• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sora: A new perspective on why he might make it

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never stated it couldn't. I just said that gravity was a law.
A scientific law is closely related to scientific theory - it's merely advanced to the point where it can say that it's been shown. You say that Wikipedia is unreliable, but why? You honestly think that the likely dozens of people thoroughly editing it aren't physics nerds as well? Gravitation is nothing more than a step above a theory. Just like a theory, it can be shown to be completely wrong - and, like I said, it could be completely different from what they believed it to be (ie, it could be "tiny invisible magnets" for all we know).

BananaNut

Smash Journeyman
Gravitation is nothing more than a step above a theory. Just like a theory, it can be shown to be completely wrong - and, like I said, it could be completely different from what they believed it to be (ie, it could be "tiny invisible magnets" for all we know).
But we call the "invisible magnents" gravity. You pretty much summed up what I had to say there.

but now we're wayyy off topic.

Wing-Zero

Smash Apprentice
I one hundred percent agree but he may have a slight chance .my reasoning is that going for what is poplular is evident (sonic and snake). also the old look of pit was terrible (hes a melee trophee).personaly
sora would be a plus !!! also, i dont know if this was exactly stated but i remember reading that sakurai would like the addition of characters that are not only popular in japan and sora fits into that catagory.

finaly someone has a positive perspective :)

BananaNut

Smash Journeyman
When I went into my user CP, and saw Youko posted, I was afraid.

Hehe, same here.

Gravity is a spell in KH. so It shouldent be a problem if we talk about it :p
Yeah, it is acctually. . .

Maybe Sora's Down B could be gravity? Trinity limit has to be his final smash though.

The Kraken

Smash Cadet
I live under your bed, waiting for the lights to t
Although i am pro-Sora4Brawl, i think it would be quite difficult to get a moveset for him. All he has to use would be his Keyblade, and god knows we don't need another marth-like character for brawl. I am not against sora using the Keyblade, but Sakurai should this time add some more variety with his characters that use swords/blades. This is all just in my opinion though.

Arawanach

Smash Apprentice
something I tought about when I was thinking about Sora...

should he be able to glide like Pit, Charizard and Metaknight? as for those who have played the games, you can unlock the move glide in the first game... and what about he's recovery move was to use fairy dust from Tinker Bell? being able to fly up from the cliff? sure... it coudn't last forever like in Kingdom Hearts...

well... he's final smash could actually be master form from Kingdom Hearts 2...

he should have some of he's magic moves to... he could have he's ice, fire and thunder moves... and he's a-atacks were based on atacks with the keyblade...

but then... if Sora would make it... shoudn't Donald and Goofy be assist trophyes? and maybe king mikey to...

del-boy

Smash Journeyman
I would like sora to be in brawl but it would be very bad because SE has many more reps that have done things for nintendo when Sora has done little.

So Sora not for brawl every.

Pluvius

Smash Journeyman
That makes you really young. XD

I only remember his name from Kingdom Hearts, & then again in KH2. It's been a while since I've seen Mulan, & I barely remember it.

Pluvius

Smash Journeyman
http://imdb.com/title/tt0120762/

Oh wow, 10 years ago. Time flies so quickly. OK, so I guess... you're 16? I'm 19, so that still makes you a bit younger than me. I was figuring the movie was 5 or something, & estimated your age to be 13 or something, based solely on the math I did here. XD

Pluvius

Smash Journeyman
SE's chances of getting a rep are extremely low compared to other franchises, but, compared to other SE characters, Sora's chances are pretty decent.

Arawanach

Smash Apprentice
but... who else has the abillity to seal away evil like the way Sora do? I mean... we need the key bearer...

anyway... I guess another non-Nintendo character will appear... there should be at least three third party characters... and I just guess that we won't find out who it is before we play the game... anyway... it could be Cloud, to... and I just wonder... it might be possible that all third party characters can unlock another person from the same game... I would really like Sora and Riku on brawl...

maybe there is a very great story behind this... that we doesn't know about... maybe Riku is evil in this version and command the SE like he controlled the heartless. He's dark magic is awesome. That would make Ansem possible of being the last foe... and after deafeating him... you would unlock Riku as a playable character... I mean... if Ansem was behind all this... then it would make sense... and the story would be great. it could actually be that you started to fight first against Riku, then after deafeating him, you would unlock him and then in co-op, one of you controlled Riku and the other Sora... and just when they are getting ready to fight, then Mario and Sonic woud appear and Sonic would say "We take it from here. You go ahead and seal the keyhole". Sora shakes he's head. "No, I can't leave you behind..." he answers. "Common Sora, we don't have a choise. Besides, they will do just fine" Riku tells Sora. And they are running away to seal the keyhole. "Think you can handle this?" Sonic tells to Mario after Sora and Riku is gone. "Piece of cake. Oh... witch reminds me, It's been a long time since lunch". "oh, snap it Mario. We can eat later".

