• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I've been playing a ton of Pokken lately. I can't stop.
I'm definitely a Shadow Mewtwo main. It's so fun to play as him, with his three different forms of Psywave and Reflect, and how quickly he can got into synergy burst mode. Not to mention the armor on Psystrike and his ability to effectively fight at any range.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Since Mewtwo is considered to be in the top 10 now, I decided to make this.
image.jpeg

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Made it to loser's semis last night using almost exclusively Mewtwo.

I should have made it further but I SD'd in the 5th match and it was too much to bring it back.

Is Greninja considered a rough match-up? I played a good one and after a single friendly he put me in loser's with no difficulty.

iVoltage

$5.99 Abuser
Made it to loser's semis last night using almost exclusively Mewtwo.

I should have made it further but I SD'd in the 5th match and it was too much to bring it back.

Is Greninja considered a rough match-up? I played a good one and after a single friendly he put me in loser's with no difficulty.
I've played copters greninja and I think it's pretty even as long as you don't try to stay in the air. Dtilt is good against him.

Sonicninja115 Sonicninja115 please share this setup, I need a reason to learn the infinite lol

Last edited:

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
I've played copters greninja and I think it's pretty even as long as you don't try to stay in the air. Dtilt is good against him.

Sonicninja115 Sonicninja115 please share this setup, I need a reason to learn the infinite lol
Tuesday. I need to learn it better. Plus, I still suck at the infinite.

D

Deleted member

What other Mewtwos were at Mexico Saga?

Also, I got another question. Any chance Mew^2 is going to CEO?

Sonicninja115

What other Mewtwos were at Mexico Saga?

Also, I got another question. Any chance Mew^2 is going to CEO?
None as far as I can tell.

I am pretty sure he is going only Pokken... I haven't seen him at any Shockwave in at least a month. And if he did, he didn't top 8...

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
New ORAS chapter came out, and it's kind of confusing.

Rayquaza and the Primals team up to stop a small meteorite but are barely able to hold it off with their combined powers. To make matters worse, Archie/Maxie's bodies start to disintegrate (revealing that they are indeed the same characters from RS).

They reveal that after they died, their souls wound up in the Distortion World and merged as one/had epiphanies turning them into anti-heroes. When Giratina was reborn during HGSS and it opened a portal, the two heard the worried cries of Groudon/Kyogre regarding the meteor and were somehow able to come back to life briefly and learned how to use Mega Evolution while staying in the Kanto Region (how?).

With them now permadead again, the Primals are hit with the shattered remains of the small meteorite and faint. Ruby/Sapphire quickly realize that they're going to have to learn how to Mega Evolve Rayquaza using the Jade Orb to stop the big meteorite. Zinnia appears again, however, and is not happy the two beat her to befriending Rayquaza.

Their backstory is kind of confusing, though their souls being taken to Sendoff Spring due to the armor they got from Team Galactic is a decent theory I've heard. The titans being able to lift an entire city into the sky during the RS arc but not being able to stop a small meteorite in their super forms plus Rayquaza's help is a big letdown. Hopefully the revised official volume chapters will be a bit more thought out, which sadly probably won't happen until 2020 given Volume 53 still isn't out.

Sonicninja115

I'm definitely gonna have to try that one out. However, I can't seem to do the infinite. Do I need the GCN controller to pull that one off?
Nope. Just a Jump and a Special button. However, the timing is strict and you need to do it really fast. (Infinite)

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
My laptop got stolen yesterday.

Guess I won't get to finish that Pokemon Crystal walkthrough . . . .

:150:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I was making heat maps for Mewtwo's attacks but I probably won't be able to finish them, since I have know idea when if ever I will get my laptop.

Example: http://m.imgur.com/a/tHdXK

Any of you guys want to do it?

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
My uncle had bought me a brand new laptop to replace the one that was stolen! This one is actually better than the one I had before, I'm thankful for him.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I don't pay attention to these death battle things but the first thing that comes to mind is 'does Mewtwo have a means of dealing with Chaos Control?' Being forced into slow motion sounds like an easy way to lose, assuming Shadow were to get access to that power.

iVoltage

$5.99 Abuser
I don't pay attention to these death battle things but the first thing that comes to mind is 'does Mewtwo have a means of dealing with Chaos Control?' Being forced into slow motion sounds like an easy way to lose, assuming Shadow were to get access to that power.
They usually take one trait and make it the reason they lose so i wouldnt be surprised.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Mewtwo can learn Future Sight and Trick Room through a TM (also Miracle Eye). Shadow himself has fallen to mind control multiple times as well.

Of course, Shadow's Chaos attacks could count as Dark type and pack more power than normal, not to mention we don't know if Super Shadow would be allowed.

They usually take one trait and make it the reason they lose so i wouldnt be surprised.
More or less why not to get too invested in these. I think most matches are agreeable, but some are stretches due to time/energy and or poor research. Best just to roll your eyes when you disagree with them, and just enjoy the energy and the fighter backstories.

Unfortunately research will probably be the big thing for Mewtwo, and from what I've heard neither creator of the show (or Screwattack as a whole) is a fan of the Pokemon series and one of them is a diehard Sonic fan (not that I believe in their bias, but being knowledgeable can be a big factor).

