• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

Titan44

Smash Apprentice
Battlefield and 64. Greenbrier at Belmont to be exact.

Any of you playing today? Might be a good chance for me to meet people, I guess. If anyone's interested, my cell # is 512-769-0455. I'm decent at most of the big fighters, but I'll play pretty much anything.

B

Blackula

Battlefield and 64. Greenbrier at Belmont to be exact.

Any of you playing today? Might be a good chance for me to meet people, I guess. If anyone's interested, my cell # is 512-769-0455. I'm decent at most of the big fighters, but I'll play pretty much anything.
Ha ha ha. When I first started to look for apartments last July, that was actually one of the first places I checked out. At that time, they were having a special offer. First month free rent. But then that got changed so I didn't choose there. I'm not too far from you. I'm at Holly Point Apartments right off Providence. It's like 4-5 minute drive to the Belmont. All I have to do is turn right on Providence, turn left on Campostella, and then turn left on Battlefield and then I'm there.

What other "big" fighters do you like to play? My favorite is Virtua Fighter 5. I also like to play Tekken 5: DR, Dead Or Alive 4, and Soul Calibur 4.

whodat

Smash Apprentice
Hahaha Blackula good luck trying to find people that play other fighting games on Smashboards.

Don- Sorry about yesterday. I thought you were going to be coming by earlier. So when 8pm rolled by I figured that you most likely weren't coming an just left.

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
lmao at five brawlers. we had almost 30 yesterday

ether: there was practically no wait at all for 7 of us D: you shouldve waited! toasty tried calling lisa but her phone was dead/off

and i got a country fried steak the size of the plate i got my pancakes on. it was delicious

titan: so jealous youre good at guilty gear T_T i want to get into it so bad but noone around has it save one guy at odu lounge and that place isnt the best place to learn competitive play. if you play 3s, CvS2, or MvC/2 you'll find a bunch of people down here who'll play you (topic creator first and foremost)

B

Blackula

Hahaha Blackula good luck trying to find people that play other fighting games on Smashboards.

Don- Sorry about yesterday. I thought you were going to be coming by earlier. So when 8pm rolled by I figured that you most likely weren't coming an just left.
Silly wabbit. You didn't read titan's post. :laugh: He said he plays other "big" fighters. I wanted to know which ones. He lives like right around the corner from me.

Titan44

Smash Apprentice
Don't expect real tourney level play from me in anything that isn't Melee or GG (like, I'm not good enough at Tekken to break throws consistently or CvS2 to roll cancel), but I'm decent at 3S, CvS2, DR, and Arcana Heart. Wouldn't mind getting into SC4. I don't care much for marvel, VF, or DOA though.

Royboy: If you're looking for a copy of AC, I can let you borrow mine if you really wanna play (I have it saved on my PS2 harddrive). The lack of comp is killing me. I'd also be more than happy to teach you whatever I can.

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
naw i actually dont have my ps2 with me (its at home cz my brother uses it) but thanks anyway

also: my tag's actually Caboose. this is just my old gamefaqs one i transferred over back in the day

speaking of: kadaj, howd you transfer your info from maverick to kadaj?

edit: to add on toasty's post, most people down here pretty much like either brawl or melee exclusively. toasty's one of the few that likes both

and i feel you on lack of comp man. i was without comp or phone (still no phone) since thanksgiving of last year til like mid september this year

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
*other regions = northern VA, Maryland, and soon NC
Heck yayuhz!

Btw, Melee and Brawl at the Billfests for all of those interested. Melee is fairly small there though (8 or so I think in the last tourney), so maybe getting some OOS could really help encourage Melee players to step back up.

B

Blackula

I play VF5 the best of all the games listed. I play Tekken well but my weakness is breaking throws. I'm good on offense, fairly decent on defense, especially low parrying. I'm trying to get better in SC4 so I can be a good contender like I am in Tekken. And I also want to get much better in Brawl because it's very fun. I enjoying playing 4 player free-for-alls.

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
So when is SoVa going to come visit Richmond? =)
If knightpraetor is willing to drive team stars over there, we can make it whenever weekend you want! i need practice. i realized this when i was getting 1 stocked by IV. i need advice maybe.

did anyone see anything i could have improved yesterday??

KitsuneKing

Smash Journeyman
SoVa, you kicked so much tail tonight. Very good matches with anyone I played, and to everyone else, wtf we should play!!!!!!!

kinda disappointed i didnt get to play schoolie or ether, but im glad i played o-noez for the first time.

who knows, maybe god is telling me im just not ready yet to face the likes of ether and schoolie; or maybe i was just to lazy to go to the other side of the tables; either way, ether should change the spelling of his tag to Aether.

Props to Toasty for making the focus on MELEE and on the FEST aspect of it as opposed to intimidating and expensive TOURNIES.

Thanks to those who finally brought setups; we literally started off with the two that my party brought; yeah, it was kinda ugly at first.

I feel like every1 mains marth now, but maybe its always been so and i never realized it.

o-no, ur the most hilarious person ive ever seen.

thanks to oro for tolerating my marth while i fortified my marth ditto matchup.

gg's ndn and mashi; sorry we didnt play malco, we should have

to any1 else i played and/or met and omitted, you rock and im glad to have taken part.

Oh, and thanks for not turning anything up missing this time; I'm starting to feel safer at events.

