• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spyke the Street Urchin (from Splatoon) for Smash DLC

slambros

Smash Ace
upload_2015-7-15_21-33-20.jpeg

Spyke is from Nintendo's popular shooter Splatoon, stationed in the back alley of the hub world Inkopolis. When approached, he can sell cheaper versions of clothing items you ordered off another Inkling, or add an attribute space to an owned clothing item at the expense of a super sea snail.

Of course, of course, the Inklings (who are basically appearing in Smash sometime in a future installment at this point) should be given top priority before another series character enters the fray. But when the Inklings do become playable, there's suddenly room for a well-designed supporting character to join as well, and why not the visually-unique Spyke?

For moveset, he could utilize the super sea snails, or utilize the skills he almost indefinitely uses during his possibly shady practices.

With a lanky form and spiny head like his, Spyke could be quite the formidable foe. Vote for him if you feel the same!

Supporter list:
slambros

Divemissile

Smash Apprentice
NNID
What_garbage
is there any reason to have spyke over inkling? no? okay.

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
is there any reason to have spyke over inkling? no? okay.
Uhh. because he has a spikey Sea Urchin for HAIR!? Obviously the most developed and helpful character in Splatoon, show some respect. Ugh!

:secretkpop:

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
and here i thought wed all wait for the inklings to get in before starting support threads for all the other characters

slambros

Smash Ace
and here i thought wed all wait for the inklings to get in before starting support threads for all the other characters
While that makes sense, I decided not to wait because the Inklings are basically guaranteed. They're showing up in Smash, whether it's Smash 4 DLC or Smash 5. I mean, they're unavoidable if Splatoon is going to sell over 1 million copies.

So I just figured there could be support for a character that doesn't have that guarantee yet.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
While that makes sense, I decided not to wait because the Inklings are basically guaranteed. They're showing up in Smash, whether it's Smash 4 DLC or Smash 5. I mean, they're unavoidable if Splatoon is going to sell over 1 million copies.

So I just figured there could be support for a character that doesn't have that guarantee yet.
when you put it like that it makes sense

Top Bottom