• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SquareEnix Characters? (Final Fanstasy's)

Crispin

Smash Rookie
Any news on SquareEnix being a Third party? not sure weather it was decomfirmed or not.

I'm thinkin Squall or Zell from FFIIX would be pretty good

Azuriken

Smash Apprentice
Ha..AH..AHAHAHAHAHahhaha......AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA omfg u win for being just terrible! You can't even call yourself a FF-fan... FFIIX??? what the **** is that? try FFVIII...idiot. Sorry but u just offended the third best FF game and i hate you for it.

On a lighter note. Don't expect to see a third party character that never even appeared on a Nintendo console. If you want squareenix, your best shot is with Geno, or a character from CT.

Kruton

Smash Ace
Yeah, Nintendo would never reach out to a third party character that never even had a game on one of their consoles...

Sailus

Smash Cadet
Yeah, Nintendo would never reach out to a third party character that never even had a game on one of their consoles...

Final fantasy 1, NES.

Final fantasy 2, NES (Jpn only)

Final Fantasy 3, NES (Jpn only)

Final Fantasy 4, Snes (Final fantasy 2 in America, same game)

Final fantasy 5, Snes (Jpn only)

Final fantasy 6, Snes (Final fantasy 3 in America, same game)

FF4, FF5, and FF6 were remade for GBA. FF1 was remade on Playstation, while FF2 and FF3 were (unsure) also remade for GBA.

Research before posting garbage, please.

*Edit: Ah, squal and Zell. I thought you meant Final fantasy in general. Guess i need to read more carefully =P

Crossfire

Smash Rookie
Hope you guys don`t mind if I put up a moveset (and some extra stuff) for a Final Fanatsy/Square Enix Rep, seeing as it`s a Final Fantasy topic and all.

Choco/Mog

Basically, a moogle riding a chocobo. Unlike another pair, the Ice Climbers, these two are inseperable and work in tandem. Chocobo does the majority of the fighting, but Mog (in other words, the moogle) does help with special attacks, holds items and weapons, and does use a few melee attacks.

Statistically, Choco/Mog leans toward the light, speedy type, perhaps on par with Fox. Physically, they look most like the Chocobo and Moogle seen in Final Fantasy VI.

Melee:

standard - right wing slash, left wing slash
forward - talon kick
F-smash - magic shock
downward - tailfeather sweep
D-smash - magic quake
upward - beak swipe
U-smash - overhead shock
running - tackle
aerial standard - talon rake
aerial downward - nosedive
aerial forward - talon axe
aerial upward - upward shock
aerial rear - rear shock

Grab/Throws:

Grab - magic manipulation
Throw Forward - chocobo kick
Throw Upward - rocket toss
Throw Downward - talon stomp
Throw Backward - chocobo spin kick

Standard Special - Aero

Mog casts Aero, which surrounds the duo and knocks opponents away. Can be charged for greater power, although the longer the Special is charged, the longer it must recharge before you can use it again. Can also be charged while running and jumping.

Forward Special - Thief Dash

Choco/Mog dash forward at a blinding speed, dealing minimal damage, and if the opponent is carrying an item (such as the Beam Sword), they take it for themselves, unless they already carry an item. Powerups such as Bunny Hood and Metal Box cannot be stolen.

Downward Special - Dig Frenzy

Chocobo thrashes the ground with his beak, damaging anyone caught (and burying them if they`re grounded) and occasionally uprooting an item.

Upward Special - Dragoon Jump

Choco/Mog shoots straight upward, pauses for a second, then shoots straight back down or to either side, depending if the player is holding left, right, or neither. When used in air, Choco/Mog simply pauses before shooting down, rather than shooting upward beforehand.

Final Smash - Actually, I have two ideas for what could be the FS:

Golden Chocobo

Mog summons golden armor that attaches to Chocobo`s wings, legs, body and head temporarily, boosting speed and power as well as allowing you to control your height by holding jump to ascend and releasing jump to descend. You also stay suspended in mid-air when using aerial attacks. Take note that Choco/Mog can still be damaged.

Meteor

Mog summons a rain of meteorites that crash down upon the field, damaging anyone caught in the storm. Small meteorites cause little damage and do not flinch, medium meteorites cause mild damage and do flinch, and large meteorites cause great damage and send opponents flying.

Upward Taunt - Chocobo hops up and down happily.

Side Taunt - Chocobo twirls in place while Mog does a backflip

Downward Taunt - Chocobo shakes his feathery rump at the screen while Mog pats his bottom mockingly.

Colors:

Yellow Chocobo-White Moogle-Red Pom
Black Chocobo-Purple Moogle-Red Pom
White Chocobo-Black Moogle-Yellow Pom
Green Chocobo-Pink Moogle-Yellow Pom (Green Team)
Blue Chocobo-Yellow Moogle-Red Pom (Blue Team)
Red Chocobo-Blue Moogle-Yellow Pom (Red Team)

Also, the Pink Moogle has purple wings, while the Blue Moogle has yellow wings. The Black, Green and Blue Chocobos have red eyes.

Kirby Hat - Chocobo beak with Moogle pom

Stage - Airship

Stage Song - Flight of the Airship (possibly a remix of the various Airship tunes throughout the series)

Alternate/Theme Song - Moogle and Chocobo songs mixed together, possibly with Prelude

---

And as an extra treat, FF items and Assist Trophies:

Magicite

For Brawl, Magicite act as a sort of "magic bomb" that, when thrown, crack open upon impact, unleashing the magic inside. While carrying Magicite, you can pick up additional Magicite (up to 3) to power the spells up further. There are seven kinds:

Fire - explodes into flame, buring opponents and sending them flying (Fira, Firaga, Firaja)
Blizzard - freezes opponents solid (Blizzara, Blizzaga), Blizzaja)
Thunder - repeatedly shocks opponents for extra damage (Thundara, Thunaga, Thundaja)
Stop - briefly freezes opponent in place (even in midair), allowing you to strike them easily (Stopra, Stopga, Stopja)
Demi - deals a percentage of damage to your opponents based on how powerful the spell is (Demira, Demiga, Demija)
Bio - poisons foes, dealing successive damage (Biora, Bioga, Bioja)
Holy - powerful spell that breaks shields (Holyra, Holyga, Holyja)

Assist Trophy:

Cactuar

A powerful but rare AT, Cactuar leans forward and unleashes its mighty 1,000 needles attack, doing damage all the way up to possibly 999%, which of course leaves you terribly vulnerable to attack afterward! However, while the needles do flinch, you can still move to try and excape the attack (much like with the Super Scope). Also, Cactuar only fires forward in one direction, thereby making the attack easy to dodge. But still, beware; if you`re caught in the stream of needles, the attack can easily catapult your damage meter by 100%-200% in a second.

Tonberry

Ah, the creepy green, shuffling killer-in-a-cloak. When released, Tonberry shuffles along the platform he is on, turning around when he reaches an edge. If an opponent draws near, Tonberry attempts to strike them with his famous Knife attack. If struck, the opponent flies out of the stage faster than you can say "DOINK!" Beware when the Tonberry is on patrol!

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
The only final fantasy characters that really have a chance imo is Sora, Moogle, chocobo and maybe the main 4 characters from final fantasy 3 on ds (although that's questionable)

Azuriken

Smash Apprentice
sorry new guy but no... sora never appeared on a nintendo platform and nintendo isnt going to feature a character made famous on PS2... GO AWAY

Mac_77

Smash Cadet
Although the Final Fantasy series was good, I really do not expect them to make it at all, yes some of those games have been on Nintendo platforms before but that does not mean they automatically have a 100% shot of making it, also just because the Sony FF games and the KH series are a part of Squaresoft do not really link to them to Nintendo in any way, of course if you don't include Chain of Memories for GBA but that was pretty much the lesser of the KH series...

If anything the only Squaresoft Character I can see making an appearance in brawl would be Geno...

finalark

SNORLAX
*facepalm* You know there were other Final Fantasies before VII, right?

Anyway, nice list and the way I see it, Square and Nintendo seem to be trying to strengthen their relationship (A Wonderful World (DS) Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates (DS) FF:CC: ... forgot title but the one for the Wii, FF: Little Kind and the Promised Land (Wii), Dragon Quest: Swords (Wii), DQ: Joker (DS), FF IV DS, just to name a few that are coming out for Nintendo systems.)

R.Y.N.O

Smash Journeyman
sorry new guy but no... sora never appeared on a nintendo platform and nintendo isnt going to feature a character made famous on PS2... GO AWAY
HEY AZURIKEN!!! First of all Sora has appeared on a nintendo platform. He and Riku have appeared on the GBA and Roxas has a new game coming out for the DS.

Second, instead of telling other people who are right to go away and mocking other people maybe you should go away yourself!!

