• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB Remake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rif-Raf

Smash Rookie
So I know everyone is kinda distracted by SSB4 coming, but I think it'd be easier to wait if we got a small SSB game to keep us busy ya know? Like a eShop or 3DS or DS or Wiiware remake of the SSB for 64. You could have all the original 12 characters plus the characters who wer suppost to be in the original:
Pit-Kid Icarus
Bowser-SMB
Peach-SMB
Mewtwo-PKMN
Meowth-PKMN
King Dedede-Kirby

The characters could have 3 specials like before and Smash Ball/Final Smash could be in it too cuz it was an original idea for SSB64.
More items and stages, just like a version of SSB64 that has everything the creators originaly wanted in it.
Watcha think?

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
So I know everyone is kinda distracted by SSB4 coming, but I think it'd be easier to wait if we got a small SSB game to keep us busy ya know? Like a eShop or 3DS or DS or Wiiware remake of the SSB for 64. You could have all the original 12 characters plus the characters who wer suppost to be in the original:
Pit-Kid Icarus
Bowser-SMB
Peach-SMB
Mewtwo-PKMN
Meowth-PKMN
King Dedede-Kirby

The characters could have 3 specials like before and Smash Ball/Final Smash could be in it too cuz it was an original idea for SSB64.
More items and stages, just like a version of SSB64 that has everything the creators originaly wanted in it.
Watcha think?
just play online, and NEVER smashballs...

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
They wouldn't remake smash 64 because then customers for smash 4 would realize how much smash 4 sucks in comparison to the 14-year-old game.

In my opinion

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I agree with Krynxe. But we don't have to wait for Sakurai for this to happen if we got hackers.

Is it possible to hack smash 64 so you could add in the extra characters and stages? It's done for brawl all the time. If smash bros can't be hacked like brawl and add extra content then I can only see this happening if it was a brawl hack with the same physics, graphics, everything of smash 64. I would play this, and somehow get online to work as well?

Someone make make this please, I want nice things.

:phone:

Wrestlemania

The Steel Chair
I agree with Krynxe. But we don't have to wait for Sakurai for this to happen if we got hackers.

Is it possible to hack smash 64 so you could add in the extra characters and stages? It's done for brawl all the time. If smash bros can't be hacked like brawl and add extra content then I can only see this happening if it was a brawl hack with the same physics, graphics, everything of smash 64. I would play this, and somehow get online to work as well?

Someone make make this please, I want nice things.

:phone:

Sluigi123

R64/Brawl- Dev; AI Coder; Balancer
NNID
Sluigi123
The thing is that having SSB: 64 HD Remix would be a lot harder for Nintendo to make, because it just very old coding and they need to find the real copy of SSB64 in their "garage."

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
They remade super mario 64 and OoT on the DS and 3DS respectively

They obviously have no problem remaking n64 games

Powerstars

Smash Apprentice
They remade super mario 64 and OoT on the DS and 3DS respectively

They obviously have no problem remaking n64 games
^ This.avi. And, not to mention, they're gonna have to make a Smash for 3DS anyways. This could be like practice for them. Also, if this is made, make the graphics cartoony, as they were in the original. Heck, I'd be all over a remake with chibi sprites.

MetroidFan4Life

Smash Rookie
Remakes are a good way for Nintendo to make money I think they should bring back some Metroid games lol

Sangoku

Smash Master
Whether Nintendo should make some Metroid remakes or not is not really to subject of smashboards. So there's no need to revive this old thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom