• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sos! We need controllers

DaemonFang

Smash Lord
THIS IS AN SOS SIGNAL GOING OUT TO ALL SMASHERS IN THE WORLD, ALASKA HAS GONE DOWN TO 4 USABLE CONTROLLERS. IF YOU HAVE ANY, PLEASE SEND SOME. WE'RE DYING OUT HERE.

The ****ty game stores that we have here are completely out.

we'll even pay for shipping and handling...

rhan

Smash Hero
Just buy Amazon controllers. Or order a white controller. They're legit and worth the money.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
not a troll thread (or at least i think so. PLUS its alaska), they even posted this on Eggz's wall on facebook

DaemonFang

Smash Lord
Just buy Amazon controllers. Or order a white controller. They're legit and worth the money.
there are very few new ones, and the used ones i really dont trust for obvious reasons.

What's the address? :confused:
ill PM u about that

.... I'm always posting this, and don't understand why people don't remember it. Nintendo sells official gamecube controllers through their online store.

http://store.nintendo.com/webapp/wc...l=null&tranId=0&jktranid=&rpComment=&dropOff=
O.O this helps a lot thanks

lastly, this is not a troll thread. we're being completely serious. not only that but it doesnt help that one of our controllers was stolen at APEX >.>

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
.... I'm always posting this, and don't understand why people don't remember it. Nintendo sells official gamecube controllers through their online store.

http://store.nintendo.com/webapp/wc...l=null&tranId=0&jktranid=&rpComment=&dropOff=
http://www.amazon.com/Official-Nint..._1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1296450385&sr=1-1

apparently the white controllers are on amazon now so no need to order from play asia anymore and pay for shipping from japan
white controllers suck **** lol. every one i have ever used has been terrible.
white controllers are good

ive been playing with the same purple controller for about 7 years, but i feel it wearing down. id say it lasts me for another month at most. i really have no idea if i should order a platinum one or a white one. some people say the white ones are awesome and others say theyre horrible. i tried one out for a match at a tourney and it seemed fine to me :(

The_Doug

Smash Ace
ive been playing with the same purple controller for about 7 years, but i feel it wearing down. id say it lasts me for another month at most. i really have no idea if i should order a platinum one or a white one. some people say the white ones are awesome and others say theyre horrible. i tried one out for a match at a tourney and it seemed fine to me :(
Funny I'm in exactly the same boat years later. Had my black controller for 9 years, and it feels really weird to pick up any other controller and use it for smash. Would be awesome to get lucky and find one of the older purple/black controllers brand new out of the box at a flea market or garage sale.

I did have a platinum controller and it got stolen at either TG5 or TG6 years ago, but it definitely had strange L and R springs and makes L cancelling slightly different. Maybe because it was a 2003-2004 special edition one? Regardless I don't recommend the platinums because of this "defect".

Was very tempted to order a white controller but have heard bad things, and there's even a rumor circulating around that because of the cord length, it has some kind of minor, random input lag. It would be cool to get some confirmation and see if this is true or not.

Mizar

Smash Ace
I bought a black one from playasia like 2 years ago. Its legit. Jeapie and Fernandez use white too.

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
White controllers work fine, everyone needs to stop QQing like little baby back *****es.

I have used many of them, a couple mine ( I would still have my first, but left it on accident when i moved ), but many being fellow smashers from pittsburgh or houston/denton.

Windrose

Smash Lord
White controllers are expensive...had I known about the platinum ones I would've gotten that instead. Also, not sure about you guys but my friend and I both experience input problems with the white ones. I've had over a year and a half to break into it but it still doesn't jump when I try to sometimes and I am not sure why it is happening but it is frustrating. I don't think the cord length makes any difference. Current is very fast.

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
All of the good boards I've had were originally from black shells.

The control stick box is the only thing that is really important and can't be interchanged between boards.

People severely underestimate how important the button rubbers are, and how to evaluate them. I'll do a write up on it all one day. :)

Edit: Oops double post!

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
cactuar, i've seen you post about this topic before, and I kinda disagree about the box changing concept.

What if someone bought a new white controller, but wanted the shorter cord length and old color shells? If you put the new "white" boxes, the buttons, etc onto the old board, wouldn't that work fine? Since the white controller was new to begin with, you never would have any memories of those buttons.

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
cactuar, i've seen you post about this topic before, and I kinda disagree about the box changing concept.

What if someone bought a new white controller, but wanted the shorter cord length and old color shells? If you put the new "white" boxes, the buttons, etc onto the old board, wouldn't that work fine? Since the white controller was new to begin with, you never would have any memories of those buttons.
What is it exactly that you are disagreeing with me about? I never said anything about a controller not working when you move the boxes. The controller will work, it just won't feel like your old controller even though you have the same boxes.

I tell people not to move those because it changes the drift when you do. The looseness and the movement threshold (sensitivity) are usually the same so long as you don't take the control stick box apart and reassemble it. For someone wanting to preserve how their old controller felt, moving the box onto a new board is a huge no-no.

Also, I haven't looked inside of any of the new white ones. Does anyone know if they have the screw in boxes or the soldered in boxes?

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
Devil Ray, aren't you Ray Chun from the Midwest? Why are you in Korea? (Lol. I'm half South Korean.)
yup, i'm ray chun from chicago. i'm currently teaching english in Korea right now. i'm Korean American, which is a pretty sweet for living out there. but sadly, i'm pretty much the only source of pure melee in the whole country :(

cactuar, the white ones have screws instead of solder. i guess you're right about the "old feel" part, but i find moving the boxes and parts useful when i just want the freshness of a new controller. you should definitely write up a thing about controllers, most smashers have no clue how easy it is to open up the gc controller.

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
Devil Ray check out the South Korean thread in the international boards. There are a few melee players there.

roosterrat

Smash Cadet
I've been using the same original purple controller since 2005, but the rubber on the control stick is gone and now it cut's my thumb.

Zoler

Smash Ace
lool this thread is epic

"THIS IS AN EMERGENCY, WE'RE ALMOST OUT OF CONTROLLERS"

Stev

Smash Ace
So speaking of opening up controllers, does anyone remember that thread a while ago that had triwings for like a buck or something including shipping? Was that a temp deal or can I still hop on that awesomeness?

Top Bottom