• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic: Will he ruin brawl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcman2020

Smash Cadet
Okay, before you start with the flames, I like Sonic and I have for a long time, and I admit despite a few crappy games recently, I still get a thrill out of Sonic being in brawl and look foward to fighting him/playing as him...

But of course, there are many people who are the opposite, and many people have said that Sonic ruined the game and they won't buy it anymore, and some have even threatened to throw away all their nintendo stuff if he made it in (before he was announced) or evil KILL themselves (this part is an exaggeration I know, but with some obsessive fans you never know)

So Sonic being in brawl has turned off ALOT of people who wanted it, and there's a chance that by the time the game comes out, many obsessed nintendo fans will not by the game and therefor the game itself might not sell all that well... sure, maybe anti-nintendo/pro-sonic fans might give it a shot, but only to play as Sonic...

So what do you all think? Was adding Sonic a bad idea? Has he ruined Brawl? Is anyone here still going to buy it despite him being in it? I know I will

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
Whoever says this stuff is a complete loser. Theres people I dont want in Brawl. and theres people I want in Brawl. If someone I dont want makes it (Iceclimbers, Pichu ect) I'll just end up beating them to a pulp when the game comes out anyway. so It dosent matter. They'll end up buying the game when there freinds are all like "OH MAI GAWD THIS IZ SOE AMAIZNG" and stuff.

Ninjabreadman out.

Cless

Smash Champion
If anyone is that bull-headed and stubborn that adding a character to a game will prevent them from buying it out of protest, I'd rather them not have bought it in the first place. I'd still buy a Street Fighter game if Ryu and Ken weren't in it.

Actually, that first sentence came out weird, but whatever.

SonicMario

Smash Master
If anybody is stupid enough to get the game only if Sonic is in it. Then good ****in riddence to those people on the Online play. They can even have the erge to have Sonic as a punching bag? They should be glad, to be able to hit him. When in the Olympics game you can only stab him with a Fencing sword.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Sonic doesn't ruin Brawl. From my view he adds to the diversity of characters and fighting styles. He brings new possibilities to Brawl. Those thinking one character will ruin Brawl, are either stubborn or stupid. Simple as that

BananaNut

Smash Journeyman
It won't make a difference.

Suppose all of those sonic-haters didn't buy brawl. Then they couldn't go to brawl tournaments, couldn'tregester on brawl forums (to talk about the game itself, not to spam.), and couldn't activly participate in the community.

Funny, it's like there were no sonic-haters in the first place. . .

SonicMario

Smash Master
I would think that the ones that still got it (The more smarter of the Haters), then they'll try everything they can to beat everyone who mains Sonic. And all the n00bs would probably hate Sonic (Or actually the player) more after being pwned by a Professional Sonic user.

NF Alex

Smash Journeyman
Anyone ******** enough to think that Sonic will ruin the game doesn't deserve to own the game anyway, so it doesn't really matter. :)

Baka_Shade

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, I think the people that intensely against Sonic's inclusion aren't anywhere near as numerous as you make it sound. Pretty much by the nature of their argument, they're pretty hardcore gamers (I don't think anyone else really cares about the sanctity of a franchise), and that hardly constitutes a majority.

Red&Silver

Smash Journeyman
i would buy the gamr if anyone was in
(as long as its not geno or WW link if any of those 2 are in i refuse to even try a free demo of the game and will sell my wii for something cooler aka psp :) )

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
Sonic won't ruin the game, and neither would Geno. These two characters will bring some great new styles of play. Sonic's speed, and Geno's abilities are just endless.

Bigbattle22

Smash Apprentice
Sonic doesn't ruin Brawl. From my view he adds to the diversity of characters and fighting styles. He brings new possibilities to Brawl. Those thinking one character will ruin Brawl, are either stubborn or stupid. Simple as that
Diddo, I think this will be the biggest thing Nintendo has ever done. A 10-year battle beween Sonic and Mario to be settled at SSBB, I think this is a dream battle many fans wanted, and Nintendo delivered. So stop with this "Sonic will ruined Brawl" BS. I think that Sonic has made Brawl better then ever. (Not saying that Brawl would be good without Sonic.)

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
These are the people who put the '*****' in '***** and moan.' And they produced the inspiration for the 'moan', too. If they don't buy the game, good. Means less shortages for us with good taste. And if they feel like turning on the creativity and make a picture of Sonic getting his head smashed in by their half-demon half-sayian all-painintheass avatar, fine. It's a free country. If they want to show everyone how petulant and pathetic they can be, I'm not going to stand in their way. I'll just laugh, knowing the Sonic has metaphorically lost his shiny red shoe somewhere past the artist's sphincter.

limitbreak

Smash Ace
*doesen't read the 1st post* Sonic can't ruin brawl matter fact it probly made 10000000 people wanna buy it
What he said. Your either a) on drugs or b) just writing a useless thread to compete with all of the other useless threads.

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
when he was announced my first idea was are they going to bring the crappy 3-d sonic games into brawl. now i have friends that are like OMGROFLOLSPERMEGAFUN! but i'm not that hyped bout him. I also thought that it could become a swaning spot for noobs. but then i thought one character can't ruin it. no need to get pissed just don't play him. so i'm not gonna really play him often but it isn't ruining it. if you don't like him don't play him. simple as that

SonicMario

Smash Master
Hey, speaking of stupid haters. I know a certain Anti-Sonic thread that can be totally laughed at now (It's been closed before Sonic waas confirmed though), It was made by someone named NeoSoul who hasn't posted much since Sonic was confirmed. I can provide a link if you wish (It's just fun to laugh at it now, even though back when it was open it wasn't a laughing matter)

First of all, where is he logic behind this statement?

Secondly, Smash Bros. games will sell well regaurdless.

I believe that people not wanting the game because of Sonic is actually the complete opposite.

Mr Sonicspeed

Smash Cadet
Hey, speaking of stupid haters. I know a certain Anti-Sonic thread that can be totally laughed at now (It's been closed before Sonic waas confirmed though), It was made by someone named NeoSoul who hasn't posted much since Sonic was confirmed. I can provide a link if you wish (It's just fun to laugh at it now, even though back when it was open it wasn't a laughing matter)
ohhh I want the link

SonicOfDarkness

Smash Apprentice
suffern new york yo no items no ****y stages i
all i have to say is your shot you fail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! big time 1. i dont give a 100 shi************s about any sonic hater if you hate him dont play him. 2. how dare you!! say sonic will ruin brawl is there something worg with your eyes or what. 3. and even if sonic sucks in game sonic will be one of my playable people so... you can go and suck a left!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!alright :laugh::chuckle::urg::mad::embarrass

BananaNut

Smash Journeyman
You didn't read the first post.
-.-

Has anyone heared of an INTELLEGENT disscussion?

Jisike

Smash Journeyman
Ugh, the sonic board is starting to annoy me...

Why is everyone focused on Sonic being in the game, and what affect him being in the game will have. and topics about the voice actor? ugh...

Point is, Sonic is in brawl, and what affect he will have is already set. why cant anyone actually talk about Sonic as a FIGHTER in the game? its annoying how its these threads that get all the attention, and no one feels like actively discussing any practical use for his moves. its a sad day when a topic about his voice actor is more active than one about his attacks.

and yes, i do realize that the game isn't out yet, and that there is not enough info to come up with any definitional ideas, but it doesn't mean people cant start. i mean, a lot of the other brawl character boards have a more active discussion about their character's moves, so why cant this one?

i don't know, i realize that im just ranting, but since this will be the first smash game i play from the day it comes out, i want to make sure im as prepared as possible, and i feel like these discussions are just wasting time...

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
Ugh, the sonic board is starting to annoy me...

Why is everyone focused on Sonic being in the game, and what affect him being in the game will have. and topics about the voice actor? ugh...

Point is, Sonic is in brawl, and what affect he will have is already set. why cant anyone actually talk about Sonic as a FIGHTER in the game? its annoying how its these threads that get all the attention, and no one feels like actively discussing any practical use for his moves. its a sad day when a topic about his voice actor is more active than one about his attacks.

and yes, i do realize that the game isn't out yet, and that there is not enough info to come up with any definitional ideas, but it doesn't mean people cant start. i mean, a lot of the other brawl character boards have a more active discussion about their character's moves, so why cant this one?

i don't know, i realize that im just ranting, but since this will be the first smash game i play from the day it comes out, i want to make sure im as prepared as possible, and i feel like these discussions are just wasting time...
No. Not really. Only a few of us have even gotten to play as him (E4all). What's the rest of us supposed to do here? Sit on our thumbs? Or do you want to see a thread asking about every insignificant little detail we could come up with?

Then again, the voice actor thing pretty much takes the cake, insignificance-wise.

Also, a lot of the other character boards that are more proactive in their discussion are boards about veterans, which are easier to discuss than newcomers.

Jisike

Smash Journeyman
I know a lot of people haven't played the demo, but still, you can get a lot of info about sonic just from the videos of him, especially the 9 minute one of like sonic dittos.

but really, besides the e4all topic about his moves, there are almost NO other topics about sonic as a fighter, and even that one rarely gets posted in... that shouldn't happen...

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
He won't. As a matter of fact, adding Sonic in was a good business idea and helped to attract people to buying Brawl. The rival between Mario and Sonic would be sweet to see on the T.V. screen and also playing as him since he'll be one of my mains. Not buying this game because of one character that you don't like is ridiculous.

Mr. Sunny Patch

Smash Journeyman
There were many characters in SSBM that I just didnt like (by many I mean Ice Climbers, Zelda, Peach, and Pichu) but I played it for years and had an absolute blast with freinds. So I will get this no matter who they put in or out. Even Sonic wont change that.

Mad555

Smash Ace
In Smithy's Factory Mains: Fox, Sheik Brawl Mains:
But of course, there are many people who are the opposite, and many people have said that Sonic ruined the game and they won't buy it anymore, and some have even threatened to throw away all their nintendo stuff if he made it in (before he was announced) or evil KILL themselves (this part is an exaggeration I know, but with some obsessive fans you never know)
do you even have proof of this information,
"slap","slap"

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
I don't think anyone could destroy Smash, especially not a single character. I personally love the idea of Sonic in Brawl, but for those who don't, you can do what I used to do with the Ice Climbers and Jigglypuff in Melee, set them as computer players and knock them around. Use your favorite character to beat him up if you dislike him! ;) Don't like third party crossovers? Simply use Mr. Nintendo himself to rough him up with a few fireballs!:laugh::laugh:
P.S. In recent times, I have come to realize that the Ice Climbers and Jigglypuff arent bad characters, I can beat my friends as Jigglypuff! Still, they're just not my favorite characters, no offense to their fans!

d0c926

Smash Journeyman
I like fast chartacter so Sonic is ok 4 me, and also no 1 character is going to slow SSBB, its going be good regardless who is in

MysteriousSage

Smash Cadet
Do the people who say that actually mean it?
If people are that extreme, then for every person who doesn't buy the game simply
because Sonic is in it, there will probably be another person who will buy the
game because Sonic is in it.

Rick88

Smash Journeyman
I know what you're talking about. Back before Sonic was confirmed, people used to say he would never make it, that they wouldn't buy it if Sonic was in it, etc etc. You would see it everywhere, especially on those fake "Sonic in Brawl" youtube videos.

But I don't think his inclusion will ruin brawl. While a few won't buy it for that stupid reason. Many others will. If anything his inclusion in Brawl will bring even more Sega and Nintendo fans together. Whether it's to do the legendary Mario VS Sonic match or to create the legendary Mario and Sonic team. That's my 2 cents.

balladofwindfishes

Smash Journeyman
I think sonic in brawl is like a dream come true. I can't wait to see if Megaman is in this, than it'll make it one massive amazingly fun time.

3rd parties add some freshness to the familiar faces of Nintendo. It shakes it up a little, making it so pretty much anyone can get in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom