• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Squirtle's UP-b disappears

Dubforce

Smash Sidius
Sometimes if I start up-b right at the ledge (something I tend to do after an edgegaurd), his up-b disappears and I just grab the ledge on the start-up frames. After noticing this happen a few times I tried to actually replicate it so I could use it in matches, thinking it was maybe similar to how fox's up-b will grab the ledge during startup. However, I can't get it to happen, so it must be a glitch.

traffic.

Smash Journeyman
do you mean from the stage, or are you doing this in similar circumstances to ledgeguarding up-b cancels? i've used it many times as a ledgegrab mixup and havent noticed anything buggy about the way it cancels like firefox, just the timing/proximity to the ledge. perhaps dial in the mechanic?

traffic.

Smash Journeyman
it's got to be really close, squirtle's tiny! you end up with a small watery splash when you grab the ledge, all around pretty underwhelming all things considered.

Top Bottom