• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

Ether

Smash Ace
You know, funny thing is, I don't know my new address.. Lol. I'll let you all know as soon as I find out. I'm still in the process of moving.

But it's JUST after a "Welcome to Virginia Beach" sign on Shore Drive, a complex called Waterford Apartments. So I'll finally truly be a part of the Beach crew, although Norfolk had me, toasty, all of ODU and the Doug.

Who still plays Melee? I'm still exploring things in that game. And I'm getting pretty good, I think.

Titan44

Smash Apprentice
The dreamcast version is pretty much arcade perfect translation, but...it's as it's obvious it's rarer. On the other hand, the ps2 version is more plentiful ( I know at least two Game Stops in the Newport News area have a used copy) along with arcade sticks being easier to find. However, some glitches from the arcade version were fixed in this version (although nothing you'd have to worry about in actual play) and there is a weird issue with the sound at times.

If it's just for practice, I'd say go for the PS2 version honestly.

As for the DC problem...sorry, can't help you there.
....in no way, shape, or form is the DC version of MvC2 more rare than the PS2 version. The PS2 version was released in very limited quantities, hence it being more than 2x as expensive as the DC version online. Moreover, DC's are super easy to pirate games for (you usually don't even need mod chips or anything, just burn the iso to a disc), so it'd definitely be the cheaper and easier option even if you have to buy a whole new DC.

Even then, **** buying a DC stick. Just get a PS2 stick and a converter so you can use it for newer games if you want later. Definitely the better way to go in the long run.

But if you still are interested in buying a copy of MvC2 for PS2, I have one I'd be willing to let go of. PM me if you're interested.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
ETHER. GAH. WTF. I'm coming over tomorrow to play Melee tomorrow. Gimme a time. If anything, I can come through on Thursday and play for a while [I have some plans but I can share the time since I have the whole day off]

Sorry Kadaj...if I get to play Ether tomorrow, definitely doing that ^_^

I need to prep for NC this weekend as it is...

ALSO:

Everyone needs to expect me to host a Melee teams and singles tournament in the next month or two.

toasty

Smash Hero
<3 rhan

are you able to come to NC? I'm leaving the area on Friday at around 6 or so...I'll already be in Newport News by then and we're going to Richmond that night, staying with Tope.

Then we're going to NC in the morning, and probably coming back on Sunday at some point.

Rhan: help me out mang...can you get anywhere convenient for me on the way to Richmond and maybe the way back?

M15t3R E

Smash Master
<3 rhan

are you able to come to NC? I'm leaving the area on Friday at around 6 or so...I'll already be in Newport News by then and we're going to Richmond that night, staying with Tope.

Then we're going to NC in the morning, and probably coming back on Sunday at some point.

Rhan: help me out mang...can you get anywhere convenient for me on the way to Richmond and maybe the way back?
I'm pretty sure I'm working Saturday, so I can't come along. =/
Although, I can probably make it Friday night so we can all hang out at Tope's. Who will be coming along with you? Kadaj, Famous?

M15t3R E

Smash Master
Lol, I wouldn't show up at the legendary bearded smasher's pad uninvited.
He said he could train my Falco and Sheik in Melee, so he'll probably say it's cool for me to come on over. A quick call is all I have to do before I show Friday.

rhan

Smash Hero
<3 rhan

Yeah I can go. I asked my dad ahead of time and he's cool with it. I'm in VA Beach right now. But I can check with my unc and see if he'll drive me to Norfolk to get dropped off.

toasty

Smash Hero
oh...no way you can get dropped off in Newport News? XD Norfolk isn't TOO bad

also: I DON'T HAVE YOUR NUMBER! -__-
PM me plz?

also: looks like Rhan is the only one from SoVa who I have room for now since, if P-cat can make it, I'll be taking both of them and then Tope/Cyrain =D

rhan

Smash Hero
Oh yeah you work in Newport News on Fridays.....I forgot about that ****....

Cell: 757-268-4585

Edit: Effed up on the number...Sorry...:(

CStick

Smash Lord
You know, funny thing is, I don't know my new address.. Lol. I'll let you all know as soon as I find out. I'm still in the process of moving.

But it's JUST after a "Welcome to Virginia Beach" sign on Shore Drive, a complex called Waterford Apartments. So I'll finally truly be a part of the Beach crew, although Norfolk had me, toasty, all of ODU and the Doug.

Who still plays Melee? I'm still exploring things in that game. And I'm getting pretty good, I think.
seems...findable

you playing tonight?

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
Vallejo CA! (for lowlifes that dont know) Teh Bea
@ Ether: I un-Quit Melee, i still dont get as much practice as id like to. now that your in the beach we should play more for sure. i just talked to my boss about getting tourney days off so i can get back into the scene. he sad all i have to do is give him a week or 2 notice so im good for MAD tourneys this year. brawl AND melee.

Ether, lets play on friday.

Blackheart lee got a Wii for xmas.... >_>

As far as that MVc2 for PS2 thing goes....ive got 2 copys for sale.

60$, disc, and case. 70$ Disc case and booklet.

i got hori arcade sticks for 360, PS3 and Wii. hit me up if you need them.

Cdot757

Smash Rookie
i dont really play melee to much anymore but if its at O-no house im down. Im home permanently now so if anyone wants to play im most likely available. Dont think i will ever go to tourney again because i love 2d way more now but i also dont want to suck when time comes to pick up that gamecube controller . just hit me up 757 286 3074 for casual and ****

Ether

Smash Ace
I can play all day Thursday and anytime after 7 on Friday. I'll clean up and host at my current apartment (in the slums) unless O-NO or someone hosts. I mean, you are all out in the beach anyway, and I can be the only one to migrate. C'mon, someone host, cuz if I have to, I may get lazy, not clean and decide to cancel.

And I'd love to drop in on Tope on Sunday if that's cool. I'll find out later.

Toasty - sorry I can't chill tonight. I've got new years plans. But thanks for being awesome and playing both games.

edit - CDot is home permanently?! YAY

toasty

Smash Hero
ETHERRRRRR I'm hanging out with Slash tomorrow for a while...dunno what time but it's pretty open ended and truth be told: I wanna end the night with Melee and I am free ALL day. I need to be ready for NC.

so basically: I'm going to hang out with Slash and THEN I'll call you (Lisa?) up...

lemme know what the deal is...

Happy New Year kids =D

KitsuneKing

Smash Journeyman
Hmm.. i'd like to get some games in before school ****s up my weekdays.. 12-7pm Mon-Thur. is pretty ****.. plus work Fri-Sun. i'll try to squeeze in what i can. other than that i'll be up at 1am w/ my HD Remix training sessions on xbox live.

Cow

Smash Apprentice
Once I get back to my place I should play hd remix with you cats
.. though, i'm awful.

Poehlcat

Smash Apprentice
Toasty I got someone to cover for me on Sunday so I'm down for NC. Let me know when you're in Richmond. I'll send you my number over aim or you can just ask Pat for it.

toasty

Smash Hero
you couldn't have just...PMed it to me?

Dude, do you KNOW how ******** the rest of the CNU crew is at communication?!?! You're clearly the only competent one...didn't we already have this conversation? and wooorrrrd...

we'll be leaving NC Sunday during the day because I need to be back in SoVa around 5 or 6.

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
Vallejo CA! (for lowlifes that dont know) Teh Bea
@ Ether/Cstick/Cdot...Lets play tomorrow. Melee and MAYBE some brawl. i want you guys to play. sure its easy, but playing TOGETHER is what makes it fun for me. i can help train you all and Squirtle Squad can rise again.

@ everyone.....

Me and toasty are talking about spending a most GLORIOUS week in cali.
yes...WEEK. the tourney that DBR is hosting in july is about an hour away from my home town. i can house just about anyone for that time being and after the tourney we can all chill in sunny California and go to the 6 flags park in my home town. It will be the absolute BEST week ever.

we still need to work out the details, but if your serious about going to this tourney, and your looking to have the BEST time playing smash for a whole week. start saving that cash. 25$ a week from this friday for the next 5 months is like 500$ more than enough to get the job done.

@ Cow....SSF2THDR = Win. and yes, you should play with us.

KitsuneKing

Smash Journeyman
Yo otis i just got TvC working, and i just ordered my Wii stick. so when it comes... epic madness. also, i can probably come over late... maybe some HD love?

Titan44

Smash Apprentice
O-NO: If you're having people over your place, I'd like to come through. Lemme know what's up. If it's cool, I'll bring one or 2 people from SRK with me.

Ether

Smash Ace
I'll get lisa to bring me tonight. Also, I was born in San Diego, and I don't even know what Cali's like (I left there when I was a baby). I'm interested in this week in Cali.

Melee and brawl both sound good.

Top Bottom