• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard Team colors

TheNotSoShyGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheNotSoShyGuy
Not really much of a game breaking bug, but sort of a minor aesthetic nitpick.

I think due to the placement of the Pokemon's team colors, it is causing the game to think that the same "character" is being used on a team, so it highlights the second member and darkens the third. The slots I am getting is from the numbered slots on the CSS (which is a nice touch by the way).

The colors and their slots are as follows (issues are underlined):

Squirtle: Blue on 1, Red on 2, and Green on 3
Ivysaur: Blue on 4, Red on 2, and Green on 3
Charizard: Blue on 4, Red on 1, and Green on 3

I have tested everything to be sure, and:
If Ivysaur and Charizard are on Blue team, one is highlighted.
If Squirtle and Ivysaur are on Red team, one is highlighted
If Squirtle, Ivysaur, or Charizard (any combination of two of them) are on Green team, one is highlighted. (if all 3 are on one team, then one is highlighted and one is darkened.)

Like I said, not anything major, but a minor aesthetic bug i found. Thank you for reading.

D

Deleted member

This is an already known bug. The tenting of the characters in team matches happens because the game counts The Pokemon Trainer's pokemon (Ivy, Charizard, and Squirtle) as the same character.

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
I was playing Squirtle and Ivysaur on blue team and experienced the known bug

!!BUT!!

The Charizard on the red team was tinted with Link as a partner 0_o

Ginge

Smash Ace
I was playing Squirtle and Ivysaur on blue team and experienced the known bug

!!BUT!!

The Charizard on the red team was tinted with Link as a partner 0_o
What slots were you, and each computer? I'll try to replicate it.

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
Humans:
Player 1 Squirtle
Player 2 Ivysaur
CPU:
Player 3 Link
Player 4 Charizard

I don't remember if it was Brawl or OoT Link.

Ginge

Smash Ace
Alright, so I replicated it with multiple partners, stages, and positioning of characters. So it seems that it isn't specific for just Link / one of the costumes.

EDIT:
Charizard just does not like being on Red team it seems.
Even with (only) Squirtle on Blue team vs. (only) Charizard on Red team, Charizard starts in his light coloring.

EDIT 2:
Does NOT happen with (only) Squirtle on Green Team vs. (only) Charizard on Red Team.
Does NOT happen with (only) Ivysaur on Green Team vs. (only) Charizard on Red Team.
Does NOT happen with (only) Ivysaur on Blue Team vs. (only) Charizard on Red Team.

So something specifically about Squirtle on Blue Team and Charizard on Red Team?

KFrosty

Smash Apprentice
I noticed similar patterns with the Roy/Marth and Mewtwo/Lucario combos. I know it's listed as a known bug, but it seems that only colors that share a slot do this.

In other words, blue team Roy and Marth works perfectly fine (since they use slots 4 and 1 respectively), but red and green do not (both slots 2 and 3). So the simple solution for this is to just move the color order for the pokemon/newbies around.

So in other words, make Ivysaur's blue pattern and Squirtle's red pattern to #3 so that the colors don't glitch anymore.

EDIT: I originally said Green works and Blue doesn't. fixed my mistake. Also, it seems that I made a slight miscalculation on the Ivysaur/Squirtle comment. I wont fix that one, but just an FYI

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
Team tinting has nothing to do with the textures, so that's not a viable solution.

Maybe this new bug should be moved to a different thread so it's not buried in this known bug thread

Ginge

Smash Ace
Go for it. People that saw the original post might dismiss it as solved. Feel free to copy my findings over, too.

Top Bottom