• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

C3CC

Smash Lord
Omg, this is beautiful. The crowd shouting "LET'S GO RAMEN!!" got me so hyped! They should be hired to record the next Smash's crowd chants, seriously. Smash 4's are awful. I still try to understand what "Chrs, chrs, chrs" means. Then I realize they're chanting for Charizard.

Excellent game by Prince Ramen. Not only he won with one of my mains, but he also defeated none other than ZeRo (who I really dislike). This is very inspiring!

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Excellent game by Prince Ramen. Not only he won with one of my mains, but he also defeated none other than ZeRo (who I really dislike). This is very inspiring!
And what problem do you have with ZeRo, might I ask? He seems like a nice guy, and from what I've seen he's been being a good sport about all of his losses.

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Georgia has always been a slept on region. Lord Mix and Wrath only recently got good, but Reflex, Fatality, Scatt, and others have always been there.

Memphis forever lives in their shadow, I need to get down there and show them what's up.

:150:

C3CC

Smash Lord
And what problem do you have with ZeRo, might I ask? He seems like a nice guy, and from what I've seen he's been being a good sport about all of his losses.
He's too arrogant in my opinion. I am aware of his acceptance of his recent losses, but that's the least he could do. That, and I just can't respect a person who switches mains according to a tier list. Yes, he makes money out of it, but whatever. I'm not saying that it's a bad thing, it's just that I don't like it.

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
For the record, he has never switch Ed mains because of a tier list. He picked Diddy because he was good, picked up Shiek (Althoigh he actually picked her up right after apex) because Diddy couldn't cut it in certain MU's, and now he is playing Cloud because Shiek lost her advantage. He has never dropped a character because of nerfs, only added on. Plus, he stuck with Diddy through the nerfs

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I have a problem playing just 1-2 characters. Every week I might pick up a new character, kinda funny but there are so many fun characters on the roster!

Let's see...

Main: Luigi, Mewtwo
Secondaries: Marth, Bowser, WFT, ROB, Game and Watch
Lab/for fun: Kirby, Wario, Charizard, Greninja, DDD, Samus, Pac Man, Shulk, Robin (really liking Robin, most likely to be promoted go secondary)

I tend to cycle between these characters. Heck I'll play basically everyone.

Except Dark Pit.

I guess i don't really get serious cause I work on the only Sunday weekly available in my area...

Last edited:

Jexulus

Omnivore of the Year
NNID
Jexulus
3DS FC
3883-5870-2795
For the record, he has never switch Ed mains because of a tier list. He picked Diddy because he was good, picked up Shiek (Althoigh he actually picked her up right after apex) because Diddy couldn't cut it in certain MU's, and now he is playing Cloud because Shiek lost her advantage. He has never dropped a character because of nerfs, only added on. Plus, he stuck with Diddy through the nerfs
Agreed. I haven't followed ZeRo so closely as to remember every single character he's used in the game's lifetime. However, the characters he has adopted fit with the mindset that a lot of top players want from a character: consistency and safety. Post-patch Diddy Kong and Shiek are highly regarded as the most consistent characters on the roster. They have unique tools that allow them to dictate the pace of the neutral game, and have consistent (and post-patch for both of them, notably not non-interactive) ways to take stocks.

I love using Charizard as much as the next guy. But the reason why a lot of competitive players don't take him up is because it's very difficult to get consistent results. You can kill at 80% with the most glorious Bair in the game, or the other player will dance around your powerful kill options and dunk you because despite a plethora of kill moves, there aren't any widely known ways to be consistent with Charizard in every aspect.

mobilisq

Smash Ace
What kinda music does everyone like?

I was chilling with a good friend yesterday while he put the finishing touches on his latest album. He also is having some financial troubles and could really use some money right now. Please throw some cash his way, you'll get a rad bunch of tunes from it

https://beatdrop.bandcamp.com/album/superluminal

And spread the word if you like it! I'm sure some of you guys know who he is too

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Hey Sonicninja115 Sonicninja115 I asked this in the discord but I wanted to ask you specifically since you are knowledgable and a PR member in your area (I don't recall where I read that so I could be making that up in my head...).

Directly copy/pasted from Discord: "Have any of you felt like you've hit a wall with your progress? I feel like I'm stuck as a middle-class player at my scene. I can beat the lower level players easily and those around my level but then there are the few top players who just seem like gods that can't be reached. How can I get to that level?"

Do you have any advice? Have you been in this situation before you became so good?

Kami said I should take a break from the game entirely but I don't know if that is the best course of action for me.

Last edited:

Sonicninja115

Hey Sonicninja115 Sonicninja115 I asked this in the discord but I wanted to ask you specifically since you are knowledgable and a PR member in your area (I don't recall where I read that so I could be making that up in my head...).

Directly copy/pasted from Discord: "Have any of you felt like you've hit a wall with your progress? I feel like I'm stuck as a middle-class player at my scene. I can beat the lower level players easily and those around my level but then there are the few top players who just seem like gods that can't be reached. How can I get to that level?"

Do you have any advice? Have you been in this situation before you became so good?

Kami said I should take a break from the game entirely but I don't know if that is the best course of action for me.
First off, I am the best in a twentyish person friend group. This is mainly because I take the game more seriously then most of them. However, I have beaten college PR people solidly. So take it as you see it.

Secondly, taking a break from the game helps you break certain habits and can help you realize what is wrong with your play. This is a double edged sword. Although you can gain from the new look at your play, you can accomplish the same by simply critically analyzing your replays. You don't even have to look at that many to find what you might need to change. There is also a downside to taking a break, your muscle memory suffers. It is far better to analyze your own videos and keep practicing tech skill and such then it is to stop playing for a week.

Side note: While it is nice to have others analyze your play, I find it more beneficial to do it yourself. After a set online or something, ask your opponent for there thoughts on why you lost/won. Did they get ledge reads? Roll Reads? Outplay you?

Everyone hits these plateaus. Those points were you are stuck in your play. Sadly, the only way to get out is through practice and work. Try learning something new or incorporating a new combo into your playstyle. Try new things and expirement. I have found the best way to beat my own plateaus is through adding something to my game. Whether it is phasing, DJ Uair combos or PP/ mediocre LC skill. Each of these things has helped me improve. I don't know if it was just the confidence boost or something else, but they helped. Look at your gameplay, and try to find something to add.

C3CC

Smash Lord
Hey guys! I need a favor from you. You see, I'm about to start a new AlphaSapphire save file, but I have some legendary Pokémon there I don't want to lose, mostly the ones that have been distributed over the course of this year. I have Lugia, Celebi, Jirachi, two Rayquazas (a normal one and a shiny one), a Zygarde and a Diancie.

So, my request is, can any of you please do me the favor of having them for me for some time, and then return them back to me? I'd really appreciate it. I'm eager to start a new save file and I haven't because of that. Thanks!

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
New ORAS Chapter. This might be the most violent chapter in the series, as a mod, I'm not sure if I should post pics for once. At least Zinnia gets what's coming to her... :crazy:

Ruby/Sapphire/Rayquaza engage in battle with Zinnia who calls out her Noivern to distract Rayquaza. Sensing that it's Aster's former Pokemon, Rayquaza blindly chases after it allowing Zinnia to use her Salamance to "flamethrower" Ruby off. Sapphire, who in a panic regains her voice, rescues Ruby with her Tropius.

Finally alone with Rayquaza, Zinnia tries to form a bond with the dragon by revealing her actions up to this point. Rayquaza, however, is rightfully pissed off and stabs her with Dragon Tail before Hyper Beam-ing her unconscious.

A short time later, everyone regroups back inside of Meteor Falls as Zinnia wakes up, having been rescued by Latios. Mr. Stone & Steven appear with the former apologizing to Zinnia for what happened to Aster (confirming she did die when Rayquaza was originally captured with the Absorber). She refuses his apology, stating he didn't think through his actions and that warping the meteor could have accidentally sent it to another life-bearing planet. Zinnia, however, states that she was equally as reckless with her actions and breaks down in tears. Emerald is left pointing out that there's still hope left...

This chapter alone might have topped the attacks that Team Rocket has tanked in the entire anime series, which is ironic given the near end of the RS saga. I can't remember the last time this manga had blood in it. Tis just a flesh wound.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
New ORAS Chapter. This might be the most violent chapter in the series, as a mod, I'm not sure if I should post pics for once. At least Zinnia gets what's coming to her... :crazy:

Ruby/Sapphire/Rayquaza engage in battle with Zinnia who calls out her Noivern to distract Rayquaza. Sensing that it's Aster's former Pokemon, Rayquaza blindly chases after it allowing Zinnia to use her Salamance to "flamethrower" Ruby off. Sapphire, who in a panic regains her voice, rescues Ruby with her Tropius.

Finally alone with Rayquaza, Zinnia tries to form a bond with the dragon by revealing her actions up to this point. Rayquaza, however, is rightfully pissed off and stabs her with Dragon Tail before Hyper Beam-ing her unconscious.

A short time later, everyone regroups back inside of Meteor Falls as Zinnia wakes up, having been rescued by Latios. Mr. Stone & Steven appear with the former apologizing to Zinnia for what happened to Aster (confirming she did die when Rayquaza was originally captured with the Absorber). She refuses his apology, stating he didn't think through his actions and that warping the meteor could have accidentally sent it to another life-bearing planet. Zinnia, however, states that she was equally as reckless with her actions and breaks down in tears. Emerald is left pointing out that there's still hope left...

This chapter alone might have topped the attacks that Team Rocket has tanked in the entire anime series, which is ironic given the near end of the RS saga. I can't remember the last time this manga had blood in it. Tis just a flesh wound.
That is wild. Zinnia must be a much darker version in the manga than who she is in the games.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Finally got around to watching that death battle with Shadow and Mewtwo. Didn't mind the result but I felt Shadow could've won had he done a lethal blow during Chaos control.
In other, less spoilery news. Haven't been playing much Mewtwo or Smash in general. My cousin went on vacation and FG is hard to enjoy. What little I have played has mostly been Kirby, MK and Robin focused. M2 is still one of my best characters but I wanna work on my Kirby more atm. And I would help ya C3CC but I gave all of my copies of gen VI Pokemon away.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Pretty sure you can only use eShop cards in the region that your 3DS is set to.

That is wild. Zinnia must be a much darker version in the manga than who she is in the games.
Never really liked her in the game aside from her theme song myself. The logic of "destroying the world to save it" isn't terribly sound, especially with how the RS climax is in the manga.

She comes off as more of a villain rather than an anti-hero here as she's a lot more forceful/arrogant and has no issue with killing people.

Sonicninja115

Made a M2 MU list with SB's new list thingy!
http://smashboards.com/tiers/#4,10,32.M2 MU#31.60:40#9.55:45#14,41,47,7.50:50#49,36,51,30,53,40,45.45:55#58,6,44,27,1,52,29,38,43.40:60#4,22,28,10,24,56,50,26,8,42,54,17,35,20,16,23,37,55.Why are you losing#48,15,57,18,39,5,46,13,3,21,19,11,25,2,12.10,1,1,1,1,1,1

Cancel that, it's being weird with the link...

Last edited:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
I really should read the pokemon adventures manga. I read the Electric Tale of Pikachu until the end of the Kanto League and it was pretty good. I also feel that the pokemon world in the manga is far more logical (well, as logical as a world filled with monsters can be) than those of the anime and games. Examples; bad guys ordering their pokemon to attack people as well (they are supposed to play dirty after all), pokemon trainers getting their hands dirty at times, people/pokemon bleeding, getting severely injured or even dying as it should be when you get slashed/zapped/burned/slammed/crushed (yeah, I know the anime is directed towards kids but it really bothers me how much punishment humans and other pokemon can take without suffering any lasting damage, TR are basically immortal), etc.

Last edited:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
So you know how I just said I was in a rut? I don't know how but I just 3rd at my weekly. Thats better than I've ever done by far.

I hope I can keep this up. My mewtwo play was on point other than a few of my habits I need to work out.

Guys who I thought were gods to me got 2-0'd. I hope this wasn't a fluke...

Sonicninja115

I kinda disagree Sonicninja115 Sonicninja115

here is my MU Chart:
View attachment 111885

The Diddy MU is weird. Although we can get some good edge-guards, he completely destroys us on-stage and we are even off. To add on to it, we cannot use Banana nearly as well as he can. Just not a fun MU.

The reason I think we win the ZSS MU is pretty simple. We get comboed pretty hard, but that doesn't matter in this MU. I regularly play against my brothers ZSS, and other ZSSi online. Her reliance on jumping and stunning projectiles is crippling. I am not saying that she relies on paralyzer, just that Mewtwo really negates it's use because of it's speed and risk/reward ratio if the ZSS is hit. Also, top player sets align with this in the form of Aba beating Marss and Blue beating Nairo set 1. They had a lot of good combos that almost got them the match/set, but in the end there aggressive nature was their downfall, as they got punished for a weird option. Basically, the ZSS meta right now is counterpicked by Mewtwo. If the ZSSi adapt to Mewtwo, then it could swing in her favor.

Fox and Metaknight are easy to see. Fox is like diddy kong but without the banana and a worse recovery.

