• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Falco Matchup Discussion 10 - Peach - From Corneria with Love

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Welcome to the Peach matchup discussion.

Falco and Peach.png

All credit goes to Quas-quas for the original images.​

Here's a link to the main post: SSB4 Falco Matchup Discussion - Main Post. This will be more for general matchup discussions like making a suggestion and such. Or, you could head over to the social thread and ask there: Where We Prefer The Air And The Points Don't Matter!. Or PM me if you really have to, but don't make a habit out of it.

Oh, and if you guys and girls want to play each other to have fun or learn about the MU, check out the NNID and FC sharing thread on the Falco boards: http://smashboards.com/threads/anyone-want-to-exchange-nnids-or-friend-codes.386513/.

There's also the regular NNID and FC sharing threads in the Online discussion if you just want to ask anyone to play.

Notice: Some rules, guidelines, and tips. Some of these are a given since you joined any forum.

1. Be respectful of each other. No insults, no trolling, no flaming, or any of that nonsense.
2. Be aware that some of the discussions can and will be old, so don't call out someone for "wrong" data if that post was referring to say, patch 1.0.3 stuff.
3. Be impartial; learn to see things from other sides. So, don't boast about all the advantages. Notice weaknesses and strengths from both parties.
4. Stay on topic.
5. Have fun.

And here is a frame speed ranking of their regular attacks and grabs - no Specials yet, sorry - to clear up on things since sometimes a move may feel slow, but it's actually fast and vice versa. Plus more information doesn't always hurt. Data from List of attacks/grabs from fastest initial frame to slowest (Frame Speed) and the Complete Hitbox/Frame Data For Every Character threads.

As of patch 1.1.4.
Move Hit Frames|:4falco:|:4peach:
Jab|2-4, 10-12, 17-21, 22-26, 27-31, 32-36, (infinite), 41-42|2-3, 8-9
Dash Attack|8-11 or 12-19|6-9, 17-19
Ftilt|6-8|7-9 or 8-9 or 10-15
Utilt|5-9, 12-16|9-13
Dtilt|7-9|13-14
Side Smash|17-19 or 20-20|15-17
Up Smash|7-12, 13-20|14-16 or 17-20
Down Smash|7-9|6-7, 11-12, 16-17, 21-22, 26-27
Nair|3-5, 6-9, 14-17, 21-24|5-8 or 9-19
Fair|10-13, 14-17, 18-21, 22-25, 26-27, 28-29|16-20
Bair|4-5 or 6-12|6-7 or 8-13
Uair|7-11|10-13 or 12-13 and 15-17 or 16-19
Dair|16-19 or 20-31|12-13, 18-19, 24-25, 30-31
Grab|8-9|6-7
Dash Grab|10-11|8-9
Pivot Grab|11-12|10-11

Last edited:

NotAnAdmin

Smash Journeyman
I can't say I've seen much Peach play outside of Pink Fresh @Xanadu.

She's pretty solid. Good air game, good neutrals, turnips are an good option to get some chip damage if used smartly.
I'd like to say 50-50 Falco's got good air game and turnips don't have too much range and can't be thrown very quickly either. Falco can stop Peach's recovery with a fair and keep her away from ledge with bair's unless Peach makes sure to recover low. Peach has the luxury of having mind games for her projectiles along with easy gimps on just about any character.

Peach will be probably making the approach most of the time, I would possibly try to use the bair as a spacing tool and force her back, along with SHFF fair to catch them off guard or if they get too aggressive.

AuraWielder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AuraWielder
3DS FC
2363-6821-1127
As someone who mains both Peach and Falco, I can tell you that I'm pretty sure that this is in Peach's favor.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
As someone who mains both Peach and Falco, I can tell you that I'm pretty sure that this is in Peach's favor.
Could you explain why?

As for Peach players, @ NotAnAdmin NotAnAdmin , check out Slayerz's Peach: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLHOu9mynuA and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-NwYVFcxMU.

And Llod's Peach: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFPoO6MpFLg and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7KY5NT9PtM.

Tatsumaki's Peach is worth watching as well just for the sake of another Peach player: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=valFIn0SHwU.

