• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

**** Spoilers...**** UK Wii's running on PAL

xXx_KidIcarus_xXx

Smash Apprentice
Ok, now, i actually want toknow all the characters that will be starring in Brawl, but i really don't want to know the SSE plot, and though March 9th may sound a long time to avoid spoilers, imagine being in the UK with me!!! :'( this sucks, i have to avpid a tonne of websites for absolutley ages, and we STILL don't have an official release date...all i'm going to do is turn on the PC, go on the dojo, find out the daily update as usual, the just turn off my PC and be bored the rest of the night XD does anyone sle here share my dilemma? - the living in UK dilemma, aswell as the 'avoiding spoilers for so long i have a better chance of evading night-time' dilemma...

courte

Smash Lord
oh i thought there'd be actual spoilers... in an anti-spoiler room... unforgiveable

UMR | donmk

RIP PM
I know exactly what you mean, I'm in australia so i will have to wait another week on top of what europe waits (Dont ask why, its just a thing that nintendo does) .

Even though a week isnt much compared to the actual PAL release wait, we still always get everything last.

I think nintendo hates PAL.

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
I actually feel the same as you i hate being left over by nintendo how long do we have to wait until we actually play the game and find out for ourselves than a website telling us.

Zelda92

Smash Cadet
I hate it too. Why does Nintendo hate us?
Metroid Prime 3 was a pain in the arse. :(

UMR | donmk

RIP PM
I hate it too. Why does Nintendo hate us?
Metroid Prime 3 was a pain in the arse. :(
Well, i just dug up a few of the NTSC and PAL release dates.First, Metroid Prime 3

North Amaerica: August 27, 2007
Europe: October 26, 2007
Australia: November 8, 2007
Japan: March 6, 2008

That one there is only 2 months, which is pretty good when compared to other games like smash bros melee.
Japan November 21, 2001
North America December 3, 2001
Europe May 24, 2002
AustraliaMay 31, 2002

So if these dates are anything to go by, us PAL gamers may have to wait until August until we get brawl. However, there are more people working on brawl, which is a plus, but then again, brawl has more data to translate so anythings possible really.

Althalus89

Smash Cadet
Well as u say it could be that we might have to w8 until August. On the swedish nintendo website for example there are games that are shown to be released during the 2:nd quarter of this year yet Brawl is still undated...It's terrible.
The worst part of all is that I don't even like dubbing games cause I like playing with the original japanese voices and simply have some subtitles like in Soul Caliber 2 or Naruto Clash of Ninja Eropean version.
It's way much better and it certainly doesn't take the same amount of time searching for voice actors that suck(my opinion no offense) or making time to have them record their lines and put it into the game.

ZäP

Smash Apprentice
*hand raise*
Yup, it really makes me angry, waiting around like six or more months to get hands on brawl(well. atleast those don't import). PAL areas are such nice place to live that it , makes me cry.
Well, the Finnish Nintendo website only gives year 2008, which is more than horrible.
I've always wondered why on earth every freaking game needs to localisized(sp?) in europe why won't blain english do? I'm not trying to offend anyone, but I'm still asking.

xXx_KidIcarus_xXx

Smash Apprentice
I know we'll be waiting a while, but i dob't think it will be as long as the wait for melee, i think sakurai will realise how big his fan-base in europe is, and i'm hoping that he will try and speed it up *fingers crossed*

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Sakurai said:
However, Smash won’t come out in North America for a bit, and sadly, Europe has an even longer wait until the game is released.
Well sadly Sakurai, we f****** knew it.

dodoromeo

Smash Apprentice
hehe u think u got problems? I live in Australia, so we'll get it craploads later than UK.... Now if you'll excuse me, Im going to go and cry.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
you should have imported a wii knowing that pal versions take so long. For a little extra effort you have the game before anyone else in your country. My bud bought a japanese wii just to get brawl earlier.

Jacobcc

Smash Journeyman
Ok, now, i actually want toknow all the characters that will be starring in Brawl, but i really don't want to know the SSE plot, and though March 9th may sound a long time to avoid spoilers, imagine being in the UK with me!!! :'( this sucks, i have to avpid a tonne of websites for absolutley ages, and we STILL don't have an official release date...all i'm going to do is turn on the PC, go on the dojo, find out the daily update as usual, the just turn off my PC and be bored the rest of the night XD does anyone sle here share my dilemma? - the living in UK dilemma, aswell as the 'avoiding spoilers for so long i have a better chance of evading night-time' dilemma...
I know exactly how you feel, allthough spoilers don't annoy me that much, it just makes me look forward to things ALOT more. Why just tonight i peeked on the dojo to find out the secret they have added!!! (trust me. If you have not seen it..well, your in for a treat. I know i was!!).. :chuckle:

AerionTOFAST4U

Smash Apprentice

I FEEL YOU MATE :'( I live in Norway......cant they just end our missery and just give us a release date before I go insane?? >_< :mad:

Lynkx

Smash Journeyman
Sadly, I know all the characters... which I shouldn't have done. That goes to the people who haven't seen them yet, DON'T SEARCH FOR THE ROSTER! You'll feel better when you get surprised.

At least we'll be getting it in or near the Summer. All those days off school... or work for some people. Just as long as it's not AFTER the Summer.

After Summer = School

School = Exams

Exams + Brawl = Not good

lex.aut

Smash Apprentice
the problem is that we got every smash brothers games 6 months after america. so my guess is september.
antoher possibility is to chip your wii and import (*caugh* or download *caugh*) the game - it DOES work on chipped PAL wiis.

yogho

Smash Apprentice
The only light in this dark dark pit of endless darkness is that NoE accidently placed a release date on theire website: June the first 2008.

Wich was taken away in less then half an hour.

I wonder why theire so mysterious about our release date.

xXx_KidIcarus_xXx

Smash Apprentice
I personally think it WILL come earlier, because of teh HGE fan-base in Europe, i think that we will get it about May/June, or if we're REALLY lucky, April, but that's almost definitely not gonna happen...my friend has a chipped Wii so i'm gonna download it and play at his house ^^ and try and steal his wii.... XD

Top Bottom