• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

sonic sucks online pretty bad (long post lol)

Deathwish238

Smash Apprentice
who here agrees? and before you go and flame me to death let me explain :)

i say this because i've been playing with sonic 95% of the time and i was really pumped to have brawl online well with all this lag i decided i'd have to get use to it just like everybody else.

so i signed up on wifi wars and sucked ballz for a good amount of my matches but hey i started to learn and i started winning more and if i lost they were really close matches. anywho i kinda get used to the lag but with sonic online you can't play half as effencient as you can with him offline!

i go over my friends house i don't even let him breathe, he falls down, rolls back, i run up grab, he falls again rolls forward f-smash, he jumps, i fair. sonic offline is a fricken beast especially if you can predict what people are going to do. and yea my friend isn't the greatest player in the world but he doesn't suck that bad. and i've played with my other friends that are better and i beat them more times than they beat me OFFLINE! and when im playing offline i can really punish people for their mistakes play my mind games right, dodge obvious attacks, ect.

so yesterday i get online to play and somebody wants a ranked match, i have beaten him before it was pretty close too so im like sure why not. i play right after i played offline...my god...was i frustrated i didn't even take a stock off, maybe he got better but i bet that if we would've played offline i would've done MUCH MUCH better probably beat him.

so point is the transition from offline to online is horrible ESPECIALLY WITH SONIC! and to adapt again you need to play a fair amount of matches to get used to the lag, yet when i play with ike that problem decreases much more than if i play with sonic.

thank you captain obvious i know i know...i just had to go through that whole rant because there's a really big difference with sonic online then with offline unless you're never playing offline then i guess you're used to the lag. NOBODY IS GOING TO READ THIS ITS TOO LONG W/E

Deathwish238

Smash Apprentice
i've won too its just that after coming back from playing offline to online there's a huge difference and you can't punish people with sonic as much as you would with him offline.

WFL

Smash Journeyman
In regards to the online vs. offline debate I suggest reading this http://www.wifiwars.com/?q=node/407. It's a post by overswarm, who won smash wars online, on the effect of online play on brawl.

I don't even own a Wii or brawl and i haven't played online so i don't know about the lag. I'm sure it really affects gameplay but you're both dealing with it so it sorta evens out.

edit: lol nevermind, you guys need to change avatars. I don't fell like reading the actual usernames.

Deathwish238

Smash Apprentice
yea i already read that and its true thats what im saying that a lot of things that you can punish ppl using sonic offline its much harder to punish them online like missing a grab or a smash its much harder for me to jump out of my shield and hit them with a fair online than offline. and it goes for them too but im focusing on sonic and his disadvantages when it comes to punishing ppl online if your not REALLY REALLY used to the lag. i WAS used to the lag UNTIL i played with my friends for 2 days offline. when i got back on i sucked ballz

Top Bottom