• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

Smashifer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CRYN1ME
3DS FC
5129-3686-1647
I feel like I'm one of the only people that plays both the 3DS version and the Wii U version. I feel that most people play one or the other (usually playing 3DS if they don't have a Wii U and playing Wii U if they have both). I have all of the character and stage DLC for both versions, and I have both completed in terms of trophies and challenges. I like the Wii U version for the obviously "better" version, HD graphics, music, and couch multiplayer, but I also like the 3DS version too for the quicker access and portability. It also helps that I have a New 3DS as well and that I use the Pro Controller for the Wii U version, making the switch between the two easy.
Oh, I do that too! It's good when I'm on a road trip or something, because i can just whip it out and practice some stuff so I don't forget how to do some stuff. Smash Run is also a blast.

Also guys, since this is a thread on a Pokémon (although not the actual game), I thought it'd be nice to share some info: new Pokémon?!

The first image of the cover of CoroCoro has been released through a trailer. This cover includes the first silhouette of a brand new Pokémon.
This Pokémon is called Magiana (マギアナ).
First image of Magiana. Its classification is Man-Made Pokémon. No type has been revealed. Posses a metalic body, text confirms it was 'made by human hands'. It was made over 500 years ago.
Volcanion is chasing Magiana, only it knows Magiana's secret.
The movie is to be called Volcanion and the Exquisite Mechanical Magiana
Source
What do you guys think? Personally, I like it.

Last edited:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
It is interesting. I'm not really a fan of its design (reminds me of the Klink evolutionary line).

It'll probably just be a mystery gift for Z later.

Edit: Probably will be Steel/Fairy.

Last edited:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Images for the Corocoro appear to be broken. Don't really have an input to all the doom and gloom of homelessness and illnesses or physical body issues or what have you since I live an easy life with the worst physical issue being bad eyesight and a shy bladder. Can't relate at all and it's a bit bland to just put 'how unfortunate/that sucks *sad face*'

I gave my copy of the 3DS version to my sis since she didn't have a Wii U at the time and I had no use for it when the Wii U version came out. She never uses it and I could always get it back and play it at work but there's no internet there so I'd only be fighting ai, on mostly stages that don't matter with a bad control scheme. Only dlc I have on it is Mewtwo since I bought both versions.

And I was going to get Premium when Wolf came out but that never ended up happening. Ended up getting anyways so that lovely red border would stop popping up and to support a site I like. The character behind my posts, the blue name, the option for larger pictures and sigs and the title change are all just tiny bonuses. Don't care for the Disco Room, never been in it.

And no one has noticed my traitorous behaviour of not having Mewtwo listed as a main.

BarSoapSoup

Smash Journeyman
I'm decent. I can get up to the high 1300s in most tiers sometimes higher. I prefer Smash though so I don't devote alot of time into it.
Same. I used to play competitive Übers but I kept getting flak for it so I just hopped out of it. It was always hilarious seeing people bring OU teams ino Über and be all "Watch me destroy this guy NYERRRRRH" only to get sweeped by lead Groudon.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I tend to play the 3DS version more than the Wii U version personally. Gave me a lot of trouble at the last tournament I went to as I had to adjust to a GC controller.

People would probably like the BR if the DR isn't their style. It's rather funny just how many social threads/boards/groups there are on this forum.

I turn off pretty much anything I deem unnecessary such as most types of alerts. Sigs can also slow down my computer and I don't feel like scrolling through an extra half page of meh gifs.
I disable signatures as well. Helps in loading the site by quite a bit. I also use the plain text reply box. The rich text reply box does not workk on the N3DS, and on PCs it eats up more RAM or whatever like sigs.

Yeah, sure, without the rich text editor I sometimes have to remember how to use certain tags and such, but I personally find excessive text colors and formatting to be annoying anyway.

And no one has noticed my traitorous behaviour of not having Mewtwo listed as a main.
What's to notice? Everyone is welcome on the Mewtwo board, whether they main Mewtwo or not. Personally, I wish we had more people here who use a variety of other characters so that our matchup discussions would be more productive.

Last edited:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
I want to be in the Back Room solely because I'm not already a member.

As soon as I get invited I'll be much less interested.

Same. I used to play competitive Übers but I kept getting flak for it so I just hopped out of it. It was always hilarious seeing people bring OU teams ino Über and be all "Watch me destroy this guy NYERRRRRH" only to get sweeped by lead Groudon.
Ever. Single. Time.

Low ladder I see alot of people using these "broken" teams made by youtubers to be funny. They actually think the team is good though. And everytime I make a single move to ruin their plan they quit. :laugh:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I disable signatures as well. Helps in loading the site by quite a bit. I also use the plain text reply box. The rich text reply box does not workk on the N3DS, and on PCs it eats up more RAM or whatever like sigs.

Yeah, sure, without the rich text editor I sometimes have to remember how to use certain tags and such, but I personally find excessive text colors and formatting to be annoying anyway.

What's to notice? Everyone is welcome on the Mewtwo board, whether they main Mewtwo or not. Personally, I wish we had more people here who use a variety of other characters so that our matchup discussions would be more productive.
Was merely a jest. Unfortunately, I lack the ability to give much insight on mus since the only person I play in person is my cousin and he prefers Melee so we don't play much :/

Adamas

Smash Cadet
NNID
BackupAdamas
I'm not starving. I'm alone a lot, and I'm cold every night. I don't have anywhere to put clothes away nicely, so everything is in trash bags and such. I live out of my car but I have no money for gas, so I try not to drive for no reason.

I have no insurance and no job. Those are the main things that I want to change to improve my life.

My family already spent $1000 on filling cavities for me this year. I probably still have another $1000 of work to be done if I went to a dentist. I'm considering going to "dentist school" to get work done for cheap, but it costs at least $100 a pop, which I don't have.

Everyone has their struggles.

Bacterial bone infection? You're right, I've never heard of that. How does that even happen? Well, I'm glad you're healed, anyway.
Something that you should try doing while searching for a job is volunteering. Trust me, not only will it look good on your resume, but you also might meet someone who will offer you a job. To my knowledge, the Salvation Army is a good place to go to volunteer, as I go there every now and again to volunteer. They also offer assistance for those who are struggling financially. Also, might I say that I envy your positive attitude; it's something that I wish I had. In all honesty, I'm a bit of a baby when it comes to hardships. ^-^'

/Lucina

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Katsie
So do few people play Mewtwo still? I played several people today who said they were thrown off simply because they almost never fight a Mewtwo, or at least one that's half-decent or good.

BarSoapSoup

Smash Journeyman
So do few people play Mewtwo still? I played several people today who said they were thrown off simply because they almost never fight a Mewtwo, or at least one that's half-decent or good.
Mewtwo is more common than you think. He's badly effected by the negative stigma of him being a bad character, so people tend to get repelled by that, but most people who main Mewtwo or user him as a secondary no he's got a lot up his sleeve.

Adamas

Smash Cadet
NNID
BackupAdamas
I think that Mewtwo is somewhat rare in the competitive scene due to the fact that he dies so early. Honestly, if you make one mistake when you're above 80%, you've likely just lost a stock. Regardless of how powerful Mewtwo might be, he's-- if my memory serves-- the second lightest character in Smash 4.

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Homelessness is one of my future fears, I truly feel for you, but raises some curiosity out of me. How do you obtain steady food? Do you use cafes for internet? Also, how do you play Smash Bros then?
I never wanted to go with food stamps. Growing up I always looked down on people who choose not to work and collect food stamps. It's not good that I looked down on people at all, but I'm just being honest with you. If it meant starving to death, would I still avoid food stamps? Dunno. Haven't gotten to that point yet. I might, but I doubt it will get to that point. There are places I could go to get meals and lodging if I truly felt like I had no hope options left. But, as Zachmac mentioned, shelters can fill up, as can church programs and such.

Right now, I live in my car. I don't drive it much because 1. I don't have money for gas, and 2. when it's in drive, it gets stuck in 2nd gear, meaning I can't drive faster than 35mph. I dunno what's wrong with the car, but I have zero money to get it looked at or fixed.

Food? I got a lot of gift cards at Christmas. I had a little money left over from when I was working, but that's gone now. Sometimes family will invite me out to eat and pay for my meal, or they'll invite me over to their house and we'll eat together, etc. That doesn't happen a lot, but I'm always grateful when it does happen. Right now I'm on my last two gift cards. If I don't get a job soon, I'll have nothing but charity to fall back on.

I won't beg on the street. It's not so much pride as much as it is unnecessary. I'm not incapable of working. I'm not disabled. And I'm not a liar, so I don't want to pan handle and guilt people into helping me. The people who help me just want to do it. I never ask anyone for help unless I absolutely have to. Whether that's a character flaw or not, I'll let other people decide.

Internet? Free wifi and library PCs here and there. McDonalds is nice, since the people that work there don't really care if you sit in a parked car for hours on end as long as you're not right by the entrance and doing anything weird. My father's business has a decent wifi signal. Sometimes I'll park in his parking lot after hours to get online. A lot of the time when I'm on Smashboards, I'm sitting in my car parked somewhere... killing time... until it gets too cold. There are other places, like hotels, but they can be very wary of people hanging out. Got the cops called on me once. You don't go to places like Starbucks to use internet because then you have to buy something and they usually have tiny parking lots. Some malls have food court wifi.

I use my New3DS to get online. It's like my laptop. The browser on it is surprisingly capable compared to the old 3DS that I used to use. It can't handle certain things, like serious javascript, HD Oddshots, HD gfycats, and there are some horribly optimized websites that will crash (like default settings Smashboards), but it's adequate.

I have a phone (most of the time), but it just texts and calls. I'm fine with that. I don't want a smartphone.

Smash? I play on my N3DS. Sometimes single player, or with amiibo, or online For Glory/For Fun. The worse my situation gets, the less I play, though. I prefer to play with people I know or can talk to. I used to have a co-worker I played with who used Rosalina. Those were my best times playing Smash, honestly. Nowadays I talk about smash more than I play it. I like analyzing things, deconstructing how things are done, watching skilled people play, etc.
I don't know much about homelessness, but I've read articles on it and the like.

Seems a lot of homeless people end up in that position partially because of bad luck - and I hear that once you get homeless, it's extremely difficult to pull yourself out of that situation. Having no place to clean yourself up apparently makes it very difficult to find a job, and you can't exactly tell them you're homeless or they might think that you only ended up that way because of laziness or whatever. Homeless shelters are also apparently very crowded and inadequately funded in a lot of places. I also hear the boredom is the real killer, and that it's very difficult for the homeless to make friends.

Luckily, I think I'm not at much risk of becoming homeless. My parents - particularly my mom - would aid me if it ever looked like I was going to end up without a job or a home. But everyone's situation is different, and I don't believe every homeless person actually deserves to be homeless.
Pretty accurate.

It's hard to get out of homelessness by yourself. Used to be I was roommates with my older cousin, but when he lost his job, I lost my place to live, too. Yes, you cannot bathe, brush your teeth, or go to the bathroom anytime you want/need to unless you have access to certain kinds of places. You can get free memberships to the YMCA if you can prove that you're poor. Truck stops have big bathrooms, and you can get a shower for $13.

In my case, my father has a filtered shower/sink in his business that I helped him build; he lets me use it after hours most of the time, unless we're on bad terms. I have a key to his building that I should have given back to him a long time ago, but he's never asked for it back, so... and he knows I have it. I feel dishonest using it, though. As broke as I am, if I gave him back his key, I'd have to look for someone who would let me live with them or I'd end up like those homeless people on Reddit who end up with their socks becoming fused with their feet and such...

