• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB Wii U Online Crew Tournament #2 - Time to Double the Fun between 3/21/15 and 3/28/15

Glazed_Soul

Smash Cadet
NNID
Glazed_Soul
3DS FC
1263-6203-7457
I'd love to partake but the 6PM time slot is bad for me. If it was maybe 2 hours later I could join
I see the OP hasn't been updated yet. If it's how it was the last time I checked, battle will happen at any time from March 21st to March 28th. The date and times your crew will fight is totally dependent on what time the crew leaders agree on. (SEE POST #17)

Also @ Darklink401 Darklink401 , please update the OP so it changes the dates of the tournament and any other things that need to be updated.
1) No customs
2) default Miis are allowed, but only the default type (now by default, are you referring to Miis not having any equipment or default moves. Like 1-1-1-1 or 2-2-2-2?)
3) Crew battles will have 3 pairs for each crew (maybe make sure everyone is aware of how to handle a game where one teammate lost all stock while the other teammate survived. Or if that scenario is something they figure out while setting up a match)
4) You could put the Falcon Round Robin in the OP as well? Just a suggestion (here's the link if you need it.)
5) This is a Wii U only tournament as well, right? Or has that ruling changed?

I believe that summarizes everything discussed in this thread. If I missed anything please make it known so that everyone will understand how this tourney is working.

*Edit - made this post easier to read

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
I see the OP hasn't been updated yet. If it's how it was the last time I checked, battle will happen at any time from March 21st to March 28th. The date and times your crew will fight is totally dependent on what time the crew leaders agree on. (SEE POST #17)

Also @ Darklink401 Darklink401 , please update the OP so it changes the dates of the tournament and any other things that need to be updated.
1) No customs
2) default Miis are allowed, but only the default type (now by default, are you referring to Miis not having any equipment or default moves. Like 1-1-1-1 or 2-2-2-2?)
3) Crew battles will have 3 pairs for each crew (maybe make sure everyone is aware of how to handle a game where one teammate lost all stock while the other teammate survived. Or if that scenario is something they figure out while setting up a match)
4) You could put the Falcon Round Robin in the OP as well? Just a suggestion (here's the link if you need it.)
5) This is a Wii U only tournament as well, right? Or has that ruling changed?

I believe that summarizes everything discussed in this thread. If I missed anything please make it known so that everyone will understand how this tourney is working.

*Edit - made this post easier to read
Thank you ^-^

Pretty sure I covered the 3-pairs system as best as I could, but everything else is fair critique XD I think.

And yes, its wii u only, otherwise itd get confusing xD

Jason Rosenberg

Smash Cadet
NNID
Quidkid
Looking at the link it says this event starts today at 4, but we have a week to do our match correct?

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Looking at the link it says this event starts today at 4, but we have a week to do our match correct?
Indeed. I'm just gonna start it at a specific time, officially, but yall are free to do the matches whenever (doubt anyone can do the matches before then, but just tell me the result afterwards if so~)

Also anyone can enter even up to the moment I start it, which might be later depending on when I get off of work.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Boom, started.

5 crews participating, brackets finalized.

Crews, start gettin your matches organized ;3 Remember, you got a whole week, but dont leave it all until the last minute~

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
5 crews participating, brackets finalized.
Now it says 6 crews in the bracket. What's going on here? We've made our arrangements to play Inglorious Smashers, as it said to when the bracket was "finalized", but now the bracket's changed. I'm confused.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Now it says 6 crews in the bracket. What's going on here? We've made our arrangements to play Inglorious Smashers, as it said to when the bracket was "finalized", but now the bracket's changed. I'm confused.
So here's what happened, and I planned on announcing it tho my internet was not working quite well.

But now Im back.

As I hadn't seen anyone yet post anything here, relating to going to prepare or whatever for the tourney, and Nimyu asked me if he could be added, I figured 6 is MUCH better than 5, so since nothing had yet been done, I reset the bracket, added M7, and now we have 6 people.

if the arrangements had been made already, I apologize >.< I really do. Its just, I feel a tournament of 6 just felt more, whole, and Nimyu pleaded, he was trying to get his crew together in time. He was just a couple hours late, so I decided it wouldn't be too much of a hassle.

I hope that's fine ;_;

I'm still a bit new to this...

Last edited:

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
So here's what happened, and I planned on announcing it tho my internet was not working quite well.

But now Im back.

As I hadn't seen anyone yet post anything here, relating to going to prepare or whatever for the tourney, and Nimyu asked me if he could be added, I figured 6 is MUCH better than 5, so since nothing had yet been done, I reset the bracket, added M7, and now we have 6 people.

if the arrangements had been made already, I apologize >.< I really do. Its just, I feel a tournament of 6 just felt more, whole, and Nimyu pleaded, he was trying to get his crew together in time. He was just a couple hours late, so I decided it wouldn't be too much of a hassle.

