• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sonic Says: Ultimate

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm having a little trouble using Sonic with the Circle Pad (SO MANY SDs). Really excited to try him on Wii U though.

I still have a lot to learn though, since he has a lot more potential now.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Why does everyone assume that controls on wii u will be easier? The tablet/controller thing kinda reminds me of a N64 controller. I dont find the controls particularly difficult, it just hurts my giant thumbs if i play too long. Remember hearing ages ago about a GC adapter thing, anyone know how it works or when it'll be out?

Scourge The Hedgehog

Evil Sonikku
NNID
JayJayPlushie
3DS FC
2535-4437-8099
Why does everyone assume that controls on wii u will be easier? The tablet/controller thing kinda reminds me of a N64 controller. I dont find the controls particularly difficult, it just hurts my giant thumbs if i play too long. Remember hearing ages ago about a GC adapter thing, anyone know how it works or when it'll be out?
USB adapter which goes into the USB port for the USB thing to work USB wise. So much USB. After hearing a few people say there was no input delay with the GC Adapter I am completely game for it. And it'll be out maybe the day of or a couple days before the release of the Wii U version.

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
The USBVSDJWTFLMAOBBQ should resolve everything and let us have our precious GC controller back, thus, yeah, controls will be way better, obviously, duh, c'mon, step it up.

:093:

jordanm43444

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jordanm43444
I think im missing "You're too slow" a little to much now...

As much as I <3 Rogers Sonic voice.

Nothing will ever, EVER, be better than that line Griffth said.

(Though my PM Sonic Voice Pack has much better taunts, and I have a Roger pack)
"Awwww couldnt keep up? (STaunt)
That was pretty fun! (DTaunt)
Heh! (UTaunt)"

So I mean...the sound files must have exsisted already for these lines, and Sakurai choose the most meh ones for taunts QQ.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
So literally the only character I keep losing to is :rosalina:. She's more broken then brawl :metaknight:. I think she's banworthy...Thoughts?

:018:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
while we're at it why don't we just ban the 3DS version all together

jordanm43444

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jordanm43444
while we're at it why don't we just ban the 3DS version all together

I second this motion, I actually havent touched any other mode than trophy rush in around 3 days now. The 3ds version imo just feels to wrong to even be considered viable. Need mah one tru lov, gc controller <3

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
What have people been saying about using custom moves? Are they leaning towards allowing them or banning them?

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░░░░░▀▀▀██████▄▄▄
░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░█████████▄
░░░░░▀▀▀▀█████▌░▀▐▄░▀▐█ U HAVE BEEN FASTED BY
░░░▀▀█████▄▄░▀██████▄██
░░░▀▄▄▄▄▄░░▀▀█▄▀█════█▀
░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▄░░▀▀███░▀░░░░░░▄▄
░░░░░▄███▀▀██▄████████▄░▄▀▀▀██▌THE FAST MASTER
░░░██▀▄▄▄██▀▄███▀░▀▀████░░░░░▀█▄
▄▀▀▀▄██▄▀▀▌████▒▒▒▒▒▒███░░░░▌▄▄▀
▌░░░░▐▀████▐███▒▒▒▒▒▐██▌
▀▄░░▄▀░░░▀▀████▒▒▒▒▄██▀
░░▀▀░░░░░░▀▀█████████▀
░░░░░░░░▄▄██▀██████▀█
░░░░░░▄██▀░░░░░▀▀▀░░█
░░░░░▄█░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
░▄▄▄▄█▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█▄▄▄▄▀▀▄
▌░░░░░▐░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▄▄▄▀
░▀▀▄▄▀

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░░░░░▀▀▀██████▄▄▄
░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░█████████▄
░░░░░▀▀▀▀█████▌░▀▐▄░▀▐█ U HAVE BEEN FASTED BY
░░░▀▀█████▄▄░▀██████▄██
░░░▀▄▄▄▄▄░░▀▀█▄▀█════█▀
░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▄░░▀▀███░▀░░░░░░▄▄
░░░░░▄███▀▀██▄████████▄░▄▀▀▀██▌THE FAST MASTER
░░░██▀▄▄▄██▀▄███▀░▀▀████░░░░░▀█▄
▄▀▀▀▄██▄▀▀▌████▒▒▒▒▒▒███░░░░▌▄▄▀
▌░░░░▐▀████▐███▒▒▒▒▒▐██▌
▀▄░░▄▀░░░▀▀████▒▒▒▒▄██▀
░░▀▀░░░░░░▀▀█████████▀
░░░░░░░░▄▄██▀██████▀█
░░░░░░▄██▀░░░░░▀▀▀░░█
░░░░░▄█░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
░▄▄▄▄█▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█▄▄▄▄▀▀▄
▌░░░░░▐░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▄▄▄▀
░▀▀▄▄▀

SEND THIS TO 7 PPL OR UR 2 SLOW

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
"SANIC SPEED" - S4NIC 2014 - SM4SH

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I'll make sure to quote myself when :rosalina: bans are discussed within a year's time frame. Y'all are fools if you clearly do not see it.

BlueTerrorist

Smash Ace
I'll make sure to quote myself when :rosalina: bans are discussed within a year's time frame. Y'all are fools if you clearly do not see it.

I think it's because it's too early to be calling broken. Let's at least have a chance to come up with a counter before calling for the banhammer.

In any case, I got 4th in Nebulous NYC Smash weekly with Sonic. Hope to break into the top next time.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
If I wasn't so busy I'd be going to Nebulous too... I'm going to try this Sunday. Do they do Sm4sh any other day of the week?

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
If I wasn't so busy I'd be going to Nebulous too... I'm going to try this Sunday. Do they do Sm4sh any other day of the week?

You come back to Pittsburgh where you belong.

Is this specifically as Sonic or with other characters as well? I won't say she is or isn't ban worthy, as I think it's just way too early for that discussion. MK was ban worthy because he didn't have a single bad matchup and you couldn't cp him. I don't think we know enough about the rest of the cast to jump to that conclusion yet and we have no idea what to expect from the stages. I personally don't know enough about her or other characters to make that judgement.

Last edited:

infomon

Smash Scientist
It took years before we understood what MK was. Even though an MK ban may have been appropriate years into Brawl's life, the people who were calling for a ban within the first year were being scrubs. They had no idea; tiers were tears.

jordanm43444

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jordanm43444
Even when I played Brawl casually I used to tell everyone, if you pick MK I will murder you, mainly because one of my friends new about Nado and that ****ing upair

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
It took years before we understood what MK was. Even though an MK ban may have been appropriate years into Brawl's life, the people who were calling for a ban within the first year were being scrubs. They had no idea; tiers were tears.
Or maybe they just were ahead of the times.

The Pizza Guy

Smash Apprentice
Or maybe they just were ahead of the times.

They weren't ahead of times, everyone else was just too slow:troll:. But really I don't think Rosaluma is THAT unbeatable, people just need to get used to fighting around Lumas and waiting for an opening.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
I posted this in link boards earlier but got no response so I'll try here.
I won a bonus chance thing in spectator mode earlier today and won links standard 4, which was unnamed, and I didn't know existed. I went onto customiser and it wasn't there. I confus.

:054:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
What's crackin?
More like, "What's cookin?"

^ This is the first result if you Google image "winning steak". So proud of us <3
I posted this in link boards earlier but got no response so I'll try here.
I won a bonus chance thing in spectator mode earlier today and won links standard 4, which was unnamed, and I didn't know existed. I went onto customiser and it wasn't there. I confus.

:054:
what is a standard 4

what is the standard 4 what

True Blue

Smash Lord
NYOOOO! I wanted to say the 8 Player Sonic battle or ***********! lol.
Anywho. Shenanigans. And another thing, just realized this was the Social Thread. I thought the other thing I was posting in was the Social Thread. lol Unless this was just recently made.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Standard 4? Dude what you smokin
Absolutely legit. I wasn't drunk, for a change. Now I'm getting no mentions of bonus chance on spectator mode. I think I broke the game.
I think more customs in the works was a guarentee for DLC, maybe they ****ed up somehow. I'd just hope Sonic's aren't as pointless as they are at the minute.

Also Mewtwo hype

:150:

jordanm43444

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jordanm43444
The only Sonic custom Ii thught id like was double springs for UAir for days, turned out the double spring has really weird...everything

PsychoSy

Smash Cadet
Guess who's back back back? back again again again. :150:'s back back back. Tell your friends. xD (Sorry it had to be done...)

Last edited:

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
Would be great if people actually recorded and posted stuff in the video thread. I assume that will pick up with the wii-u release. I have some pointless wifi stuff. Sadly, I was too out of it to remember to record matches at the local tournament in my area.

Last edited:
Top Bottom