I was living with my sister for a while, but she got married (to a great guy) and I had to move out. My other sister just got engaged. My only other family in this state is my uncle (my aunt already kicked me out of their house once, and they're already housing my older cousin), and my parents. And I'd rather freeze out in my car than live with my dad again.

I am bored and lonely all the time. Thus I end up online a lot.

I dunno what the future holds for me. Some of my situation was just "bad luck," some (a lot) of it was poor decisions on my part, some of it was my father being who my father is. Regardless, I'm slowly trying to get my feet back under me. I'm hoping God will make a way for me. I've tried to do things on my own, my own way, for too long now... It hasn't gotten me anywhere.

I don't drink, I don't do drugs. Never so much as smoked a cigarette in my life. I'm not your typical homeless guy, and trust me, I've helped a lot of them in my short 30 years. But this year I did meet one nice lady who was kinda like me. I think she's in her 70s? I never asked her how old she was.

Last edited:
ICON TEST POST. I chose to put it in this social.
:4cloud2::4bayonetta2::4wiifitm::4robinf::4iggy::4alph::150:
Some of my Mewtwo combos previously mentioned have a few frames for the opponent to DI out of them. If this happens, make a quick escape and return to neutral.

And I made a new tier list. It's experimental, so don't expect it to look too similar to the official list. Not sure where to post it if at all.

Last edited:

Smashifer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CRYN1ME
3DS FC
5129-3686-1647
Images for the Corocoro appear to be broken.
AH, fixed now, I had made that post on my phone, so that's probably why they went out.

Also Aninymouse Aninymouse , I'm a little late to the party but I wish you the best of luck. I can't really say much else as everyone else has said what I would've, and I don't want to sound like a broken record player. Just know that my heart goes out to you. :)

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I never wanted to go with food stamps. Growing up I always looked down on people who choose not to work and collect food stamps. It's not good that I looked down on people at all, but I'm just being honest with you. If it meant starving to death, would I still avoid food stamps? Dunno. Haven't gotten to that point yet. I might, but I doubt it will get to that point. There are places I could go to get meals and lodging if I truly felt like I had no hope options left. But, as Zachmac mentioned, shelters can fill up, as can church programs and such.
If you are actively seeking a job, I don't see why there is any shame in using foodstamps. Just as long as your are trying to find work, you wouldn't be the same as some of the people you looked down upon.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
If you are actively seeking a job, I don't see why there is any shame in using foodstamps. Just as long as your are trying to find work, you wouldn't be the same as some of the people you looked down upon.
I just feel like if I sign up, I'll give up.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910

Right now, I live in my car. I don't drive it much because 1. I don't have money for gas, and 2. when it's in drive, it gets stuck in 2nd gear, meaning I can't drive faster than 35mph. I dunno what's wrong with the car, but I have zero money to get it looked at or fixed.

Food? I got a lot of gift cards at Christmas. I had a little money left over from when I was working, but that's gone now. Sometimes family will invite me out to eat and pay for my meal, or they'll invite me over to their house and we'll eat together, etc. That doesn't happen a lot, but I'm always grateful when it does happen. Right now I'm on my last two gift cards. If I don't get a job soon, I'll have nothing but charity to fall back on.

I won't beg on the street. It's not so much pride as much as it is unnecessary. I'm not incapable of working. I'm not disabled. And I'm not a liar, so I don't want to pan handle and guilt people into helping me. The people who help me just want to do it. I never ask anyone for help unless I absolutely have to. Whether that's a character flaw or not, I'll let other people decide.

Internet? Free wifi and library PCs here and there. McDonalds is nice, since the people that work there don't really care if you sit in a parked car for hours on end as long as you're not right by the entrance and doing anything weird. My father's business has a decent wifi signal. Sometimes I'll park in his parking lot after hours to get online. A lot of the time when I'm on Smashboards, I'm sitting in my car parked somewhere... killing time... until it gets too cold. There are other places, like hotels, but they can be very wary of people hanging out. Got the cops called on me once. You don't go to places like Starbucks to use internet because then you have to buy something and they usually have tiny parking lots. Some malls have food court wifi.

I use my New3DS to get online. It's like my laptop. The browser on it is surprisingly capable compared to the old 3DS that I used to use. It can't handle certain things, like serious javascript, HD Oddshots, HD gfycats, and there are some horribly optimized websites that will crash (like default settings Smashboards), but it's adequate.

I have a phone (most of the time), but it just texts and calls. I'm fine with that. I don't want a smartphone.

Smash? I play on my N3DS. Sometimes single player, or with amiibo, or online For Glory/For Fun. The worse my situation gets, the less I play, though. I prefer to play with people I know or can talk to. I used to have a co-worker I played with who used Rosalina. Those were my best times playing Smash, honestly. Nowadays I talk about smash more than I play it. I like analyzing things, deconstructing how things are done, watching skilled people play, etc.

Pretty accurate.

It's hard to get out of homelessness by yourself. Used to be I was roommates with my older cousin, but when he lost his job, I lost my place to live, too. Yes, you cannot bathe, brush your teeth, or go to the bathroom anytime you want/need to unless you have access to certain kinds of places. You can get free memberships to the YMCA if you can prove that you're poor. Truck stops have big bathrooms, and you can get a shower for $13.

In my case, my father has a filtered shower/sink in his business that I helped him build; he lets me use it after hours most of the time, unless we're on bad terms. I have a key to his building that I should have given back to him a long time ago, but he's never asked for it back, so... and he knows I have it. I feel dishonest using it, though. As broke as I am, if I gave him back his key, I'd have to look for someone who would let me live with them or I'd end up like those homeless people on Reddit who end up with their socks becoming fused with their feet and such...

I was living with my sister for a while, but she got married (to a great guy) and I had to move out. My other sister just got engaged. My only other family in this state is my uncle (my aunt already kicked me out of their house once, and they're already housing my older cousin), and my parents. And I'd rather freeze out in my car than live with my dad again.

I am bored and lonely all the time. Thus I end up online a lot.

I dunno what the future holds for me. Some of my situation was just "bad luck," some (a lot) of it was poor decisions on my part, some of it was my father being who my father is. Regardless, I'm slowly trying to get my feet back under me. I'm hoping God will make a way for me. I've tried to do things on my own, my own way, for too long now... It hasn't gotten me anywhere.

I don't drink, I don't do drugs. Never so much as smoked a cigarette in my life. I'm not your typical homeless guy, and trust me, I've helped a lot of them in my short 30 years. But this year I did meet one nice lady who was kinda like me. I think she's in her 70s? I never asked her how old she was.
My heart goes out to you.

Last edited:

420quickscoper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3952-7274-7735
Hey, @Aninmymouse, I really hope that you can make it through these tough times. I wish I could say "I know how you feel." but unfortunately I don't. I do, though want you to get better. I hope the best for you!

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
Yes. I've seen a fair few tournament videos on youtube where somebody will either switch to Mewtwo or pull him out at the start and the commentators are like 'Mewtwo?? Seriously?'

I'm probably really the only dedicated Mewtwo main in our state. There are others that play him but rarely. Because of that, people don't know what to do against him. I like it that way to be honest.

If Mewtwo was high tier or top tier then EVERYBODY would use him and then everybody would know what to do against him. It would be like the constant amounts of other characters you see all the time.

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Yes. I've seen a fair few tournament videos on youtube where somebody will either switch to Mewtwo or pull him out at the start and the commentators are like 'Mewtwo?? Seriously?'

I'm probably really the only dedicated Mewtwo main in our state. There are others that play him but rarely. Because of that, people don't know what to do against him. I like it that way to be honest.

If Mewtwo was high tier or top tier then EVERYBODY would use him and then everybody would know what to do against him. It would be like the constant amounts of other characters you see all the time.
Even though I agree with this 1000x, I still would not be annoyed if Mewtwo was top tierat all, as payback for Melee.

The only time I ever got interested in PM was when Mewtwo was top tier and people actually played him.

For real though, we should have Peach's float in Smash 4. You can keep Shadow Ball's charging hitbox, I'll take DBZ fighting.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Even though I agree with this 1000x, I still would not be annoyed if Mewtwo was top tierat all, as payback for Melee.

The only time I ever got interested in PM was when Mewtwo was top tier and people actually played him.

For real though, we should have Peach's float in Smash 4. You can keep Shadow Ball's charging hitbox, I'll take DBZ fighting.
Maybe if Smash 4 ever gets a PM style mod we will see that.

Twould be sick indeed.

Edit: Apparently this was the last patch for Smash 4. I'm a tad dissappointed but whatever.

Last edited:

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
We need some sort of patch for this though...https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ca4WkZzWwAAuw36.png:large

Apparently certain characters can't dash grab Bayo and M2 from behind, it just kinda whiffs.
I saw that in the competitive section. I would have posted but it got too stupid.

"It's a bug!"
"No it isn't you child!"

Silliest thing I've ever seen. Anyway yeah hopefully they will see the issue and make another patch anyway.

What'll happen if they don't?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Yeah, I don't care about Disco Room.

You could also get adblock. I'm pretty sure every (good) browser has one now. However, there's still a big red banner that comes down telling you to turn it off.
From what I can understand, some browsers tend to have problems with websites that post a lot of advertisements. The advertisements can end up slowing down your browser so much that you're forced to have to close your browser with the Task Manager application.

Premium is pretty much the key to getting the toxic advertisements out of the picture here.

/Lucina

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Katsie
I saw that in the competitive section. I would have posted but it got too stupid.

"It's a bug!"
"No it isn't you child!"

Silliest thing I've ever seen.
I think the answer is simple, Mewtwo doesn't like surprise hugs.

If Mewtwo had a floating mechanic that would be a dream come true. I think he deserves it. It'd throw people off even more. Say hello to deadly floating fairs, Mewtwo edition. :150:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
I think the answer is simple, Mewtwo doesn't like surprise hugs.

If Mewtwo had a floating mechanic that would be a dream come true. I think he deserves it. It'd throw people off even more. Say hello to deadly floating fairs, Mewtwo edition. :150:
I mean Mewtwo kinda deserves it for his down special that doesn't work from one side so......

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
I think a teleport with no free fall like Project M would be pretty fun for mind games and stuff. I think the PM team went a little overboard with Mewtwo at first, but that was a good addition.

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I think they did Mewtwo just right.
PM Mewtwo was definitely OP, but that's basically what Mewtwo is, though, so it felt just right.

From what I can understand, some browsers tend to have problems with websites that post a lot of advertisements. The advertisements can end up slowing down your browser so much that you're forced to have to close your browser with the Task Manager application.

Premium is pretty much the key to getting the toxic advertisements out of the picture here.
Smashboards partnering with a less intrusive ad company might be a better option still, eh?

"It's a bug!"
"No it isn't you child!"

Silliest thing I've ever seen. Anyway yeah hopefully they will see the issue and make another patch anyway.

What'll happen if they don't?
If they never patch the Corrin bugs, I think Corrin will be banned from tournaments, and rightfully should be banned. Then again, if Melee and Brawl are any indication, we've allowed characters with busted-ass stuff to be used in the past before, only banning certain player actions. I'm not sure I agree with that philosophy or not. In certain Street Fighter games, busted-ass characters like Akuma just get banned instead of telling the Akuma player "you can't use your strongest options."

