• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB Wii U Online Crew Tournament #1 - Bring all yer friends on 2/21/15

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Thread where crews are listed: http://smashboards.com/threads/onli...cause-the-old-thread-had-no-active-op.388496/

If you are not part of the list, don't worry. You can still join this tournament with your crew. But I strongly recommend you go post your crew in the other thread as well, to rank up your crew, as well as get updates on any upcoming tournaments or events!

When will this be? 21st of February, 2015, at 4 PM EST. The date is pretty much set, but the time is subject to change.

This is the first crew tournament to be attached to the official crew battle thread. Thus, I, with some help from TheMoneyTeam, will do my best to make this run smoothly. That being said, I hope everyone has fun, and tries their best.
Legal Stage List:

Neutrals:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Town and City

Counterpicks:

Duck Hunt
Delfino Plaza
Halberd
Kongo Jungle
Skyloft

If both players are ok with a stage not listed here, they can go to that stage, but only if both players agree.

Crew battle type: 5v5 battles, each member has 3 stocks. Classic format in which each crew goes through their members one by one, keeping the stock count from the last game. You can sign up to 7 people per team, but 2 of those will be listed as subs in case another member is not available. If you wish to not have the sub system, and isntead make it so that from those 7, 5 can just rotate for strategic purposes, let me know. I will listen :3

If I missed anything, let me know. This is my first tournament, and I hosted it because I doubt anyone else would.
Crew name:
Member List:
Crew Name: Group Called Hell (GCH)
Member List: Catastrophe (Miketastic5), Tonicthesquirrel, Quinfordmac, UtahCharizard, Billythevillager

Crew name: Phoenix Rush (PRC)
Member List: Shin Chie, Spashy Cracker, Sonicplayer11, GodsMAySpeed, Zack Attack

Crew name: Rumble Crew
Member List: Reserved, reserved, reserved, reserved, reserved... Will figure out participants at a closer date

Crew name: The Money Team
Member List: TBA

Crew Name: The Monado Masters (M2)
Crew membs: TBA!

Crew Name: Smashers With Potential
Member List: TBA

Crew name: El Scorcho
Member list: Spirst, Locke 06, Windmaster012, Parcheesy, Fenrir VII
1. Trophy/banner made by me. Will post example of my GFX work later so you know it's gonna be at least pretty good.
2. BP (exact amount to be decided, depending on how many crews are participating)

Have fun!

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Unfortunately I do not have plans on 2/14, but I'm sure many people do. Might want to rethink the date.

Edit: can we sign up a team of more than 5 but still only have 5 people play in each battle? A 6 person team would have to exclude someone and then that would be sad.

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Unfortunately I do not have plans on 2/14, but I'm sure many people do. Might want to rethink the date.
Only other Saturdays are 7th and 21st. And Id only be available to host on wednesdays, thursdays, and saturdays. x.x

the 14th is a tentative date, but if a lot of people DO have issues with that, I'll definitely be open to suggestions. Might even make a poll.

This is also why no time has been decided yet

Also yes, you can definitely sign up more members and have them on stand-by. I will clarify that in the OP.

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
2/14 is Valentine's Day. I take it you're single as well. :p
I know 2/14 is Valentine's day xD But I didn't think Valentine's day was still a relevant thing. o3o

JK

Don't people usually spend time with their special someones on valentine's day during the afternoon? I could be wrong tho, but this could be at like 6 or 7 PM.

Miketastic5

Smash Cadet
NNID
Miketastic5
Member List: Catastrophe (Miketastic5), Tonicthesquirrel, Quinfordmac, UtahCharizard, Billythevillager

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Will add to OP tonight.

Excited to see the first crew already join up X3

Speaking of, is your entire crew fine with 14th of February, or would, say, 21st of February work better for you?

Last edited:

Quinfordmac

Smash Journeyman
NNID
quinford_GameCo
Will add to OP tonight.

Excited to see the first crew already join up X3

Speaking of, is your entire crew fine with 14th of February, or would, say, 21st of February work better for you?
Why would you put a tourney on Valentine's Day?

Lol. 21st is good for us

Artryuu

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Artryuu
3DS FC
5086-2093-6692
You could do it before Valentine's day... friday 13th perhaps?

Last edited:

Taokaka

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ValooDX
3DS FC
2758-4249-4296
Im not sure how this tournament will work though what exactly are the rules? Cause if its like the usual its definitely going to take a long time.

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
LOOOOL NYAHHAHHA
Laugh while you can o3o
Im not sure how this tournament will work though what exactly are the rules? Cause if its like the usual its definitely going to take a long time.
I don't think so. Not moreso than a regular tournament. It'll be the usual set of rules as stated, but I'm capping the limit at 8 groups, for future reference.

If every crew battle takes an hour, though it should take less, we can do it for the 21st from like 4 PM to I guess 8 or 9 PM.

We wouldn't stream every match, just the ones TMT are in (to keep it simple), and if we get eliminated, then we'd also stream the finals.

It shouldn't take longer than 4 or 5 hours.

Also, I've changed the tentative date to 21st.

I take it no one has any issues with 21st?

EDIT:

Also it will be single bracket, so no losers. You lose, you're out. That's also why its encourages to have 2 groups if possible, so that even if one of your groups lose, you still got another to root for.

Last edited:

KCsmash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KaceyProGamer
3DS FC
5386-8840-6815
Member List: Djsoundwaves(Stephen), PainJ(obeymalleo), KingLucasx, HoodedAltair , reserved. Subs: KCsmash(Kacey) and Kiddo

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Member List: Reserved, reserved, reserved, reserved, reserved... Will figure out participants at a closer date :p
Golden.