So, the thing with Falco is he's slow on the ground and in the air. Peach moves well in the air, especially with Float. In terms of aerials, Falco doesn't want to be above, below, or in front of Peach. Hell, maybe not even behind her. Peach's Fair is like Mario's where it has a "delay" that will catch you off guard and Float or just her natural aerial mobility allows her to do something like Greninja's fallback Fair as aMSa does a lot with his Greninja. I don't know about priority, but Falco shouldn't try to use his Fair on Peach since she could just bait his Fair, pull back, and land her Fair. Being above Peach means she can get a free Uair if Falco's not careful and having bad air speed and being a fast faller hurts Falco since he'll likely be juggled. On the ground, Utilt and Up Smash are dangerous for Falco. Being below Peach means she'll likely use Dair which racks up damage fast and pressures shield. From behind, her Bair is fast, just 2 frame slower than Falco's, but fast enough where if Falco whiffs his Bair, Peach can move over and use her Bair. I think Peach's Nair has more range than Falco's, but if Falco get there first, he can use his Nair instead.

Falco probably wants Peach on the ground where can exploit his slightly faster moves. That said, being predictable means Peach can use Toad to counter and Peach Bomber will more than likely destroy Falco because he's slow as sin for some reason. For a freaking bird, he runs really slow. Has anyone tried catching a duck or a chicken? Or tried running away from a goose or an ostrich? Yeah, Falco running slow is both annoying and weird. Being a bird that's slow in the air as well is strange since birds are meant to fly and take advantage of their body shape and wings. FLAP THOSE WINGS, DAMN IT!

Now, Falco can intercept Peach's Dair with his Uair, but priority-wise, I have no idea. For all we know, Falco's Uair could have the lowest priority in the game. Dair still remains an option to meteor Peach if she's no suspecting anything and being really linear with her recovery. Peach has an amazing horizontal recovery since she has Float, Parasol, and Peach Bomber, but her vertical recovery is all right like most characters except for one thing: Parasol. This move kills unlike Falco's Fire Bird which is outright horrid for killing and an easy meteor if you know what you're doing - Ganondorf's Dair destroys Fox and Falco if they recovery right next to the stage. Challenging Parasol means you have to know exactly when Peach is going to use it and exactly when Falco's Dair comes out. Hell, it might be better to try and get a stage spike with his Uair or use Fair instead to gimp her off stage.

I don't fight Peach a lot, so this is all I have, but I have used her from time to time and she's such a solid character, but her skill ceiling is among the highest if not the highest alongside Shulk who has to manage 5 different modes with Monado Arts or Pac-Man and his Bonus Fruit.

Last edited:

Zionaze

Smash Ace
If peach starts approaching with her float, basically any SH aerial will blast her away. I like chasing with Fairs and random lasers to slap peach back into the ground.

NNID
CRQ-L-07
3DS FC
4854-6608-1552
My opinion is that there aren't enough Peach players to really show her stuff to gauge this matchup properly. However, I will say right now that Peach can play very defensively, and there isn't much we can do about it because our approach options aren't very good. She has great kill potential, recovery, edgeguard ability, and wonderful air mobility that we don't have.

I'd like to hear more Peach mains voice their opinion, as I haven't fought a good Peach myself yet. Right now though, I'm going to place this matchup as 60-40 Peach, under the idea that she has better options in many situations than Falco.

AuraWielder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AuraWielder
3DS FC
2363-6821-1127
Could you explain why?

As for Peach players, @ NotAnAdmin NotAnAdmin , check out Slayerz's Peach: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLHOu9mynuA and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-NwYVFcxMU.

And Llod's Peach: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFPoO6MpFLg and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7KY5NT9PtM.

Tatsumaki's Peach is worth watching as well just for the sake of another Peach player: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=valFIn0SHwU.

So, the thing with Falco is he's slow on the ground and in the air. Peach moves well in the air, especially with Float. In terms of aerials, Falco doesn't want to be above, below, or in front of Peach. Hell, maybe not even behind her. Peach's Fair is like Mario's where it has a "delay" that will catch you off guard and Float or just her natural aerial mobility allows her to do something like Greninja's fallback Fair as aMSa does a lot with his Greninja. I don't know about priority, but Falco shouldn't try to use his Fair on Peach since she could just bait his Fair, pull back, and land her Fair. Being above Peach means she can get a free Uair if Falco's not careful and having bad air speed and being a fast faller hurts Falco since he'll likely be juggled. On the ground, Utilt and Up Smash are dangerous for Falco. Being below Peach means she'll likely use Dair which racks up damage fast and pressures shield. From behind, her Bair is fast, just 2 frame slower than Falco's, but fast enough where if Falco whiffs his Bair, Peach can move over and use her Bair. I think Peach's Nair has more range than Falco's, but if Falco get there first, he can use his Nair instead.