Pluvius

Smash Journeyman
There is no way in hell Cloud would be the 3rd 3rd party PC. He was in 1 game on a Nintendo console, & he was a mere cameo in that game.

Besides, SE isn't as tight with Nintendo as companies like Capcom are. Rockman is way more likely. Not to run in here & start shooting down your hopes, guys, but Sora most likely won't happen. I like him & all, though.

Pluvius

Smash Journeyman
It's a nice story, but it won't happen. Especially the part with Riku. A second KH character is even less likely than one of them.

Arawanach

Smash Apprentice
well... I can have hopes, can I?

but there might be a possibillity that with the third party members... they will take with them one other character from the same game...

I don't think anyone of the brawlers should be the only one from theyre games...

I mean... using a hole stage just for one person... I think most characters will have a partner... well... I don't think there will be another Yoshi character... besides... Mario is he's partner... Donkey Kong hasn't anything to do with Mario in the latest... except he's in the party games... so that's make it right for Diddy to be there... but Sonic alone and Snake alone...

just one tought... when you get invited somewere and you don't really know anyone there... is it usuall to not get the opportunity to take some friends with you? I wouldn't like to go alone to a party when I didn't know anyone... doesn't it stand somthing like this? "Your invited as a guest character for smash. You may bring a friend if you like to".

And besides... what would actually make Sonic stay that far away from he's friends. I mean... it works for Snake because he communicate with he's team... but for Sonic... if I get invited to a party, I would like to get the chance of taking with me someone...

just a tougth...

yea... but I guess I can count more on Bomberman to join brawl then Sora...

if Sonic is alone in brawl... then he must have a reason to be alone... either he got a message from Dr. Robotnik telling him to meet up alone... or maybe Tails and Knuckles got captured by this aliens... if they don't turn out to be playable characters... they should at least be able to be spotted in the endig movie or something...

I mean... besides that people voted for Sonic and wanted him in the game... he also needs a reason to be in the game that fits into the story...

Sonic won't waste any time without a good reason... everyone should know that...

but don't you agree that Sora would really fit in? and that itself would make Riku fit in to... have you seen he's moves? he could be a kind of alternative to Mewtwo... with the dark powers... not that the movement would be anything like it, but...

anyway... Kingdom Hearts is really popular... so there is a lot of reasons why Sora should be there...

that would unlock a lot of assist trophyes to... disney characters could join and some Final Fantasy characters...

at least Cloud would be an assist trophy if Sora makes it to the brawl... I guess...

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman
They'd have to ignore the Disney universe entirely to include Sora in brawl (Which is feasable). Also, perhaps it's just me, but Geno was one of the more popular characters on the polls, so I think he'd be the first SE character to be included since he is both popular and probably easier to obtain. If they were to get both, I'd be pleased. Sora possesses a unique weapon and then haley joel osment would be in my brawl! (lulz)

But, I'd much rather see Geno. He's more important to nintendo's history, had one of the highest votes on sakurai's poll, and there (this is an assumption) is not as much red tape involved.

EDIT: Also, most of his 'world' is based off locales in the disney universe. This complicates matters.

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman
omg... this is Geno? http://content.ytmnd.com/content/d/3/6/d3695802b8e9838eb707e240246dd12b.jpg

I have never heard about him... and he's ugly... and he doesn't look good for anything...

no, I think I prefer Sora...
Yes, that's Geno. And he hasn't really been given a graphical facelift since mario RPG, which is where that image comes from. I'm sure if he were to make Brawl, he'd probably come with an updated image to look more like he's on a Wii title rather than an SNES one :p

And if were going to base character chances off of how attractive they are, then K. Rool should be the first to get the axe :p

Arawanach

Smash Apprentice
well... that wasn't actually what I meant, but I mean that what's he's moves like? Bowser is ugly, yes... but somehow he looks strong to...

I'm not familiar with geno, but from what you say... it doesn't sound like he would replace any third party characters because he's from a mario game...

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Uh... Why is this thread still alive? I never inteded this thread to be the "official Sora thread" as it was made before there was an "official" thread for every character ever. There is already a new Sora thread that was actually made to support the character. So this thread no longer serves a purpose. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom