• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSBB characters that you would drop for SSB4

Status
Not open for further replies.

firedragon_jing

Smash Ace
I know most of you haven't gotten the opportunity to play Brawl yet, but I'm sure most of you on here have seen videos, looked at stats, or at least heard of the total 35 characters.

But which characters do you think Nintendo would be better off letting go of in lieu of new characters.

We've already seen them let go of Roy, Mewtwo, Pichu, and Dr. Mario. Who should they let go next?

I would say they should let go of Falco, Purin(Jigglypuff), Toon Link, Ness, and maybe Marth.

Now with that said, I believe some of these characters, and ones already cut, should come back as alt costumes for similar characters, like what was done in WWF No Mercy, so past fans aren't completely disappointed. Or possibly have them as optional DLC, seeing that the next SSB will probably be on Nintendo's next system if it follows the trend, and Nintendo should be better off with online by then.

Now also saying that the next SSB will be on the next Nintendo system, Nintendo already stated the next system will be HD and unless they make a new HD disc, seeing how the HD world is going now that Time Warner has jumped sides, Blu-Ray will be the next Nintendo disc. A Blu-Ray disc holds 25 GB single layer, and 50 at dual layer. It has been known to be able to go past dual layer to even a 100 GB quad layer, and has a maximum thus far of 200 GB. So saying this, as long as Nintendo gives the SSB4 developing team ample amount of time, there should be absolutely no need really to make any cuts. Especially since Brawl is a Dual-Layer DVD at mere 9.5 GB which it probably doesn't even take full advantage of.

Crushed

Smash Apprentice
Hahaha, they are never gonna drop Ness, Jigglypuff, or Marth. Ness and Jigglypuff are part of the original 12, they are sacrosanct. Marth is the signature Fire Emblem character, it'd be like dropping Captain Falcon.

Falco dropped? Yeah, that's not gonna happen any time soon.

Toon Link is the only one who could plausibly be dropped, and even that's rather unlikely.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
If there will ever be an SSB4, keep in mind there are no "promised" characters for Brawl, other possibly than characters like Ridley, Isaac, Krystal and Geno, who may even be shoe-ins (lol) in SSB4.

If Nintendo want to please the fans, then all characters will return. Maybe Young ink as a Toon Link alt., or vice versa, but even Pichu will return (maybe as an alt.) simply for fan service.

I don't see why not. With those returning it would only bring the total up to 40 or so.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'd only take out Ness. Personally, he didn't have to return since Lucas practically takes his place. Also, Ness was probably kept in for fanservice.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
I wouldn't be surprised if they dropped Sonic and Snake, if they feel like "purifying the Nintendo-based series." However, I WOULD like Ice Climbers out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom