• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SPOILERS!!!-For those who ONLY want the roster and NOT SSE Spoilers...-NOW WITH VIDEO

dude984

Smash Cadet
You have been warned....if you want only the PLAYABLE ROSTER...this is the place to stop.
CAUTION: READ AT YOUR OWN RISK...
This is the FINAL roster...
NOTE: All videos DO NOT lead to Subspace Emissary...so no worries...
-Mario
-Luigi
http://youtube.com/watch?v=8Fz_D0aPfDU (final smash)
-Peach
-Bowser
-Donkey Kong
-Diddy Kong
-Link
-Toon Link
http://youtube.com/watch?v=OALDN5Aodng (classic gameplay with another character/stage spoiler)
-Zelda/Shiek
-Ganondorf
http://youtube.com/watch?v=6cNl0PljSB8 (gameplay and final smash)
-Samus/Zero-Suit Samus
-Yoshi
-Kirby
-Meta Knight
-King Dedede
-Fox
-Falco
http://youtube.com/watch?v=SBpBrpf2khI (gameplay)
-Wolf
-Pikachu
-Jigglypuff
-Pokémon Trainer (Squirtle/Ivysaur/Charizard)
-Lucario
http://youtube.com/watch?v=VZh2oWZacm4 (gameplay)
-Captain Falcon
http://youtube.com/watch?v=SmvzYlIz4ms (final smash)
-Ness
-Lucas
-Ice Climbers
-Pit
-Marth
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ehxL4VGAdGk (final smash)
-Ike
-Mr. Game & Watch
-Wario
-Pikmin and Olimar
-R.O.B.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=fLpB_lpmLgY (gameplay)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=sh7cSaESnZM (event match w/ Game & Watch)
-Snake
-Sonic

For those of you who want a picture of the roster, here is the image. Thanks Zevox!
http://ranobe.com/up/src/up254176.jpg

Essentially...the 35 roster looks to be true. If you want more proof this is true, then I'd have to show pics of Subspace Emissary...which I choose NOT to do. If you want SSE, wait for the game or go to the other rooms. I will NOT spoil SSE for you.

If you're curious of more pics...go to the rest of the internet. Have fun...

Later...

-Dude984

Indignant

Smash Journeyman
Thanks...someone needed to do this...the internet is inundated with pics...I've already seen FAR more than I wanted to...kinda...and I have seriously seen less than 10 pics! It's difficult to sift through the SSE stuff for the simple character lists. Thank you!

Yitsul

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yitsul
3DS FC
2105-8677-5210
Switch FC
5599 8083 2114
earlier today I'd thought I shoul AVOID BOTh the roster and SSE but SSE is more serious than the roster and should be a surprise, I Hope Theres More to SSE than I've seen...

Super-dude

Smash Cadet
hey, can you pm me a pic of each of the characters?
like, the unlockables

i wanna see the proof before anything

thegreatace

Smash Cadet
is it only me, or does all this information kinda make ya feel sick inside, not that youv'e been cheated..(beause we havent) but just the fact that we know so much now.... makes me sad, Like I let sakuri down in a way...

dude984

Smash Cadet
is it only me, or does all this information kinda make ya feel sick inside, not that youv'e been cheated..(beause we havent) but just the fact that we know so much now.... makes me sad, Like I let sakuri down in a way...
well...it was bound to get out...

I just feel bad because now I have to wait over a month to play with all this...oh well...

Poor Sakurai...feel bad for him...

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Well of course he is in the SSE. He is an enemy. But if you mean as a character than PM the pic to me please.
There was a pic of him as player 1 in SSE, and also on the character select screen, and I think there were some videos of his gameplay.

bobwaffles

Smash Apprentice
I'm dissapointed with the roster, but I'll get over it. I still can't believe they left Ganondorf as a clone. It would be great if there was no "Congratulations" message after unlocking the 35th character, possibly Wolf, and there would be more characters, but I won't get my hopes up.

