• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
I do have a shiny event Giratina (as well as Dialga and Palkia). But IMHO, he's the only one who looks better as a shiney. So I'm not fussed about restarting for others.

And I absolutely despise hacking and RNG abuse.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I don't like RNG abuse, but I'll let it pass when it's for competitive pokemon. Breeding for good IVs is such an infuriaiting, mind-numbing, time-consuming pain in the rear, but you have to do it if you want to stay on even grounds with everyone else.
Even in XY, I use a flawless Ditto that was RNGed in gen 4 to minimize time wasted, but it's still a real pain.

I don't believe in RNGed shiny pokemon, however. The only thing that makes shiny pokemon as valuable as they are is their rarity, and abusing the RNG detracts from that.

I just really wish Gamefreak made an easy way to get your hands on competitive Pokemon. They've certainly made it easier, but it's still such a pain.

Last edited:

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
I've always hated how IV breeding works in game, it's far too similar to pedigree breeding IRL and that stuff is f**king sickening.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Mewtwo in Fire Red was the first Pokemon I actually trained to level 100, and it was long before I cared about natures and IVs. Other than that, I used the rare candy glitch in Red when I was little.

Someone traded me a Pokegened shiny Mewtwo. I wish I could encounter a legit one. The only legit shiny legendaries I found randomly are Giratina from the Arceus event in Heart Gold and Azelf while soft resetting for IVs in Omega Ruby. Funny how my random legit shinies are all from remakes. Otherwise I don't bother resetting for shiny as I'm already too worried about trying to get the right nature and IVs...

I RNG'd legendaries in B/W, but not B2W2 because those were more difficult to figure out. Even then, it was only so I don't waste time for IVs. I didn't RNG for shiny status as I feel that would ruin the point of shiny.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
If Nintendo pulls some sort of April Fool's joke, I swear to Arceus I'mma flip a table...
+1 Points for the Arceus reference, haha.

Okay so they obviously publicly acknowledged the fact that the registration deadline is almost up. Cool. So that means they should also know that as soon as the 31st comes around, people will be asking questions and would need at least teasers if not a release date (or an actual release, though I'm not holding my breath for that one) which means anytime between now and two weeks from now we'll be getting something. Crossing my fingers. (Edit: Oops just realized others have come to the same conclusion.)

And e-hugs to all you guys here in the Mewtwo forums! It's nice to see a consistent, enjoyable community here for the past 2-ish years.

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klDfJ2Yb7wc

Guys !!!!

I just hope it is the right translation and not a troll, can someone that know some japanese can confirm that please please please?
I want to believe this so bad, but I know he could've easily just slapped subtitles on there and called it a day.

Still, I'm really anxious for a confirmation/deconfirmation. Anyone?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I hope that's the actual translation.
Just need to look out for an announcement

thebadlamp

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thebadlamp2
3DS FC
0963-0296-0917
I hope that's real.

Here's my guess for the direct
Thursday 26th of March.
Shows off Yoshi's Wooly World, Splatoon, Mario Maker, small bit of Zelda U and Xenoblade X.
Near the end of the direct they annouce that Mewtwo codes will be sent out on the 31st as well as the Miiverse stage, tourney mode and the ability to buy Mewtwo in mid April.

Banette

Smash Cadet
Hi all, I normally don't post, but just needed to let y'all know that the translation in the video is legit... Source: me - Japanese is my major :ohwell:

Last edited:

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
My Japanese isn't advanced, but I know enough of it to also say it's correct. :)

Edit: Just spoke to my Japanese friend at work, and she watched the video, it's all correct :D

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klDfJ2Yb7wc

Guys !!!!

I just hope it is the right translation and not a troll, can someone that know some japanese can confirm that please please please?
At 0:10 he said mewtwo no question about that. So definatly talking about mewtwo

And guys why is it hard to believe its the translation? (I mean i know it could be misprinted a little)

I mean woulden't be suprised if mewtwo was realeased pretty soon.

Banette

Smash Cadet
For those who want to judge for themselves, you should be able to dstinguish the following: "mou kekkou" (up to par already), "yotei douri ni, haishin sareru (yotei desu no de)" (release according to plan), and as a bonus "sorosoro" (momentarily), from Sakurai's words. To check my translations, feel free to enter the seperate Japanese words I typed out for you in an online dictionary as you see fit.

Last edited:

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
Alright Doods, lets see what the next couple of weeks have instore about Mewtwo.

Anyone hoping that he might be released before the cut off date for registration?

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
For those who want to judge for themselves, you should be able to dstinguish the following: "mou kekkou" (up to par already), "yotei douri ni, haishin sareru (yotei desu no de)" (release according to plan), and as a bonus "sorosoro" (momentarily), from Sakurai's words. To check my translations, feel free to enter the seperate Japanese words I typed out for you in an online dictionary as you see fit.
Mewtwo is so close to release! I'm so excited!
Alright Doods, lets see what the next couple of weeks have instore about Mewtwo.

Anyone hoping that he might be released before the cut off date for registration?
I'm really hoping so. I doubt it, but it's not outside the realm of possibility.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I made a picture for this occasion.
I feel as if now's the time to show it. :b
ALL ABOARD.png

All aboard das Hype Train.
No stops here! :b
If you notice that sad-looking Pit on the passenger seat
That was intentional
:b

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I get the feeling Sakurai will surprise us somehow. What if there's another character alongside Mewtwo?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Not good at listening translations myself, but he said "dekimasu" which means: to be completed, be ready, be built.

99% sure this is accurate, but I tagged Venus in the thread for this to double check.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I get the feeling Sakurai will surprise us somehow. What if there's another character alongside Mewtwo?
Its plausable. but theres something else thats more likely.

Im 95% sure that, the miiverse stage plus tournament mode online/offline might be release on the next update along with mewtwo

Top Bottom