• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

rhan

Smash Hero
Not to be mean. But that's the honest truth. Kinda like how nobody in STARS could really beat anyone outside of crew ehn we first started then all you guys fell off for Brawl and we stuck with Melee. Then we wrecked faces because in that small time frame the metagame changed enough where we knew what was going on.

And even now. It'd take a while for someone that's been out of it for so long to catch up..

I'm not trying to be a diq or bash anybody. I'm just being honest.

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
Not to be mean. But that's the honest truth. Kinda like how nobody in STARS could really beat anyone outside of crew ehn we first started then all you guys fell off for Brawl and we stuck with Melee. Then we wrecked faces because in that small time frame the metagame changed enough where we knew what was going on.

And even now. It'd take a while for someone that's been out of it for so long to catch up..

I'm not trying to be a diq or bash anybody. I'm just being honest.
in the end, it would jus come down to the person. even without touching the game, i still know how to play, and how to think. the only thing i'd have to regain is some tech skill with certain characters.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ether - if you do not go to pound 5, I am no longer speaking to you

(I do not associate with scrubs)

[despite me posting in this thread often]

<3 SOVA

{except ether if he misses pound}

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
No i knew. I meant help him as in, HELP HIM.
not DRIVE him. you live on the same campus. car pool. damn seriously?
lol wait what? im genuinely confused - you replied with the spiderman epicfail thing and then posted this after the fact

also, carpools arent in my jurisdiction im afraid. ive never been one to bother setting things up for other people since i dont need any d.amn help being socially awkward myself. its his call to bother people for rides

also also: lol @ mashi inadvertently "starting ****"

Ether

Smash Ace

<3 SOVA

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-

fine, I'll see what I can do, lol

edit - nah, I already know there's really no way I can make this.

The_Doug

Smash Ace

Darn. If Tope can't motivate this man to go then I don't think it's possible. Toasty help me think of something.

Linkownz

Smash Cadet
in the end, it would jus come down to the person. even without touching the game, i still know how to play, and how to think. the only thing i'd have to regain is some tech skill with certain characters.
I don't believe you.

<3 SOVA

Ouch. Get 3 stocks taken again in crew battles :D

lolx. ya'll still going on about this? i just wanna get my melee fix in.
CNU smash this friday from 7 till whenever
hitch a ride cause I miss you

lol wait what? im genuinely confused - you replied with the spiderman epicfail thing and then posted this after the fact

also, carpools arent in my jurisdiction im afraid. ive never been one to bother setting things up for other people since i dont need any d.amn help being socially awkward myself. its his call to bother people for rides

also also: lol @ mashi inadvertently "starting ****"
i thought it would be funny
he's asking on the facebook sova group. but no one's responding.

You just lost tope
My happiness
AND your nametags for Pound 4 and 5.
*tears up pound 4 tag*

rhan

Smash Hero
Well the guy hosting that fest is just talking shyyt on everyone. I'm not even going though. More fun and important things this weekend.

Ether

Smash Ace
Okay, I'll really ask my supe, guys. I might stop in today on my day off to see if he can get me the Saturday of Pound off. But I'd still need housing, which I can pay for.

EDIT - IN A CRAZY TURN OF EVENTS, I have Pound's Sunday and Monday off. Currently working on getting Saturday off. I'm waitlisted 1, and I'm emailing everyone offering a $20 incentive to the first person who cancels for me. Updates later.

rhan

Smash Hero
Didn't Doug say he could do something about your housing? And if not I do have 2 rooms.

Also when you get there just give me 30 for the reg. I'm having it changed into your name now.

Edit: It's singles only though. If you're tryna do dubs talk to plank when you get there.

The_Doug

Smash Ace
Okay, I'll really ask my supe, guys. I might stop in today on my day off to see if he can get me the Saturday of Pound off. But I'd still need housing, which I can pay for.

EDIT - IN A CRAZY TURN OF EVENTS, I have Pound's Sunday and Monday off. Currently working on getting Saturday off. I'm waitlisted 1, and I'm emailing everyone offering a $20 incentive to the first person who cancels for me. Updates later.
703 418 1234 is the direct hotel number. Option #2 or #3 for reservations. The deal to get a good deal on rooms is still on-going.

Ether

Smash Ace
The hotel has been reserved.

edit - stupid skype. And Kris can't go.

Also, is everyone's car already full? I mean, that's cool, I can go it alone. Anyone need a ride? I'm looking to head up on Friday and come back on Monday.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Ether, when on monday are you leaving?
I couldn't go because I didn't have a ride who could get me back in time for school, unfortunately.
Is anybody coming back before early monday?

rhan

Smash Hero
Boose for sure will need a ride Ether. And Shae me n Saan will be up there Friday. Laijin's suppose to meet me there too. Kadaj idk if he's going up Friday or not but he's in my room. Idk what Alex is doing.

Wretched, if the Va Beach kids have school then damn.. lmao everywhere else doesn't that Monday.

Ether

Smash Ace
Registration for singles is $30, Rhan? as far as talking to Plank, I'd rather just have everything smoothed out with no issues and register for both doubles and singles online.

Also, this is quickly getting expensive, lol. This is like some $300. Tomorrow is the last day to register. If I get Saturday off, I'll do it; otherwise, I'm not going to.

rhan

Smash Hero
online reg price is much higher then 30 dollars now. But G-O's just selling it for 30 cuz he can't go anymore.

Signing up now will be a lot more expensive. Probably like 30 buks more then what G-O's asking for.

The_Doug

Smash Ace
The hotel has been reserved.
Oh man awesome!! I'm so fired up right now :D Yea it's expensive man, BUT IT IS WORTH IT! I can absolutely drive you up there if needed.

Wretched said:
Is anybody coming back before early monday?
I am most likely leaving on Sunday night like last Pound. Strange that your school doesn't have a federal holiday off.

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
wait a tic, doug i AM still riding with you right?
and if so, what time are you planning on leaving friday?

...well and rhan too what time are yall leaving since id need to meet up with you guys for the hotel

...this would be easier if STARS had a spot left in their car >_>

edit: im ******** and left out the most important part
ETHERRRRRRRRRR YESSSSSSSSSSS hope you make it!

rhan

Smash Hero
Don't know. Either he's driving up there on his own or he's getting a ride from someone.

Looks like everyone that's in my room is gonna be there Friday.

Theo you going to be there Friday?

Edit: Boose talk to Shae. Plus he lives in Newport News and Norfolk is kinda out of the way. Doug should be the ideal person or whoever coming from the southern part of the 757.

And to my knowledge we're going to be there Friday - Sunday night leaving Monday sometime.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
I am most likely leaving on Sunday night like last Pound. Strange that your school doesn't have a federal holiday off.
Oh, maybe we can arrange something.
Also, they recently put into effect that MLK day (which we didn't get off a few years ago) would be off, and that to make up for it, presidents day was off.
I wondered why and my english teacher (who is pretty much the closest thing to a leader other than the principal) told me that they replaced a holiday with all white people to make up for the fact that it was racially insensitive to not cancel school on a holiday that was predominantly celebrated by african americans.

but eh, thats just what he said.

Malco!!!

Smash Apprentice
Ether If you are driving alone I am coming with you and sleeping in your car.
This is the truth.

Wrecthed Are you talking about the fest friday? Or is there another one Saturday?
I wanna go to CNU but No car.

Ether

Smash Ace
I honestly don't think I can make it. I can't get Saturday off, and I have too many absences on my record as it is. As for CNU, pm me your address, and I can pick you up, Malco.

rhan

Smash Hero
Word. So everyone that's suppose to be in my rooms are all coming up Friday. Soooo legit!

Still don't know what Alex is doing.

But yeah I got a new number cuz I got a new phone. Just text/call me and tell who you are. That way I can tell people in my rooms where we're at.

757-897-4187

Edit: That sucks Ether. But it's understandable. I'mma wear your tag for inpiration!

SOVAAAAAA!

rhan

Smash Hero
I heard Chu was over charging people to stay at his place.. anyone know how much Famous is gonna pay going to Chu's?

Top Bottom