• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Series Representation (Assist Trophies, Stages, Music, etc.)

Gimj

Smash Journeyman
Now that Sonic's has finally been confirmed. We can really go heavy on talking about what's in store for stuff from Sonic besides the roster which most likely is only Sonic himself.

I believe at least one or two of Sonic's friends will be assist trophies. I wouldn't mind if Tails was someone who could save you should you be blown off to the sides or fell down.

We already know Sonic Lost World's Windy Hill is a stage (The question is will it be there on both the Wii U and the 3DS?)

And of course everyone can't wait to see what kind of music representation makes it into the game. Personally hoping for some good tracks from Sonic Adventure 2 Battle (Ex: Crazy Gadget), Sonic Heroes (Ex: Mystic Mansion), Sonic and the Secret Rings (Ex: Unawakening Float), etc. Could we also see some more remixes of classic Sonic themes?

We also can't forget the trophy and stickers (if Stickers even return) that could be in this game too. So sit back and talk about what we hope makes up the Sonic content of the game.

Man I'm so on your page, I just realized how much I want the music from the game. My favorite Sonic game by far, and one of my favorites of all-time.

If nothing else from that game, I need this song:

Johnny Wellens

Smash Apprentice
Tails assist trophy would be the most fun. When the person who summons him gets sent flying off the stage he picks them up and flies them back. Having him disappear after he's summoned and then reappearing when the player falls off would be practical, but having him follow behind the character like he does in the games with Sonic would be an awesome touch. That is what I thought would happen when Sonic was announced, but it ended up being Shadow. Now that Sega is moving away from Shadow I have high hopes that it will happen this time.
I agree, Tails seems like the most logical choice for an Assist Trophy, especially since Sakurai likes to put so much emphasis on "history" in the game. Shadow is cool but not nearly as iconic as Tails.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
I agree, Tails seems like the most logical choice for an Assist Trophy, especially since Sakurai likes to put so much emphasis on "history" in the game. Shadow is cool but not nearly as iconic as Tails.
And Tails is nowhere near as iconic as Robotnik!... What, he's been around since Sonic 1, so...

Anyway, I'd be fine with either.

Chaosmaster8753

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ChaoticZelos3578
3DS FC
2750-1187-7177
I wouldn't count on Tails replacing Shadow as an assist trophy, especially if Green Hill Zone returns with him, Knuckles, and Silver intact.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
I wouldn't count on Tails replacing Shadow as an assist trophy, especially if Green Hill Zone returns with him, Knuckles, and Silver intact.
Yeah, can't believe I hadn't thought of that. But hey, score 1 for Eggman!... Just hopefully they'll do something that isn't the Deadly Six.

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace
Can we have a TV monitor as an item? Hit it and get either healing rings, speed shoes, a bubble shield or a fire shield.

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
If there is one item that can represent Sonic, it's a Ring. I know, my idea is going to sound ridiculous, but hear me out anyway.

Throwing this Ring turns it into a shmup-esque projectile, doing 3 to 10 points of damage depending on how hard you throw.
Ground: Forward makes it go as fast as Samus' Super Missiles, upward is a three-pronged spread shot, and tossing it down to the ground makes it a two-way shot.
Air: Same, except downward is also a spread shot.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
So. Let's talk about Egg-Robo.

Deadly *******, especially in Smash Run. But it's strange that, of all the Smash Run enemies we've seen so far, Egg-Robo is the only one that comes from a single area, not counting Sonic R, in the multi-game series it hails from. Sonic doesn't seem to get Motobug or Egg Pawn, the series's counterpart to Mario's Goomba or Donkey Kong's Kremlins and Tiki Tongs at this point, but instead Sonic gets Egg-Robo. Even Megaman got the common Mettaur.

Only reason I can think of for Sakurai to include the signature enemy to Sky Sanctuary is if Sky Sanctuary itself is a stage on the 3DS or Wii U. Which would be awesome.

(Unless this is all one big nod to Knuckles's main foe in S3&K in his story, but that's even more specific.)

Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I've always been around. :V

I'd just really like an SS stage, lol. Even if only for a brilliant SSZ remix.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
In a perfect world Ulala and Space Michael would be playable.
If Sega ever does get more playable reps outside of the Sonic series, NiGHTS would be a very strong contender for the 2nd spot (he/she is just as iconic as Sonic despite having only 2 games in the entire series (both are very underrated games), and NiGHTS has plenty of fans to back up his/her inclusion), Ulala would be 3rd on that list right there with Alex Kidd (I really hate Alex Kidd soo much since he reminds me too much of Scott Pilgrim wannabe (at least I like Scott's character it's just Alex annoys me for some weird reason), and if Alex ever gets in he's my personal punching bag), since I have no clue on who Space Micheal is, I'll place SM as an assist trophy for the time being.

schavira

Smash Journeyman
If Sega ever does get more playable reps outside of the Sonic series, NiGHTS would be a very strong contender for the 2nd spot (he/she is just as iconic as Sonic despite having only 2 games in the entire series (both are very underrated games), and NiGHTS has plenty of fans to back up his/her inclusion), Ulala would be 3rd on that list right there with Alex Kidd (I really hate Alex Kidd soo much since he reminds me too much of Scott Pilgrim wannabe (at least I like Scott's character it's just Alex annoys me for some weird reason), and if Alex ever gets in he's my personal punching bag), since I have no clue on who Space Micheal is, I'll place SM as an assist trophy for the time being.
lol you just suggested Michael Jackson as an assist trophy

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
If we got a Sky Sanctuary level I think I'd cry. S3&K is my all time favorite game and Sky Sanctuary is one of my most beloved stages and themes. When it got remade for Sonic Generations I was so thrilled.

:093:

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Two stages per third party? That'd be kinda wild. I do want more than just one stage instead of just Windy Hill for Sonic.

Windy Hill + Sky Sanctuary for Sonic's stages. Wily's Castle + Ruined Street for Mega Man's stages. The classic Pac-Man area for Pac-Man. Can't think of anything else.

I'd love for a playable tournament stage for Sonic.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Well, I think Windy Hill is getting a Final Destination form, if that counts.

SonicMario

Smash Master
I believe during the 3DS footage from E3 I saw a Metal Sonic Trophy. So so far in terms of Series representation we know:

Character
Sonic

Stages
Windy Hill Zone (Wii U)
??? (3DS)

Assist Trophy
Shadow

Music
Sonic Heroes
Windy Hill Zone (Technically not confirmed, but I don't think they'd include the stage without the music for it :V)

Trophies
Metal Sonic
Eggrobo

Smash Run Enemy
Eggrobo

Anything I'm missing?

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
I believe during the 3DS footage from E3 I saw a Metal Sonic Trophy. So so far in terms of Series representation we know:

Character
Sonic

Stages
Windy Hill Zone (Wii U)
??? (3DS)

Assist Trophy
Shadow

Music
Sonic Heroes
Windy Hill Zone (Technically not confirmed, but I don't think they'd include the stage without the music for it :V)

Trophies
Metal Sonic
Eggrobo

Smash Run Enemy
Eggrobo

Anything I'm missing?
I saw a Tails trophy as well.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
With Sonic having already been in the plannings for Smash 4 from the start, as opposed to being last minute in Brawl, this now means that other things can be improved on in this time.

The Sonic series had only one remixed song in Brawl. I'm salivating just thinking about the many remixes we're gonna get for Smash 4.

Since we have a current stage, current music is probably gonna take priority. That means songs from Sonic 4 Episodes 1 and 2 will likely be heard. A remixed medley of the three Splash Hill Zone Acts and the three Sylvania Castle Zone Acts would be a welcome treat.

And Sonic Colors music will be used. No question. Tropical Resort Act 1, Planet Wisp Act 1, and Reach For the Stars will get priority from that soundtrack.
The Splash Hill Medley IS AMAZING! But Brawl had a glaring lack of Escape From The City :c

Jords2Good

Smash Journeyman
I had some music I'd like to here get a remix. Sonic is known for having really awesome music no matter how bad or good the game is (of course a few exceptions sadly, Sonic chronicles) even Sonic 06 had good music.

I didn't pick the obvious ones like windy hill and sonic heroes. And I also think "Live & learn" and "open your heart" is a shoe-in.

I chose these ones that would fit windy hill as a stage and but still has that feel that your in a match.

Dr. Eggman Showdown - Sonic: Lost World

The Deadly Six Theme - Sonic: Lost World

Crisis City - Modern - Sonic Generations

Tropical Resort - Act 1 - Sonic Colors

Rooftop Run - Modern - Sonic Generations

Metal Harbor 1 - Sonic Adventure 2

Big Arms (Sonic 3 Final Boss) - Sonic Generations

City escape - Sonic adventure 2

Emerald hill zone - Sonic 2

Angel island - Sonic 3 (A new remix)

His World instrumental -Sonic 06 (plus I really like it)

Super Sonic Racing - Sonic R

Still many more I'd like to hear. But we can't have so much, even this list seems like a lot but sonic and snake got extra music in their stages in brawl than any other stages so hopefully we get more with all three 3rd party stages but mainly talking sonic though.

I was gonna post links but I can't do that yet :/

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Really if they just added anything that represented Sonic Battle more would be awesome.

Jords2Good

Smash Journeyman
I think the perfect moves for metal sonic as an assist trophy would be the same moves he use in Sonic generations when you face him as classic sonic.

Specifically this move.
Skip to 1:02

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Character
Sonic

Stages
Windy Hill Zone (Wii U)
??? (3DS)

Assist Trophy
Shadow

Music
Sonic Heroes

Trophies
Metal Sonic
Eggrobo

Smash Run Enemy
Eggrobo

Anything I'm missing?
Theres an Amy trophy and Green Hill Zone aswell

archedmaid

Smash Apprentice
If sega had a second rep it should be Gilius Thunderhead, but Knights would do.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I would love to see
Dr. Eggman/Robotnik as a Bowser Jr. style clone.

The spoiler is for those who haven't looked a the leak yet (although I imagine if you're visiting this site you probably have seen it)
That was immediately what I thought as well when I saw it, haha.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Since every stage has a stage hazard i would love to see Metal Sonic/Dr. Eggman appear in some way. I know what your thinking WAT BOUT THE DEADLY SIX. I really don't like the deadly six, i rather have someone much more iconic to represent Windy Hill better that that bunch. Anyway back to Metal Sonic/ Dr. Eggman. Either one would appear Eggman would appear in his EggMobile with the Ball&Chain. Metal Sonic would function like he does in Sonic CD/Sonic 4 Ep.2.

As for a NEW Stage
I really like @ Tornado_Man Tornado_Man idea of Generations Tour. But how about a New Stage based on Sonic Boom. i would personally like to see Chemical Plant Zone or Sky Sanctuary Zone make it in for 3DS stages. for a new Wii U Stage i would like to see the Egg Carrier from Sonic Adventure make it in.

For Music i would like to have
Kingdom Valley
Endless Possibilities
Reach For The Stars

There's just so much Great Sonic Music out there Sakurai and his team can use.

Top Bottom