• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sopa

LCK :P

Smash Rookie
Link to original post: [drupal=4952]SOPA[/drupal]

So I'm sure most of you will agree that yesterday was one of the worst days of our lives... a worls where i cant access my favorite underground sites! i got a glimpse of that yesterday I literally CRIED myself to sleep I was so upset if they pass this **** im breaking every law and taking down so many government officials it aint funny

CrossfadingRage

Smash Apprentice
They're stupid and greedy...that's a bad combination seeing as the supporters of the bill are almost all rich anyway. They'll just bribe the government and the politicians to their side.

Sephirothxxx

Smash Ace
NNID
Royzourboy
3DS FC
4313-2332-7958
**** the government. If this bill passes I'm so with LCK's idea. This is such a Rage Against the Machine moment.

Smash Rookie
man i swear when IM wealthy ill make an underground empire of epicness that includes smash youtube and other sharing sites like this sites that were by the people for the people AND im still gonna rage mode on the government ill *****n buy assault rifles rpg's next gen tactical weapons and blow up the god d*m white house

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
So I'm sure most of you will agree that yesterday was one of the worst days of our lives...
Umm...what? A bunch of websites are down to protest a bill and it's one of the worst days of your life? I can't imagine you've had very much trouble in your life if that's actually the case.

Not to mention that it wasn't bad at all for me. Yeah, SmashBoards was down, yeah, it was somewhat inconvenient to have to hit escape while Wikipedia was loading to stop the blackout message, and yeah, it kind of sucked that I couldn't procrastinate by reading quotes on Bash, but it's not like there wasn't plenty of other stuff to do even besides the sites that didn't go down.

I'm totally in opposition to SOPA, but this clear dependency on the internet is kind of a sad statement on society. And the sad thing is that I know I'm not an exception to that.

Smash Rookie
ever heard of exaggaration? yea i could do other things and i did i have like 20 hobbies still the point im making is if they shut sites like these down and other underground ones love im done with our government im rebelling against it its already too far

Sephirothxxx

Smash Ace
NNID
Royzourboy
3DS FC
4313-2332-7958
ever heard of exaggaration? yea i could do other things and i did i have like 20 hobbies still the point im making is if they shut sites like these down and other underground ones love im done with our government im rebelling against it its already too far
Again, **** the government. This SOPA **** better not pass. The damn government just needs to **** off and leave the internet the way it's supposed to be: a way for us to have some good fun and get away from the everyday **** that is life. The government is part of that everyday ****, so why would they bother ****ing up our internet?:smash: Smash them all!

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
People say such silly things that I tend to assume that when people are saying something extreme and don't say anything about it being an exaggeration, I assume they mean what they say. It's also hard to interpret "literally CRIED myself to sleep" as an exaggeration, since saying "I literally..." is generally used to explicitly state that it is not an exaggeration (but silly me, I forgot that literally actually means figuratively).

Anyway yeah, censoring the internet is absolutely ridiculous, I agree. But the extent to which some people are reacting about this also makes me sad. I support the protests and trying to stop SOPA/PIPA, but it's a bit sad to see people acting like the internet is their life support. Then again, I'm often a bit of an old geezer in my attitude toward technology and how largely dependent we are on it.

Browny

Smash Hater
So I'm sure most of you will agree that yesterday was one of the worst days of our lives...
lol
a worls where i cant access my favorite underground sites! i got a glimpse of that yesterday I literally CRIED myself to sleep I was so upset
lol
if they pass this **** im breaking every law and taking down so many government officials it aint funny
lol

u craycray

Smash Rookie
BROWNY :D havent messaged you in a lil bit haha yes i AM CRAYCRAY!! >:O lol and yea i get your confusion because we have so many meanings for things now and i get that we are all to dependent on technology because all my friends who have cell phones text more then talk and ive never owned a cell so i get hwat your saying but still im mainly pissed if it happens because It's not my life or anything but it's still one of my many favored forms of entertainment well.... till i get an xbox then i prolly wont give a **** hahaha

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Men don't cry over things like this.

Also, am I allowed to wish death on people who threaten to 'take down officials' over a law being passed rather than try to be a productive human being who could work with others to get it taken down?

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
If it doesn't die it's your fault because you cried.

Also because you're not following Teran's advice. You know, that **** I called you out on because-oh **** me why do I even try.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Link to original post: [drupal=4952]SOPA[/drupal]

im breaking every law and taking down so many government officials it aint funny
If this isn't a bluff....you'll have bullets in your skull in no time.

Good for the rest of us.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Yeah....You kind of seem like a ******. There IS no shadows....this isn't 18th century France. If you go NEAR a political figure, there will be bodyguards watching your every move, not to mention you'll be screened before you can even approach them.

And, as the French taught us, revolution only causes chaos and it was years before they could set up a stable government.

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
man is not flawless meaning that our (security) is not flawless meaning if their is a window slot gap or opening in that security ill take it and make em pay
Man is not flawless. Man is also not 100% flawed, meaning that man is also capable of succeeding in goals. In this case, you have many men attempting to accomplish a goal.

Megaupload was under investigation for about a year now, but it seems quite coincidental that it shut down around that time.
Only time will tell what the fate of other websites hold.

:038:

Sephirothxxx

Smash Ace
NNID
Royzourboy
3DS FC
4313-2332-7958
Yeah....You kind of seem like a ******. There IS no shadows....this isn't 18th century France. If you go NEAR a political figure, there will be bodyguards watching your every move, not to mention you'll be screened before you can even approach them.

And, as the French taught us, revolution only causes chaos and it was years before they could set up a stable government.
So true:bee:

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
SOPA also saved musical artists and various other personages' ***** because you can get the same file that's on ITunes for free on some random websites.

I really need to make a blog on technology and modern convenience's affect on our society....

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Wait, the French taught us that revolution brings chaos? Our revolution served as an inspiration FOR THEIR REVOLUTION. This is **** people like you should remember if they're going to going around like they're some hot **** telling everyone how it is. Also, the sentence would be THERE ARE NO, NOT THERE IS NO. PROBABLY SHOULD REMEMBER THAT AFTER YOU CALL SOMEONE A ******.

Also, no, you don't need to make a blog on technology's affect on our society because almost no one here can actually take you seriously.

And LCK, you are threatening to make a government official 'pay' on a website over sopa. I shouldn't even have to kinda get into why that is stupid.

WHAT THE **** HAPPENED TO USER BLOGS. THIS PLACE USED TO BE FUN.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
But the French revolution just caused anarchy.

Also the U.S. didn't want bloodshed - Parliament and George III merely didn't want to negotiate with what they felt was an inferior power. Post trial and error, the U.S. Constitution was written, after seeing how weak and complication-filled the Articles of Confederation were. We didn't have a Robespierre to guillotine everyone who was a supposed enemy of the state.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
I'm very clearly addressing the fact that you said revolution only causes chaos, demonstrated by the French, even though that's how we gained our independence, so bringing them up to show a failed example of revolution seems kinda ****ing pointless, yeah? Yeah.

"Revolution only causes chaos, see how bad it went for the French? I mean sure it worked for us but hey that would ruin my point so shut up"-Foxblaze

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Our form of revolution was markedly different from the French revolution. We didn't just kill the British we disliked and parade their disembodied heads through the street - we tried being civil, but we eventually went to war in an orderly way, to the best of our ability.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
But it was still a revolution. Derp. You didn't say the French showed us the problems of an unorganized violent revolution, or anything like that, you simply said REVOLUTION.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Then I merely overgeneralized, although that's a pretty trivial point of error to base an argument on.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
SOPA also saved musical artists and various other personages' ***** because you can get the same file that's on ITunes for free on some random websites.
I buy my music (and almost always in CD format rather than digital download, to boot), but you're ****ting yourself if you think that pirated music is killing musical artists. The profit an artist makes off of actually selling their music on iTunes is fairly minimal. An artist keeps $.10 of a $.99 iTunes purchase after iTunes and the record company have taken their profit.

Also, get your head out of the sand, internet pirates aren't stupid. SOPA isn't magically going to stop pirating forever, it's just going to make it a little more difficult and then they'll find a way to circumvent it. The only thing SOPA is going to do is make it so that normal people can't use the internet freely, and will instead go to jail for something like putting a song cover on YouTube.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
SOPA isn't going to anything most of pirating stuff is based outside of the US because the corporations there push the government into throttling the swashbuckling fiends. Pirating is serious business! But Firus is right artists make like no money off of actual record sales that pretty much all goes to producers, artists traditionally make their money on tours and concerts.

So yeah I mean basically every torrent site is based outside of US, every site that might get in a bit of trouble with the US government generally tends to move to outside servers.

The USA may try stop its own people from pirating (an effort in vain with the download of simple applications people can pirate anonymously), but the fact of the matter is, the majority of people who pirate are actually people from every other country in the world lol, and copyright isn't taken as some divine law.

It's simple, the agenda is to snoop in and control more of its citizens' internet traffic (smart move), the move that wasn't so smart was the fact the government thought people would overlook the obvious invasions of privacy for something as petty as copyright. The reason the Patriot Act got passed was because terrorism and fear of attack is something people are willing to overlook loss of liberties to counter, but preventing a bunch of fat cats and attention *****s who most people believe are too rich for their own good and don't even deserve the extent of their wealth from getting richer isn't exactly going to motivate them to give up all their freedoms.

But Obama will find a way to screw you out of everything because he wants the government to control when you go to the toilet and when your sister gets her period.

Top Bottom