• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sonic Says: Ultimate

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a0vbDboZuM It truly is going to be an amazing year for Sonic. This is a 2006 Sonic PC Port, this port will be fixing many issues and bugs of 2006. Like for example using Light Speed Dash and instead getting the bounce bracelet attack. Or some janky physics. So please if you can, support them in their donation site.
Whoa this actually looks good. I mean the graphics and animations still are the sort of cruddy '06 feel but really all that matters is how it plays and it seriously seems like what '06 should have been. I'd definitely get this would back it if i could (but i can't which sucks :( )

I wonder what Silvers and Shadows levels will end up like

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Whoa this actually looks good. I mean the graphics and animations still are the sort of cruddy '06 feel but really all that matters is how it plays and it seriously seems like what '06 should have been. I'd definitely get this would back it if i could (but i can't which sucks :( )

I wonder what Silvers and Shadows levels will end up like
I've played it extensively, and aside from a few minor differences (it's mostly based on the XBLM demo rather than the retail game) and a couple of graphical enhancements that come naturally from it being on PC, the game is 1:1 with the original game. It isn't any better.

Which is kind of commendable in it's own way on the part of the creators, because it's a scarily accurate remake. All of the same glitches more or less work and everything.

The creator said he is intentionally designing the game to be as close to the original as possible. When he's done though, he will make the code open source so people can tinker it and do what they want with it, like improving the game.

Last edited:

★ARKZ AGES★

Smash Cadet
NNID
ARKZ_AGES
I checked that '06 remake out and it's really something. It's exactly like the actual game which is either idiotic or genius - I can't even make up my mind about it. Absolute madmen they are.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I've played it extensively, and aside from a few minor differences (it's mostly based on the XBLM demo rather than the retail game) and a couple of graphical enhancements that come naturally from it being on PC, the game is 1:1 with the original game. It isn't any better.

Which is kind of commendable in it's own way on the part of the creators, because it's a scarily accurate remake. All of the same glitches more or less work and everything.

The creator said he is intentionally designing the game to be as close to the original as possible. When he's done though, he will make the code open source so people can tinker it and do what they want with it, like improving the game.
Oh well then i have to say it's a good job. I guess he might have to do that just to help avoid copyright for one thing as well as just making it 1:1

It will be interesting though once he has released it how people will change it so it's not actually broken

:135:

Luig

Confused
One thing I did notice is that the camera actually does seem to move and pan smoother than it does in the actual game, lol.

Or maybe I'm just crazy...
:lol:

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
One immediately noticeable improvement: the load times. Come on, guys, this is THE Sonic '06 meme - it's your sacred duty as Sonic fans to bring it up every time the game is mentioned.

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
But the Sonic 06 load times weren't that bad.
I...

respectfully disagree with your opinion on what acceptable load time is.

Still, the length of the loads weren't the sole factor at play - let's not forget the frequency at which they popped up. Doing a sub-mission usually ran several loading screens nearly one after another, and the main missions themselves often had a few loading screens to split them up. Some quick fact-checking tells me that pokecapn's full, unedited, 20-plus-hour Let's Play of the game had over two hours of loading screens, with an average rate of one loading screen every 2 minutes and 15 seconds. There's a reason Sonic 06's loading screen is the page image on TVTropes' Loads and Loads of Loading.

Sytal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sytal
Did anyone see the new trailers that came out with the Switch presentation? The first several seconds of the new Mario game had me convinced that Sonic Adventure was getting an HD remake.
Well, it was only slightly disappointing. The new game looks good.
I also managed to snag the last pre-order at my local game store. So I'm set.
If Smash does get ported to the Switch, I hope they at least keep gamecube controller functionality. Especially considering GC games are getting released on VC for the Switch.

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
I was kidding when I said that lol. Of course they're bad and too frequent for no reason. I did have the patience for them, though.
Oooohh. You had me fooled. >_>

Did anyone see the new trailers that came out with the Switch presentation? The first several seconds of the new Mario game had me convinced that Sonic Adventure was getting an HD remake.
Well, it was only slightly disappointing. The new game looks good.

★ARKZ AGES★

Smash Cadet
NNID
ARKZ_AGES
I absolutely love how Mario Odyssey looks. I like to think that Nintendo's returning the favor for Lost World.

New Donk City: The only city where every car is a taxi and every man and woman wears a suit.
Alternate name: New Dong City.

Last edited:

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Boozer the new MJ!

Seriously, whoever wanted to give Bowser that suit clearly has a good taste in fashion for our koopa king. That thing's got SWAAAAAAG!!

