• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spear Pillar[WTF?]

blazefox

Smash Journeyman
Route 209 FTW.

Dialga and Palkia, Diamond wild battle, and Team Galaxy are also pretty sweet

I guess it all falls in the matter of opinion.

Also I don't care how big of a pkmn fan I am, any stage that directly aims to kill you is a sorry stage in my book. If you're going to enter any stage of death at least have some visual warnings in the stage. I don't want to be totally rockin in Allstar mode and suddenly die because stupid Dialga jumps from the back of the stage to purposelly kill me.
Omfg I hated that. Specially when I was goin through on Intense -_-

Amarkov

Smash Apprentice
The stage is awesome. Completely broken of course, but who doesn't love a stage that is actively trying to make you die?

Lord Aether

Smash Apprentice
Seriously, have you even played Spear Pillar before?
Yeah I have, and I don't understand how it does that. It's not like it's hyrule temple, because it's easier to go down due to its not being an obscurely shaped stage. Dumbing it down made it just as questionable because I don't understand how it does that; why not go into more detail as opposed to dumbing it down?

(I'm advocating that if it's not too much of a hassle to restart a match, that dialga is the only viable one as far as tournaments should go, for the record).

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Yeah I have, and I don't understand how it does that. It's not like it's hyrule temple, because it's easier to go down due to its not being an obscurely shaped stage. Dumbing it down made it just as questionable because I don't understand how it does that; why not go into more detail as opposed to dumbing it down?

(I'm advocating that if it's not too much of a hassle to restart a match, that dialga is the only viable one as far as tournaments should go, for the record).
You're tempting me to make a video of me and my friend having a match on Spear Pillar. One where I shoot him once with Falco and proceed to run around in such a way that he can never hit me. Maybe then what should be painfully obvious will be apparent to you.

Exia 00

Smash Champion
the stage should be banned.
the stage designers never thought
of making a good stage from a good series
such as metroid either :(

Lord Aether

Smash Apprentice
He didn't mention one shot KO obstacles. He was referring to a victory by stalling I do think.

If Pirate Ship ends up being a counterpick then I'd think this should be a counterpick too...

fkacyan

Smash Hero
He didn't mention one shot KO obstacles. He was referring to a victory by stalling I do think.

If Pirate Ship ends up being a counterpick then I'd think this should be a counterpick too...
Pirate Ship is also banned. One of the easiest stages to camp on, bar none. All you have to do is hit them and jump in the water.

Mista Sinista

Smash Lord
Lol I love how the Pokemon just peace out and have a smoke break once in a while. I was just playing here and Dialga slows everything down then leaves haha. It felt like half an hour before the speed went back to normal.

blazefox

Smash Journeyman
Here I was thinking it was a counterpick. Which is why I was arguing Spear Pillar as a counterpick.
I don't see Pirate Ship as a random stage, but counterpick doesn't sound bad. It's not like Spear Pillar at least where theres constant stage kills. Only thing that really has KO potential is the bomb tower that appears rarely. If Pirate ships gonna be banned, then we should have banned pokefrigginfloat from melee.

Lord Aether

Smash Apprentice
yeah I find it easy to get kills in the water in pirate ship, but I've seen some matches played on Pship... in fact same with Spear Pillar.

Oh, but actually -- those were during brawl's early days I think, so my mind's still at that time.

Top Bottom