Falco probably wants Peach on the ground where can exploit his slightly faster moves. That said, being predictable means Peach can use Toad to counter and Peach Bomber will more than likely destroy Falco because he's slow as sin for some reason. For a freaking bird, he runs really slow. Has anyone tried catching a duck or a chicken? Or tried running away from a goose or an ostrich? Yeah, Falco running slow is both annoying and weird. Being a bird that's slow in the air as well is strange since birds are meant to fly and take advantage of their body shape and wings. FLAP THOSE WINGS, DAMN IT!

Now, Falco can intercept Peach's Dair with his Uair, but priority-wise, I have no idea. For all we know, Falco's Uair could have the lowest priority in the game. Dair still remains an option to meteor Peach if she's no suspecting anything and being really linear with her recovery. Peach has an amazing horizontal recovery since she has Float, Parasol, and Peach Bomber, but her vertical recovery is all right like most characters except for one thing: Parasol. This move kills unlike Falco's Fire Bird which is outright horrid for killing and an easy meteor if you know what you're doing - Ganondorf's Dair destroys Fox and Falco if they recovery right next to the stage. Challenging Parasol means you have to know exactly when Peach is going to use it and exactly when Falco's Dair comes out. Hell, it might be better to try and get a stage spike with his Uair or use Fair instead to gimp her off stage.

I don't fight Peach a lot, so this is all I have, but I have used her from time to time and she's such a solid character, but her skill ceiling is among the highest if not the highest alongside Shulk who has to manage 5 different modes with Monado Arts or Pac-Man and his Bonus Fruit.
I feel like Falco would probably be sour over the fact that he can't actually fly. Maybe it's a handicap he has to live with?
Anyway...
I understand that Peach has a VERY high skill ceiling. She requires a lot of work to fully master, and I've put in the hours. To be honest, I've probably mastered her more than Falco, but that's neither here or there.
Peach is AMAZING defensively, really able to keep her distance and pester the opponent with attacks and especially turnips. In terms of aerials, it's incredibly dangerous for Falco to approach a good Peach in general. Her f-air is especially nasty if landed. I feel like Peach's aerials have more priority than Falco's, but I haven't been able to fully put it to the test. And as you mentioned yourself, Peach Parasol can kill. It's deadly this time around.
I think the ground is in Falco's preference (ironic for someone who prefers the air), but still no easy match for Falco. Peach still has her ground-floating options, and some really solid ground options this time around, too. Overall, I just feel that this is a lot more in Peach's favor, maybe 70-30 in her favor. I just don't really see Falco having a lot of options against her. That's my two cents.
I'm just trying to speak as someone who's a Peach main. I have a LOT of experience with her.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I feel like Falco would probably be sour over the fact that he can't actually fly. Maybe it's a handicap he has to live with?
Well, evolution, I suppose. Falco's species learned to walk, hold pencils, shoot blasters, and bake bread, but in return, they can only fly with planes and space ships.

I think the other issue is that there aren't a lot of Peaches, Falcos, Yoshis, or even Sheiks against each other. There's fights between them here and there, but not enough. Still, it's good to discuss since we can learn from each other obscure characters or not.

AuraWielder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AuraWielder
3DS FC
2363-6821-1127
Well, evolution, I suppose. Falco's species learned to walk, hold pencils, shoot blasters, and bake bread, but in return, they can only fly with planes and space ships.

I think the other issue is that there aren't a lot of Peaches, Falcos, Yoshis, or even Sheiks against each other. There's fights between them here and there, but not enough. Still, it's good to discuss since we can learn from each other obscure characters or not.
Yeah, it's good to talk about it. I just wanted to speak as someone who has a lot of experience with Peach, you know?

