• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
I change LIVES......

As far as Katsu goes, last time i was there i got some good matches in with shinkuu, SSJ4 Ricky, Korn and, a few other players. Smashing aside, katsu is really fun. the rave is ok and theres lots of people to meet.

9/10 stars id say.

if i can get out of work im pretty much GOING to be there.
Nice. How much smash is readily available throughout the event? I might just chill with you all for most of the time if i end up going.

That, and sneak my way into the *special section* (yeright)

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
Vallejo CA! (for lowlifes that dont know) Teh Bea
MAN **** that Hentai BS at cons. just go around really dunk and pop at MAD chicks. most of the time that will get you into a hotel party where all kindsa **** goes down.

and dont leve your **** outside the raves. take it back to your room. you cant bring bags into the rave so people just leave them outside. ask Kitsune how many ipods, digi cams and DS, some of his people got at Otakon.

and HELL no i dont fell bad for them, they where all dumb as hell for leaving there ****.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
My Halloween was pretty cool...scared the daylights out of a lot of people so that was pretty ****...[worked at a Haunted House if you didn't see my 18,000 posts mentioning it at some point before] and even intimidated this one guy to the point where he was backing up against the exit and barked at me LMAO

O-NO DOES change lives. He changed the ODU Smash Scene completely. And obviously he spearheaded the SoVa movement. [LOLLL oh man I miss the days of......THE REVOLUTION!!!! Because Tonight................You.]
edit: CStick was a big part of this back in the days too...his garage tourney caused ndn, Kitsune, AND KOTR [Ivar, Y Link masta] to quit Melee [this was October/Novemberish of 2006] because of what they saw at that event [Tope/Meep and all kinds of ****]. Then ndn was the first who was interested in getting us lowly scrubs [who were still doing FFAs ;__;] to learn the game and figure out how to be ****. Then Kitsune and KOTR got back into it and started training us up. After the upcoming RAAAAPE from O-NO and Blackheart Lee, we got sparked outta our minds...

And then. Ether showed up and the world exploded.

...too tired to check if this post was even coherent...

come to the haunted house tonight at ODU! $3 for students
One girl was CRYING last night.............CRYING.

rhan

Smash Hero
What happen rhan?
Mine was awesome! :]

Well......During our...Halloween stupidity on the way home we got jumped.... :(

We're ok though. Just a few bumps and bruises nothing more. But I rather have ended the night better....

D0N

Smash Ace
I made lots of nachos yesterday. its still amazes me how fast they go away...

Who barks when they get scarred? lol

Rhan: wow really? around his neighborhood? so gay... was it kinda random or did you guys provoke them somehow?

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
crystalnite - naw that's NEKOcon haha

malco - what you're going?!

naw i'm just wondering cause i'm going to katsu. haha. not just for the games man. gonna go for the fun of it. =P. oh and malco *cough cough* someone from the creators of mmpr will be there....=P if you didn't understand that then i hates youu

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
D0N I feel ya man...and it isn't so much how fast they go away, it's that coupled with how much time gets put into them that makes the destruction of your masterpiece so shocking hahaha

good to know I've been able to spread some joy...

I should trademark this shiiit hahaha

it's a shame SoVa couldn't go to Chu's today :(

Next time I guess...also, if Uki can't throw his fest, should there be a Brawl fest at ODU the week before C3? NO TOURNEY. $2 venue fee to be divied out to people who came from far away [Pungo/Newport News, and...well whatever I'll make the executive decision on that when the time comes] as supplemental gas moniez since there won't be a tourney to motivate the travel...
Mad short notice, I know :( NOTHING HAS BEEN PLANNED YET. Just a thought, really...I mean I don't even know if I'm able to, I'm just throwing it out there...that...you know...before we go to a big event like ECRC Event #4 @ C3, there should be some congregation of SoVa's Best so that we can train up for a night and be reminded of what it's like to play people other than your friends that you play all the time, to be thrust into not-as-familiar matchups against not-as-familiar playstyles...

it's pretty important, I think >_>

edit: oh yeah, Rhan...that's really horrible for the both of you :( :( :( sorry to hear something so ****ty happen on such an awesome night [or any time, really, but I cherish Halloween so it sucks more for me to hear that haha]

D0N

Smash Ace
D0N I feel ya man...and it isn't so much how fast they go away, it's that coupled with how much time gets put into them that makes the destruction of your masterpiece so shocking hahaha
Soooo true:laugh:.

And I gave you credit so its still your trademark

I was repairman from all that for halloween.
lol thats original. I wish I coulda seen the costume.

rhan

Smash Hero
Rhan: wow really? around his neighborhood? so gay... was it kinda random or did you guys provoke them somehow?
It was like 5 minutes walk away from his house. And we didn't provoke them in anyway. At first we saw them come from behind the school. But my ******* wants to just play it off like I saw nothing and hopefully we just ignore each other. But yeah....That should have triggered something in my mind and told me to run. It was basically my fault for having faith in my community. :(

rhan: that really really blows. complete and utter bs. glad to hear yall are ok.
edit: oh yeah, Rhan...that's really horrible for the both of you :( :( :( sorry to hear something so ****ty happen on such an awesome night [or any time, really, but I cherish Halloween so it sucks more for me to hear that haha]
Thanks for the sympathy. We're gonna be fine. And you'll still be seeing us a smash events. Things like this will never slow us down. Only make us stronger.

i bet it was S-man's fault. he was probably flaunting his hair at all the ladies and their bf's got jealous

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CStick

Smash Lord
O-NO, you should take me with you. I've nver been to a con before. it's something I've been wanting to do, despite my anime tastes and such being outdated.

CStick

Smash Lord
O-NO is the primary life-changer for the entire Hampton Roads area. I got alot of **** started out of sheer need for competition, which worked out nicely and started the scene. But, if there is anyone who gave the game appeal by hitting up local business for support, O-NO wins. He owns the scene. he got the other 80% into it seriously.

Also, i miss having the garage days. Those were always fun. but, no more room in my garage :(

we should go to ODU, find the broadcast department, and make "O-NO changed my life" testimonials.

CSTICK: "if it wasnt for Otis, i wouldnt have met so many awesome people and aspired to really get good at this game...even though I rarely play anymore"

Kitsune: "Back when I still had free will, Otis helped me go from SoVA n00b to Falco **** machine"

Mashi: "who wants to mm in brawl?"

I think thats how it would go.

Also, watched Tropic Thunder. Never go full-******.

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
lol. probably. i MM in BRAWL now not MELEE. sad huh. haha. =[. oh depends on who's going kadaj cause last i remember your address was like an hour or so away from me. sucks.

KitsuneKing

Smash Journeyman
MAN **** that Hentai BS at cons. just go around really dunk and pop at MAD chicks. most of the time that will get you into a hotel party where all kindsa **** goes down.

and dont leve your **** outside the raves. take it back to your room. you cant bring bags into the rave so people just leave them outside. ask Kitsune how many ipods, digi cams and DS, some of his people got at Otakon.

and HELL no i dont fell bad for them, they where all dumb as hell for leaving there ****.
if you're gonna go to a con. go with otis and me. guarantee you, you're gonna have the most ignorant time of your life.

for me, it's OTAKON or nothing baby. <3

Malco!!!

Smash Apprentice
Well......During our...Halloween stupidity on the way home we got jumped.... :(

We're ok though. Just a few bumps and bruises nothing more. But I rather have ended the night better....
Ive been jumped too!! :]

crystalnite - naw that's NEKOcon haha

malco - what you're going?!

naw i'm just wondering cause i'm going to katsu. haha. not just for the games man. gonna go for the fun of it. =P. oh and malco *cough cough* someone from the creators of mmpr will be there....=P if you didn't understand that then i hates youu
Yeah Nekocon right?
And Yes I know what ur talking about. :embarrass

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
malco lol. nekocon is this upcoming weekend haha. katsucon however is farther away. i was asking about that because it's up in nova rofl. =P. but yeah i'll doooos whatever. nekocon it is =P

Malco!!!

Smash Apprentice
malco lol. nekocon is this upcoming weekend haha. katsucon however is farther away. i was asking about that because it's up in nova rofl. =P. but yeah i'll doooos whatever. nekocon it is =P
Ill save up! :]
Just so i can go with you!

Top Bottom