• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
This really brings me back to like, the old tekkens with how it had hidden characters like Armored King. There better be P. Pikachu that's just Pikachu with a lot of bulky and mechanical things grafted to it.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
So, who else is happy that we got a Lucha Libre lady instead of our Fair Lady? Saku─ I mean, the Tekken people team really nailed it in the head this time.... they gave us exactly what we were asking for!
Anyway, it is at least very interesting that they chose a female Pika for the duty.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
We aren't going to start ******** about "clones" in Pokken too, aren't we? The complaints for the Smash ones are already overblown enough so that would be unnecessary drama.

Besides, what's so bad about Lucha Chu?

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
We aren't going to start ******** about "clones" in Pokken too, aren't we? The complaints for the Smash ones are already overblown enough so that would be unnecessary drama.

People are whining how Hawlucha can't happen despite the fact Tekken has multiple wrestlers. People aren't even upset about Pikachu Libre being a clone as that's pretty much false, humans are trash who like whining about **** for the sake of whining. Case and point: Tumblr

Igzex

This isn't even all we got anyway. This is a 2015 fighting game we're not going to have only 10 characters and no bosses...Right?

Igzex

Starting with Tekken 3 they did...Wait I think I figured something out. GON'S GONNA BE IN POKKEN!!

Last edited:

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Tekken is known for its share of clones but minus a select few most are completely different characters (P. Jack, Alex, Panda, ect) and the latter two started out as alts (I don't think they became separate till Tag 2). From a visual standpoint Smash 4 clones and Luchu are just the same character with a different look (Lucina is literally just Marth with a cooch)

Plus Pokken allready has a small number of characters from the start and we don't even know how many more characters will get in seeing how the Tekken team is still working on 7 and Harada still wants TekkenXStreet Fighter to be a thing.

With so many pokemon that have the potential to be in people have a reason to be pissed off for having a clone in this game, let alone a clone of a Pokemon who shouldn't have been in this game in the first place. I don't care if only took a day to make her seeing how we have to wait for moths till we get a new character revealed for Pokken.

I honestly don't care about clones anymore cause after seeing this, I've accepted that it's basically a law for fighting games to have a clone of their posterboy. Still it was really ******** for them to even say that this is a "New Pokemon reveal".

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
In need to see more gameplay before writing Libre off as a clone, to which regardless I can't help but ask, "Where Hawlucha?"

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Tekken is known for its share of clones but minus a select few most are completely different characters (P. Jack, Alex, Panda, ect) and the latter two started out as alts (I don't think they became separate till Tag 2). From a visual standpoint Smash 4 clones and Luchu are just the same character with a different look (Lucina is literally just Marth with a cooch)
Harada still wants TekkenXStreet Fighter to be a thing.

With so many pokemon that have the potential to be in people have a reason to be pissed off for having a clone in this game, let alone a clone of a Pokemon who shouldn't have been in this game in the first place. I don't care if only took a day to make her seeing how we have to wait for moths till we get a new character revealed for Pokken.

I honestly don't care about clones anymore cause after seeing this, I've accepted that it's basically a law for fighting games to have a clone of their posterboy. Still it was really ******** for them to even say that this is a "New Pokemon reveal".
Dude. LIBRE. ISN'T. A SODDING CLONE! You compared the Smash 4 clones who literally only look different to a character that plays differently. 'TekkenXSF' was already done iirc. 'a pokemon who shouldn't have been in the game' YES BECAUSE THE MOST POPULAR POKEMON EVER SHOULDN'T BE IN A POKEMON GAME.

Igzex

Well there's one brave fighting game that breaks the clone law

none other than the perfect fighting game of course.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Actually, here's why I firmly believe Libre will be unique.
Pikachu uses Heihachi's stance and plays a bit like him according to people who played Pokken
Libre's pose is the same as some wrestler in Tekken who plays differently than Heihachi. She literally won't have the same moveset

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Dude. LIBRE. ISN'T. A SODDING CLONE! You compared the Smash 4 clones who literally only look different to a character that plays differently. 'TekkenXSF' was already done iirc. 'a pokemon who shouldn't have been in the game' YES BECAUSE THE MOST POPULAR POKEMON EVER SHOULDN'T BE IN A POKEMON GAME.
1. So she isn't a clone? That's great so even more time was put in to make this character unique over other original pokemon getting in. We are getting more pokemon but from it looks like this game is going to have a small roster in comparison to even Street fighter V

2. Glorified alt costumes. Nuff said

3. No that was Street fighter X Tekken, which uses SF style gameplay. TXS is still on hiatus and not cancelled from what I've heard.