I hope that's fine ;_;

I'm still a bit new to this...
It's kind of annoying, but I guess it'll be OK. We've already figured out when enough of us can participate, which was probably the toughest part. You are right that a tourney of 6 is much better than 5, but it's also tricky to coordinate these kinds of things when matches involve 12 people, and it's tougher to change things because of the number of parties involved. I totally understand your situation and not really blaming you for anything, just be aware that it makes for a headache for those of us trying to get everything organized, so it's not something you'll want to make a habit of doing.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
It's kind of annoying, but I guess it'll be OK. We've already figured out when enough of us can participate, which was probably the toughest part. You are right that a tourney of 6 is much better than 5, but it's also tricky to coordinate these kinds of things when matches involve 12 people, and it's tougher to change things because of the number of parties involved. I totally understand your situation and not really blaming you for anything, just be aware that it makes for a headache for those of us trying to get everything organized, so it's not something you'll want to make a habit of doing.
I'll be stricter in the future >.<

I swear, if it had been like, a day after or something, I definitely wouldnt have allowed it x.x haha

Hope everything stays fine regardless x~x

Glazed_Soul

Smash Cadet
NNID
Glazed_Soul
3DS FC
1263-6203-7457
Is there any way you can alter the brackets so Inglorious Smashers and, I'm sorry I'm not sure which crew you're a part of @ HeavyLobster HeavyLobster , could fight in the first round?

Jason Rosenberg

Smash Cadet
NNID
Quidkid
Hey Metal 7 were up in the 2v2 tourny can someone from your crew please contact me?

DrChops

Smash Apprentice
Inglorious Smashers beats The Rumble Crew 4 - 0

Andro + Gate 6 1st Rumble 3
Andro + Gate 2 DJ + heavy 3
Frizz + Blaz 2 DJ + Heavy 6
Dk+Bob 2 DJ + Heavy 0
Dk+Bob 6 kacey + lorenzo 2

MVP(s): DKcruz and Bob were clutch, bringing IGS back from a 8-6 deficient to win the battle.

IGS moves on to the next round against TMT!

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Inglorious Smashers beats The Rumble Crew 4 - 0

Andro + Gate 6 1st Rumble 3
Andro + Gate 2 DJ + heavy 3
Frizz + Blaz 2 DJ + Heavy 6
Dk+Bob 2 DJ + Heavy 0
Dk+Bob 6 kacey + lorenzo 2

MVP(s): DKcruz and Bob were clutch, bringing IGS back from a 8-6 deficient to win the battle.

IGS moves on to the next round against TMT!
Aighttt cool stuff

I'll update the bracket~

DrChops

Smash Apprentice
Not to nitpick, but are we sure we want to do a DE bracket for this style of tournament?
Thread where crews are listed: http://smashboards.com/threads/onli...cause-the-old-thread-had-no-active-op.388496/

Link to Falco Round Robin (side event): http://smashboards.com/threads/otc-...captain-falcon-round-robin-side-event.394930/

CHALLONGE LINK: http://challonge.com/OTCLeague2

If you are not part of the list, don't worry. You can still join this tournament with your crew. But I strongly recommend you go post your crew in the other thread as well, to rank up your crew, as well as get updates on any upcoming tournaments or events!

When will this be? From the 21st through the 28th of March, all matches must be done. This is to allow crews more time to gather and prepare their best fighters ^^

THIS IS A WII U DOUBLES TOURNAMENT

Now that that's outta the way...

This is the second crew tournament to be attached to the official crew battle thread. Thus, I, with some help from TheMoneyTeam, will do my best to make this run smoothly. That being said, I hope everyone has fun, and tries their best.
Legal Stage List:

Neutrals:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Town and City

Counterpicks:

Duck Hunt
Delfino Plaza
Halberd
Kongo Jungle
Skyloft

If both players are ok with a stage not listed here, they can go to that stage, but only if both players agree.

Crew battle type:

Doubles. Each crew will have 3 pairs of players. So basically it will be 6v6. Pairs will take turns playing as they get eliminated. Pair 1 from Group A will vs Pair 1 from Group B first, then if Pair 1 from Group A gets knocked out, Pair 2 from Group A will face Pair 1 of Group B, and so on and so forth, until only 1 crew has any representatives remaining.

Note: If someone loses all their stocks in a game, but their partner still wins, the player with no stocks will get 1 stock, to be able to accompany their partner into battle.

Additional rules:

1) No customs
2) default Miis are allowed, but only the default type (1111, 2222, and 3333) so customs must be off.

If I missed anything, let me know. :3
Crew name:
Pair List: (you can add as many pairings as you want from your crew, as those that are possible to participate)
Crew name: Inglorious Smashers
Pair List: DrChops + frobo, truballer + Slime, Quidkid + Kite, ElMarv + blaz (Placeholder teams for now, subject to change :) )

Crew Name: Monado Masters
Pair List: TBA!!

Crew name: The Money Team
Pair List: Artryuu + Taokaka, Primer TMT + his bro, Darklink401 + Moi Ari, DKcruz + Skylit

Crew : SUPER SMACKDOWN

Pairs: Jason + Tim , Ari + Andrew, Brandon + Nick, Luis + Kyle, Zach + Adil, Wade + Kevin. These pairs are subject to change, and all might not be available.

Crew Name: Rumble Crew
Pairs: TBA
1. Trophy/banner made by me. Will post example of my GFX work later so you know it's gonna be at least pretty good.
2. BP (exact amount to be decided, depending on how many crews are participating)

Have fun!

Also El Scorcho, sorry for taking long with your prize, Ive been a bit busy. Also I procrastinate.....but it shall be done soon! X3
It might be a little late, but are we sure we want to do a DE bracket for this style of tournament? The loser of round 2 has to go back to round 1 losers, meaning that a single team is going to have to play 6 battles (maybe 7 if they win the finals). This also means that the first round as was pointless. There is no way this will be done in a week, probably take about a month to schedule 6 battles.

I would say we should do a SE bracket with 5th place and 3rd place games instead. So the 3rd place game will have the losers of the 2nd round while the 5th place game will put the losers of the 1st round.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Not to nitpick, but are we sure we want to do a DE bracket for this style of tournament?

It might be a little late, but are we sure we want to do a DE bracket for this style of tournament? The loser of round 2 has to go back to round 1 losers, meaning that a single team is going to have to play 6 battles (maybe 7 if they win the finals). This also means that the first round as was pointless. There is no way this will be done in a week, probably take about a month to schedule 6 battles.

I would say we should do a SE bracket with 5th place and 3rd place games instead. So the 3rd place game will have the losers of the 2nd round while the 5th place game will put the losers of the 1st round.
That long? O.o huh...

Perhaps you're right

Welp guys, ignore the loser's bracket XD Idk if I can remove it but I'll check it later.

I won't do 5th place match tho, cuz only 1-3 get prizes XP

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
Yeah, not sure if Rumble Crew is really interested in playing the rest of the tourney out, as round 1 was a laggy mess. Plus organizing these matches is a huge headache.

Jason Rosenberg

Smash Cadet
NNID
Quidkid
Super Smackdown beats metal 7 4-0

:4diddy:+:4peach: (6) v:4bowser:+:4luigi:(4)
:4diddy:+:4peach:(2) v:4jigglypuff:+:4falcon:(2)
:4littlemac:+:4ness:(6) v :4jigglypuff:+:4falcon:(2)
:4littlemac:+:4ness:(4) v :4fox:+ :4lucario: (4)
:4ganondorf:+:4myfriends:(2) v :4fox:+ :4lucario: (2)

Winner: Super Smackdown

Jason Rosenberg

Smash Cadet
NNID
Quidkid
TMT and Inglorious Smasher when is your 2v2 crew battle scheduled for? I have limited time on saturday to plan playing the winner!

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
TMT and Inglorious Smasher when is your 2v2 crew battle scheduled for? I have limited time on saturday to plan playing the winner!
I decided to just extend it until it ends so we aren't rushed.
On that note, still deciding a time to vs inglorious Smashers XD

Might be sunday tho.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
We're trying to decide :S

It's been odd trying to get people haha, doubles tournaments definitely wont be happening often in the future xD

Jason Rosenberg

Smash Cadet
NNID
Quidkid
Agreed singles's definitly easier especially for stream purposes- i think what you should do in the future (besdes just crew battles) is to hold challonge tournaments in which you invite all crews to have thier members compete in, and see which crew does the best. OR do the format we just did but have it be 1v1.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Agreed singles's definitly easier especially for stream purposes- i think what you should do in the future (besdes just crew battles) is to hold challonge tournaments in which you invite all crews to have thier members compete in, and see which crew does the best. OR do the format we just did but have it be 1v1.
I've been considering this, actually.

Might do it for the low-tier tourney.

Glazed_Soul

Smash Cadet
NNID
Glazed_Soul
3DS FC
1263-6203-7457
Lol low tier tourney? It's a good thing I have the Doc and Bowser as mains then! (and Yoshi, but meh Doc is more fun :p)

Frededish

Smash Cadet
NNID
Frededish.
3DS FC
1650-2628-3264
Lol low tier tourney? It's a good thing I have the Doc and Bowser as mains then! (and Yoshi, but meh Doc is more fun :p)
Yeah, sounds fun. I actually main WFT, I just play Diddy for the bad MUs. Can't wait for the low tier tourney.

Glazed_Soul

Smash Cadet
NNID
Glazed_Soul
3DS FC
1263-6203-7457
A Wii Fit main? I laugh at thee. Go ahead try to grab me with your small realistic arms. :p

Last edited:
Top Bottom