• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

spike dosent work all the time.

deviljin545

Smash Cadet
i need someone to tell me what this is. ok when i play normally i spike people and they die most of the time, but there is that 1 chance where they recover from it can someone explain it. is it because they are to low in percentage or im hitting it wrong?

Dolla Pills

Smash Ace
I'm guessing one of these things are happening:

1- you are hitting them with a meteor and not a spike, and your opponent can meteor cancel it and recover but you don't play against very good people so they don't do it most of the time.
2- you are hitting them with a spike but they are at low percent so they get out of stun with enough time to recover.
3- you are hitting them with a move like Fox down air which doesn't leave the opponent in much stun, so they can recover but you aren't used to them reacting fast enough.

Last edited:

GenNyan

Smash Ace
4- You are trying to spike with Marth's down air and you're using the wrong hitbox (Spacing it wrong).

tauKhan

Smash Lord
3- you are hitting them with a move like Fox down air which is a semi spike but doesn't leave the opponent in much stun, so they can recover but you aren't used to them reacting fast enough.
Out of curiosity, what is a "semi spike"? Foxes dair has the exact same angle as falcos, so calling that semi spike doesn't make sense to me.

Dolla Pills

Smash Ace
Out of curiosity, what is a "semi spike"? Foxes dair has the exact same angle as falcos, so calling that semi spike doesn't make sense to me.
Oh I was going to say something about semi spikes but then realized I don't know what that means either but I forgot to delete that part. I fixed it though

Last edited:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Never seen that list before. To me the only real semi spikes are Ganon and pikachu's uairs, with fox's shine being an honorable mention.

tauKhan

Smash Lord
LMAO reading that "definition" and also the list which both lacks like a million hitboxes that would fit the criteria there, and also contains many moves that shouldn't be in there. My point was that I dislike using the term since it's so subjective and it seems to be used very ambiguosly.

-ACE- -ACE-

I would agree with those being semi spikes. However it seems weird to specify just a few moves, since there are a ton of other hitboxes which send at the exact same angle (0°).

Top Bottom