• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

**South FL NSU Tournament- 03/01/08**

Linguini

Smash Master
NSU Tourney

The hottest tourney to hit SFL in 2008, not only is there free food, red bull will be sponsoring! So all you CFL, SFL ppl get yo azzes to here on march 1st and play some melee!

Miami: You all better come to this, miami vs broward crew battles and ur last chance to prove something, run that back.:lick:

Place: 2nd Floor University Center(Nova Southeastern University) Broward County.
Time: 1-7 pm (12-1 set-up, 1-2pm warm up, 3 for singles; Free play afterward till 7 if time left, then clean up.
Date: March 1, 2008 (a Saturday)
Ages: 13 and up. If staying after 5pm without parent or guardian and of age 13-17, then you need the consent form. Here is the link to download, print and bring to the tournament.

http://www.nova.edu/avacs/documents/...NIFICATION.doc

Remember, this is only needed if you are under 18 and don't have any guardian over 18 to look over you during the tournament.

Directions and Parking

Address:
Preferably

3301 College Ave
Davie, FL 33314-7721 (for free parking and its closer)

If you find or know how to get to the Library it is 1 dollar per hour

You get there by turning on 30th AVE if on University Drive

or by turning at Abe Fishchler AVE (30 st., which is a continuation from 30th AVE at University drive) at College AVE.

Other helpful things:

It is nearby BCC Central Campus and Nova High School

Here are the URL to getting to the university in general

http://www.nova.edu/cwis/campusmaps/maincampus.html

Here is the campus map

The building with the number 23 is the University Center in the map, the mailman Hollywood building is number 4 on the map and the Rosenthal is number 6 on the map. All are located in the lower half of the map and the free parking is at the East Main Entrance.

http://www.nova.edu/cwis/campusmaps/forms/campusmap.pdf

This is a much more simpler version of the map shown below.

The protrusion at abe fischler blvd (30 st), at the top portion of the map, that goes into the campus but looks like it went into nowhere is where the library is at. And the East Main Entrance that leads to the Free parking is on this map also.

http://www.nova.edu/facilities/shuttle.html

Here is how it looks like: (This is the back of the Library if your parking there)
http://www.browardlibrary.org/branches/nv.htm

This is the front of the University Center (the big long building is where the tournament is located. This is the mailman building entrance where the free parking is at.)

http://www.nova.edu/facilities/const...tos/00101.html

http://www.nova.edu/facilities/const...otos/0092.html
__________________________________________________ __________

Admission Fee: 10 dollars
Prizes: Singles only
$150 for 1st place
$75 for 2nd place
$35 Gift Card for 3rd

Free Food Provided! He's looking into ordering pizza for the event

Snack Store 1st Floor of University Center
Snack Area at the New Flight Deck in the University Center
Subway, Mama Leone's (Italian Restuarant), Jing Jong (chinese restuarant), Culinary Table, StarBucks and Coyote Jack's Grill in University Center

Singles Rules

Tournament Rules

•Double Elimination (Placings Decided randomly by picking the labeled ball out of a bag)
•All matches 2/3, with loser’s, winner’s, and grand finals 3/5.
•4 stock, 8 minute limit
•Ties broken by a match on the same stage, same characters with one stock.
•Items OFF
•Dave's Stupid Rule (DSR): No stage may be used twice in a single match, either by random select or by picking
•Stage Knockout: Each person knocks out one stage for entire set. This stage must be selected at the beginning of the match, after initial characters have been chosen.
•Advanced Slob Picks - Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may change characters
•Double Blind pick may be called at any time

•1v1 Neutral stages: Final Destination, Yoshi's Story, Kirby 64, Pokemon Stadium

•1v1 Stages banned: Hyrule Temple, Fourside, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Yoshi's Island 64, Big Blue, Green Greens, Mushroom Kingdom 1-2, Termina bay (Great bay), Jungle Japes, Yoshi’s Island, Onett, and Venom

1v1 Counterpicks: Fountain of Dreams, PokeFloats, Rainbow Cruise, Kongo Jungle 64, Corneria, Kongo Jungle, Mute City, BattleField, Brinstar

-- Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be disqualified from the tournament.

-- Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer.

--Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch), or any glitch or trick that freezes the match or makes it in any way unfinishable are banned. Using them will result in the immediate forfeit of the match.

-- Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to maneuver around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned.

--You are responsible to BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER.

I'm still getting everything worked out to see how many I could get, but this is how many tvs. I could get if all goes to plan. Any help in bringing extra tvs will be helpful.

-Im posting this for Honors, get at this tourney, its going to be mad big!:chuckle:

Honors

Smash Journeyman
I spoke with the AVACS president. He's making the prizes as followed

150 first place, 75 for second place, and 35 gift card third place, this is what he promise whether Red Bull sponsors us or not.

I'm having the flyer approved so that it could be distributed, so hopefully this week or early next week I'll put it up.

I spoke with the library, they'll be providing 2 tvs.

I'll be checking on the SUB for the other 3 tvs, and check the HPD to see how many I could get from them.

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
Ehh this looks interesting, ill see if LA isnt too lazy to go to this.

Ares.

Smash Journeyman
you should prob add that honors wont be participating in the tournament so it runs smoothly, ( I believe it was quite chaotic for the last one. )

Honors

Smash Journeyman
Linguini: When you get a chance to put up this link for the updated consent form.

http://www.nova.edu/avacs/documents/RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNIFICATION.doc

Lord Kenshin: Good to hear from old school smasher that's interested. Correct me if I'm wrong, but were you a Former Foxhound member with foxhound, shadow, etc.?

Important!!

Just a reminder. Remember that I will have AVACS staff helping out, so it is important to bring the form if you are under 18 or have an ID with you if over 18. I'll be giving out more details later how we're going to organize this.

Lord Kenshin

Smash Apprentice
is honored

Yep, thats correct old foxhound member Im dusting off the old controller for brawl. Getting ready for serious play again once brawl comes out (Im sure a lot of veterans feel the same way)

Lord Kenshin

Smash Apprentice
Hey its Kid Beast!

Yo man how you doing? Still playing Ganon? I played brawl the other day, I loved it. Don't worry I've been keeping up my smash skills in tip top shape especially with brawl coming out soon. Cant wait for that game, I miss tourny life.

Honors

Smash Journeyman
Hey Kenshin, if you get a chance, to notify Foxhound, Shadow, and other former foxhound members or friends about this tournament to see if they're interested.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
March 1st you say? Hmmm we'll see if I can make it. I'm trying to conserve some money for my girl for when she comes back from Michigan. Anyways, if anyone from SFL wants a ride pony up some gas $$. I hope the noobs show up, cuz I need the money, so money match meh.

classic zero

Smash Cadet
Im there !!!!!!
i can bring a cube and try to bring some ppl
this sounds awesome....i think nova (Davie) is a good location
good thinking Lin

Honors

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for your support! Let me know if you know any additional people are attending. I'll be updating and bumping the other thread for equipment and attendance purposes.

Spider Sense: Don't worry the moment I get the flyer approved, I'll post it here so that we all coud spread all over the city in lan centers, gamestops, high schools, Universities, etc.

Ares.

Smash Journeyman
Someone bring in brawl D:

Anyways im trying to decide if I should go all fox or all marth, I want to go fox, but I want to show people my marth too :(

azianraven

Smash Journeyman
ill be there with a GC.

those consent forms again...i know its not too much trouble, but i dont want to bring a form and not see them being collected...

Honors

Smash Journeyman
Okay I'll add you up. I'll bump up my thread so you could see the attendance.

ColBol: Let me know if you or anyone from CFL are coming or maybe coming.

Azianraven: I did picked up the forms, maybe because I was still setting up (and I believe you were there early), I only took noticed of the people that came in after. I do encourage you to bring the form, because I'm going to ask SUB to seal the event so that we would have one entrance where we will have someone taking the consent form, checking ID, and collecting money to enter the area and writing their names down to enter the tournament.

Update! 2/15

I spoke with Red Bull, they be giving a case of Red Bull to the event to be used in whatever form, and will have people bring red bull to the event.

I made brackets with numbers so that the numbers will designate where the loser will go. This will aid the tournament to run more smoothly, and I spent time making sure that the chances of facing someone again would be very slim unless you are at the semifinals where the chances depends on the winners from the previous round.

I'll be speaking with SUB today to see if they'll be able to provide tvs and I'll be speaking with the AVACS president and the secretary to see if they have done their part of the job on getting the event venue and checking the flyer with the NSU lawyer. Since AVACS, is having a meeting today, I'll be asking who will be there at the event.

I wanted them handle the responsibilities so that they would know the process of doing the tournament (which is rather simple), but If they haven't done it, then I may decide to take matter into my own hands.

I just want everyone to be clear on this

I'm going to ask SUB to seal the event so that we would have one entrance where we will have someone taking the consent form, checking ID, and collecting money to enter the area and writing their names down to enter the tournament. I know it may be a hassle, but I'm trying to make it as organized as possible.

Remember if you are under 18 and you have anybody by blood over 18, or legal guardian at the event, you don't need the consent form.

If you have questions or concerns either respond or pm me if it is more personal, and I'll see what I could do. As you know, I try my best to make this as successful and as fun as possible, and I hope the end result would reflect on it.

Honors

Smash Journeyman
SpiderSense: Sure, anything helps, the more the better

Linguini: If you can to convince Tipman, team 1-Dahman, and the west palm people to come

Update 2/15

I spoke with SUB, they'll be able to close the venue, so that it will have one entrance and they'll provide their three tvs. The venue is confirmed at the 2nd floor at the UC.

5 people will be helping out at the tournament.

Johnny (president)
Linett (VP)
Juan (treasurer)
Katherine (treasurer)
Ryan

If you guys are willing to help set-up, you'll have to be there at 11am. It'll be getting the tvs. from the locations needed to the UC.

All that is missing is the approval of the flyer from Katie Blanco.

Top Bottom