Why did you decide to put ganondorf there? Was it an accident? Against heavies, Mewtwo will get bodied if the Mewtwo doesn't play it safe. Remember that Ganondorf has horrible frame data, and a recovery as well. His only upside is kill power. The problem with that is Ganondorf has to hit Mewtwo to kill him. Properly played, Mewtwo can simply play a bait and punish game. The same reasoning applies to DK and, to a lesser extent, R.O.B. The ROB MU really relies on experience, knowledge of traps and options etc. However, I did really struggle against DK. Until I started Fairing him. Phase-Fair Dtilt mix-ups are crazy good against him. Chain 5 fairs in a row. The only downside in this MU is kill power, as he has his grab. That is why on my list, DK is given numbers, and most other SHW aren't.

eeeehhhhh.... Looking at the rest of the list I am assuming you are using personal observation mixed with Discord? No offense, but I just cannot agree with some of those positions. Sorry if this came off as aggressive. Very rarely am I actually trying to be aggressive. Usually, I am just talking and end up sounding like a smart-***.

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
The Diddy MU is weird. Although we can get some good edge-guards, he completely destroys us on-stage and we are even off. To add on to it, we cannot use Banana nearly as well as he can. Just not a fun MU.

The reason I think we win the ZSS MU is pretty simple. We get comboed pretty hard, but that doesn't matter in this MU. I regularly play against my brothers ZSS, and other ZSSi online. Her reliance on jumping and stunning projectiles is crippling. I am not saying that she relies on paralyzer, just that Mewtwo really negates it's use because of it's speed and risk/reward ratio if the ZSS is hit. Also, top player sets align with this in the form of Aba beating Marss and Blue beating Nairo set 1. They had a lot of good combos that almost got them the match/set, but in the end there aggressive nature was their downfall, as they got punished for a weird option. Basically, the ZSS meta right now is counterpicked by Mewtwo. If the ZSSi adapt to Mewtwo, then it could swing in her favor.

Fox and Metaknight are easy to see. Fox is like diddy kong but without the banana and a worse recovery.

Why did you decide to put ganondorf there? Was it an accident? Against heavies, Mewtwo will get bodied if the Mewtwo doesn't play it safe. Remember that Ganondorf has horrible frame data, and a recovery as well. His only upside is kill power. The problem with that is Ganondorf has to hit Mewtwo to kill him. Properly played, Mewtwo can simply play a bait and punish game. The same reasoning applies to DK and, to a lesser extent, R.O.B. The ROB MU really relies on experience, knowledge of traps and options etc. However, I did really struggle against DK. Until I started Fairing him. Phase-Fair Dtilt mix-ups are crazy good against him. Chain 5 fairs in a row. The only downside in this MU is kill power, as he has his grab. That is why on my list, DK is given numbers, and most other SHW aren't.

eeeehhhhh.... Looking at the rest of the list I am assuming you are using personal observation mixed with Discord? No offense, but I just cannot agree with some of those positions. Sorry if this came off as aggressive. Very rarely am I actually trying to be aggressive. Usually, I am just talking and end up sounding like a smart-***.
What positions are bad?

(and pls dont' compare me to discord)

Sonicninja115

What positions are bad?

(and pls dont' compare me to discord)

Mainly Marcina, Jiggs and Dr. Mario. While Marth isn't a fun MU, he isn't at an advantage. Too many factors are against him, and his strengths don't overcome his weaknesses. Even though he has tipper, which is his greatest upside in this MU, he is still extremely easily gimped, even by trades. To add on to this, he usually needs to jump in order to play neutral, and jump at SH Fair distance. This is an extremely bad weakness to have vs. Mewtwo, as he can easily punish it. This combined with unsafe aerials, even when spaced in some cases, makes it difficult for Marth to win. However, it is still 50:50 or slight disadvantage.

Otherwise, Jigglypuff and Dr. Mario simply don't have the kit to compete with M2. I can expound more if you want, as it does go deeper then that.

What is up with the Icarus crew? Pits can be understood, but I don't get Palutena. She has her reflector, but it is not nearly good enough to handle SB. Otherwise, she has few options vs. Mewtwo. The thing about low tiers, is that they seem great against your character, until you learn their major weakness. Sometimes, they are just worse. The same applied to Mewtwo pre-patch. He was just worse then a fairly large portion of the cast.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
What about the Samus matchup? That seems like it is a bit difficult for Mewtwo, I played a good Samus the other day and it gave me hell. And I'm not talking about your run of the hill CS spamming Samus but a good one, the kind that knows her tools and takes advantage of her combo game.

Last edited:

420quickscoper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3952-7274-7735
I can't tell whether this is a tier list or an MU chart for Mewtwo.
Because you put a majority of low tiers as an advantage for M2 and a majority of top tiers as slightly beating Mewtwo.

Last edited:
Top Bottom