Bayonetta not being able to be grabbed is troubling... but only certain characters can't on certain stages. It's NOT a fair advantage at all for Bayonetta but it CAN be counterpicked in character selection, or stage selection (if you can't proficiently use a character that avoids the Z-axis issue). If the grab thing is Bayo's only issue, then she will likely be allowed... despite "I am immune to grabs" being a busted and polarizing thing.

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
He was definitely less "OP" than Melee furries and Brawl tornado and wobbling boys.
Well, yes. No argument, there.

Perhaps "OP" was a l choice of words. "Overtuned" might be better. PM Mewtwo made sense canonically, but went far beyond the usual scope of a Smash Bros character in ability. It's kind of funny, though, but Bayonetta gives me the same feeling: "This character is canonically accurate but far more complex than any other character on the roster, and as such feels out of place at times."

Furret24

Smash Master
Well, yes. No argument, there.

Perhaps "OP" was a l choice of words. "Overtuned" might be better. PM Mewtwo made sense canonically, but went far beyond the usual scope of a Smash Bros character in ability. It's kind of funny, though, but Bayonetta gives me the same feeling: "This character is canonically accurate but far more complex than any other character on the roster, and as such feels out of place at times."
In general, most of the newcomers in this game are more complex than in previous games. Just compare the likes of :4mario:, :4dk:, :4pikachu:, :4gaw:, :4ness:, and :4bowser: to newcomers like :4bayonetta:, :4cloud:, :4shulk:, :4ryu:, :rosalina:, and :4megaman:.

:162:

Furret24

Smash Master
PM G&W feels really "different", mainly because he's top tier in that game. Have you seen the likes of uthrow and Judge in that game?

You know, a lot of characters feel "different" in that game.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225

In general, most of the newcomers in this game are more complex than in previous games. Just compare the likes of :4mario:, :4dk:, :4pikachu:, :4gaw:, :4ness:, and :4bowser: to newcomers like :4bayonetta:, :4cloud:, :4shulk:, :4ryu:, :rosalina:, and :4megaman:.

Yes. And maybe it's just me, but it seems like Bayo got more unique features than the rest. That's all.

Characters like Ryu and Shulk have a lot going on, but they are still relatively simple in design. They fit in well enough with the likes of Mario & company. To me it just seems like Bayo doesn't fit in. Besides the art style, you have witch time, the bullet arts, and the aerial combos. Most "complex" characters might have gotten one or two of those, but not all three. That's what I mean.

It's like if Sakurai put me in charge of designing Mewtwo for Smash 4. You can plainly see a sense of favoritism when you have things like Smash 4 Ganondorf being a thing, for instance. "It's just Ganondorf, so we'll just copy what we did last time." vs. "We have to be sure to accurately portray Bayonetta just like she is in her games."

I'm okay with it being this way. I've made peace with it. But I still do find it mildly irritating that she gets the nod for "definitely high tier" right out the gate while Mewtwo was released in a barely-finished state.

Furret24

Smash Master
Yes. And maybe it's just me, but it seems like Bayo got more unique features than the rest. That's all.

Characters like Ryu and Shulk have a lot going on, but they are still relatively simple in design. They fit in well enough with the likes of Mario & company. To me it just seems like Bayo doesn't fit in. Besides the art style, you have witch time, the bullet arts, and the aerial combos. Most "complex" characters might have gotten one or two of those, but not all three. That's what I mean.

It's like if Sakurai put me in charge of designing Mewtwo for Smash 4. You can plainly see a sense of favoritism when you have things like Smash 4 Ganondorf being a thing, for instance. "It's just Ganondorf, so we'll just copy what we did last time." vs. "We have to be sure to accurately portray Bayonetta just like she is in her games."

I'm okay with it being this way. I've made peace with it. But I still do find it mildly irritating that she gets the nod for "definitely high tier" right out the gate while Mewtwo was released in a barely-finished state.
Mewtwo felt rushed and incomplete back in April. He probably should've had more time put into him and been released in May or even June.

Top Bottom