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Anyway...
I understand that Peach has a VERY high skill ceiling. She requires a lot of work to fully master, and I've put in the hours. To be honest, I've probably mastered her more than Falco, but that's neither here or there.
Peach is AMAZING defensively, really able to keep her distance and pester the opponent with attacks and especially turnips. In terms of aerials, it's incredibly dangerous for Falco to approach a good Peach in general. Her f-air is especially nasty if landed. I feel like Peach's aerials have more priority than Falco's, but I haven't been able to fully put it to the test. And as you mentioned yourself, Peach Parasol can kill. It's deadly this time around.
I think the ground is in Falco's preference (ironic for someone who prefers the air), but still no easy match for Falco. Peach still has her ground-floating options, and some really solid ground options this time around, too. Overall, I just feel that this is a lot more in Peach's favor, maybe 70-30 in her favor. I just don't really see Falco having a lot of options against her. That's my two cents.
I'm just trying to speak as someone who's a Peach main. I have a LOT of experience with her.
Parasol may kill, but doesn't Falco's fast falling speed mitigate that to some extent?
While I do agree it's difficult to challenge Peach's aerials with Falco's (mainly Fair and Nair),
her float game is easily messed up by properly aimed reflectors and blaster.
Turnips are good, but Falco can shoot Peach pretty easily when she tries to pluck one.

Also, air attacks don't clash with each other so priority is kind of meaningless there.
Most likely Peach is just using the reach of her Fair to hit you before you get in.
She's also hardly faster than us (mainly in the air), but Falco has Phantasm to move around
more quickly.

I don't know how a truly good Peach player plays, but at this point I feel confident in
saying that Peach only seems really difficult if you fail to respect the range on her power
options (Fair and Fsmashes). I actually feel that Falco does better defensively than Peach
thanks to a longer move than any of hers (Reflector), a projectile that needs no prep time and
a mobility special that can let him escape bad situations relatively easily (Phantasm).

Zionaze

Smash Ace
I do feel as if the matchup is 60-40 peach but only because peach is the one who forces the approach. Falco can just sit back and reflector peach with the occasional laser or two.

Last edited:

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
Maybe we could set something up for peach players and falco players to fight. It seems that the lesser played characters are having issues researching match ups against one another.

AuraWielder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AuraWielder
3DS FC
2363-6821-1127
Maybe we could set something up for peach players and falco players to fight. It seems that the lesser played characters are having issues researching match ups against one another.
I'm open to play as Peach. I think I've got a pretty decent one.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Do you mean like a tournament or something? In the OP, I mentioned the Falco main NNID/FC sharing thread if you want to specifically fight Falcos. In the Samus MU thread, someone also mentioned seeing if they could set up a tournament of Falco vs. Samus.

NotAnAdmin

Smash Journeyman
That would be great!
I'm up for a couple matches.
I did play against one Peach today and it was pretty close, but the Peach won. He used an odd air dodge bait/turnip throwing approach and then led in with a dash attack.
Too bad he left after.

Kendude

Smash Cadet
I've got a friend that mains Falco and I main Peach, so I can hopefully provide my observations on the match up that haven't already been mentioned.

On flat stages or primarily flat stages, it's not hard to force us to approach since we don't have much room to stand and pick turnips all day. On platform stages though, we have all the space in the world to avoid lasers.

Reflector does a good job of helping to keep turnips down and since it's kicked out there, it's hard for us to punish it with ground floating since if we get hit by it, the floating is canceled out.

As has been said already, you want to challenge Peach on the ground. If you can keep Peach grounded then all we have for spacing is dtilt, which your ftilt can outspeed and I believe outrange.

If Peach is airborne then it's probably best to sit back at shoot lasers at us, as only your bair is worth trying to challenge our fair with. Speaking of your bair, it's one of your best ways to kill us as if we're floating, it's not hard to hit us with it and it can run circles around our fair's start up. Also feel free to pressure Peach with uair if you're in a position to do so. Our dair isn't that ideal for attempting to fight our way back to stage so usually Peach will just try to avoid the pressure, so you can bait airdodges that way. If Peach does try to dair then I'm almost positive your uair trades favourably with it.

I cannot stress the fact that it's not worth it to try to dair spike Peach if she's recovering low. Either you'll eat a parasol or a fair as your dair starts up. Either respecting her or surprising her with fair/bair are much better and safer options. Every once in a while you can attempt to Phantasm spike her if she's within range and floating. If she's recovering high then pressuring with uair is a good option.

Hopefully I didn't just ramble about nothing and actually brought something to the table that you Falcos can use if you ever have to play someone that plays this character. :p

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Run off ledge aerials are extremely dangerous or annoying. Peach won't be recovering low a lot, but Falco will either recover low, right to the ledge, or high. If Falco recovers low, then Peach can just run off and use Fair which will kill hard like Ganondorf's run off Uair and Fair or Toon Link's run off Fair. For Falco he can do the same with Fair for a gimp - thanks @ Zionaze Zionaze for this tip -, but why Peach would choose to recover low unless she had no other options is beyond me. I haven't tried Falco's run off Uair, yet.

