• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Tournament Results CHANGING THIS TITLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuCKy

Smash Master
yeayuhzz i got first today :) but i went sonic/wolf......pretty much all sonic in winners and some in losers and wolf in finals lol

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Yayuhzz, I got fourth today. But I went Pit/CF/ZSS/ICs/A buncha other characters, except for Sonic.

Seriously guys, I'm bored with Sonic. I'm gonna drop him for a bit and come back to him. I'll still help when the community needs it, but he's kinda limited, due to low priority. D:

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Don't worry. I'll still say you suck.

Btw, for anyone that's worried that I dropped him because he's not good enough, it's not that. Sonic is definitely mid-tier stuff. Unfortunately, you have to think a LOT with him, and he doesn't have anything that's really easily abusable. Plus, aside from pivot dsmash from foxtrots, he's not particularly technical. I get bored easily, especially when I can't do anything flashy.

tl;dr- I want to be able to go on autopilot during some matches and still own, and want flashy kinda almost technical stuff that I can mess around with when I'm playing.

Example: http://youtube.com/watch?v=-0BPHc6HYvU&feature=related

Boxob

Smash Champion
Lucky suuuuuuucks.

Edit: I have a really good falcon match recorded that I want someone to upload., In the right hands, he can kill faster than sonic.

Boxob

Smash Champion
Boxob lives 2 hours away from me apparently.
Too bad I have no car. D:

I sent some replays to Dnes. All of them were against scrubs, so I sandbagged the hell out of the first one (Gumby is my inspiration <3) I fought a Rob, also with my falcon, screwed around with him then got serious towards the end. And then my friend (also over wifi) said Sonic was for scrubs cause he's so fast. So I three stocked him with Fox. Hopefully he can upload those onto youtube :D

Boxob

Smash Champion
Maybe. I should start going to those, they really arent so far away. It'd be cool to see some people from here, get some good lagless fights. When's the next one? I'll try to get to it.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i was gonna post a thread about this but i figure id ask here first....

whats up with this mr. 3000 guy?

where did he come from?
how did he win?
Did he go all sonic?
Does he know something we dont?
why is he winning with sonic when those of us on the boards believe that that shouldnt be happening?
is he on these or any other boards?
Is he the best Sonic right now?
If not, who's better than him?

i just find it weird that someone that ive never heard of just popped up and ran the table like that

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
I took 17th this saturday at the Watertown tourney. NFB.

Should of been up at least one spot(Not sure I woulda made it past a MetaKnight, since I've never had that match somehow, and the player was pretty good.) I made such horrible mistakes against a Snake I should have beaten. I think I carelessly killed myself like for times(2 were straight SDs, and two were just me being careless and jumping into a mortar and then landing right on a mine because I second guessed myself). Yes this is john's, but the Snake Player even said if it wasn't for the Self death that the start of the set and the other stupid crap I would have definatly taken the set.

EDIT: Not sure how many people were signed up though.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
i was gonna post a thread about this but i figure id ask here first....

whats up with this mr. 3000 guy?

where did he come from?
how did he win?
Did he go all sonic?
Does he know something we dont?
why is he winning with sonic when those of us on the boards believe that that shouldnt be happening?
is he on these or any other boards?
Is he the best Sonic right now?
If not, who's better than him?

i just find it weird that someone that ive never heard of just popped up and ran the table like that
this is why i made this thread, duh

I took 17th this saturday at the Watertown tourney. NFB.

Should of been up at least one spot(Not sure I woulda made it past a MetaKnight, since I've never had that match somehow, and the player was pretty good.) I made such horrible mistakes against a Snake I should have beaten. I think I carelessly killed myself like for times(2 were straight SDs, and two were just me being careless and jumping into a mortar and then landing right on a mine because I second guessed myself). Yes this is john's, but the Snake Player even said if it wasn't for the Self death that the start of the set and the other stupid crap I would have definatly taken the set.

EDIT: Not sure how many people were signed up though.
noob, johns, weak

when was it, yesterday? Saturday?

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Mr.3000 actually has vids on youtube. Search for "3000 sethlon", and you should find a few from there. He's definitely not a bad player. He plays rather conservative, but it nets him wins.

If nothing else, he's currently the most successful Sonic.

Btw, I guess you could add that I took 3rd outta 16 at CO's second Brawl tournament, going Sonic only. That was like... two weeks after release, though, so I 'onno. XD

SonicLucario

Smash Journeyman
My tourney for next weekend is cancelled :(
Found a new one to go to though on 6/7.A lot closer.Still plan on going all Sonic.
Minnesota=Not the biggest Smash scene

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Mr.3000 actually has vids on youtube. Search for "3000 sethlon", and you should find a few from there. He's definitely not a bad player. He plays rather conservative, but it nets him wins.

If nothing else, he's currently the most successful Sonic.
this is why i made this thread, duh
Ive watched all of his vids twice i think b4 i posted, and i know seth good cause i dabble in falco and ive watched his vids. he is good.

also 3000 does play conservatively but from what i can see his spacing and chasing game are pretty sick. with spacing like his, im surprised he doesnt play marth.

but where did he come from? where was that tourney he won? did he play melee?

thats what i want to know.

also, ill be movign back home as you can tell from the description to the left, so you should see some sonic tourney placings coming from me in the arena 51 biweeklies. although, i proly wont go all sonic, i love playing as lucario, and if the tourney allows infinites, ill be throwing down D3 on anyone who plays mario, luigi, samus, DK or bowser, for obvious reasons. but it will be mainly sonic

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
Tell me about it. I haven't found any tourny worth going to. I.E. I can only find people that are as good as my friends so there's no point in going to them.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Twinkle, whereabouts are you?

SL, I almost moved to MN this summer, lmfao. You guys have a decent sized scene, you just don't use SWF. D:

Kid, I ~think~ he's from TX, but I'm not sure. I know his name came up when people were talking about how TGM banned the IC CGs for his tournament series.

X, I'd probably agree with you, but I'll state that it's leagues better than yours, and probably most other Sonic players. I'm taking a break from him to unlearn bad habits, and see what other characters can do. You guys are gonna be kinda surprised at the characters I'm picking up.

Or not. Hrm.

SonicLucario

Smash Journeyman
SL, I almost moved to MN this summer, lmfao. You guys have a decent sized scene, you just don't use SWF. D:
idk.I don't really see much on SWF on MN but I do see some listings for tourneys on MN Smash.Most of them can be pretty far for me.

Also,What were you thinking?Not movingto the wonderful world of Minnesota:mad:.
;)

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
we have one of the most consistant character forums / played character, so we should really try to get some more of those people in here and SPEAK UP

pirateguru

Smash Apprentice
I got 5th at the San Garden Xpress tourney on May 24th. It was out of at least 16 people. (host has not posted full results yet)

Orange_Soda_Man

Smash Ace
I think I mentioned this before, not sure. Anyways, posting how you PLACE doesn't do jack ****. What will help is, basically a tournament report: What worked for you? Who did you have trouble with? etc. etc.
Just seeing "I got X place" doesn't do me or any other reader any good. We can be congratulatory towards you, but thats really about it. /rant

MalcolmM

Smash Lord
Boxob u should go to the NYC smash weeklies...i used to take the LIRR over there from school (Hofstra) b4 the semester ended...its not that bad like 13 bucks round trip? and its ALOT of good fun/practice. Its about 40 or 50 people every week but only 2 people go sonic so far (me n wes) =(

sonic needs more support boxob!!!...plus u get to b in the oddest state where Snake is 2nd to donkey kong (LOL BUM) =)

Boxob

Smash Champion
Hmm, it's really that cheap, Malcom? If so I can definitely go to each one, seeing as I just got a job lol.

MalcolmM

Smash Lord
Well thats jus transportation but yeah u should defintely come thru. the NYC smash scene is defintely the most fun...i mean i live in Jersey but after having so much fun during the school year i take all my friends to NYC cause its that much better (as far as hilarity and fun...im not trying to insult anyone in jerseys skill) than the Jerz scene. Also has alot of different matchups that people seem to play WELL. PC Chris and Cort come...Bum is there....Reno plays a good BRAWL shiek (and melee...) JMan and Hax come ...alotta names @ the weeklies so you should definitely drop by n show ur skills (i kno someone is gonna quote it as show your moves)

Here is the NYC Smash Weeklies Thread
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=96076

this weekly SHOULD b on saturday(it's usually on fridays) but controversy is brewing so who knows if we will even have a weekly ever again =(

oh and if u go...u will finally get to understand why i made that thread about sonic counterpicks and such lol. Jus for ur own help tho...against BUM or DK users in general ALWAYS BAN luigi's mansion.

Boxob

Smash Champion
Sounds good, I definitely would love to playany of the big names. If there's one this friday I MAY be able to get there.

So pretty much right off the the train I could walk to the place where they hold the tourneys? That'd be easy.

MalcolmM

Smash Lord
U get to penn...go to 6th and 34th (which is right outside of the station...like a street away) and u take the R downtown to 8th ave. then u walk up astor place til u get to chase bank and make a right onto cooper square. walk down cooper square til u c Web2Zone.

I dont kno if that sounds confusing to you, but I will tell you i've got NO KNOWLEDGE of the city and I was able to find it. If anything u could just get the stores # and call for directions when u get to penn. Most of the people who work during that time are smashers anyway =D

The weeklies are USUALLY on fridays but this one week its a saturday with the addition of brawl crews. Melee will b held on friday if ur into that and I'm gonna go and break out the Zelda one more time, but the brawl on saturday i'm afraid i wont b attending. There is a tourney here in jersey like 15 mintues away....cant pass that up lol. But yea if you are really trying to find some AWESOME competition offline....thats the place to go.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
PC Chris is gonna be there?
Blargh he's a bit.... annoying IMO.
It'll be my first tournament in a few months.

I am gonna suck so badly.

boxob don't worry if you need help getting around NY we can arrange a meeting and I'll go along with you.

Boxob

Smash Champion
PC Chris is gonna be there?
Blargh he's a bit.... annoying IMO.
It'll be my first tournament in a few months.

I am gonna suck so badly.

boxob don't worry if you need help getting around NY we can arrange a meeting and I'll go along with you.
Mommy says I can't talk to strangers.

But seriously, that'd be good, since I'm a noob when it comes to the city, I barely get a chance to go anywhere. Are you taking the train too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom