• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

Malco!!!

Smash Apprentice
Ill be in Hampton For a bit tonight. Team BFN, Kadaj, Famous, Hampton/ Newport people. you guys should hit me up.
im bringing my 3rd strike Cabinet to The Nekocon Game room. should be a pretty good attraction. LOTS of matches. you guys MAY actually see me get ***** by my friend Eric V if he comes down.

i Also got the job at Play n Trade. ^.^ go me.

Wait eric V?
Is he Black and from maryland?

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
malco i'm gonna be heading out around 1 ish.......so better call me or else you're going alone!!! you didn't text me over few days lol your fault! me and sk and mark going together? iono.

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
Vallejo CA! (for lowlifes that dont know) Teh Bea
Eric V is Hispanic or some ****.

Yeas 3s is coin op. its gonna be on free play though.

Brawl is gonna SUCK at Neko. Just a bunch of 4v4 as as usual. and no one will wanna do teams because SS held the station down for like 6 hours last year ^.^

then Black hole Glitched Melee...while the cube was in a locked box ...>_>

Malco!!!

Smash Apprentice
malco i'm gonna be heading out around 1 ish.......so better call me or else you're going alone!!! you didn't text me over few days lol your fault! me and sk and mark going together? iono.
wait!
today at one?
you going all three days?

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
lol haven't decided. gonna go today though. so you better hit me up if not then i'm going with sk haha.

Senko Zero

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4940-5527-1789
Just an update on nekocon's first day for those of you who haven't/aren't going....

No Brawl set-ups in the game room. Only ONE Melee set-up that was SINGLE player.

The Brawl tournament was complete bs. Wii-mote only (they BOOED you if you brought your own controller for any game), ALL stages set to random, ALL ITEMS ON, FIVE MINUTES TIME, FFA, Last two stay in, final round is random select. Apparently Famous got second with Lucario when matched up against a D3 in the final round.

But the Guilty Gear tournament was EVEN WORSE. You can only pick a character ONCE for the whole tournament, so if you picked Potemkin the first round, no more Potemkin for you. Oh yeah, according to them, Ky and Robo Ky count as the SAME character. Every round had a different match/time setting as well. Semifinals were 30 seconds SEVEN rounds, and finals were Infinite time five rounds but THEY choose YOUR character, so it ended up being a Faust mirror.

Tekken wasn't nearly as bad, although it moved around round and time heavily (from 60 to 30 seconds, then from 2 rounds to five) and the finals was set to ONE round as you had to pick a different character each round for best out of seven.

Most of these save for the Brawl tournament were recorded on camera so you might see some of it soon.

But let's see what happens on day two shall we....

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
Just an update on nekocon's first day for those of you who haven't/aren't going....

No Brawl set-ups in the game room. Only ONE Melee set-up that was SINGLE player.

The Brawl tournament was complete bs. Wii-mote only (they BOOED you if you brought your own controller for any game), ALL stages set to random, ALL ITEMS ON, FIVE MINUTES TIME, FFA, Last two stay in, final round is random select. Apparently Famous got second with Lucario when matched up against a D3 in the final round.

But the Guilty Gear tournament was EVEN WORSE. You can only pick a character ONCE for the whole tournament, so if you picked Potemkin the first round, no more Potemkin for you. Oh yeah, according to them, Ky and Robo Ky count as the SAME character. Every round had a different match/time setting as well. Semifinals were 30 seconds SEVEN rounds, and finals were Infinite time five rounds but THEY choose YOUR character, so it ended up being a Faust mirror.

Tekken wasn't nearly as bad, although it moved around round and time heavily (from 60 to 30 seconds, then from 2 rounds to five) and the finals was set to ONE round as you had to pick a different character each round for best out of seven.

Most of these save for the Brawl tournament were recorded on camera so you might see some of it soon.

And scrubs complain about standardized rulesets because...?

Titan44

Smash Apprentice

Hilarity ensues. I was thinking about going in hopes to make some quick cash for GG, but I'm glad I went out drinking instead.

Senko Zero

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4940-5527-1789
And scrubs complain about standardized rulesets because...?
Apparently playing to win and with skill and using only one character is "elitism".

Their reasoning was that by making things random and switching things around, it would be fairer for everybody to win. They said that by making you go to random on the last set of Brawl was a sign of skill if you were able to win with whoever you got. That doesn't really hold water seeing as it's really just a matter of who gets the better character. In Brawl at least it ended up closer in characters then say....one person getting Captain Falcon, the other getting MetaKnight.

But even so the people who actually play their respective games still won. Famous plays Brawl and only got second because of that bs Game And Watch stage. WINBACK, a very good Soul Calibur and other fighting games player from SOVA won Guility Gear, and another usual Tekken guy from around here by the handle of Vegeta won Tekken. It honestly doesn't make ANY sense on what they're trying to impose.

The best quote they EVER had is what they said during the Guilty Gear tournament when people started to complain.

"This is a TOURNAMENT, not a DEMOCRACY."

I'll leave that up to you to decipher the meaning, although with all the loud complaining that DragonCharlz did they were looking for us afterward. Didn't find us but we would of had a thing or two to say to them if they did.

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
I wish i was there. Tourneys at Nekocon are NEVER tourneys. its just a "lets see who can survive this trash rule set" event.

the first nekocon i was at, i won a match in DDR against The Bizz (one of the best DDR/ITG players in VA) Just because i did a "Freestyle spin" on a song. he clearly won and it was supposed to be a PA match, but they gave it to me anyway. we wanted to settle the last match playing Legend of max, but they would NOT allow us to pick our own song, EVEN THOUGH THE CROWD WAS CHEERING FOR IT!

in short, i got to the con for casuals and social reasons.

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
I wish i was there. Tourneys at Nekocon are NEVER tourneys. its just a "lets see who can survive this trash rule set" event.

the first nekocon i was at, i won a match in DDR against The Bizz (one of the best DDR/ITG players in VA) Just because i did a "Freestyle spin" on a song. he clearly won and it was supposed to be a PA match, but they gave it to me anyway. we wanted to settle the last match playing Legend of max, but they would NOT allow us to pick our own song, EVEN THOUGH THE CROWD WAS CHEERING FOR IT!

in short, i got to the con for casuals and social reasons.
and the first nekocon i was at, i got ***** by some crazy wierd peach player that "always hit me by floating off the stage, and used her down smash over and over!"

hmmmm, i think his name was O-NO..........
But again, my memory is very hazy.

CStick

Smash Lord
I wish I coulda gone for the rave...and to see if people were dumb enough to leave backpacks laying around outside

can you say "free ****" ?

Senko Zero

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4940-5527-1789
Another day ends, so another update begins.....

This time there were both Brawl and Melee set-ups in the game room (BOTH MULTIPLAYER THIS TIME!). Eventually the Brawl one did eventually get taken down to make room for DDR while the Melee set-up lasted the entire day (yes you pro-Melee anti-Brawl fans, you can rejoice).

The tournaments were less bull**** this time around oddly enough. The DDR ruleset was closer to an standardized tournament one from what I understand. It still had random songs through the later half and they had to stop every fifteen minutes or so to fix the player 2 side pad.

Soul Calibur was a similar story. No real screwed up time or round limit until the very end, although in the second and third round you could only choose a character one time and that's the only time it was imposed. We asked around to various people and they all said that was kind of ****ty, even the person who even stated the rules said it was kind of iffy or something to that effect.

The great "Iron Man Challenge" they had posted up for the final event of the night was nothing more then a grand King Of Fighters string of games. It went King Of Fighters '96, KOF Maximum Impact Regulation A., KOF XI, then finally Neo Geo Battle Coliseum. The only rule they had for this one was that no matter the game you could only pick characters that previously appeared in the KOF games, so it wasn't too bad.

Once again some of this was recorded, so you might hear some stuff about it later.

And that pretty much wraps up the tournaments for Nekocon 11...and always remember one thing....

"THIS IS A TOURNAMENT, NOT A DEMOCRACY!"

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
NELO!!!!!!!

Good **** running teams today for that short while. as ****ed up as we where we still kicked ***.

**** i miss Team Richmond! V.V

In other news, #s was AMAZING today! great fun running **** with "Strawberry Pajamas Makoto" and "Advanced Chun 09' ". really good matches, lots of fun. i was offered to be taken to NC to play 3s players with the rest of the 3s Sova crew to be "treated like kings and have mad fun".

in other news, Some random chick at the convention was giving out free lumbar punctures! (for people that dont follow the lingo...some chick stabbed a guy....>_>)

fuxing insanity...

KitsuneKing

Smash Journeyman
NELO!!!!!!!

Good **** running teams today for that short while. as ****ed up as we where we still kicked ***.

**** i miss Team Richmond! V.V

In other news, #s was AMAZING today! great fun running **** with "Strawberry Pajamas Makoto" and "Advanced Chun 09' ". really good matches, lots of fun. i was offered to be taken to NC to play 3s players with the rest of the 3s Sova crew to be "treated like kings and have mad fun".

in other news, Some random chick at the convention was giving out free lumbar punctures! (for people that dont follow the lingo...some chick stabbed a guy....>_>)

fuxing insanity...
O_o the hell?

haha looks like i missed out on some **** T_T

Cow

Smash Apprentice
I wish I coulda gone for the rave...and to see if people were dumb enough to leave backpacks laying around outside

can you say "free ****" ?
Yeah man, like iPods.

... too soon?

JWolf

Smash Cadet
Don't tell me when to rant malco... i rant when i please..

Your lucky im in that mood :)

Malco!!!

Smash Apprentice
Yeah you rant when you please just like Uki holds fest at his house when he pleases but doesn't post for a week to tell anyone that its happening or not. :]

Just curious....is 36 a bigger number then 31? :]

JWolf

Smash Cadet
Techniqually yesss but there are some cases when it's not...

Depends on what the 36 is and the 31 is......

Malco!!!

Smash Apprentice
"When you edit post your a loser."
At least thats what kadaj says! Thats y im double posting!
Sorry for cutting this one short. Some people have things to do in the morning.
:evil: :evil: :mad: :mad: :devil::evil: :evil: :mad: :mad: :devil::evil: :evil: :mad: :mad: :devil::evil: :evil: :mad: :mad: :devil::evil: :evil: :mad: :mad: :devil::evil: :evil: :mad: :mad: :devil::evil: :evil: :mad: :mad: :devil:

The many faces of jadak.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
Oh. I guess you guys missed the memo. Of course.

There is a Brawl fest at ODU on Saturday from 1 - 7 PM. Same place as usual. $2 venue fee [I'll explain at the fest...when I run away with your moniez =D]...but it's for you all, esp those coming from afar :)

All games MUST end at 6:30 as the room is reserved by someone else after us, so we have to start clean-up then. This is definitely geared toward prepping those who are going to C3...we all need to get some serious training in.

There will be ONE Melee setup. I'll already be providing it. Please don't bring any other Melee setups.

C3 is expensive and we're not trying to waste all that money with traveling and entry fee etc, so we gotta take this **** seriously =D

Top Bottom