• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spacing and Singing Out of Shield

gotpho4me

Smash Rookie
I've been reading through the guides and searching the threads of this forum, and everyone emphasizes how important it is to maintain "proper spacing" with jigglypuff and her aerials. What is the proper spacing exactly? Do I just barely hit the enemy with BAIR or FAIR?

Also, would Up + B while shielding after blocking an attack let me put people to sleep while they're still lagging? Or will sing stay unviable nonetheless.

im2emo4myshrt

Smash Apprentice
Well with the Up + B out of shield, unless they are at a decently high percentage, you won't be able to utilize them being asleep very well. You might, and I stress might, be able to catch someone because it would be so unexpected, but you are 99% of the time better off just doing a normal attack.

Now for spacing, it basically means control the pace of the game. Stay away from combos and focus on timing your bairs just right so that you can get inside of their attack, then back away again. If you let a fast character control the pace Jiggly will never keep up, so you need to space yourself and slow the game down. I hope that helps.

pdk

Smash Lord
only for super-duper laggy attacks i'd imagine

and spacing with puff seems to usually mean keeping yourself at a position where you can move in through the air with bair/fair then back out again after they hit

Soma

Smash Journeyman
Out of a shield, it would be more helpful to jc up-smash instead of sing. But, even then an aerial attack would be a better choice in my opinion.

Spacing, basically keep out of the range, I always think of Marth matches when I think of spacing. Marth job is to keep enemies around the area of his tip, to far out he can get projectile spammed, to far inside and he isn't as effective, so the trick is to keep them in that sweet spot. Same idea can be applied to Jiggs and WoP. Outside of your enemies range but enough room for you to counteract to them effectively.

Sliq

Smash Master
Sing is ONLY a good choice when you can ledge cancel it, and even then don't do it too often or you'll get pwnt. It is also good for sweet spotting the edge, but that's about it. Your better to just jump out of shield nair than do some shield cancel sing.

Edit: I didn't mean he should jump out of shield then ledge cancel a sing. I meant that sing is only useful for sweetspotting and for being trixxie on the ledge.

Ame$

Smash Apprentice
One thing : You space your aerials correctly if the opponent can´t shieldgrab you .

ah and don´t use sing out of shield o.O try nair

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Try using a ledge to cancel your sing if you realy want to use it... that's about the only way I've found to make it work.

Top Bottom