4. Ok. But does this also mean that every posterboy should have a doppleganger getting in their multiplayer game over fan favorites. MK8 had the glory of having not one but two clones of Mario and Peach while Diddy and Bowser Jr bit the dust.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
1. So she isn't a clone? That's great so even more time was put in to make this character unique over other original pokemon getting in. We are getting more pokemon but from it looks like this game is going to have a small roster in comparison to even Street fighter V

2. Glorified alt costumes. Buff said

3. No that was Street fighter X Tekken, which uses SF style gameplay. TXS is still on hiatus and not cancelled from what I've heard.

4. Ok. But does this also mean that every posterboy should have a doppleganger getting in their multiplayer game over fan favorites. MK8 had the glory of having not one but two clones of Mario and Peach while Diddy and Bowser Jr bit the dust.
If you think that Hawlucha should have been this, then remember, Tekken has had multiple unique wrestlers, this game is possibly going to have Hawlucha if they decide to make a second wrestler. SFV and Pokken don't have fully revealed rosters. Sequels are bound to happen. DLC is a possibility

That's the Sm4sh clone, not Libre

Easy mistake to make then

Comparing a fighter and a racing game? Bad X825. Go to your room. Especially as these posterboys are some of the most wellknown gaming characters period

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
As long as Greninja and Mewtwo get in as playable fighters, I don't care what they do with the rest of the Pokken roster. Hell, just include Jigglypuff too even though she's not exactly a popular Pokemon anymore outside of Smash.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
As long as Greninja and Mewtwo get in as playable fighters, I don't care what they do with the rest of the Pokken roster. Hell, just include Jigglypuff too even though she's not exactly a popular Pokemon anymore outside of Smash.
I'm not too certain on these characters, but I personally would love to see the likes of Kingler and Aggron

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
If you think that Hawlucha should have been this, then remember, Tekken has had multiple unique wrestlers, this game is possibly going to have Hawlucha if they decide to make a second wrestler. SFV and Pokken don't have fully revealed rosters. Sequels are bound to happen. DLC is a possibility

Comparing a fighter and a racing game? Bad X825. Go to your room. Especially as these posterboys are some of the most wellknown gaming characters period
By this logic we should be expecting Hitmonlee and Hitmochan too along with Hawlucha since we already have characters who use kicking and punching as their main specialty.

How hard is it to make a character in a game which all you need to do is put an already existing character model on a car and done! No need to douse Mario and Peach in metal liquid or have them be furries.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord

I don't even know the moveset of Luchachu to call it a clone, I am definitively not complaining about "clones".... but putting two Pokémon of the same species instead of using their time to create one of another species.... yeah, I am not exactly fine with that.

Last edited:

cstonic

NNID
spindashupair
3DS FC
3711-8023-0131
Switch FC
SW-5972-4790-7111
Same! I want Breloom too. Feel he'd fit in amazingly

Mewtwo pls be in

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
By this logic we should be expecting Hitmonlee and Hitmochan too along with Hawlucha since we already have characters who use kicking and punching as their main specialty.

How hard is it to make a character in a game which all you need to do is put an already existing character model on a car and done! No need to douse Mario and Peach in metal liquid or have them be furries.
Er...No. That's not how it works. I said 'Wrestling fighters are unique in Tekken', therefore, we can have multiple wrestlers. The Hitmon Duo have punches and kicks as their specialty, yes, but who does so far? Blaziken is a bit of both and Machamp is the 'slow and bulky fighter' from what I saw. Hitmonlee is literally a glass cannon. It's not about how they fight, it's how you can make a fighting style

Racing games don't need that much effort, not to mention characters aren't the focus in racing games

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'm just surprised that Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan aren't in the game yet. Seems like a no-brainer. I mean, hell, I noticed Pikachu uses some of Heihachi's moves (seems strange to a Tekken fan) so why can't Hitmonchan use Steve Fox's and Hitmonlee use Marshall Law's?