;3

You guys were a real challenge last time, so I'm lookin forward to how well you'll do in this tournament.

Glazed_Soul

Smash Cadet
NNID
Glazed_Soul
3DS FC
1263-6203-7457
All right, I have a few questions.

1) I'm going to assume that not every member will be available for the entire tourney. ( like me, after 5 EST, gotta get ready for work :/) If this is the case, can a crew member be completely swapped out, as in an 8th member fights even though only 2 subs are allowed?

2) If for any reason, a crew does not have 5 members for a fight, are they automatically disqualified, or are they forced to fight with a handicap? (only 4 members so they only get 12 stock instead of the regular 5)

3) If you allow crews to fight with a handicap, does that also mean crews are able to enter the tournament with 5 members? If so, what is the absolute minimum? (ex. 3 crew member minimum)

4) This pertains to the Salty Suite in the end. If someone is not available to fight after the tournament has ended, are the two fighters allowed to arrange an alternate time to settle their salt? ( let's say you [AKA Darklink401] want to fight me, but I'm not available until the next day)
4a)If an alternate time is allowed, what steps would be required to make it official ( let's say you [AKA Darklink401] posts the day and time, and in order for it to be legitimate, the other person [me in this example] must quote the challenge and say, "sounds good!" or something like that)

Uhhh, I think that covers it all. I know a few of these questions were kinda answered, but I just wanted to see if we could form a more solid rule set. Thanks!

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
All right, I have a few questions.

1) I'm going to assume that not every member will be available for the entire tourney. ( like me, after 5 EST, gotta get ready for work :/) If this is the case, can a crew member be completely swapped out, as in an 8th member fights even though only 2 subs are allowed?

2) If for any reason, a crew does not have 5 members for a fight, are they automatically disqualified, or are they forced to fight with a handicap? (only 4 members so they only get 12 stock instead of the regular 5)

3) If you allow crews to fight with a handicap, does that also mean crews are able to enter the tournament with 5 members? If so, what is the absolute minimum? (ex. 3 crew member minimum)

4) This pertains to the Salty Suite in the end. If someone is not available to fight after the tournament has ended, are the two fighters allowed to arrange an alternate time to settle their salt? ( let's say you [AKA Darklink401] want to fight me, but I'm not available until the next day)
4a)If an alternate time is allowed, what steps would be required to make it official ( let's say you [AKA Darklink401] posts the day and time, and in order for it to be legitimate, the other person [me in this example] must quote the challenge and say, "sounds good!" or something like that)

Uhhh, I think that covers it all. I know a few of these questions were kinda answered, but I just wanted to see if we could form a more solid rule set. Thanks!
1. That's what the 2 subs are for.

If people want me to allow 3 subs instead, that's fine, but I don't think it should be that hard for someone to make a commitment for 3-4 hours.

2. A crew can only enter if they have 5 members. Every crew has at least 5, anyway.

3. Crews can't participate with a handicap. That'd be unfair.

4. You message someone about wanting to fight them in the salty suite. They say yes or no. If they say yes, then they will be scheduled to fight after the tournament. If both players don't want to fight, or simply can't make it to the salty suite, then they will either have to wait for next tournament's salty suite, or they will have to settle it in their own time.

Miketastic5

Smash Cadet
NNID
Miketastic5
Oh btw, I challenge Dark Link to a Salty rematch for a charge of >1 BP (you can decided if you accept). I want to redeem myself for the crew battle, and feel I have a great chance of defeating you in a Best of 3/Best of 5 set. Do you accept?

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Oh btw, I challenge Dark Link to a Salty rematch for a charge of >1 BP (you can decided if you accept). I want to redeem myself for the crew battle, and feel I have a great chance of defeating you in a Best of 3/Best of 5 set. Do you accept?
Done! :3

2 BP for the crew of the winner, and best of 3? ;P

KCsmash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KaceyProGamer
3DS FC
5386-8840-6815
How exactly will this all work? For example will 2 crews face eachother and then the losing crew is eliminated, with the winning crew moving on to round 2.

Random4811

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Random4811
3DS FC
3093-7532-1720
I know 2/14 is Valentine's day xD But I didn't think Valentine's day was still a relevant thing. o3o

JK

Don't people usually spend time with their special someones on valentine's day during the afternoon? I could be wrong tho, but this could be at like 6 or 7 PM.
The afternoon? The evening is when all the fun stuff happens.

This looks interesting, though. I presently don't belong to a crew, however.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
The afternoon? The evening is when all the fun stuff happens.

This looks interesting, though. I presently don't belong to a crew, however.
Should join one, bro. It's great fun :3

Also it starts at 2, only because I have NO idea how long this will last, presumably like 3-4 hours, but I don't want to make this run too late. Keep in mind this is an experiment as well, as I've never ran a crew tournament (or any tournament, for that matter)

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Now starting at 2 EST? Just clarifying. We're still trying to figure out everyone's schedule on Saturday.

(We=el scorcho)

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Now starting at 2 EST? Just clarifying. We're still trying to figure out everyone's schedule on Saturday.

(We=el scorcho)
Oh ****e, I wrote 2, didn't I?

That was a rough draft time. Ignore that plz.

it's still 4 EST x-x'' sorry.

pokemonfan111

Smash Cadet
NNID
yoshifan111
Should update it making sure everyone knows that only 1 team per crew with 2 subs(I think thats what we agreed on.)

Top Bottom