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
Wow, The roster could have been alot better..oh well. I mean,where's Krystal and Ridley?

Famous

Smash Champion
I'm somewhat dissapointed. I was expecting to see more characters from the Sonic series or characters from Golden Sun...Hopefully this isn't the final roster... I also want to see more 3rd party characters

Arean

Smash Ace
ridley is in the game alright... not as a playable though.... but still there.....

SurooshX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SurooshX
I for one am EXTREMELY disappointed and pissed off. And most of that anger isn't from this NIGHTMARE, clone roster. It's because I hyped myself for almost a year for a great, original roster, and now...

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
...uh.
Can anyone confirm this? Or is he just messing with us? :\
He's telling the truth, though
he's not completely a clone I think, all of the "clones" seem to be more like Luigified Clones from what I've seen so far.

This is a direct link to two pictures, the first one is a congratulations screen on Brawl, and the second one is the full Character Roster, including a Character not included in the first post, as they hadn't been unlocked yet.

Only read the first post, as I cannot assure that the rest of the thread is spoiler free. So only read the first post.

And for those of you who don't want to click that picture, but want to know who the other Character was, it's:

Wolf

Zevox

Smash Lord
...uh.
Can anyone confirm this? Or is he just messing with us? :\
Hes not messing with you.

Whats more,
Wolf
has been confirmed.
He, too, is a Fox clone. Yes, right down to the Landmaster, even though he never uses one in the actual games.
Wolf and Falco in Landmasters:
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e152/bdcool187/1201606927591.jpg
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u60/FallenAngelVeronica/wolf2.jpg
The final character select screen:
http://ranobe.com/up/src/up254176.jpg

Worse, they're not the only clones. Videos show Toon Link is a complete clone of Link (boomerang is non-gale, but thats the only significant difference spotted), Ness and Lucas are Luigified clones (mostly different standard attacks, Ness still has PK flash instead of PK freeze, but several similar standard attacks and all 3 other specials and their FSes are the same), and Ganondorf still has Captain Falcon's standard moves (good news there is that his up-B has been seen to be different, and his other specials are unconfirmed, so he might just have some new moves there).

Zevox

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
I HIGHLY doubt that's the final Roster. I recall Sakurai saying most of the characters would be unlocked through the Subspace Emissary. MOST! To me that means there are other characters to unlock through other means.

And think about it. The Final Roster? Already? Don't you think it would take a bit, you know, LONGER to get the FINAL roster? Really...

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
I HIGHLY doubt that's the final Roster. I recall Sakurai saying most of the characters would be unlocked through the Subspace Emissary. MOST! To me that means there are other characters to unlock through other means.

And think about it. The Final Roster? Already? Don't you think it would take a bit, you know, LONGER to get the FINAL roster? Really...
That is the Final Roster. There's videos of it on YouTube and everything, information is flying about all over the place, there are hundreds of pictures and loads and loads of videos.

Even that first picture in my link I showed you:

The first pic translates roughly to "At last, every character has become usable! From this point onwards, it is the true battle!"
I've unlocked all the Melee Characters, except for Mewtwo and MR.G&W, withing 2 hours and 27 minutes according to my data. So that's all of the Melee Characters within 5-8 hours.

Seeing as though they've already had this game for a day or two, It's not surprising that they've unlocked every Character already.

Velnior

Smash Rookie
Clones again?

I think they did a great job overall with the wide assortment of characters and stages, but I'm also disappointed that they decided to make some characters clones of others... Why did they have to add Wolf (a Fox clone) instead of Krystal (not a clone, and another female)? Also why did they have to throw in WW Link instead of a highly requested non-clone like Ridley or Geno??

Ekul

Smash Journeyman
Initially I was dissappointed about no ridley, no Krystal and no Mewtwo. I mean, Metroid is a longer series than Star fox, but gets less reps? And no villain? But now that there's no tension over the roster, I can wait for the game with half the anxiety.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
That is the Final Roster. There's videos of it on YouTube and everything, information is flying about all over the place, there are hundreds of pictures and loads and loads of videos.
They showed videos of A roster, but it might not be the FINAL one.

dude984

Smash Cadet
that's the CONFIRMED roster....the "COMPLETE ROSTER" screenshot was shown after unlocking Wolf...that's it...

BLARG!

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion

Does anyone have Nintendo's e-mail? No. Mailing address? Or better yet, Sakurai's? I am seriously dissappointed with this. SERIOUSLY dissappointed.

The story mode, the Events, Wi-Fi, all that extra stuff, none of that matters to me anymore.

The characters were what I was really looking forward to. And just... 35...

E-maill address! I need it NOW!!!

Wyvernkni

Smash Cadet
Meh, so their WAS a "prophet" that was not debunked? Darn. Well, anyway...

I was correct in believing that Ridley, Takamaru, and Sukapon were not happening...
But it was too much wishing for Isaac and Micaiah (Isaac I thought would almost certainly be in... but wow.) Heck, I thought ROB was completely out of it also, but what do you know, it's right there....
And Clones!? In that Number!?!?

I wish for Downloadable content, but that doesn't sound even the slightest bit likely. Too bad. Well, at least the gameplay is probably good. (Gotta avoid all those SSE spoilers >.<)

Star105

Smash Journeyman
Meh, so their WAS a "prophet" that was not debunked? Darn. Well, anyway...

I was correct in believing that Ridley, Takamaru, and Sukapon were not happening...
But it was too much wishing for Isaac and Micaiah (Isaac I thought would almost certainly be in... but wow.) Heck, I thought ROB was completely out of it also, but what do you know, it's right there....
And Clones!? In that Number!?!?

I wish for Downloadable content, but that doesn't sound even the slightest bit likely. Too bad. Well, at least the gameplay is probably good. (Gotta avoid all those SSE spoilers >.<)
i know but unfortunately those clones by the looks of it were very popular so it guarenteed their return

interesting roster though......................

actually i don't mind clones that much but they could have gotten more vared move sets

MFZ95

Smash Journeyman
i can't see why Sakurai has put clones into SSBB,but i don't see Ganondorf going all ''HYAAH'' and doing a slower falcon punch yet.I am dissapointed BUT!,this is not accually the ROSTER!,it is real and those characters are in,but with a few missing,some are unlocked in Suspace emissary!AHA!and just wait until a few days you will see the official,great,never changing,forever roster.The one shown is from a bootleg version,which is not original,Nintendo has something up their sleeves all right,they cant just keep 33 characters in a game where everyone wanted more, i mean....ROB?i saw gameplay videos and such but ROB??HE GETS TO BE IN BRAWL?well Game and watch was a nintendo WTF character in melee,so is ROB but how on earth did the players unlock all the characters in the early morning the day before brawl has released,i mean the reason i logged on the net today because it was January 30! not 31!so i was like,hey 1 day until brawl is released,lets just go to net!there wont be spoilers cuz the game aint out yet and then i found a strange video said ''Luigi Super smash bros. brawl target test'' then i clicked it and suddenly it showed me the roster,my heart beated senselessly.**** IT! i mean it has to be a yucky roster,i mean all that waiting,this makes me feel that Nintendo should put an additional delay and put some more characters!thats when i feel it is right to delay Brawl!DELAY THE GAME FOR MORE CHARACTERS!It would be worth it.

kc09

Smash Rookie
i think it's complete bull****, almost anyone can easily photoshop that, not me, but alot can! & ROB? i won't believe it can't believe it & clones? & duplicate final smashes? i don't belive taht either, they worked to hard to double things up everything should b unique & who nose if falco is really in it i woodn't doubt he has a different move set from fox, & why the hell wood it say "new!" next to wolf? i just think tahts stupid & like MFZ95 sed, the games not even out yet, how the hell do u unlock the entire roster of characters the day b 4 the agme comes out?! RIDDLE ME THIS BATMAN! ...riddle me this

Top Bottom