• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

rhan

Smash Hero
Saan's 18 lmaoooo My bro isn't going anymore. Cuz he pissed off my mom.

The lil kid of SoVa definitely goes Wretched. <3

And he's one of the most legit hosts in the area.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
I'd say in general that the technically best player here is Ether.
Doug seems to be amazing at doing things within the basic parameters of the game. I think you'd be amazing at brawl, but that'd be wasted talent. Your playstyle reminds me of Aniki, actually.
Rhan plays young link and is ridiculous with dem projectiles.
I've seen shae's pumped up falco, and I really believe if you played more you'd be top tier.
Seriously.
PP/Bombsoldier level

That's why SoVa will wreck at Pound.
If only ether could go, though. If you played a bunch beforehand I could see you in the top 32+

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
If you've ever wondered why I am so bad but technically good, its because all I did for about 4 years was watch and learn smash without playing it with other people.
missouri is ****ty

The_Doug

Smash Ace
Doug seems to be amazing at doing things within the basic parameters of the game. I think you'd be amazing at brawl, but that'd be wasted talent. Your playstyle reminds me of Aniki, actually.
Haha thanks.

And yeah I think Ether would get into the bracket at Pound 5 also. I'd coach/support him all the way too which would be tons of fun.

Ether

Smash Ace
My supe might be able to get me Saturday off!! At which point, I just may go to Pound! But I mean, it is a lot of money. If I go, can I ride with Doug? I'm staying in the hotel until Monday. Also, it is confirmed that I can pay Plank at the door, right? I'm going to PM him to make sure. But I may go just to enter teams and friendlies.

Edit - eh, if I go, I might be stuck with a horrible pool. Might not be worth it. Or maybe just play doubles. I'll let you all know by the end of tomorrow.

rhan

Smash Hero
I believe he said there was a door fee. And 65 would get you in for venue fee/singles/doubles. PM him though.

We're just waiting on VGBC to post our pools.. >_>

The_Doug

Smash Ace
Good luck in pools sova. Try to make it to round 2 this time.
Good luck Max. Might text you Friday night or Saturday morning to see if you want to get a couple of friendlies in; I haven't played against a Peach in a long time now.

@Vince: Standing by.

Also if anyone wants to get some last minute smash practice at my place tonight text/call me 757 639 1563. 5pm-10'ish tonight I'll be free.

Linkownz

Smash Cadet
FB Shoutouts

--___---__--_-__Shoutoutzz__-_--__---____--
Rhan- Your YL was mad cute, i can't believe you didn't make it to round 3! And now your character beats hungryboxes o_O

Theo- RRgh, the weekend didn't last long enough. When are you coming back to visit? (dates plz, nothing vague)

Saan- So much improvement. You too 2 stocks off of amsah. Please brag.
Continue to practice technical skill, it's your only weak point! Fastfall, L-cancel, dashdance, wavedash, edgehog, edgehop. :p

KP- Dude, where did you come from? And then... WHERE DID YOU GO?! **** =[
♥ we need to team at the next tournament and bring back the DOUBLE FOX

Doug- I'm mad impressed. Pissed you didn't wreck fullmetal, but i understand the pressure... ugh. I was all alone in that third pool D:

Tope- Thank you so much for the support, omg you made me so hype in teams. My fox went crazy :D

Cyrain- I saw some improvements, but you still get hit with the f.throw -> F.smash combo lmao. yesssss ;)
good **** vs hax though... SOO CLOSE!

Tope's 5 o'clock shadow- your sheik is slipping a bit, but you still ****

Toasty- omg we didnt get to play at all! D:

Caboose- i watched you be a huge jerk to some pretty good players. teach them the matchup before you wreck them at least! quit bein a jerk... ya jerk

Ether- ugh.

Ace- didn't get to play, oh well :/

Side note--- Playing peepee was like yoga. My mind is open. My falco ... is not a joke ;P

rhan

Smash Hero
If you were in the FB group maybe you would have gotten a shoutout.

But yeah your Roy is mad adorable. <3

Also my second round pool consisted of:

DJ Nintendo
Raynex
Savedge
Rastlin
Sol

I heard of every single player then and I knew who each one of them played. I was boned then.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
FB Shoutouts

--___---__--_-__Shoutoutzz__-_--__---____--
Rhan- Your YL was mad cute, i can't believe you didn't make it to round 3! And now your character beats hungryboxes o_O

Theo- RRgh, the weekend didn't last long enough. When are you coming back to visit? (dates plz, nothing vague)

Saan- So much improvement. You too 2 stocks off of amsah. Please brag.
Continue to practice technical skill, it's your only weak point! Fastfall, L-cancel, dashdance, wavedash, edgehog, edgehop. :p

KP- Dude, where did you come from? And then... WHERE DID YOU GO?! **** =[
♥ we need to team at the next tournament and bring back the DOUBLE FOX

Doug- I'm mad impressed. Pissed you didn't wreck fullmetal, but i understand the pressure... ugh. I was all alone in that third pool D:

Tope- Thank you so much for the support, omg you made me so hype in teams. My fox went crazy :D

Cyrain- I saw some improvements, but you still get hit with the f.throw -> F.smash combo lmao. yesssss ;)
good **** vs hax though... SOO CLOSE!

Tope's 5 o'clock shadow- your sheik is slipping a bit, but you still ****

Toasty- omg we didnt get to play at all! D:

Caboose- i watched you be a huge jerk to some pretty good players. teach them the matchup before you wreck them at least! quit bein a jerk... ya jerk

Ether- ugh.

Ace- didn't get to play, oh well :/

Side note--- Playing peepee was like yoga. My mind is open. My falco ... is not a joke ;P
Ill be back either a week from this sunday or a week from this coming monday

one of those

If you were in the FB group maybe you would have gotten a shoutout.

But yeah your Roy is mad adorable. <3

DJ Nintendo
Raynex
Savedge
Rastlin
Sol

I heard of every single player then and I knew who each one of them played. I was boned then.
yeah i concur, but u did well

i am proud of u and shaden

The_Doug

Smash Ace

DJ Nintendo
Raynex
Savedge
Rastlin
Sol
Rhan who actually made it out of that pool besides DJN? Played him a bit in friendlies and his Marth and Pika are lethal.

Also I'm curious if anyone has links to the full R2 and R3 pools. I'd be curious to see who I would have played if I made it to a different R2 pool and/or R3.

rhan

Smash Hero
Raynex and Rastlin I believe. I know Raynex made it out for sure. DJN went Fox against me and camped lasers... -_-

I wish I would have played his Samus/Marth/Pika. Would have been a lot easier then..

Edit: I just checked the Pool results and it was Sol that got 3rd.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=298145

Apparently it went:

1) DJN
2) Raynex
3) Sol

Also 3rd round pool results didn't get posted due to Plank's comment on the results thread.

rhan

Smash Hero
YL v Jiggs is actually pretty easy. Armada even said he'd only use YL for the Jiggs match-up.

The_Doug

Smash Ace
I'm going to play more Marth this year. Seem to enjoy playing him a lot more; especially in teams. Both Azen and Strawhat Dahean were amazing to watch at Pound 5 and their styles are completely different. Eventually someone is going to combine those styles of play with M2K's 2007-2009consistency and create a juggernaut of a Marth.

YL is a nightmare for Peach to fight, so I can just imagine how bad it is for Jiggs. Armada's deadly accuracy with turnips definitely showed when he was throwing bomb after bomb. And now that I think about it, YL bombs probably have bigger hit boxes than regular turnips. At least I would guess so because they are a lot harder to catch.

Top Bottom