By the way "ahem" "research before you post garbage":chuckle:

Azuriken

Smash Apprentice
HEY AZURIKEN!!! First of all Sora has appeared on a nintendo platform. He and Riku have appeared on the GBA and Roxas has a new game coming out for the DS.

Second, instead of telling other people who are right to go away and mocking other people maybe you should go away yourself!!

By the way "ahem" "research before you post garbage":chuckle:
Dude...come on. Chain of Memories was terrible. Sora is primarily, nearly exclusivly a character on PS2. Nintendo isn't looking to give sony business. I'm right ur wrong. u go away first.

del-boy

Smash Journeyman
The only final fantasy characters that really have a chance imo is Sora, Moogle, chocobo and maybe the main 4 characters from final fantasy 3 on ds (although that's questionable)
Sora has a very low chance(upder 2%).

vastler

Smash Apprentice
Dude...come on. Chain of Memories was terrible. Sora is primarily, nearly exclusivly a character on PS2. Nintendo isn't looking to give sony business. I'm right ur wrong. u go away first.
dude KH:CoM was an importan brige between KH & KH2 plus it was fun and you didn't consider solid snake, he was made famous by Sony & end up in brawl with only once apearing in nintendo ( metal gear solid : twin snake )

PS: if i can punch you right now i will followed by Brock Lesnar famous F-5 reasearch before postting your *hit :mad:

at this point any Square char has a chance that include Sora and any FF char

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
dude KH:CoM was an importan brige between KH & KH2 plus it was fun and you didn't consider solid snake, he was made famous by Sony & end up in brawl with only once apearing in nintendo ( metal gear solid : twin snake )

PS: if i can punch you right now i will followed by Brock Lesnar famous F-5 reasearch before postting your *hit :mad:
KH:CoM sucked. However an important game it is, us Nintendo gamers got the short end of the stick.

And Snake appeared twice on the NES (though one game is not canon) and then on Gamecube.

vastler

Smash Apprentice
KH:CoM sucked. However an important game it is, us Nintendo gamers got the short end of the stick.

And Snake appeared twice on the NES (though one game is not canon) and then on Gamecube.
i think Sakurai wants a famous char in the world(espesially japan) any char that has been in nintendo is being reconsider this include Sora,Megaman,Bomberman,any FF char, every char in sakurai's poll

just be prepear if they have there last 3rd party char and it's not who you aspected

PS: sorry for the *hit thing i just got provoke by the post

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Ahh, the difference lies that Sakurai and Kojima are best of friends. I wonder if Sakurai has the same relationship with Sora's creator.

Also, Chains of Memories was remade in 3D for the PS2 Final Mix of Kingdom Hearts 2. So it's not a Nintendo exclusive game.

Just my two cents. :p

vastler

Smash Apprentice
Believe me, Sora wouldn't shock me. Not after Snake, not after Pokemon Trainer. Sakurai would have to try really hard to surprise me again, especially since I'm one of them freaks who wants Ayumi Tachibana playable ^.^
well i'll be shock if they put another 3rd party char no matter who it is but if it's sora i'll be the happiest SSB-fan ever to live:grin:

R.Y.N.O

Smash Journeyman
First of all KH:CoM did not suck. ALL of my friends and I loved it save two. Also check out the following link. http://gameboy.ign.com/objects/606/606154.html

Second I do agree that Nintendo would not want to forward Sony's sales but if that is true then why would they put Snake in there! Snake has only been on two Nintendo systems AND he has another game coming out for the PLAYSTATION 3. And all of his other games that have come out are for the freakin PLAYSTATION 2. Sure, you would probably say something like, "Dude, Sora's only been on one Nintendo system. How stupid can you get." Well it just so happens that they are coming out with a new KH game for the DS and the PSP. Because there is another one coming out for the DS that means that means that they might put a KH character in to forward sales. Just like they did with ROY!

Just face facts, I'm right and your wrong. And I know how to spell in something other than text.
So you go away first. :mad::mad::mad:

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
First of all KH:CoM did not suck. ALL of my friends and I loved it save two. Also check out the following link. http://gameboy.ign.com/objects/606/606154.html

Second I do agree that Nintendo would not want to forward Sony's sales but if that is true then why would they put Snake in there! Snake has only been on two Nintendo systems AND he has another game coming out for the PLAYSTATION 3. And all of his other games that have come out are for the freakin PLAYSTATION 2. Sure, you would probably say something like, "Dude, Sora's only been on one Nintendo system. How stupid can you get." Well it just so happens that they are coming out with a new KH game for the DS and the PSP. Because there is another one coming out for the DS that means that means that they might put a KH character in to forward sales. Just like they did with ROY!

Just face facts, I'm right and your wrong. And I know how to spell in something other than text.
So you go away first. :mad::mad::mad:
Your point is moot because Sakurai and Kojima are BFF. BFF > All that you said. Is Sakurai BFF with Sora's creator? Huh? HUH???

And Roy is a Nintendo character... besides that, the new KH game for DS will feature Roxas, not Sora.

vastler

Smash Apprentice
Azuriken are you looking for a fight

cause all you say is "no want is right but you"
well I GOT NEWS 4 U nobody is always right

if your so confident then tell me who do you think is the third 3rd-party PC?

blayde_axel

Smash Master
KH: CoM did suck, but on different levels of sucktitude. No platforming whatsoever, or puzzles, or side-quests (not counting 100-Acre Woods,) but to me, it was a bit more difficult, especially Riku's battle.

Then again, I think the KH franchise sucks in general. Good story, bad everything else.

vastler

Smash Apprentice
man KH:CoM may not be successful in some country but not all

the franchise is voted best RPG game in that perticular year and one game that made history

so it's a good adittion for Sora to be in Brawl

but at this state any 3rd-party PC suprisess me even if it is anyone you least aspected(i'm still in shock cause Darth Vader & Yoda is a PC in SoulCalibur 4)

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I see it as a double edged weapon..

The risk is high, because KH is mainly a Sony franchise. KHIII will be on the PS3, so I bet Sora in Brawl will not draw as many KH fans to make up for the advertizing..

I'm personally looking forward to KH DS, being the first Ninty exclusive KH.
Too bad Roxas is the main character.

KH is a huge gamble.. I don't think Nintendo will want to promote it, Square-minded might want to suggest Sora or Cloud, but I'm sure Sakurai would go for Chocobo, since it was the most wanted 3rd party for Melee.. (And it's a safer, and decently popular choice)

vastler

Smash Apprentice
actualy there is a prediction by someone name surffergirl in a forum that KH3 may be in Wii and so far her prediction are correct

R.Y.N.O

Smash Journeyman
Your point is moot because Sakurai and Kojima are BFF. BFF > All that you said. Is Sakurai BFF with Sora's creator? Huh? HUH???

And Roy is a Nintendo character... besides that, the new KH game for DS will feature Roxas, not Sora.
You make a good point. I am not sure if they are friends or not BUT don't forget that Sora is not only owned by Square but also by Disney. Disney is a multi platform company. This gives him a higher chance of being in the game. And where did you the impression that Sakurai and Kojima are best friends? I would like to see the site where this information was aquired. I thought they put him in because he was originaly supposed to be in Melee.

And by the way, maybe you should read more carefully. I said ANY KH CHARACTER! I never said anything about only having Sora as a representative.

Also, do any of you even know what this argument was about in the first place? I checked and it turns out that it stemmed from when Azuriken told someone else off and then I told him off. You guys think that KH sucks and that because of that NO KH CHARACTERS should not be in Brawl. KH is popular and many people want him in. Also Azuriken you are not always right. You have to accept the fact that other people are going to be right and you are going to be wrong. You have probably won this argument and I give you my congrats. But, you will not always be right. Just, think about it...

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
SquareEnix is one of the least deserving third parties to have a character slot. And even if they weren't, the best logical character choice would be Geno.

Also, Square doesn't own Sora. Disney does. And I'll doubt they'll let him in Brawl.

Greevy

Smash Cadet
Screw Sora, I want King Mickey... and Mallow... I think I just picked two of the least likley Brawl additions ever.

AmericanGTS

Smash Apprentice
Super Smash Bros Brawl = Nintendo game.

Nintendo games = Nintendo bias.

Nintendo bias = Characters that are important to Nintendo or characters that are somehow related to Nintendo more so than the average third/fourth party character.

Characters that are important to Nintendo or characters that are somehow related to Nintendo more so than the average third/fourth party character = Geno.

Geno = A third party Mario character, which was technically created as a second party character BUT is owned by a third party company, and is also highly requested.

vastler

Smash Apprentice
the way i see it, the posseble square char to be in Brawl are:
-Sora
-Geno
the ff char has smaller chances then the two above

Top Bottom