• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
I played my cousin who lives in FL last night and I can't even remember how many times the lag affected me. I do remember that it pissed me the f**k off. Moves not comin out when I needed them to come out. But I did 3 stock him a few times though.

Gum

Smash Journeyman
you get used to the lag after a while. its actually pretty good times when you do cuz then you get to play good people from afar and ****. Anyways, Im trying to bust all yall's ***** in Brawl. can we get SOMETHING going with everyone before the tourney?

Cyrain

Smash Ace
Soo I have every intention of making it to this melee fest. Only on a few conditions, however, so someone should let me know if all of these are possible.
Everyone better ****ing enter the tourney xD
Ether has to come
And O-NO has to be able to house me for that weekend cause I'll prolly be taking a bus down.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
TOURNAMENT POSTPONED

Sorry everyone. Due to unforeseen events with the venue owner, he won't be in town this weekend. The earliest we can have this set up is the 19th of April. I'm sorry. He's sorry. But he's going to make it up to everyone. He's going to do some budgeting tonight and let me know what the deal is but from what I understand: venue fee will get you unlimited fountain drinks like I said, but you will ALSO get special deals on pizza and other lunch items [basically: prices reduced a lot]

And for future reference, this event will be hosted at Gusto's [which shares space with Time, he just wants it to be under Gusto's' name] I'll have a thread up soon with all the details.

Sorry to everyone who was ready for this weekend. This tournament will be awesome when it finally happens. I promise.

The venue owner also said that if this goes well, he's going to throw a summer league. 3 or 4 tournaments [and he's considering doing the all day thing like C3 for those events in the summer and then one big one with a huge pot =D]...

Let's make this **** good.

Israfel

Smash Journeyman
Soo I have every intention of making it to this melee fest. Only on a few conditions, however, so someone should let me know if all of these are possible.
Everyone better ****ing enter the tourney xD
Ether has to come
And O-NO has to be able to house me for that weekend cause I'll prolly be taking a bus down.
I want to play melee in tournament again, I miss it terribly. I had fun every match I played of melee at C3 and the same cannot be said for the brawl matches I played. So if these conditions can be met, I'd like to do whatever I can to come down too.

unrealperson4564

Smash Apprentice
Virginia Beach, VA ; I think I'm becoming a Sonic
And the nomination for most original brawl character lineup...

Can't wait to gimp everyone's talking, breathing, biodegradable, beyblade-incapable characters this weekend... and cnu is **** :)
Well I've dropped Ike(considering getting rid of toon link too) and am trying to pick up wolf and Dedede. I'm really uncertain about my mains in this weird game. :(
Pit has always interestet me with his unique moveset though.

I'm sorry pal.

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
Well I've dropped Ike(considering getting rid of toon link too) and am trying to pick up wolf and Dedede. I'm really uncertain about my mains in this weird game. :(
Pit has always interestet me with his unique moveset though.

I'm sorry pal.
dude, don't let schoolie get in your head, lol. play who ever you want to. I think he just gets too much Pit and Ike as it is, so he's bitter.

I miss being good. I won't have any time to play this week. But I'm willing to exchange FCs cuz I have like 5 friends as it is. that goes out to everyone.

pz

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
These are for those of you still who are still crying about Brawl's engine, or your cookie-cutter lineups (and since its from CNU, you can expect them to be flashy).

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000JVVT28

Or, if those don't tickle your fancy, perhaps a nice new pair of these would work better with those tears.

.... aaaaaaand cnu is still ****.

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
Vallejo CA! (for lowlifes that dont know) Teh Bea
And so the war began against brawl and its followers......

All i can really say about brawl, is i dont like it as much as most other fighting games. HOWEVER, i do still plan to learn whatever needed to be amazing at the game.

bottom line is....its smash, you cant hate it no matter how slow, gei, ********, or whatever.

in the mean time ill be working on my other fighters since ive been slacking on them.

Kathleen, Power stone 2 on sunday?

i have work this saturday. if theres a tourney, i wont be there ~.~

cyrain, israwr, i think you may be mistaken. thieres gonna me a BRAWL tourney/ fest or something this weekend. beside that, i can house you on sunday, im off work then.

also, since i dont think you either saw or understood the last time i posted this.....

I HAVE A SECOND JOB NOW CYRAIN!!!!!!!
you, KNOW what that means dont you......

toasty

Smash Hero
Thanks a lot man, when I get home I'll update that post with the stage listing that MaSHi gave me.
sad you can't make it though :( I haven't seen you since that friday fest before Brawl came out when I was there for like half an hour D:
that needs to change. and so does my lack of Ether. Although we do talk on AIM all the time about those god**** amazing Jabbawockeez ^_^

soooo good. I want to be as good at smash as they are at dancing, for real.

KitsuneKing

Smash Journeyman
Kaba Modern > Jabbawockeez > Brawl

Jabba's amazing but i do like Kaba's style better. soon enough i'll have the Jabba MJ routine down. woot!

so much trash talking! roflz meh im not really as motivated to play smash as i used to be. soo... me thinks i'll retire from competitive play. :D i must pursue my dream of being a dancer!

Israfel

Smash Journeyman
Ah, it's brawlzorz. I didn't really know what was going on. I just saw melee and posted rofl. I guess a fair bit more planning would have to be involved, what with mah classes and ****. Maybe I can still work something out, I dunno.

CStick

Smash Lord
I'm practicing Melee again along with a bit of brawl.

I have saturday off, so I should show up.

also, Otis: page 276 for you and page 276 for me arent quite the same :p can you make a postie on the front somewhere plz? I wanna play ;__;

toasty

Smash Hero
Kaba Modern > Jabbawockeez > Brawl

Jabba's amazing but i do like Kaba's style better. soon enough i'll have the Jabba MJ routine down. woot!

so much trash talking! roflz meh im not really as motivated to play smash as i used to be. soo... me thinks i'll retire from competitive play. :D i must pursue my dream of being a dancer!
I liked Kaba's style better originally...but yo, if you watch all of Jabba's videos back to back and then watch all of Kaba's................man...it's kind of sad. It's like Jabba's ****in top tier PRO craziness...and then Kaba is like a group of ****ing amazing...........amateurs. their choreography is sick though.

ANYWAY Jason. What you need to do is come to this effing tourney! Make it your last, if anything! even IVAR is showing up!!!!!!!!!!! That **** NEVER happens! cmonnnnnnnnnnnnnn

at the very least let me use your Wii for the tourney ;____;
plz?

<3<3<3

EDIT:
Israaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

come thru plz...I miss your sexiness (recalls spectacular ****) ^_^

KitsuneKing

Smash Journeyman
I liked Kaba's style better originally...but yo, if you watch all of Jabba's videos back to back and then watch all of Kaba's................man...it's kind of sad. It's like Jabba's ****in top tier PRO craziness...and then Kaba is like a group of ****ing amazing...........amateurs. their choreography is sick though.

ANYWAY Jason. What you need to do is come to this effing tourney! Make it your last, if anything! even IVAR is showing up!!!!!!!!!!! That **** NEVER happens! cmonnnnnnnnnnnnnn

at the very least let me use your Wii for the tourney ;____;
plz?

<3<3<3

EDIT:
Israaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

come thru plz...I miss your sexiness (recalls spectacular ****) ^_^
I'd like to go but.... wife. =(

toasty

Smash Hero
TOURNAMENT POSTPONED

Sorry everyone. Due to unforeseen events with the venue owner, he won't be in town this weekend. The earliest we can have this set up is the 19th of April. I'm sorry. He's sorry. But he's going to make it up to everyone. He's going to do some budgeting tonight and let me know what the deal is but from what I understand: venue fee will get you unlimited fountain drinks like I said, but you will ALSO get special deals on pizza and other lunch items [basically: prices reduced a lot]

And for future reference, this event will be hosted at Gusto's [which shares space with Time, he just wants it to be under Gusto's' name] I'll have a thread up soon with all the details.

Sorry to everyone who was ready for this weekend. This tournament will be awesome when it finally happens. I promise.

The venue owner also said that if this goes well, he's going to throw a summer league. 3 or 4 tournaments [and he's considering doing the all day thing like C3 for those events in the summer and then one big one with a huge pot =D]...

Let's make this **** good.

Israfel

Smash Journeyman
Yeah. Nelo, doll, cyrain, and I all prefer melee. I assume geos does too? Tope and Savedge like brawl.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think melee was as close to a perfect game as could be.

It just doesn't interest me anymore, cause I'm, already better than everyone I play with, so I'd like to learn something new.

Cyrain

Smash Ace
I always did feel bad for Tope since everyone in Richmond isn't very close to his skill level. When I try my hardest he'd prolly like 2 stock me. -_- Buuttt yea, I am accepting Brawl now, just unhappily. I think teams is fun and me and Tope had like barely played it at all before C3 and still took top5 in teams sooo yea. Im playing more for teams than singles, but I'm sure I can learn to love it maybe? Melee is better.

I love alcohol, by the way. x_x

The Fear

Smash Cadet
I agree, melee will always be a great game, but it is time for us to move on, besides brawl would be wack it was just like melee, change is good. The beauty of competition is learning to master the new current system of fighting to be the best. In order to do that for brawl you gotta seperate yourself from melee. sad, but its the truth

R.I.P Melee

toasty

Smash Hero
GAHHH OTIS don't ruin it like that, at least say "rescheduled to April 19th"!!! I mean, you could at least go to THAT one, right? I think a good number of others would be able to make the 19th cuz people have been coming up to me and saying they wouldn't have been able to make it this weekend anyway.
In a day or two I'll make a new thread for it and give you a link for it since a lot of people in SoVa just keep up with this thread and don't always go through Atlantic North to see what's new.
thanks

And Fear speaks truth. I pretty much agree with his point.

Speaking of which, I hear Hampton's ****, so I'm going to have to try and make it out there. Maybe Sunday? That seems to be my only good day for the next week >_>

The Fear

Smash Cadet
GAHHH OTIS don't ruin it like that, at least say "rescheduled to April 19th"!!! I mean, you could at least go to THAT one, right? I think a good number of others would be able to make the 19th cuz people have been coming up to me and saying they wouldn't have been able to make it this weekend anyway.
In a day or two I'll make a new thread for it and give you a link for it since a lot of people in SoVa just keep up with this thread and don't always go through Atlantic North to see what's new.
thanks

And Fear speaks truth. I pretty much agree with his point.

Speaking of which, I hear Hampton's ****, so I'm going to have to try and make it out there. Maybe Sunday? That seems to be my only good day for the next week >_>
That would be cool if I was in hampton, sadly thanks to VCU im stuck in richmond, im sure the other people in my crew would love to play you though toasty.

Speaking of which, Tope are you still gonna host triweeklies for brawl?

toasty

Smash Hero
yeeaaa I guess the same goes for Ether. He always keeps improving though, so raaaaape.
yeah my only hope for really playing him is to get a Wii so we can play Brawl...doubt he'd play Melee with me or anyone around here *glares in the general direction of Mangrove*. But I understand.

I miss Melee Pikachu...but his new upB trixies are effing insane. And man does he have a sluttyass taunt in Brawl haha

Cyrain

Smash Ace
I miss SoVa. =( And I miss playing melee with Ether. I hope he's not rusty next time I visit. I want some gooood friendlies matches and lots of them.

Top Bottom