• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic, Spindash Cancel?

RyanEvi

Smash Cadet
NNID
RyanEvi
So I've seen many people who main sonic do this. I do not know if this is is the proper term (a spindash cancel) and if you do not already know, I'm a smash bros. noob, I have only started playing P:M around 2-3 weeks and from making the transition from Brawl to P:M sonic it was somewhat easy.

I just feel that the "Spindash Cancel" or whatever it is, is a move that would really help me get better with Sonic.

If anybody can help me to learn this technique would really help me out.

Nazo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nazoplex
I'm assuming you're referring to skip stop; just press the shield button during spindash roll (Down-B) to skid stop.

Any other kind of small question should be asked in the Sonic discussion/social thread, you'll likely get quicker answers that way.

RyanEvi

Smash Cadet
NNID
RyanEvi
i will do nazo but its not the skid stop i mean, i was somewhat loose on what i meant but i meant as in you down-b and the instantly stop on the spot and do another attack or jump into a d-air.
I know im badly explaining it but i have seen you do it in certain videos on youtube

Nazo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nazoplex
i will do nazo but its not the skid stop i mean, i was somewhat loose on what i meant but i meant as in you down-b and the instantly stop on the spot and do another attack or jump into a d-air.
I know im badly explaining it but i have seen you do it in certain videos on youtube
During spindash roll, simply turn around during acceleration and jump during the peak of the turn-around and perform a dair.

Last edited:

RyanEvi

Smash Cadet
NNID
RyanEvi
You're likely thinking of a wavedash out of down-B, as seen here. This is no longer possible.
Originally i was thinking of that but when i saw something it in 3.0 & 3.0.2 i though it was possible, but im guessing what Nazo said is what i saw. Tanks for clarifying that though

RyanEvi

Smash Cadet
NNID
RyanEvi
During spindash roll, simply turn around during acceleration and jump during the peak of the turn-around and perform a dair.
This is more than likely what i was trying to say, it just looked like you were wavedashing out of the down-b since you were able to instantly stop a down-b or instantly jump out of it into any of the aerial attacks.

But thank you for taking the time to help answer this question for me.

Pr0fessor Flash

Smash Master
NNID
Snake_Midwest
3DS FC
1993-8618-5171
So I've seen many people who main sonic do this. I do not know if this is is the proper term (a spindash cancel) and if you do not already know, I'm a smash bros. noob, I have only started playing P:M around 2-3 weeks and from making the transition from Brawl to P:M sonic it was somewhat easy.

I just feel that the "Spindash Cancel" or whatever it is, is a move that would really help me get better with Sonic.

If anybody can help me to learn this technique would really help me out.
Do you know how to wave dash than you just wave dash out of the side b

RyanEvi

Smash Cadet
NNID
RyanEvi
Do you know how to wave dash than you just wave dash out of the side b
Thank you for the reply but yes I know this now and have since i few hours after I originally made this post. Since then I have actually become quite the Sonic main.
I am actually planning on streaming and going to some smash tournaments soon.

Krusty Kid

Smash Rookie
I'm assuming you're referring to skip stop; just press the shield button during spindash roll (Down-B) to skid stop.

Any other kind of small question should be asked in the Sonic discussion/social thread, you'll likely get quicker answers that way.
Thanks Nazo, just what I was lookin for brah.

Top Bottom