• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoVa Presents! - Toasty & BlackG Present: Short Notice Tourney!!! (Brawl) 1/10/09

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
Tourney was a looot of fun and good **** for short notice :)

Video Thread - coming soon...

Doubles Results [7 Teams]: (I changed the payouts so that 3rd could at least get their money back)

1: Candy Korn (Candy & Kornnnnn~) ($42.00) ($40)
2: El Chocolate Diablo (Kadaj & Famous) ($21.00) ($20)
3: Mashi & Jwolf (Mashi & Jwolf) ($7.00) ($10)
4: Kit Cloud Kickers (toasty & Black G)
5: Muppet Show (Gonzo & ESOJ)
5: Aerial Rave (Earth & Spork)
7: Dobeee & D0N (Dobee & D0N)

Singles Results [16 Entrants]:

1: Candy ($48.00) - Snake/MK
2: Kornnnnnn ($24.00) - MK/DDD
3: Kadaj ($8.00) - Marth
4: BlackG - MK
5: MaSHi - MK???
5: ESOJ - Diddy/???
7: SK - ICs???
7: toasty - R.O.B.
9: OMG H4X - ???
9: Dobee - ZSS? Kirby?
9: Spork757 - MK
9: D0N - DK/ICs/...???
13: Earth - R.O.B./???
13: Cocm - ???
13: Ret - ???
13: Gonzo - Kirby

BossMagnet

Smash Apprentice
1. Candy
2. Kornnnnn

1+2 = Candy Kornnnnn?

-this is rx- from florida, posting on the wrong account, btw.....

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
oh wow, nevermind, i don't feel clever at all.

that was their team name...

OMG H4X

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rustytotallypwns
sweet tourney toasty! we all had a good time!

lots of ???'s on the results. i was ddd, cocm was falco, and ret was TL

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
WTF toasty 7th??? Don't lose to diddy! To his credit, Jose is pretty good though. Toasty's losses are admirable. I mean, Kornn, well he's Kornn

Speaking of, good stuff Kornn. Good stuff Candy. MD/VA fo' life

toasty

Smash Hero
Korn...oh man...I didn't have much of a chance to take his last stock since I was squandering and had high damage anyway, but I Side-B SDed...so then sad toasty realized something AFTER he chose FD..............he really sucks at camping a good DDD >_>

gahhhhh Jose completely changed his style [and improved DRASTICALLY] from when I played him at Chu's and then his house! He was ****** me in friendlies earlier that day but then a bit into the first match I caught onto some things [lol, it's what I USED to do to Diddy's and what JCz told me to do in the crew battle, but it wasn't relevant then since Jose wasn't as good then lmao....THROW THE BANANAS AWAY!] and then second match...ugh. Lost my ways a bit, came back from a big loss, and then went for a non-guaranteed kill (read: "flashy") and paid for it.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I told you toasty. Anyone who says you should try to use Diddy's bananas against him is a ******!

ESOJOSE

Smash Ace
A couple of things.
First of all, I went Diddy and DDD this tourney.
Second thanks for the love Tantalus :bee:
Third of all, Toasty, I haven't gotten that much better from last time at Chus. Id say ive only gotten a little bit better. In friendlies I recall playing you twice at my house and I don't think you can judge how good I am from 2 matches plus those 2 matches were close. Ya during tourney you switched your game around (caught me off guard:dizzy:) and started throwing my bananas off the stage:ohwell: but everytime id just whip another out;) plus I can play diddy without bananas if i have to. Either way, GOOD MATCHES!!!!! Also thanks for the pancakes and i wish I had your toilet. Next time in SOVA I plan to do better than 5th and have a different partner, Gonzo and I just dont play well together.

D0N

Smash Ace
Good games all around. El tap was great, better than I woulda ever guessed.

And I really just went DK and played ICs for one match. It didnt help though, my DDD chaingrabbing wasnt what it should have been and ESOJ beat me anyway. I probly woulda been better of not playing ICs at all

whodat

Smash Apprentice
Good **** to all the placers. Sorry I couldn't make it, but those in the loop know the reason why I wasn't there. In any case I actually hope to see you all at future tourneys.

D0N

Smash Ace
Whodat for the next one you can call me if you need to. I only live like 5-10 minutes from your house. Thats assuming i leave for a tourney from home and not from school.

toasty

Smash Hero
Jose, we played in crews too at Chu's...and also just from watching you. But mostly, from the crew battle match, maybe it was a boost in confidence that made me play the way I did and feel as comfortable as I was, which was the complete opposite of how I felt in our friendlies and then in tourney. It's more like that slight improvement in your game just spoke volumes in results because it was that little bit you didn't have before that I capitalized on when we did play...but now you've got those bases covered and it totally threw me off @_@

definitely not losing to you or any other diddy again ^_^

JCz...conflicting reports messed with me :( ninnjalink tells me not to use them against him at CH3, and then *someone reputable I can't remember* tells me someone beat that non-Diddy-main with ROB because they used the bananas against him...[haha, sorry, I really just don't feel like seeing him post some stats and nonsense we don't need to hear >_>]

Whodat: I'm definitely gonna come through more often for friendlies if you're down ^_^

I'll change the char. usage later...also, Mashi, for statistical purposes it doesn't really count if you used "_____" for 1 round in a set early in the bracket/against someone non-"good". One round usage only counts if it was like...in one of the finals rounds.

New Guys: soooo good to see new people in the scene! Esp those who don't have scrubby attitudes...and of course, you brought Melee to the tourney so I automatically <3 you :) Hope you can all make it to more events to get more experience under your belt and improve...

lastly: woooooooooooowwwwww I've been squandering sooo hard!!! Never placing below top 3 again. **** this.

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
i need to go to toasty's again. if i knew everyone was going there i would have rode to el tap with one of you guys and came back and stayed at toasty's. >-<

OMG H4X

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rustytotallypwns
woot new guys!

im planning on coming to more, but i cant make it to the melee tourney at the end of this month:ohwell:, going to england:chuckle:

Top Bottom