Last edited:

NotAnAdmin

Smash Journeyman
Another option us Falcos have is the RAR fair off stage.
It can be possible to position it to hit on back side of peach and cause a stage spike or, depending on the stage, it will put her under the stage.
If the peach parasol's in the backwards direction it's almost a confirmed kill.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I'll share some info here since I fight birds alot.

Run off ledge aerials are extremely dangerous or annoying. Peach won't be recovering low a lot, but Falco will either recover low, right to the ledge, or high. If Falco recovers low, then Peach can just run off and use Fair which will kill hard like Ganondorf's run off Uair and Fair or Toon Link's run off Fair. For Falco he can do the same with Fair for a gimp - thanks @ Zionaze Zionaze for this tip -, but why Peach would choose to recover low unless she had no other options is beyond me. I haven't tried Falco's run off Uair, yet.
Her best option is to recover low. its really hard to hit her out of low recoveries. Going high makes it easier for characters to hit her and lose a stock. Peach can not be fighting her way back on stage. Her moves are slow or have no range to be doing such a thing and its easy to punish her for it.

This is a hard match up for falco since now in this game, he does not have a solid way to approach. Peach fair outranges all of falcos air moves. So falco will have a hard time getting in. He seriously has to be patient to get in and get anything started. Peach can rack up damage really well on falco and go for alot of frame trap resets on falco.

What falco has to focus on is staying in on Peach once he gets close. You can not let Peach escape your grasp or you will be going through hell against a solid player. Do not try to fight your way out of good shield pressure onless the pressure strings are always the same due to the player not mixing it up. You want to be in her blind spot. Which is starding out of jab range. As long as you stay here, there is no need to roll or be afraid of getting hit. I can not do anything to you here. And if I swing, thats a free punish for you. My moves are slow and/or have no reach.SO if you can maintain being in her blind spot, you have the advantage. Really when you have me near the ledge. I have to be patient and look for the right moment to counter attack or get away. Use good pressure on her shield like single jab, to Dtilts or jab cancels to RAR bairs on shield. Mix and match stuff. Making it hard for me to get away and even snip side steps and rolls.

Off the stage is where is can be instant death. Peach can toss a turnip to cover you recovering on stage, and then float INFRONT of the the ledge and nair your side B. This is something you wanna avoid.

Im giving this fight to Peach. It's hard for falco to get in and get anything started. But if he does can things started, he can take full control of the match. Spaced reflectors are a good way of telling the opponent to relax. and can slow them down. Just don't be predictable with it. Throw out a few and the player might be expecting it. This could be your chance to go in and put Peach on the defense.

Another thing that makes this seriously hard for falco is her movement option that I came up with called QFR. Here is a video explaining it.

*** SKIP TO 46 SECS TOSKIPP THE INTRO ***

And here is what her Neutral game looks like so you guys can be aware of it.

And last how she can approach opponents and what she can do from it.

I would not mind playing some of you guys if you wanted

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
falco is such an honest character, no sneaky tricks <3
Yoshi is too from what I remember. He has nothing that can really mess you up or exploit except for his fast Dash Attack that if he misses, gets punished, but that belongs to the Yoshi discussion. The honest characters like Yoshi, Falco, Marth, Ike - nothing to abuse including his auto-cancel aerials -, Ganondorf - read, read, punish -, and a couple more just fight it out and whoever screws up or is the better player will win.

Anyway, good info @ Dark.Pch Dark.Pch . One thing that wasn't mentioned, but I might have missed it or forgot was z-dropping Turnips. Fire Bird does not travel far compared to Fire Fox and if Falco's recovering low, a z-dropped or thrown down Turnip could gimp Falco and put him just out of reach from the ledge. At the same time, Falco can use his Reflector to cover his recovery, but that also means Peach can bait it and punish.

Last edited:

NotAnAdmin

Smash Journeyman
Great vids Dark.Pch, I had heard Peach had many technical ins and outs. Know I know what a top level Peach should do in the neutral.
Pretty much Falco will stay back, pop a couple lasers and see what the Peach will do and try to punish as best as possible.

I'd like to play with you as well, hopefully the internet wont lag up everything too bad, haha.

