• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

Cdot757

Smash Rookie
sentinel is a risk using character. if you use him wrong get ready for an infinite on your aaaaaaaaaaaaa. he's the easiest to infinite. =]
yeah but thats if you can catch him which is hard when capcom or cyke is his assist plus he has his hp and his air hp can easily keep u away. if i lead with him instead of storm i just run away til i find an open, unless its cable then i just rush that **** down. i rarely get infinited (expect by mags of course) cuz most of the time i get hit im already flying and it just put me into unfly mode

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
i needs to play cdot in some mvc2 =P. sent is good but i mean i'm just saying that he can just get infinited by almost everyone haha. =P. it gives people a chance of hope =]

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
uhh, so guys.... i have a question
how many ppl would come to a melee tourney im hosting if silent wolf was coming??
wait WHA??? I will TRAIN *****es in Melee to increase attendance if that happens! No waiz though, how could that even happen!!!

Also: who is down for going to SPOC VI on December 13th? Tope and Cyrain are going so I'm sure they're trying to combine transportation. Scar already offered us housing.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=119741

also..Kadaj, find a way to watch youtube vids!!!
WALL-E & The Samurai (Kadaj/toasty) Vs. D3 Runs C3 (G-Reg/Seibrik) Rounds 1 & 2
WALL-E & The Samurai (Kadaj/toasty) Vs. D3 Runs C3 (G-Reg/Seibrik) Round 3

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
wait WHA??? I will TRAIN *****es in Melee to increase attendance if that happens! No waiz though, how could that even happen!!!
yeah well i asked and he said there'd have to be a big melee scene
and ima pay for his gas lmfao
im bout to spend dat birthday moneyz!! XD

I can't tell if you're trying to crush my spirit again... <.<
Nope. not this time.
*bird steals bottle*
oh wait..... i did.

toasty

Smash Hero
You...you do realize he's from WASHINGTON.

Right?

You know?

THE STATE?

+ there'd be no real way we could pull off a big enough Melee tourney here for him to come without a loooot of advanced notice and a proper venue [which I had, til they told me every non-ODU student had to be out by 10PM ---this isn't the same place as where the Brawl tourneys have been]

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
So in other words, youz about to spend that birthday money on a plane ticket round trip?

toasty

Smash Hero
enver how bout you train me in melee regardless :3
haha that'd be awesome! It's quite the steep learning curve though...well...sorta. There's a threshold you have to reach before you're ready for rapid improvement. You already play Smash so you might already be ready for the Melee foundation to set in more quickly than most nubs...now...where to find the time to do this :( :( :( I highly suggest training up with Kitsune as I think he lives very close to you and he luuuvvvsss Melee, no matter what he says =D he helped train me! I owe a lot of my skill and experience [and faaaame] to him lmao
but spreading the word is what i'll have u guys for :)
lmao you really don't know this area, do you.

KitsuneKing

Smash Journeyman
I highly suggest training up with Kitsune as I think he lives very close to you and he luuuvvvsss Melee, no matter what he says =D he helped train me! I owe a lot of my skill and experience [and faaaame] to him lmao
lol @ me teaching melee, i need to teach myself melee again. not sure what i trained Toasty in but i guess it worked. yet he cant surpass me rawharharharhar...... MM's agains?!

My lesson plan would consist of:
1. BASICS BASICS BASICS
-read the FAQ and learn any basic things.... like DI, CC, and all that other stuff
-As Otis noted last night, the newer generation go more for a flashy play style rather than a practical one. Basically they'll try to do more advanced things from combo vids than going and learning the simple things.

for example!
"I'm gonna dragon punch into shine then shimmy to the left and wall slide for the win."

When you could just u-throw -> u-smash

Where do you live? atm my schedule is extremely tight but i could maybe fit in an hour or two sometime.

ttocs

Smash Rookie
well yea that's why i never bothered with it

but playing with boose at the last fest was fun :)

edit: oh, I live in kempsville/fairfield area of virginia beach

toasty

Smash Hero
Kits didn't so much teach me as he did capitalize on everything I did wrong and punish every attempt at flashiness when I didn't have a solid foundation to begin with.

Also: you still lose to my Ness. With -ALL- of your characters. <3

alsoalso: I still lose all my MMs against you ;______;

also^3: "I'm gonna dragon punch into shine then shimmy to the left and wall slide for the win."

hahahahahaha

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
kitsune is no where simple lol. unique. kwazy. squander king. man you're all fancy kills lol. if you want simple kills then play me. <3. gimps and nothing special lol. i wanna mm you jasonnn only on your commi disk cause it hates low tiers and so do i <3

rhan

Smash Hero
You're crazy. But that's what I love about you. Bro <3

Nope. not this time.
*bird steals bottle*
oh wait..... i did.
*Mid finger*

lmao you really don't know this area, do you.
It's possible Toasty! :D

Maybe if we convince the NoVA peeps to come down along with Silent Wolf then people could possibly come from OOS just to play some of the big names in the Smash community.

It's a crazy thought but if it happens you know how awesome it would be??? I'd probably crap myself from the excitement.

KitsuneKing

Smash Journeyman
kitsune is no where simple lol. unique. kwazy. squander king. man you're all fancy kills lol. if you want simple kills then play me. <3. gimps and nothing special lol. i wanna mm you jasonnn only on your commi disk cause it hates low tiers and so do i <3
i am a walking contradiction rofl

yersh i am flashy so mashi can teach ya hahaha only simple thing i do is laser grab :D

Top Bottom