• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

South Bend/Michiana Bi-Weeklies, no more...

Grand Champion

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't mind hosting though I've heard stories about places getting trashed after a tourney.

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
When Squared held them at his house, we averaged about 15 people each fest, and everyone was pretty respectful of property. So, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Right now, our proposed location is the Irish Hills Complex on the southside of South Bend.

KishSquared

Smash Master
Grand Champion is Ken. He came to the first Smash League, so he should know how it goes...

Also, this is entirely BlueBlade's venture. I gave him permission to use the name since I didn't really have any intention of restarting these. So yeah, I'm not actually involved other than to hopefully show up and play now and again.

I mostly just wanted to clarify so that if you have questions you ask him. Carry on, TBB!

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
Hey, just in case Irish Hills doesn't work, is anyone willing to hold SBSL in their home? And if you live in an apartment complex, let me know the deposit and the payment for the building that is held for large groups. (I believe it's called a community center or something like that)

Fletch

Smash Master
I'll show up to these with my roommate, I'd host but we're still stuck in the dorms here at ND

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
Alright, for those of you who do not wish to join our forums, here is our first date and location!

Saturday, October 20th, 2007
Noon - ??
Notre Dame Campus, LaFortune Hall, Notre Dame Room (2nd Floor)

Fletch

Smash Master
Did you realize that is not exactly the best day to host it, as it is during the USC game?

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
Well, if it has to be done on the 20th, and people do not want to be on a crowded Notre Dame campus, including while USC is playing there that day, we will move to Trinity Evangelical Free Church (the home to MELEE-FC) that day instead.

PicoZX

Smash Cadet
OK, I will first say that this is, at the time, unofficial, but it likely to happen.

I am going to attempt to restart South Bend Smash League in 4 weeks (Saturday, October 20th). The only problem we have at the moment is finding a place to hold it, which is why we have this nice 4 week cushion.

What we are looking for at the moment is interests. We need to know how many people are interested and may be attending. This event will happen on a bi-weekly basis. There will also be a $5 charge to cover for food and drinks and possibly the cash prizes for the Christmas and the August Final tournament.

Once we get our location, we will post it. Other than that, if your interested, sign up!

By the way, if you attended SBSL when Squared held it at his house, then you need to come to this! It's pretty much the same thing, except not at Squared's house.

EDIT: Have questions? PM me or post them below.
What?
I don't get it.
Argh..

Fletch

Smash Master
Yes, most people will be leaving on the 21st, is there any way you can prolong it another week? It's just a really bad weekend to host this...

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
I could try... but depending on the number of people that are leaving will help determine this. We currently have 20 people signed up, and I currently know of 3 people that are not going to be attending. If we lose close to half (at minimum of 8), I will think of rescheduling. But at that time, I will also take a vote to see if people wish to prolong an extra week or so. Don't forget however, the more sessions we miss, the less pot money there will be at the Christmas Tournament. If everyone is OK with that, then we can miss this week and go for November 3rd, or do the next two weeks in a row (27th and 3rd).

Grand Champion

Smash Apprentice
I think the 21st is fine regardless of people leaving for break.

How many are predicted to leave though?

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
That is what I am awaiting to find out. If we have half of the people missing, then it would be pointless to hold it. Half of the people would have 0 points and the same people that went to the first session could keep going on a streak where they always finish in the top 3. I want to try to give everyone an opportunity. Otherwise, we'll figure it out later once I figure out who will be missing.

Grand Champion

Smash Apprentice
If ND students are just driving and they want to enter, then they should stay over for the tournament. Flights would be a different story if they reserved already for Sun., but we have already announced this for weeks now. Assuming the 20 students who signed up aren't ND students, then that's sufficient to hold a tournament.

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
OK, it's time for Majority Poll on the first session! You have three options to select on:

1. This Saturday (October 20th, original date)
2. This Sunday (October 21st, rain date)
3. Next Weekend

THIS POLL IS OPEN UNTIL APPROXIMATELY THURSDAY @ 11:59 PM EDT. I will accept Late votes until FRIDAY @ 12:15 AM EDT. After that votes past that time will NOT be counted, unless otherwise stated by myself.

We currently have 20 people signed up and are planning to attend. That means that a majority for one category, a category must have AT LEAST 6.7 votes, or the category with the most votes ending at 12:15 AM EDT Friday. The category that is chosen will be LOCKED in and CANNOT be changed anymore. I just want a date to start and a date to keep it going every 2-3 weeks. Thanks for the help!

FYI: I will not vote on this. I am only taking opinions.

Top Bottom