• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB64 music (Dreamland) into punk-rock-ska version

NixxxoN

Smash Master
**** EDIT: UPDATED THE LINK TO THE STUDIO VERSION ****

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbv7z4OWzQs

I think this is a must listen for every ssb64 hardcore player!
You wont probably undertand the lyrics but the point is to hear the melodies.

Oh, and those are actually some of my friends, who loved SSB64 back in the day. Seems that several years after releasing it they posted it on youtube.

Notice the hammer melody just at the start.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Ha. I love it. So off-the-wall nerdy; a ska-punk Ssb64 recorder-driven awesomesauce song in spanish.

I vote we make it the official anthem of the smash 64 community.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
When I can get the studio recorded version you'll really see how great it is! U know that usually live version is like 50% worse than studio.

Olikus

Smash Champion
Nice. Think especially the flute or what ever it was would get a smoother sound in studio. Was a little bit sharp sounded. But overall funny song :p

Battlecow

Play to Win
Nice. Think especially the flute or what ever it was would get a smoother sound in studio. Was a little bit sharp sounded. But overall funny song :p
I thought that was a recorder at first. That would have been legit.

TANK64

Smash Lord
looks like a recorder lol.

Pretty cool song, and yea studio version would be better because I can't understand a word ... and I speak spanish.

Battlecow

Play to Win
looks like a recorder lol.

Pretty cool song, and yea studio version would be better because I can't understand a word ... and I speak spanish.
Maybe it's in CATALAN 0_0

lol jk I have no idea what I'm talking about.

That would be cooler though.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Yes its CATALAN

the lyrics basically talk about the occupiers of the catalan countries and how they should gtfo of there. Nothing related to smash :p

And that instrument is a catalan gralla, not a flute.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Yes its CATALAN

the lyrics basically talk about the occupiers of the catalan countries and how they should gtfo of there. Nothing related to smash :p

And that instrument is a catalan gralla, not a flute.
Are you serious? Wow, I thought it was a stereotype that all people in Barcelona did was complain about Spain. That's hilarious. No offense meant, man. Color me Catalan-supporting.

I'm gonna go see if I can get some Prussians to fight a war with someone.

Oh, and are you sure it's smash-based? I believe they use the same music in some kirby games.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Are you serious? Wow, I thought it was a stereotype that all people in Barcelona did was complain about Spain. That's hilarious. No offense meant, man. Color me Catalan-supporting.

I'm gonna go see if I can get some Prussians to fight a war with someone.

Oh, and are you sure it's smash-based? I believe they use the same music in some kirby games.
nope its 100% real.

yeah its about the dreamland song sure, i used to play smash a lot with all of them. I pwned them in smash but they pwn me at playing music lol.

Olikus

Smash Champion
You should convince them to make a song for all the stages. Catalan Congo Jungle would rock!

Battlecow

Play to Win
I like the concert version better. It's not as polished, but its got more gritty kickassery and whatnot.

Blade689

Smash Journeyman
I know a bunch of people who have access to studio time. A lot of people with protools, and the ability to mix and balance tracks.......... Im at work with no headphones right now..... but if it sounds as good as the comments make it out/I live in the bay area, and I can get you studio time and people to master it with in a month or so.

UberMario

Smash Master
That was a really awesome remix, if SSB4 has an mp3 importer I'd definitely put that into it, not sure why the Donkey Kong Hammer theme was added in, but hey it works.

Battlecow

Play to Win
By "gralla" he means "recorder". Don't listen to this nonsense about traditional Catalan flutes, it's a recorder.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
wutt

dude its clearly different from a recorder and it sounds so different too :O

I think it has some relationship with the Oboe but im not sure

Top Bottom