace Sonic's Forward-B Spin dash, since Sonic's Down-B is pretty much the same thing.

But i want opinions from players, like i'm think of making a way for players to switch between "Melee Falco" Fox movset, where you play as fox, the the moves work like the old Falco moves.

Super_Smash_Kid

Smash Apprentice
Just found a little bug or something where when you jump to get back on stage from the edge, it just bumps it and then you drop O_o

EDIT: only happens on flat stages like Pokemon Stadium, FD, Battlefield, Smashville, etc.

KingClubber

Smash Ace
Just found a little bug or something where when you jump to get back on stage from the edge, it just bumps it and then you drop O_o

EDIT: only happens on flat stages like Pokemon Stadium, FD, Battlefield, Smashville, etc.
That was noted in the glitches, Smash Kid. But i didn't know it only happens on few stages, i got to check that.

@PeachEater74 - thanks, i've been trying to find someone to do a video for me, but no one has done one yet, so thanks. ^_^

@Zef - im still waiting on yours. ^_^

Super_Smash_Kid

Smash Apprentice
My bad didn't read that xD

Now I did. But yeah, it was Falco vs Fox, here's a list of the stages it happens (w/ Falco):
Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium 1 & 2
Green Greens
Jungle Japes
Right side of Skyworld
Frigate Orpheon
Luigi's Mansion
Halberd (on the ship)
Castle Siege
WarioWare, Inc
Temple
Yoshi's Island (Melee)
Bridge of Eldin
Spear Pillar
New Pork City
Hanenbow (which sucks anyway xD)
Green Hill Zone (when it breaks)

popo12

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nucleotyde
3DS FC
1977-0411-3918
I really like what I've played of this. The only real problem I have right now is that the fall speeds make it really hard to recover sometimes. I'm sure that could be fixed by buffing some of the recoveries though.

KingClubber

Smash Ace
I really like what I've played of this. The only real problem I have right now is that the fall speeds make it really hard to recover sometimes. I'm sure that could be fixed by buffing some of the recoveries though.
I'm glad you liked it. I've already already found the problem with the recoveries, and it'd be fixed in the next update.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Well, so there's another Brawlmod....
I'm not fan of dropping ideas because of being different, so think it may worth look into.

The project plan, The whole idea is a more faster version of brawl without taking anything away from the game it self, and adding more hit lag. Mission complete really, once you start playing you can already feel the difference, and the much add hit lag make it much more fun, and easier to combo.
Sounds fair enough for me.

Change list -
- All animations are 1.2 faster then brawl
- All attack animation with "allow interrupt" -5 lag
Because you didn't want to make the job of changing every attack that neededed to? Sounds.... weird... but not bad, tho.
- Hit stun increased to .52
- Faster falling speed
- L-cancel (Melee styled)
With all of the poits this far all I can only think of a game of massive jugglings everywhere, and over-centralizing over them.... I might be wrong...
- Character sizes -0.1
Why?
- Weight -5
Why?
- Momentum capture (Very few characters)
Why?

Character specific changes
- Captain Falcon - Decreased jump height.
Why? To make him land more Knees?

2 - Grab attack - This problem is that the attack wont hit, only four characters have been spotted with this problem.
Can you please elaborate this one? What's exacliy the problem?

3 - Meta Knight's - Mach Tornado - I don't really know how to explain this one, all i know is that the attack will start, but it won't make the tornado, for the attack, and just ends a soon as it starts
Probably tornado's cooldown starts as soon as there's no Hitboxes after Startup ends, and with the general speed-up of moves, startup animation ends but Hitboxes didn't spawned, so move ends immediatly. That's just my $0.02

4 - Snake's - Missile - This one is strange, what happens is that snake begins to fire a missile then, it suddenly vanishes, and then snake fires again, and the missile work's like normal.
You're talking about Nikita? Well, probably it's se same: Nikita doesn't comes out until certain frame after move starts, and the speedup makes animations go wild, but Nikita's behavior is just the same as vBrawl.

Well, I have pretty much nothing to say, I haven't tested yet (I would if I had my wiimote ): ), I was just wondering, the objective was just a faster game and unlike other mods, there's no balance intent at all? (it is not needed, I was just wondering).

KingClubber

Smash Ace
- All attack animation with "allow interrupt" -5 lag
Because you didn't want to make the job of changing every attack that neededed to? Sounds.... weird... but not bad, tho.
= The Reason i didn't add this all the attacks is because if i added it to all the moves, animation cancel would become habit, and i didn't want that thats why i only cut the time on those that already have cancels.

With all of the poits this far all I can only think of a game of massive jugglings everywhere, and over-centralizing over them.... I might be wrong...
= You could be right, the whole point for this was to make it easier to move on ground to follow up combo's, Ganon now moving faster makes him an better character without adding anything to him.