Snipnigth

Smash Journeyman
I have a friend that mains peach, its kinda hard at first but falco can actually work her up, lasers are good to counter float and reflector as well, mostly you need to punish out of shield, she has some lag in a couple of her kill moves for example she landing with fair...her fsmash is really fast though i cant punish it unless i roll behind it, on shield it pushes you really far...dont try to face her moves heads on, she has a LOT of priority, also its kind of imposible to gimp her if she is coming from below, that umbrella is godlike

Leg

Smash Cadet
NNID
SeduKtriss
I've never played against another Smash 4 Peach, but I main her, alongside Falco (and have for as long as I can remember)

Peach's Dtilt not only has notable range, but combos at any percent, and in the case that it doesn't (like 150+) it will likely kill you.

Here's what to expect:
Low percents (0-50): Dtilt > Side B/Grab/Ftilt
Mid percents(50-100): Dtilt > Nair/Uair/RARBair
High percents (100+): Dtilt > Fair or UpB (Both of which, are kill combos, so remember this if anything)

Her Dthrow combos into bair at low-mid percents. You can DI towards her back to help avoid the followup. Personally, I think Falco and Peach are both good in the air, Falco has fantastic jumps and fall speed (advantageous vertical movement) And Peach has her float and slow fall speed (advantageous horizontal movement). But Falco will always be above Peach in the air unless she burns her 2nd jump, so use this to your advantage (punishing whiffs, pressure, ect)

Dont let Peach float above you, she'll follow you with dairs, nairs, and fairs. Get her out the air with an aerial, laser or if you really want to scare her, an Usmash (which hits mostly over and behind Falco anyway). If shes floating low enough, you can actually shield grab her. Peach also can't airdodge without dropping float, so charging a Fsmash could scare her into one, and you can punish the endlag. This is a hard read, however.

Once Peach is offstage she'll most likely recover low. While it's possible to stuff her upB with a bair, landing a fair or bair near the blast lines before she drops below the stage would prove more favorable, and given her fall speed and laggy Fair, it shouldn't be too hard.

Also, you have a reflector. If she's turnip happy, use it.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
@ Dark.Pch Dark.Pch killed it, wow. It's also good to know that her dair hits under the ledge. Look at the frame data, peach's moves are faster. I'd say that peach wins. I think its a 35-65 peach

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
B_Rocka, I suggest looking here. Also, make sure to read @ Dark.Pch Dark.Pch 's write up on Peach. Not only will you get what Peach vs. Falco is like, but maybe Peach's techniques will make you want to co-main or secondary her.
I need help with Peach as well, i play with a friend who mains peach, but he just kind of throws out hitboxes , all of which are very hard to punish. here are some things ive learned

Shielding peach's dash attack is an alright move, but be ready for her very fast follow up with her jab as her dash has very little ending lag. in this scenario i either hold shield or shield the dash and roll back .

NEVER approach her from above, this is especially frustrating for falco because ,well...BAIR. I suggest only shorthopping bair (and occasionally fair)on peach otherwise you get a face full of upsmash which always gets me somehow.

When peach is floating at all, just keep away or shield, respect that she has the advantage and can throw out her fair which is very easy to sweetspot and kill EARLY(but very readable if youre on point), Dair which comes out fast and usually sets up nicely for her to follow up, and bair which is very fast.

her turnip game is really no problem for falco , except off ledge, just keep it in the back of your mind so you dont get gimped using up special or side special.

her forward smash is probably the most infuriating for me, it comes out fast, it ends fast and it can also kill very early if charged. Also with that there are of course 3 versions of her forward smash, all of which have slightly shorter or larger hitboxes(correct this if i am wrong), best just to stay away from this as well unless you can identify the type of f-smash she has out and can adjust accordingly.

All in all its a campy defensive game for us falcos where you wait for an opening, most exploitable moves in my opinion are of course her counter, her side b, her d-smash. As most peach players i encounter are very aggressive, they are bound to use some of these which you must capitalize on . These are of course not the only things punishable, just the reliable ones i have found. Approaches with shine is also one of the few ways falco can make an opening for himself and i suggest using this often. Yet again, i still consistently lose to good peach mains, though i definatly gotten better with this stuff in mind. If someone with more knowledge than me has anything to suggest for this matchup id be very appreciative
Edit: Apparently Peach's Toad is a projectile counter as shown here: https://youtu.be/xiTW7q6XcZQ. So, I guess if Falco can perfectly space a Reflector on a rarely used move, that's a plus for him? Then again, I think Falco can Reflector any counter that doesn't move forward and waste time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom