• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Special Smash (Not New) 3DS XL : US possibly leaked via ad // UK/Australia Preorders Open

Are you going to get it?

• Don't have a 3DS yet, so Yes!

Votes: 7 7.6%
  • I already have a 3DS, but yes anyways!

Votes: 26 28.3%
  • I already have a 3DS, so no.

Votes: 58 63.0%
  • I'm not getting Smash for 3DS.

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters

pichupal

Smash Apprentice
NNID
pichupower
3DS FC
1997-0164-7116
Update: Pre-order link for Australia listed, Walmart flier information for US posted

Tweeted out by Nintendo of Europe. This seems like a good idea for anyone considering to buy a 3DS for Smash.

Europe (I actually live in Canada, so I might be slow updating this for other regions in Europe)
UK:
Currently avaliable for preorder on Nintendo's Site for the UK.
The cost of the bundle is £209.99.

Also available are bundles with Smash shirts included for no extra cost, including bundles for just the shirt and game, so I assume supplies may be limited. (Game by itself is £39.99).

edit: Preorder from UK chain GAME. I'll keep my eye out for Australia and other EU regions as well. Note that the shirt is a Nintendo store exclusive, as far as I can tell.

Edit2: EB Games has preorders open for Australia.

North America

To summarize, if accurate:
  • This is not the "New" 3DS XL, but a 3DS XL. People who eventually want to update might not want to grab this one.
  • This design comes in blue and red, unlike Europe which just has the red option.
  • It will be released September 19th (2 weeks before the release of the game) and because of that, will obviously not be coming with the game bundled.

Japan/Asia
Nothing yet, although you'll be getting a New 3DSLL Smash edition soon. I would guess anyone this applies to could find links better then me.

Frequently(?) Asked Questions
  • Will the Smash Bros game be digital or physical?
Like most game bundles, the Smash Bros game will be digital. You also may need to re-download the game when doing a system transfer from an older 3DS.

• Nice shirt! A lot simpler design too. Do I need to get the 3DS to get it?
You do not need to order the 3DS bundle, but you can also order just the game and still get the shirt. The shirt is currently only available with pre-orders at the Nintendo UK Store, for no extra cost, but supplies may be limited so grab your size!

• I can't help it... I want to import to Canada/US!
If you are importing, do remember that the 3DS is region locked. Europe doesn't have too many game exclusives (unless Inazuma Eleven and Nintendo Pocket Football Club are system sellers for you) so keep that in mind. Purchasing from the eShop is possible with foreign credit cards as far as I know. Please wait to see if this is announced in your region first though.

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
OH MY GOD I NEED THIS I NEED THIS

I DONT HAVE AN XL IM SELLING MY 3DS SCREW OMEGA RUBY ALPHA SAPPHIRE AND I DONT NEED WII U VERSION I NEED THIS

OH MY GOD ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!?!?!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IM CANCELLING EVERYTHING SMASH 3DS IS MY DRUG

chrisall76

Smash Apprentice
NNID
chrisall76
3DS FC
2921-9185-8763
Well I just got a XL last Christmas, let's see if I can trade it in for enough for this lol

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
I... I may have to sell my 3DS XL for this...

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
if in the unlikely event america dont get it, can you just buy the europe 3ds?

Heefe

Smash Apprentice
Got two 3DS XL already, so no. Also I don't really like this one, would have been better with just the Smash-logo on it.

Amherst

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wavedash
3DS FC
3239-2573-2753
Have an XL already, but I'm debating getting this and giving my old one to a bud. Would be surprised if this didn't make its way to the US.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Looks nice. ALBW XL is better (best), though.

I'm good.

Mega Hawlucha

Smash Apprentice
I needed an XL, this is as good a reason as any to pick one up.

But Alpha Sapphire and Civ: Beyond Earth :(

MrGameandBalls

Smash Apprentice
HOLY CRAP
THE HYPE iS REAL
Too bad I already have an XL. I hope I can trade mine for that one.

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
If I didn't already have a special edition TLoZ: A Link Between Worlds 3DS XL, I'd get this in a heartbeat. :p

LucaSmash

Smash Cadet
Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo hyped for this. It will be my 4th 3DS :) When do you think it will be announced/pre-orderable in Gamestop in the US? I need to pre-order ASAP!

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Oh yeah.............! I knew it! This keeps gonig in my mind for quite a while and now it's true! I'm gonna buy it if it comes to US or Japan!

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
It looks really good, but I already have a 3DS XL, so nope.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
At first when I saw it I said "Woah, thats freakin' cool. Wait, no its not." The black and white looks kinda "meh"

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
Yep, don't need it. Got my XL cheaper anyways & since I prefer physical copys, I'll might be able to get one days before the official release. Red-Black is also quite fancy and fitting to Smash :estatic:

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'm thinking about whether or not to get this, especially since my current XL seems to have some technical issues and I have been considering replacing it..... I guess I'll see....

I've been hoping to see a Smash 3DS XL bundle though.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
........God damn it, I want it.

I wouldn't even be that tempted if it weren't for the fact that this is probably the only time Nintendo will plaster Rosalina's mug on something in my region, if at all.

I was already considering upgrading to an XL but now I really am considering it.

SupermanNKO

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4570-8405-1628
do i wanna give up my 2ds for this is the question...... i love the way the 2ds feels in my hands and how the triggers and button lay out is. but this, this is just beautiful. decisions decisions, really comes down to comfort and ease over size and beauty

SPAddict

Smash Rookie
I think im the only one a little disappointed by the design...not sure what I was expecting but it doesnt feel it has the same OMG factor that ALBW limited edition had...

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Update: Currently Europe only. Shirt available from UK Nintendo Store. Will update with other regions as information is available.

Tweeted out by Nintendo of Europe. This seems like a good idea for anyone considering to buy a 3DS for Smash.

Europe (I actually live in Canada, so I might be slow updating this for other regions in Europe)
UK:
Currently avaliable for preorder on Nintendo's Site for the UK.
The cost of the bundle is £209.99.

Also available are bundles with Smash shirts included for no extra cost, including bundles for just the shirt and game, so I assume supplies may be limited. (Game by itself is £39.99).

North America
Nothing yet...

Japan/Asia
Nothing yet...
AND YOU DIDN'T BOTHER TO POST THIS IN MY PREORDER THREAD?!?!?!

Still awesome.

Petrichor

Smash Apprentice
come to Australia my pretty
That would be more convenient, but we can just get the European one anyway. In terms of games, Europe and Australia are considered the same region.

But yeah, I'm definitely looking at getting this. I've been thinking of upgrading to an XL for a while now, and this is the perfect opportunity to do it.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
For anyone that's purchased a Limited Edition XL of another game - does the box for them come with an excerpt of information from the source game's regular backside of their box?

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I have the XY Red Limited Edition 3DS, but god, this looks good...I might sell it on eBay to buy this beauty.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Been holding off buying a 2DS in anticipation of this.
Never before have I been against region locking.
Hopefully this comes to the states too!

EDIT: Although I'll probably regret it, I'm gonna stick to the 2DS...

Does the bundle include the game? I already preordered smash3ds at smashfest so I don't need a 2nd copy of it. How much does a 3DS XL normally cost in Europe? The price £209 seems extremely low if it includes a shirt and a game. I mean the 3DSXL in 'muricah costs $199.99

EDIT 2: Okay so apparently the $200 price for a 3DS XL in America translates to £128, which means that we can get a 3DS XL and a game for the same price of a regular 3DS in the UK (£150). Its great to live in a country where games are so much cheaper, but $200 is still way too much...especially because taxes in Texas raise the price to $220. I mean a 2DS is only $130 ($146 with taxes), and I could buy the game for $40.
I'd have to see the price of the bundle in America to make a decision... my poor wallet.

Last edited:

Phoenixian_Majesty

Smash Rookie
That art work looks amazing. I love my Zelda 3DS - I really do, and I won't be getting rid of it..... But, the temptation to get this beauty is so damn high. Its much more dynamic than just about any other 3DS.

Mach5Mike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mach5Mike
The console itself looks cool, but it seems that the actual game is the digital copy; it's convenient, but I really want to buy a physical copy. If there was a bundle that came with the physical game, then I'd be sold (assuming this comes to the states). This announcement does give me some hope that there will be another Wii U bundle will be released that has the game (physical please!) console, Gamecube controller and the adapter; I would buy that in a heartbeat!

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I already have the X and Y limited edition XL. I also love it more then this. With that said, this 3ds XL looks amazing and if I didn't upgrade before, this was when I would. Oh well.

Those shirts are good enough though. Good thing I'm already pre-ordering the game. <3

Top Bottom