Igzex

I bet you people would hate Tekken because the vast majority of the cast are all of the human species give or take a dinosaur or two, a robot, demons, a wooden doll, an android, animals, and a nature spirit.

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
I bet you people would hate Tekken because the vast majority of the cast are all of the human species give or take a dinosaur or two, a robot, demons, a wooden doll, an android, animals, and a nature spirit.
Except in tekken all the characters function properly.

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
I know, but with this and Pkiachu being the only high teir pokemon in smash (again), it has officialy become my most hated pokemon. But yea who cares about Raichu and Hawlucha right?

Also theres a tradmark rumor going around that Pokken will have amiibo functionality, so I guess theres a good chance of Mewtwo, Greninja, and Jiggs being in.
I'm PRETTY friggin sure Greninja and Lucario are also high tier in Smash. As for Pokken having Mewtwo, Greninja, and Jigglypuff...well that should be a given. They absolutely SHOULD be in, as their general fight style has been shown in smash, so replicating moves for the characters shouldn't be as difficult as creating a whole new character. Plus, they were all picked for smash for a reason. On to the roster, it looked like there were 4 spots remaining on the arcade version:
pokken.jpg

(just add spots for the other 5 characters: Gengar, Charizard, Pikachu Libre, Blaziken, and Weaville, leaves you with 4 open spots). Whether we will get more than just 14 Pokemon for the Wii U, I'm unsure, how many could we possibly get? As for bosses, I feel those would be characters that would be, humorously, too big to be playable. This looks like a for sure game to pick up either way though.
Edit:
(Lucina is literally just Marth with a cooch)
Glorified alt costumes. Nuff said
ಠ_ಠ Oh wonderful, one of THOSE kind of people. Feels great to come back to the nostalgic Mewtwo thread and see this of all things. It's..."enlightening" to say the least.
Except in tekken all the characters function properly.
Kinda early to attack a game before it's really been polished, or been made available for multiple people to play isn't it?
Good lord, how bitter has this thread grown in my absence? Last I was here, we were all mostly on the same page, and optimistic for Mewtwo's return. Is it because people say Mewtwo is low tier (Even though he's mid tier at the least)? Are we literally going to make people's views make us sour? Last I checked, that wasn't what this thread was about.

Last edited:

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Pikachu Libre? Odd choice but I really don't care. I just want Mewtwo... Mewtwo not being confirmed yet is killing me.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
That's why I love Tekken minus the cheap juggle play style that the newer games enforce in order to play the game right. Also hate the new characters in 7 (yes Im a Lucky Chole hater, big whoop want to fight about it?)

I love The new Killer instinct game cause most of its cast are not human, having things from a Skeleton, robots, and a werewolf, to crazy stuff like cyborg raptors, an energy demon, a rock/steel golem, and a psycho Japanese ghost girl.

Sucks that it's only on Xbox One.

Last edited:

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
That's why I love Tekken minus the cheap juggle play style that the newer games enforce in order to play the game right. Also hate the new characters in 7 (yes Im a Lucky Chole hater, big whoop want to fight about it?)

I love The new Killer instinct game cause most of its cast are not human, having things from a Skeleton, robots, and a werewolf, to crazy stuff like cyborg raptors, an energy demon, a rock/steel golem, and a psycho Japanese ghost girl.

Sucks that it's only on Xbox One.
I don't play nor do I follow Killer Instinct, but I googled some of the characters you listed and the characters look sick. It's amazing how diverse and interesting the cast of characters are. Riptor, Hisako, Aganos, and Sabrewulf are my favorites based on what I saw.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I don't play nor do I follow Killer Instinct, but I googled some of the characters you listed and the characters look sick. It's amazing how diverse and interesting the cast of characters are. Riptor, Hisako, Aganos, and Sabrewulf are my favorites based on what I saw.
Not to mention there's Rash from ****ing Battletoads coming next year. Holy ****.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
some self-adverticement, but I just completed one machinima of mine 'w' just to keep this thread alive
I'm PRETTY friggin sure Greninja and Lucario are also high tier in Smash. As for Pokken having Mewtwo, Greninja, and Jigglypuff...well that should be a given. They absolutely SHOULD be in, as their general fight style has been shown in smash, so replicating moves for the characters shouldn't be as difficult as creating a whole new character. Plus, they were all picked for smash for a reason. On to the roster, it looked like there were 4 spots remaining on the arcade version:
View attachment 69484
(just add spots for the other 5 characters: Gengar, Charizard, Pikachu Libre, Blaziken, and Weaville, leaves you with 4 open spots). Whether we will get more than just 14 Pokemon for the Wii U, I'm unsure, how many could we possibly get? As for bosses, I feel those would be characters that would be, humorously, too big to be playable. This looks like a for sure game to pick up either way though.

a better pic of the current roster

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
not gonna lie, but I am so hype for Pokken!
StylesX2 uploaded videos of his Mewtwo play. (How do you embed YouTube videos on here?)

http://youtu.be/yyOk99uf4e0

http://youtu.be/z7Gw2ELOyyE

Thoughts? He plays a lot more aggressively than I do. I rely more on Shadow Ball punishes and keeping my distance, and he seems to be more aggro and combo heavy.
thats basically how I play aswell like StylesX2 does! aggresively pressuring

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
StylesX2 uploaded videos of his Mewtwo play. (How do you embed YouTube videos on here?)

http://youtu.be/yyOk99uf4e0

http://youtu.be/z7Gw2ELOyyE

Thoughts? He plays a lot more aggressively than I do. I rely more on Shadow Ball punishes and keeping my distance, and he seems to be more aggro and combo heavy.
FG scrubs and a montage video of opponents not doing anything isn't all that impressive. The tactics the Mewtwo player used is pretty good but a Shadow Chase into Bair can easily be Airdodged and many just didn't do that.

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
I'm tempted to drop down to 2 mains. At this point in time, I main Lucina, Mewtwo, Meta Knight, and Lucario/Greninja (can't necessarily decide between those 2). Lucina is staying, but I'm trying to think of another character who covers some of her weaknesses I suppose. Basically, someone who can go toe to toe with the likes of Sheik and ZSS. I'm unsure if Mewtwo fits that bill, and don't know where he truly is on the tier list, but nonetheless, I feel he'll be a good secondary if anything. (That's IF I decide to drop down to 2 mains, as I like playing all of the mentioned characters).

RayNoire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RayNoire
I'm tempted to drop down to 2 mains. At this point in time, I main Lucina, Mewtwo, Meta Knight, and Lucario/Greninja (can't necessarily decide between those 2). Lucina is staying, but I'm trying to think of another character who covers some of her weaknesses I suppose. Basically, someone who can go toe to toe with the likes of Sheik and ZSS. I'm unsure if Mewtwo fits that bill, and don't know where he truly is on the tier list, but nonetheless, I feel he'll be a good secondary if anything. (That's IF I decide to drop down to 2 mains, as I like playing all of the mentioned characters).
Well Sheik beats Mewtwo somewhat hard, and Zamus likely does as well. From a competitive standpoint, Meta Knight might cover those matchups the best.

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
Mewtwo does not do well in those MU's or else he would be top tier on account of being the only character to have a good MU against Shiek. Other then that Mewtwo is probably in the bottom twenty in the game, bottom of mid-tier at best. Mewtwo is a largely unexplored character that will hopefully bloom in the future if his metagame keeps progressing.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
some self-adverticement, but I just completed one machinima of mine 'w' just to keep this thread alive

a better pic of the current roster
That was pretty entertaining to watch. And props for using music from Return to Dreamland, one of the best games of the planet.

And also, OMG!!! Team Fourstar, the people who created the DBZ Abridged series, is doing a Final Fantasy VII abridged series called Final Fantasy VII: Machinabridged. Here is the trailer:

I'm pretty hyped for this, their staff is very talented in voice acting, comedy, video editing and writing. I recommend to check out their work in DBZ Abridged.

Igzex

Last night was great. Instead of wondering why our fair lady has such laggy normals I was wondering why the beam sword gets as long as half the stage when she uses it. No wonder Sakurai says real men use items :3c

Top Bottom