Sytal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sytal
On a similar note, apparently people are mad at Duck Hunt for beating ZeR0 during that event. I just hope as a Duck Hunt main I don't get digitally persecuted.
You shouldn't be. Seriously. If characters like Duck Hunt duo can be pulled off that well, it should be respected, not discouraged.
Whenever I see a rarely played character win or even just show control over the match, I applaud that player. Good for them!

On another note, after reviewing as much Nintendo Switch info as I could, now I'm curious : Is there any merit to the rumors of Sm4sh getting ported to Switch? I can't find any concrete interview or evidence that cements it as a fact.
Anyone got somethin' I'm missing here?

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
How can anyone receive hate for beating a Top Player?
Seriously, this community..... smh.
:196:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
On another note, after reviewing as much Nintendo Switch info as I could, now I'm curious : Is there any merit to the rumors of Sm4sh getting ported to Switch? I can't find any concrete interview or evidence that cements it as a fact.
Anyone got somethin' I'm missing here?
Apparently Reggie drop a "hint" that there is a potential for Smash on Switch (along with Animal crossing too).

I'd imagine there will be a Smash Bros eventually, but i doubt that it will be a new game. What i think it will be is sort of like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe except they will bring back all (if not most) characters that were cut from past Smash games

On a similar note, apparently people are mad at Duck Hunt for beating ZeR0 during that event. I just hope as a Duck Hunt main I don't get digitally persecuted.
Just tell any hates if they want some chips with their salt.

Seriously people like that really need to consider their life choices if the are outrage a commonly placed "bad character" doing exceptionally well against a smash "god"

All this does is give me hope maybe one day a Roy main could do something like this

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
You think that that's irrational? Well, I mean, it is, but take a gander at this:

People are mad at the the fact that Leo only won $5K at Genesis even though there was no pot bonus to begin with. Thank God that Leo is aware of his annoying fanboys otherwise I'd say something mean about him again (which I ironically hate having to do fyi).

On another note, can we knock off the 0.9 jokes already? I'm 1,000,000% with Camalange Camalange on the matter; it's a d***ish move and not even funny to begin with.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm out of the loop; can someone explain '0.9' to me?
From the sounds of it, a tournament recently had damage ratio set to 0.9 instead of 1.0, which apparently changed the outcome of a match (I'm not into competitive Smash, so I don't know how much of a difference that would make). There's some controversy about that, especially since the response of the people in charge of the tournament was to have only the latest match redone, with the reasoning that finishing the match and moving on to the next one meant that they were okay with the result.

I'm not sure of all of the details; I'm just going off an article that I saw recently.

Sytal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sytal
From the sounds of it, a tournament recently had damage ratio set to 0.9 instead of 1.0, which apparently changed the outcome of a match...
I wondered if that was what the '.9' business has been about. Thanks for clarifying.
While I'm still uncertain of all the facts, if there was an issue, I seriously think that there should have been a better form of reparations for the players affected by that mix up.

When knockback is changed, that in turn affects setup percents and kill percents.
Player practice and remember these percents, as understanding your options can change how you play (Using different moves, positioning, approaches, etc...).
One final consistent match doesn't fix the previous inconsistent matches, nor does it do any service to either player's skill and knowledge.

Regardless, hopefully this is a learning experience for future competitions.

★ARKZ AGES★

Smash Cadet
NNID
ARKZ_AGES
I wouldn't be surprised if most members here spent a great portion of their time on Discord. Especially since it seems pretty dead in some of these boards nowadays.

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
How can people be mad at a character for the missteps of a top player and the victory of a lesser known player? ZeRo played really poorly with an SD each game and the Duck Hunt player just kept his act together long enough to pull it through.
Here's my "every 6 months" post indicating I still exist in the forums.

:018:
I'm still surprised you lurk.

:093:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Obligatory hello from down here.
Any of you guys have a local scene who suddenly decided to run that suggested ruleset? :applejack:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Mine hasn't started yet. There are hesitations.

:093:

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
You mean the banning of Duck Hunt and Lylat Cruise? I haven't gone to my club this week due to...recent circumstances, but it would not surprise me at all if they did start following it full throttle.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Why?

I mean so many people are complaining about it that it makes no sense to run the ruleset.

Unless of course it is just to test how it is in which case fair enough

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Personally I think that banning lylat is dumb given how it was legal in brawl, and I'd argue that it was at least 4x jankier than in sm4sh. So the question is, if it's been a legal stage for so long, why is it a big deal now?

Top Bottom