SoVa delivers.

(and now to gather with Melee enough to compete with NoVa)
jayzuz crystalnite i dont even get props T_T <3 your falco.

Cyrain

Smash Ace
If knightpraetor is willing to drive team stars over there, we can make it whenever weekend you want! i need practice. i realized this when i was getting 1 stocked by IV. i need advice maybe.

did anyone see anything i could have improved yesterday??

Well ****, talk to KnightPraetor about that **** then and hit me up sometime. I always love a good all night smashfest.

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
I'll let you know when i get the word.

P.S. Heads up SoVa, i may be hosting something before the year ends
possibly in november. i want this one to be BIG, and MELEE! When the time comes around, invite NoVanians!!!

practice up! im heading off to training mode now >.>

Malco!!!

Smash Apprentice
I'll let you know when i get the word.

P.S. Heads up SoVa, i may be hosting something before the year ends
possibly in november. i want this one to be BIG, and MELEE! When the time comes around, invite NoVanians!!!

practice up! im heading off to training mode now >.>
I down!!!:)

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
lmao at five brawlers. we had almost 30 yesterday

ether: there was practically no wait at all for 7 of us D: you shouldve waited! toasty tried calling lisa but her phone was dead/off

and i got a country fried steak the size of the plate i got my pancakes on. it was delicious

titan: so jealous youre good at guilty gear T_T i want to get into it so bad but noone around has it save one guy at odu lounge and that place isnt the best place to learn competitive play. if you play 3s, CvS2, or MvC/2 you'll find a bunch of people down here who'll play you (topic creator first and foremost)
dang boose. i didn't know u played guilty gear either. next time there's a fest i'll bring my ps2 and we can play.

dobee

Smash Apprentice
ask people that saw me play at the melee fest, lol. You know **** that shouldn't ever work but does. Speaking of, Im tryin to play brawl with you some time... i need practice... especially against dumb*** marth lol.

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
Dobee Combo: getting GW 9'ed by your teammate after he hammers a lightshielding opponent and slides backwards off the stage

riku: ill start practicing....by...reading...guides >_>

edit: love the sig s-man XD

also: express consent for a second melee fest hosted on the 25th. if that dont work im alternate dating for nov 1st

D0N

Smash Ace

Its cool man dont worry about it.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
hmm, i'll think about it..kinda tired tonight...i'm only here for this weekend and the next..so we should go one of those two times to richmond..it's not any farther than norfolk..and my sheik is very bad..i need about 3 hrs of play with tope..though i was almost able to take legit wins off of ether in my sheik vs marth..i'm still getting consistently 3 stocked by any decent fox player.

I want to visit ether for some on one-on-one at some point as well..before i leave to north carolina I want to get decent at melee

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
riku: ill start practicing....by...reading...guides >_>

also: express consent for a second melee fest hosted on the 25th. if that dont work im alternate dating for nov 1st
sounds good. i need to get back into playin GG myself. Who u use BTW?

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
ive always been interested in how faust and potemkin played but ive though about picking up robo-ky as well. sadface at no Kliff in AC T_T

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
boose...why so mean? that's not like you :( Blackula's wasn't trying to be some monster fest anyway...unlike our ambitions for the Melee fest, which was a huge success [despite your horrid FAILURE TO LAUNCH GODDAMMIT CABOOSE....I'll leave it at that]

By the way. After October 18th's Brawl tourney, I think the common area that we used yesterday will forever serve as the SoVa tourney spot [so long as Caboose lives in that dorm building, of course]

It's massive and has lots of tables, chairs, and outlets...most of all?

it's free. If there's ever a venue fee, it's to either buy drinks/food, OR [and think this is better]....to buy Caboose a pay-as-you-go phone hahahahahaha

ttocs

Smash Rookie
I started a new job today. Get off around 8 friday night and have saturday off.

I haven't played brawl in like a week. If I don't play by the end of the week someone is getting murdered.

That's all.

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
If knightpraetor is willing to drive team stars over there, we can make it whenever weekend you want!
Pretty sure he meant the "actual" sova smash scene.

Great fest saturday! Maybe next time setups will already be there, before kp brings 2 of his own :)

CYRAIN I MISS YOU!

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
the wha? didnt think it came off as mean i just found it hilarious that no one showed up for brawl, not so much no one wanted to go to a new guy's house

and i dont get where youre getting this "that's not like you" BS, im a terrible person yo >_>

hm...i wish i still had those chicho's inner circle coupons so we could use the enmasse save 50 bucks coupon. ill go look for em (same people that did your sonic coupons)

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
ive always been interested in how faust and potemkin played but ive though about picking up robo-ky as well. sadface at no Kliff in AC T_T
i've played with them. they're fun characters. i'm getting AC+ with has Justice and Kilff in it.

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
yea man, pogo and pot buster combos all day. though i never got the hang of potbuster => "fire glove?" or heavenly pot buster combos. just couldnt input commands fast enough

Gum

Smash Journeyman
yea man, pogo and pot buster combos all day. though i never got the hang of potbuster => "fire glove?" or heavenly pot buster combos. just couldnt input commands fast enough
Hey speaking of GG, have you played that new game Battle Phantasia or wutever? It was made by the same dudes who did GG, so Im expecting greatness.

Top Bottom