• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sonic Says: Ultimate

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
Sonic's changes are fun, but Ganondorf got the best buffs by far. He's arguably stronger in BB than he is in Smash 4. Heavy armor on Ftilt? The Up-B swipe is a kill move? Dair buries grounded opponents!? Playing as him almost doesn't seem like a chore now. XD

Luig

Confused
I'm gonna play with my friend with items, make him use marths critical hit, and warlock punch him with super armor. I love how Luigi has a rapid fire fire. (LOL)

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
So, maybe someone here can answer me a question.
Was this confirmed fake? Real? Don't know?

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Nothing has confirmed it yet... But I'm not sure if it has been deconfirmed outright.

Not very likely, though.

:093:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
It caught my attention since I own a Sonic Amiibo. Thanks for the replies, despite no one knowing for sure.
Man that is a lot of GIFs in your sig.
Haha. I made all of them. Some are more crisp than others but oh well.

Superbat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Superbat3
Also about the mk MU from last page, it got way better after sonic got his back throw nerfed + info about how to use Survival DI correctly. (Kinda conflicted on this because I main sonic too but oh well) Majority opinion is that the matchup is even now but I still think its slightly in Sonics favor because of sonic's speed. In Customs though MK gets rocked :teeth:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I can't escape it...

I don't care if it's ironic to be in the Sonic forum of all places but I don't care.

This ****ing sucks.

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
It's a sad day indeed when yet another legend passes away. May you proceed directly to heaven, Iwata.

Quickhero

Smash Ace
NNID
Quickbobhero
3DS FC
4441-9316-1706
Celebrate the life he had, not his death. This man made millions of kids have their childhood realized, and for me specifically, Ocarina of Time is enough for this man to have a place in my heart.

Honestly, I'm quite jealous of a man who died achieving something nobody else could, both financially and in the sense that he has made so many kids happy via the games sent directly to them. Hate to sound super depressing, but in a world where a lot of people end up dying and only given press time because they died and nothing else, seeing a man remembered for his deeds makes me feel very happy, not sad.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The Kutthroats have set out to draw their character thanking Iwata for all he has done.

We invite you to do the same.

jordanm43444

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jordanm43444
Still hasnt truly hit me that Iwata has passed on.

His legacy was one to be followed, sure he made some questionable decisions. But his acts and past achievments have been truly marvellous.

Between reprogramming Earthbound and cutting the release window by an entire year, compressing Poke GS to make it not hold all of Jhoto but all of kanto as well, which was something GF hadnt even thought of doing (they could barely fit all of Jhoto).

This man was truly a legend.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
The Kutthroats have set out to draw their character thanking Iwata for all he has done.

We invite you to do the same.
Who?

Since we're sharing our sentiments, this is what I wrote about the matter on Facebook...
Satoru Iwata, the president of Nintendo, passed away. For those of you who may not be aware of his history, he wasn't just a personality or the face of a company. This was a man who loved playing and making video games. This was a man who dedicated his life to the company that made them. This was a man who had his hands in games that shaped many of our lives, such as my own. This was a man that when his company was falling short of fiscal goals, took a substantial pay deduction instead of firing employees. There are so many things I have Nintendo to thank for, and that is in part due to him. Iwata, despite Nintendo's ups and downs, and only being one man behind the curtain amongst many, is an inspiration.

"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer."

I also think stuff like this is amazing.

Screen Shot 2015-07-13 at 4.48.27 PM.png

jordanm43444

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jordanm43444
"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer."

THIS GODDAMN QUITE GETS ME IN TEARS EVERYTIME.

It's so beautiful that in todays day and age, there was a CEO that knew what they were doing when it came to developing games and making sure they were Quality Tested.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Iwata was a likeable presence in the Nintendo Directs I watched. You could immediately know from seeing him just how passionate he was. We dind't just lose a great CEO, we lost a great man.

Edit: I think a Miiverse picture of Sonic with the exact quote said in that Tweet would be most appropriate, @ Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei .

Last edited:

cerealkiller

Smash Journeyman
If he only knew how he made me happy...

The respect he got from everyone it's so honorable.

Let's celebrate that.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
11722470_10206056868214804_2367322656064940982_o.jpg

I shared my message and condolences at Nintendo World. If you're in the New York area, you have the opportunity to as well.

Thanks again, Iwata.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Something that might help for any Sonic fans that might be upset by Iwata's passing (or anything really) and need cheering up (Sonic Generations spoilers):

The official Sonic the Hedgehog YouTube account uploaded this.

Aaron Webber, we love you.

This should be a motivational video for Sonic players at EVO.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Yes I am, I am the one that started the chaos.

Also heres a bad Sonic model in the Unreal Engine 4. I now kind of want an open world sonic game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmhjqLxRIPs
I'm actually hoping to make one myself someday:

This was a little college project I made last year. I basically was examining a package of source code for UDK, called "Sonic GDK", and learning it's functions and showing examples in a test map. I'd love to make an open world Sonic game with this engine, it has almost all of the functions I already would need.

jordanm43444

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jordanm43444
I'm actually hoping to make one myself someday:

This was a little college project I made last year. I basically was examining a package of source code for UDK, called "Sonic GDK", and learning it's functions and showing examples in a test map. I'd love to make an open world Sonic game with this engine, it has almost all of the functions I already would need.
The main issue I have with the UDK/GDK stuff is that it controls way to slippery and odd. Atleast everything ive done or played with it.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The main issue I have with the UDK/GDK stuff is that it controls way to slippery and odd. Atleast everything ive done or played with it.
That's actually something that's completely customisable. You could literally make Sonic turn at perfect 90 degree angle on a dime if you wanted to. It's just up to the designer to find the best way for him to control.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Sonic physics+Luigi ice physics=speed of light
Random but... Are you going to EVO?

There's a luigimaster in my pool... lol. I really don't think it's you but technically I never asked so... Might just be another overused tag.

Luig

Confused
I'm 13. Do you think so? By the time I am good enough to go to Evo I doubt Sm4sh will be there. Oh, BTW good luck.

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I'm 13. Do you think so?
I've heard crazier.

Didn't think it was you though, lol.
By the time I am good enough to go to Evo I doubt Sm4sh will be there. Oh, BTW good luck.
There are people who are great at this game who are younger than you think.

But thank you.

Top Bottom