• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
oh wow. crystalnites getting his license soon, so i'm expecting that we'll be at more SoVa events, and maybe some NoVa events too. So kadaj, i'll definitally try to head over there sooner or later if i'm welcome.

ttocs

Smash Rookie
haha toasty

i wouldn't be on that crossed off list if i didnt have my license situation

but if you want to come over you can :p

you'd have to bring a wii though lol

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
Yea i was just on the all is brawl chat talking to Deva and he said he hates brawl with a passion, but the community's too huge to pass up.....
lol were gona wifi (as brawl hating link players)

and see, i dont hate brawl because it's bad, i hate it because it took over melee SIMPLY because it's new.
i mean do u honestly prefer camping over speed?
does brawl really have that action packed accomplished feeling?
does brawl have 0-death combos?
does falco really prefer the air!?
no.
here, i support the first notion; not the second. Im not defending the melee v brawl debate because of the little nuances of brawl that some may think that it merits being trashed. I merely defend that melee is not worth the blow that it took from the Brawl following. People will prefer some games to others due to a variety of technical reasons (i.e. the presence [or lack] of 0-death combos); not to say that these points arent valid, but they are not what i endorse when saying that I defend melee.

Seriously S-Man...you can't comment like that on the aspects of high level gameplay that you're not engaging in.

I'll read Theo's post some day...at work now >_>

Also: wow do people forget all of a sudden how bad camping was in Melee in certain matchups???? Stop putting the p.ussy on a pedestal.
This is what I mean; "camping v no camping" is irrelevant (in terms of what im saying, not sman; wise arguments, imho, for or against either game need better support than nit-picky strikes like camping; every game has camping in some shape or form).

Melee is no where near the brokeness of MvC2 >.>
True

We should have a new rule/game. If someone brings up brawl vs. melee again, the first person to notice the post, other than the poster ofcourse, gets to ***** slap the one who posted. Anyone who participates with the original poster and argues either side shares the same fate as the poster.
Again, didnt i just address this? The whole SWF notion that any time Brawl and Melee are mentioned in the same sentence, any argument (or plain old statement) made for or against any aspect of both games nullifies any credibility or lucidity that may be in a post. Let the people discuss. It IS relevant. Consider the amount of people in Virginia who are willing to come out to some events and not others, for example. I hate that we have such things as taboo subjects on the internet. That's so stupid (for lack of a better term).

ill send u a PM with my # mr toast.
Ether... :D
I BEAT ETHER! I BEAT ETHER! *cheers*

err, i'll give brawl a shot next time i play with u guys.. (whenever that may be)
me n my god awful marth/falco/link/fox

ohh man we should play online toasty XD

P.S. using sentinel is like using pichu or roy in melee
so pointless but it can be SO funny!
WTF O_O
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30Fv-TbxeX8
[5:52-]6:14-6:28
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwmXwt56cgI&feature=related
6:18-7:00
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKRW_WchiVQ
[0:00-]2:33-3:47

Sentinel is Top Tier
"God Tier:

Sentinel

Storm

Magneto

Cable
Note:It is generally accepted that Sentinel and Storm are slightly above Cable and Magneto within this tier, but this is a very very slight difference."

(http://www.shoryuken.com/wiki/index.php/Marvel_vs_Capcom_2#Tier-list_.28Over-all_Value_to_Team.29)

KitsuneKing

Smash Journeyman
yeah it is but once you try to learn the game the characters that are deemed broken are sooo fun to play, my friends from NY has been teaching me how to play sentinel for like the last month or two and he is the funnest character i have ever learned in any fighting game
haha nice i'll wait til mvc2 is on live arcade and i get my stick modded.

for now i'm chun, learning yun in 3s. cant wait to get revenge on you >:0 call either me or kev cuz that's all we've been playing other than gears.

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
Vallejo CA! (for lowlifes that dont know) Teh Bea
Jason, you need to hit me up tomorrow. bring over a 360 and play gears with me and tj. then you BOTH can get ***** in 3s.

i get off at 6pm.

lol @ Cdot talking about one of the most broken charecters to ever be allowed in tournament play XD

if you DONT know about sentine and what he can do, wiki/youtube some ****. then start laughing...l

CStick

Smash Lord
ahem...

*makes the 'ka-choosh' whip sound*

Sorry, had to be done. I can't talk crap though. I'll probably be there soon if things keep going as they are.

Cdot757

Smash Rookie
lol @ Cdot talking about one of the most broken charecters to ever be allowed in tournament play XD

if you DONT know about sentine and what he can do, wiki/youtube some ****. then start laughing...l
Trust me i know exactly what gayness he can perform if your fingers are fast enough. im learning mad fast how to do his unfly fast fly combos and corner stomp pressure but im still not good enough to deal with a really good cable yet but mags and storm can get it all day.

jason i recommend you just get a mas stick unless u already have good housing for the stick you plan to make. that 360 hori stick is soo small that if u did want to mod it you have to make sure that the joystick u buy for isnt going to scrape the back of the housing plus its just not sturdy. You thought you had to have fast finger for smash:laugh: try playing marvel or cvs2 hell even turdo 2, that 360 hori is going to slide everywhere. I havent walk up to O-NO 3s cabinet but im pretty sure it uses happ sticks which is also what the mas stick uses and basically all american arcades games (all but tekken). its bout 150 bucks but you it comes compatible for two systems which you choose , i got mine compatible to DC and ps2 since I started 3s and mavel seriously and im about to buy one for the 360, its pricey but reliable as hell

and gears2 needs to be fixed before i play that **** agian

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
Earlier today one of my friends invited me to his place to play Guilty Gear and he invited one fo his friends who goes to ODU. His name was Kam and he played one fo the most pro Potemkin's i've ever played. Not only that he made me realize I need to play this **** more.

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
HAHAHHAAH WOOOOOOOOW you played kam?

too good. yea man he brings his setup sometimes to the lounge and he's got an ace potemkin. really friendly dude too

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
Yeah. He is hella chill. I got a few games of his Potemkin. Other than that he won most of the other games.

Titan44

Smash Apprentice
You're both lying. Noone in SOVA plays GG..... ;[

Anyway, what's up with some games peeps? I swear I've asked at least 3 times here and got nothing in response. Seriously, I'll play just about anything at this point. Melee, Brawl, DOA, GOW2, Pokemon Snap, etc, etc.

I've got duty on Thanksgiving (suxxor), but aside from that I can make time any day this week/weekend. Can't do much today or tomorrow unless it's after 4, but aside from that just give me a time and a place and I'll be there.

KitsuneKing

Smash Journeyman
@Cdot yeah i've been getting used to the hori. i'm most likely going to go either sanwa or seimitsu for the mod, i found a guy on SRK that is willing to do it for me, haha all japan baby. i'm also debating to get the tournament edition SF4 madcatz stick too. but $150 is a bit steep atm :/ when you coming back down?

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
slightly?

also: when asking the dude at the cafe making my omelette bout his thanksgiving he replied "it's just another day"

i lawlled

if the 6th is open, yall want melee or brawl and what times

also also: titan you like disappeared after your first couple posts. we've had like four events at odu since then

rhan

Smash Hero
The on 6th I'm trying to go to a tourney in NC. Idk if I'll be able to make it but there is a very SLIM [emphasis on slim <.<] chance that I won't be going to NC. If that happens I'll be down there to play. :)

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
Vallejo CA! (for lowlifes that dont know) Teh Bea
@ Titan, ill be free for some games of ANYTHING after 6pm tonight. im pretty sure my address is still on the first page of this thread. if anyone else wants to come over after 6pm. feel free. im down to game until like.....11pm or so. i have work in the morning ~.~;

Cdot757

Smash Rookie
@kits i though i could come down today but i have to work on black friday so im going to miss thanksgiving break. I think the next time i get to come down is like Christmas but theirs this program call ggpo I dont know if you heard, that lets you play 3s turbo alpha .... etc basically any cps2 game with no ****in lag i **** you not. Ive played people like afro legends sextaro dogface and got ***** really bad!!!! but I got pro training for free and since you have a 360 stick you can just plug that into your computer and your good. My names cdot757 up there just hit me if you ever get it.

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
4-midnight, brawl, estimated attendance: 25

ill reserve it today if its still open

toasty: as long as the tvs are readily able to take away from zion in the future (cz malco better be taking his tv on the 6th) go ahead and leave em there. or come over anytime after 3. really dont matter. might need one last taco bell before i leave cz the cafe closes at 2 today and i leave around 9 >_>

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
yikesiez...okay we'll work out the TV situation and foodz at like 6-7ish...and Meleeeez...but not too much, I gotta get home and get the house cleaned up for TYsLANDinner

oh and I have to upload shyz from C3...these vids are TOOO good! Some of the commentary is AMAZING hahaha

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
when i posted, mashi's post wasnt up.....
=/ i should refresh before posting eh? well i meant to ask _when_ anyway.

P.S. yes i did theo, but i was meaning why sentinel when u have magneto o.o
HE'S FREGGIN HUGE!

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
sentinel is a risk using character. if you use him wrong get ready for an infinite on your aaaaaaaaaaaaa. he's the easiest to infinite. =]

Titan44

Smash Apprentice
@ Titan, ill be free for some games of ANYTHING after 6pm tonight. im pretty sure my address is still on the first page of this thread. if anyone else wants to come over after 6pm. feel free. im down to game until like.....11pm or so. i have work in the morning ~.~;
Fasho. I can't supply a TV unfortunately, but I'll bring a PS2 loaded with fighters. If you need me to bring a Wii and Brawl, lemme know.

Top Bottom