• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Southwestern Justice 2

goateeguy

Smash Ace
Results Thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/southwestern-justice-2.348893/
Claim your places for Smashboards rankings here:
PM: http://smashboards.com/rankings/southwestern-justice-2-pm-singles.473/event
Melee: http://smashboards.com/rankings/southwestern-justice-2-melee-singles.472/event

WE HAVE FOUND A VENUE:
University of Advancing Technology (UAT)
2625 W. Baseline Rd., Tempe, AZ 85283
Room 206/207

Melee, PM, and Brawl, Singles and Doubles. Timing will be tight, so please please please bring flexible setups (i.e. setups that work for Melee, P:M, and Brawl), power strips, and extension cords, and as much of them as you are able. There wasn't very high attendance for any Brawl events at SWJ1, but we still ran fairly late, and there will be a more significant Brawl showing this time around. Efficiency will be key.

Schedule:
10:30-11:30: Set-up
11:30-12:00: Doubles sign-ups. Anyone who has not either signed up or made personal arrangements with a TO will NOT be allowed to sign up after noon.
12:00-?: Brawl, Melee, PM doubles in that order. We will be focusing on one event at a time, but each event will follow the other very closely.
1:30-2:00: Singles sign-ups. Singles will not start until after doubles ends, but sign-ups WILL be due by 2pm regardless. The deadline is just as strict as it will be for doubles.
~3pm: Brawl, Melee, PM singles in that order. **Signups are due by 2pm regardless of when singles actually starts. Make arrangements with a TO if issues arise.
  • If, by some miracle, we have extra time, we may run a crew battle. That's a big "if".
  • We will run round robin pools only for singles events that exceed certain attendance numbers.
  • No event will be run with fewer than 8 teams or 16 singles entrants.
Rules
  • Apex stage lists and counter-picking rules, no items
  • Gentleman’s rule applies to stage selections
  • Melee and PM: 4 stock 8 minute time limit, tied stock on timeout is broken by percent, tied percent at timeout is broken by sudden death
  • Wobbling is Legal
  • Brawl: 3 stock 8 minute time limit, tied stock on timeout is broken by percent, tied percent at timeout is broken by sudden death
  • Matches are 2/3 until finals (losers, winners, and grand)

***There will be a one-time 1$ venue fee. In addition, there will be a 5$ buy-in for all events which goes to the prize pot. Bring your own controller***

Last edited:

Graymatter

Smash Cadet
I'm trying to get in this tournament... but I don't know anyone who goes to the ASU, could you give me your number so when I get there I can just call... I have a melee set up I can bring.

Top Bottom