*Fighting Darkrai & multiple Genesects to a standstill
*Surviving/having a good enough healing factor to survive being stabbed twice through the chest/heart
*Surviving a free fall from outer space
*Cutting a skyscraper in half with no effort
*Manipulating the weather itself
*Smart enough to rebuild a lab and create an army of clones
*Memory Manipulation/Brainwashing on a large scale
*Warping an entire mountain-side valley underground

Ignoring that Freeza Death Ball attack from Mega Mewtwo X in Pokken. :laugh:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
They will probably use Super Shadow in order to put him on "equal" grounds with one of Mewtwo's Mega forms.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
That's intersting. I guessed Silver since he has psychic abilities but Shadow is still interesting.

I hope a pokemon wins a death battle for once. The FFA does not count.
I 100% agree.

But knowing ScrewAttack, they'll make Shadow win to make the Sonic fanboys happy, it's the only reason why they brought him back.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Learning advanced tech with Mewtwo is so frustrating. I keep looking at the guide and it says DJ cancel is "easy" and I'm struggling to do it consistently...its so irritating.

Question for the Mewtwos who can: do you specifically focus on one new tech at a time and try to get it down or do you rotate and try to learn a few at a time in short increments?

I'm thinking about doing rotations until I get the ones I'm focused on now to help ease my frustration.

EDIT: I want to point out that it is the Footstool DJC Disable that is challenging. Inputing a special after the input for a double jump is not.....please do not think I'm complete trash. :108:

Last edited:

Sonicninja115

Learning advanced tech with Mewtwo is so frustrating. I keep looking at the guide and it says DJ cancel is "easy" and I'm struggling to do it consistently...its so irritating.

Question for the Mewtwos who can: do you specifically focus on one new tech at a time and try to get it down or do you rotate and try to learn a few at a time in short increments?

I'm thinking about doing rotations until I get the ones I'm focused on now to help ease my frustration.

EDIT: I want to point out that it is the Footstool DJC Disable that is challenging. Inputing a special after the input for a double jump is not.....please do not think I'm complete trash. :108:
DJCSB (Double Jump Cancel Shadowball) is easy. DJCD is harder on account of the input being extremely strict out of Footstool. So, clarification, the guide is referring to DJCSB. Now, on a harder tech scale, DJC is extremely easy to learn. So, it I refer to DJCD as easy in my guide, please tell me so I can fix it. Also, I am currently updating the tech section. Completely. New format and everything.

Now, to learn techs you usually want to focus on 2 or 3 all at the same time. I learned MALLC, MFBR and PP all at the same time.The reason I was able to do this is simple, they all relied on different muscles. Thus, I was able to practice all 3 without stressing one muscle too much. Make sure that you aren't trying to learn the infinite and DJC at the same time. Learn DJC, spend two or even three weeks of 15 minute practice, and then you should be extremely good at DJC and, in theory, should be able to get the infinite within a month of 4-5 times a week practice. I am meaning pull it off in a match easily level of mastery.

So, try to learn DJC, Foxtrot/FD and something like LC all at the same time. You can also focus on combos. Never forget that some combos are just as hard or even harder to pull off then advanced techs, and need a lot of practice.

Personally, I am working on LLG, Nair combos and DD. LLG proficiency is nonexistent as of now, but DD and Nair combos are really coming along.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
DJCSB (Double Jump Cancel Shadowball) is easy. DJCD is harder on account of the input being extremely strict out of Footstool. So, clarification, the guide is referring to DJCSB. Now, on a harder tech scale, DJC is extremely easy to learn. So, it I refer to DJCD as easy in my guide, please tell me so I can fix it. Also, I am currently updating the tech section. Completely. New format and everything.

Now, to learn techs you usually want to focus on 2 or 3 all at the same time. I learned MALLC, MFBR and PP all at the same time.The reason I was able to do this is simple, they all relied on different muscles. Thus, I was able to practice all 3 without stressing one muscle too much. Make sure that you aren't trying to learn the infinite and DJC at the same time. Learn DJC, spend two or even three weeks of 15 minute practice, and then you should be extremely good at DJC and, in theory, should be able to get the infinite within a month of 4-5 times a week practice. I am meaning pull it off in a match easily level of mastery.

So, try to learn DJC, Foxtrot/FD and something like LC all at the same time. You can also focus on combos. Never forget that some combos are just as hard or even harder to pull off then advanced techs, and need a lot of practice.

Personally, I am working on LLG, Nair combos and DD. LLG proficiency is nonexistent as of now, but DD and Nair combos are really coming along.
Yeah, your guide is fantastic. I thought about leaving an actual review earlier but I decided against it since most have said what I wanted to anyway. I will point out that I saw two typos that I could look for again if you want.

I'm working on getting PP and LC down along with DJCD. I definately need to work on my combo game as well. I mainly go for the basic d-tilt stuff. I need to work on utilizing falling up-air more along with jab locks but one step at a time.

I appreciate the response!

Sonicninja115

Yeah, your guide is fantastic. I thought about leaving an actual review earlier but I decided against it since most have said what I wanted to anyway. I will point out that I saw two typos that I could look for again if you want.

I'm working on getting PP and LC down along with DJCD. I definately need to work on my combo game as well. I mainly go for the basic d-tilt stuff. I need to work on utilizing falling up-air more along with jab locks but one step at a time.

I appreciate the response!
Reviews are nice as they give credit to the guide. The more reviews it has, 4 star and up, the better the guide is seen by the general community. If you do write a review, please give an honest opinion and make sure to mark down for slights. Even if it something like depth or a topic you think should be covered.

No need to find there exact place, but do you know what section they are in?

I will always respond unless I don't feel qualified to answer. The point of my guide is to help people get better, even if they don't play Mewtwo. It would be silly for my viewpoint on other SB stuff to be different. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions and I watch the Q&A thread so I always see the questions that come up.

Last edited:
Top Bottom