- Character sizes -0.1
= This was to make stages slight bigger without messing with the stages myself, but on a more personal level with smash the character sizes are to big to me, when they're on stages like final destination, and corneria.

- Weight -5
= This was to make the matches more quick, I grew bored of not being able to kill anyone because they're damage is below 120+

- Momentum capture (Very few characters)
= This was needed, some character just don't flow well without momentum capture, such as Sonic, or captain Falcon.

- Captain Falcon - Decreased jump height.
Why? To make him land more Knees?
= No, not for more knees, i actually find it harder to land more knees like this, this was so that captain falcon lands on the stage after doing a boost jump to an falcon punch instead of being in the air, not to mention he jumps a bit to high anyway.

2 - Grab attack - This problem is that the attack wont hit, only four characters have been spotted with this problem.
Can you please elaborate this one? What's exacliy the problem?
= Sure no problem, okay you grab your enemy, and you press "A" and you hit your enemy. Well, These character do the animation to hit, but there no connection, i can't tell if the hit-box are to fast, to slow, or not big enough i haven't tested it yet, but it's next on my to do list for the next maintenance update.

3 - Meta Knight's - Mach Tornado - I don't really know how to explain this one, all i know is that the attack will start, but it won't make the tornado, for the attack, and just ends a soon as it starts
Probably tornado's cooldown starts as soon as there's no Hitboxes after Startup ends, and with the general speed-up of moves, startup animation ends but Hitboxes didn't spawned, so move ends immediatly. That's just my $0.02
= Yeah i figured that too, but i have to find find which part needs timers and which don't.

4 - Snake's - Missile - This one is strange, what happens is that snake begins to fire a missile then, it suddenly vanishes, and then snake fires again, and the missile work's like normal.
You're talking about Nikita? Well, probably it's se same: Nikita doesn't comes out until certain frame after move starts, and the speedup makes animations go wild, but Nikita's behavior is just the same as vBrawl.
= LOL, yeah it's just back fires, then starts. So it the same problem, not to bad then once i figure out one, i'll be able to fix the other.

Well, I have pretty much nothing to say, I haven't tested yet (I would if I had my wiimote ): ), I was just wondering, the objective was just a faster game and unlike other mods, there's no balance intent at all? (it is not needed, I was just wondering).
Too me Balance in a fighting game is impossible, no matter what anyone does, there will always be characters that play better then others.

The changes i'm doing to the game is only to better the character game play, and combo's, judging a character by it's performance not by how they lost.

Also with the thoughts of risk, and rewards, there shall not be any rewards without risk, and finally to make possible to guard attack openings, such as Falco shine, I've made it so that he can jump cancel out of the attack after the shield reach the point it begins to return.

Moves such as the falcon punch, will NOT get these kinda guards because it's an risk and reward factor.

Life

Smash Hero
Only minor beef is that L-canceling should be automatic (basically, double the speed of landing lag animations instead of adding LC) if you're not going to add situations where you don't want to LC, but since that'd be a good bit of work I won't blame you.

Looks like it could shape up well.

NNID
Budget_Player
...? .54 hitstun and raised grav? That's a recipie for disaster if you haven't nerfed semispikes. Seriously. Look at Metaknight's dair and make sure that isn't broken.

All in all though? Seems like a brawl+ clone...

KingClubber

Smash Ace
Only minor beef is that L-canceling should be automatic (basically, double the speed of landing lag animations instead of adding LC) if you're not going to add situations where you don't want to LC, but since that'd be a good bit of work I won't blame you.

Looks like it could shape up well.
I've had fixed feeling about L-cancel from many people who has played overdrive, most who uses it find it kinda use less, other say i should use the 64 version to just cancel aerial lag in total.

As of now, im leaning towards taking L-cancel out, but i'mma test the 64 version to see how people like it, if no one likes it I'll just take it out.

Auto L-Cancel in Overdrive would be over kill.

...? .54 hitstun and raised grav? That's a recipie for disaster if you haven't nerfed semispikes. Seriously. Look at Metaknight's dair and make sure that isn't broken.

All in all though? Seems like a brawl+ clone...
Im not nerfing anything, balance is not an goal here. Metaknigh at the moment is kinda nerf until i fix the glitch with this tornado.

And no this isn't an Brawl+ Clone, are goals might seem simular but the difference is I'm not trying to make it for completive players, this is just brawl improved. I made this playable for everyone, those who like to play Super Smash Brothers/Melee/Brawl at all we like OverDrive.

The Things I've done to the game opens more options for all type of players.

And and yes I messed up one code so far the kinda ruins recovery im going to fix that in the next update as well, which should be this friday. Feb.19th.

Top Bottom