• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sonic Says: Ultimate

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Just got off of twitter and found out that an MKLeo fanboy blocked me on twitter because I said that I personally don't believe that he could be the best, even though I admit he has some relative potential.

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
What the frick? It's frikkin sammyclassicsonicfrick; his vids are hilarious. You fricks don't know good frikkin entertainment until you've seen this little frick. I mean, FRICK.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Guys i need some help. I'm trying to figure out which version of Sonic Generations is better to get

Xbox 360 or PS3

I know that PC is the superiour one out of them all and should be the one to get but unfortunately i can't really get a computer or a laptop at the moment that is well suited for game, but i might be able to get a new Console. It's just i don't know which one to get for a game like Generations (or even Unleashed)

Any advice?

:135:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Well yeah, i know i should get the PC version. But i can't yet unfortunately. I will though.

I just asked cause i heard Generations on Xbox 360 was better since it had less loading and did have frame rate issues

Sytal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sytal
I don't know about the PS version, but my brother got the 360 version, and it ran fine with no real issues.
So I will recommend the 360 version.
I got the game for the PC, but my specs make it hard to play comfortably.

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Is this a correct forum to be deep about in XD? Nah, but seriously, here's something I posted on Facebook a while back and time I tell smashboards this.

Here's something to listen to while reading:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDOfQQm_ofM
Now for the post:
"As much as I don't want to do this, it has to be done: I am going on a smash hiatus. Yeah, I am taking a long break from smash for a while.
For those who don't know, I am going to be a senior at high school. This wouldn't prevent me from playing if it weren't for the fact that I'll be taking an ICE at some point. Not sure where, but definitely soon. I have never taken any type of internship before, let alone one that I can get paid for doing, so it's best that I try to get the hang of my internship before I bring my focus to smash again. There's also the whole college application thing and all that jazz.
My other reason is that I am going to be section leader for my high school's pit percussion section in marchig band. That brings one HELL of a lot of responsibilities. And I'll want everyone to feel comfortable with the fact that I'm section leader after the previous one being such an outgoing person who everyone looked up to, was top 10 in her class, showed such phenomonal dedication, and always tried her hardest. That's difficult for me to compete with since I'm barely in the top 50% of my class and I'm nowhere near as social, so having a secondary career on the side will blow over everything, and I want to do everything that I can to make sure that our marching band actually makes it to state finals for once, show them how great of a leader I can be, and try to make everyone have fun while doing so, especially the newbies. This is also the time of year when life starts forcing me to accumulate what little money I have (so the ICE will help quite a bit) and I wouldn't be able to afford going to most tournaments anyways :p
As much as I love smash and want to have it as a future career in my life, I have to put it aside for stuff that is infinitely more important in the matter. I will slowly come back at around early November, which coincidentally I will be 18 and be going to tournaments a lot more since I'll actually be allowed to drive around the state instead of just fw (because otherwise my parents would have to drive me). By the time the second semester rolls around, I'll definitely start being more involved with the time I have in this state (since I'll be in college out of state), I'll get the hang of my ICE, and my schedule will be way clearer and I can go to tournaments. If I can go to the Xscape tournament next week, then that will be my last ride (unless if they host one more tournament before my senior year starts, then I'll consider going to that one). So with that said, here is my farewell for right now. I will see you when I see you."

As for a bonus message for you guys, the most I will do in game is lab when I have some time off from anything. I will still be on the boards, but everything I say for mu notes will be more in theory than usual. So until early November, farewell, SSB.

Last you will see of the NecromanceRr for a while.

DGAMER

Smash Apprentice
guys! someone just told me sonic players are the problem. not sonic. Wow.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Hey guys, it's been a while (I used to go by sonicbrawler182, recently had an internet name change though).

Some of you might be familiar with Source Gaming, the gaming website that posts articles on various gaming topics that got it's start in the Smash Bros fandom. They've had their articles on the front page of Smashboards many times.

Well, I was recently invited by the site's founder to write an article for the site, as part of the Sonic Week they are holding to hype up for the 25th Anniversary Party in San Diego this Friday, where we are supposed to be seeing Sonic's next big game get announced. That article will be going up later in the week, but he actually asked me to write another article later on, and that one has gone up today. I thought it might interest some people here, so if you have the time, give it a read, leave some feedback, and spread the word!

http://sourcegaming.info/2016/07/17/sonicunleashed/

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Sonicbrawler182 definitely is a familiar name. Do you have a YT channel?
Yeah, I actually linked it at the bottom of the article. :p

I don't upload much to it though. I also don't do anything specific with it. Just put random stuff on it.

DGAMER

Smash Apprentice
HBOX WON MEELE EVO YEAH!!!

Smash 4 was garbage though. Still, props to ally for winning.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Are you guys just as excited as I am about Friday? What game do you think SEGA will reveal for us? I hope it's the long waited Sonic Adventure 3... I've waited years for this game.

Sytal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sytal
I don't think we're going to get "Sonic Adventure 3." That's what Sonic heroes was at the time, both chronologically and in terms of what the game was in how it was played.
Another Sonic Adventure-esque game might be nice though. Excluding some buggy movement, I've always liked the controls for Adventure 2.

The Twitter Q&A a while back made me laugh so hard with the "Big's Big Fishing Adventure 3" bit. Literally perfect.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Are you guys just as excited as I am about Friday? What game do you think SEGA will reveal for us? I hope it's the long waited Sonic Adventure 3... I've waited years for this game.
The feeling when it's already Friday where you live but you have to wait another day cause stupid time zones

Great, but still can't beat the original:4lemmy:

:4lemmy:
I like the cover better :p

I don't think we're going to get "Sonic Adventure 3." That's what Sonic heroes was at the time, both chronologically and in terms of what the game was in how it was played.
Another Sonic Adventure-esque game might be nice though. Excluding some buggy movement, I've always liked the controls for Adventure 2.

The Twitter Q&A a while back made me laugh so hard with the "Big's Big Fishing Adventure 3" bit. Literally perfect.
I'm with you. Whether it is Sonic Adventure 3 or not, i would actually really like to see another sonic game with those controls, since they are honestly my favourite. And imagine if they did a combination of the adventure style with Lost worlds style (i.e the Parkour system and figure 8 legs). That would be mint

Edit: but honestly, I wouldn't mind if they had Generations Boost style. That game is just so fun!

:135

Last edited:

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
I've said it once, and I'll say it again: what Sonic needs is not Sonic Adventure 3. The controls were really good, yes, but those games have a lot of baggage that bogged the experience down, which we can see now thanks to being older and wiser.

Personally, I want another game like Generations. They had just perfected the boost-style gameplay with that one...and then they changed it come Lost World. Like, really? A new experience in that style wouldn't kill us, Sega!

Hockeyfan44

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shockwv478
Call me crazy, call me naïve, but I'd love to see a remaster, or some sort of return of Sonic CD (Sonic CD was the only good thing about the Sega CD.) I'd love to see Wacky Workbench, Quartz Quadrant and Tidal Tempest in HD, as long as the gameplay from the original is maintained,

DGAMER

Smash Apprentice
WELL TODAY IS THE DAY! AT 9PM WE START!

I'm probably more crazy, but I want a online multiplayer Sonic R sequel with Generations boost mechanics and Lost World parkour. If that gets made, buying it day one.

Sytal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sytal
WELL TODAY IS THE DAY! AT 9PM WE START!

I'm probably more crazy, but I want a online multiplayer Sonic R sequel with Generations boost mechanics and Lost World parkour. If that gets made, buying it day one.
That...that idea actually greatly interests me.
Sonic R wasn't fantastic by any means, but I enjoyed the concept. If they have another racing game where Sonic ISN'T in a car, I would be very interested.

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix

It lives, my friends. The next game is SONIC MANIA - a 2D game done in the style of Sonic 1-3&Knuckles. This actually looks promising, so I'll take cautious optimism as my approach.

And can I just say, Sonic's motion on the title splash at the end of the trailer is freakin' smooth. Like, wow, you almost can't tell it's an homage.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
If it was Generations 2 then they probably would've shown a stage we recognize. Right away I figured they were just taking the awesome gameplay from Generations and making a whole new slew of content with it. :applejack:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Cam was saying on twitter how it apparently wasn't generations 2. So what is it? Sonic resistance?
They confirmed after the trailer that it is not a sequel and is an original adventure.

That means, at the very least, that it's not just Sonic Generations 2.

Though tbh, i don't know how i feel about Classic Sonic in the new game. I mean, it's awesome and all, but his already getting his own game and would have been more awesome if it was Tails or someone else

But either way, it looks mint af. Plus it looks very story driven, which i am hype for!

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103

It lives, my friends. The next game is SONIC MANIA - a 2D game done in the style of Sonic 1-3&Knuckles. This actually looks promising, so I'll take cautious optimism as my approach.

And can I just say, Sonic's motion on the title splash at the end of the trailer is freakin' smooth. Like, wow, you almost can't tell it's an homage.
Seeing how Christian Whitehead, the same person responsible for the CD remaster as well as the 1 and 2 remasters, I have good faith in this game. It already looks amazing, especially in the animation department.
Studiopolis Zone's music piece sounds amazing. It sounds like something you'd hear out of Sonic Before/After the Sequel.

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
I saw the trailer for Project 2017. It looks pretty good, but until we get something more than a cinematic teaser trailer I'm keeping my hype for it on the backburner. Let's not forget that Sonic '06 had really good cinematics, hm?

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Yeah, they even said countless times before the reveal that this was not a sequel game.

Safe to say it's a brand new storyline with new levels, but featuring both Modern and Classic Sonic. It has an environmental aesthetic similar to Unleashed, which I dig.

This post-apocolyptic atmosphere, along with Classic Sonic's inclusion, leads me to believe we have yet another time travel plot on our hands, but this time, we're in some universe where Eggman has successfully ****ed everything up, hence needing to go through different timelines to prevent it from happening. This could help tie into the theme of "Join the Resistance". Maybe everyone has turned against Sonic in this universe as well, so the only help Sonic can get is from... Himself.

I've been theorizing a little if you couldn't tell, lol.

I'm mildly upset that they felt they needed to include Classic Sonic. I think they're still not fully confident in the Modern Sonic brand and are riding off the success of Generations without directly copping out and making Generations 2. The hype teaser is fantastic though, and the reveal for Classic Sonic is honestly awesome as hell.

It felt really good seeing a cinematic Modern Sonic running around in a badass way. I've missed that so much.

I can't wait to see more from it.

Sonic Mania just looks really pleasant. The art, presentation, music, etc. are all on point and do a great job at nostalgia-bombing while also giving us something new. I'm super excited for the new Drop Dash mechanic.

Also, as a Sonic community, it's our duty to name an advanced tech "Drop Dash".

I'm thinking whenever Sonic does a spin in the air and lands into a spin roll, we just call that a "Drop Dash" since that's literally what it seems to be in Mania.

:093:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Guys, what if this is new Sonic game is like the Flash's Flashpoint comics?

I.e Sonic runs so fast that he breaks the time barrier (this time not meaning to) going back and stopping an event in his past happened, therefore causing a parodox and breaking the timestream and creating this universe where Eggman (or Eggmans) win.

Top Bottom