• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Representatives

Status
Not open for further replies.

626key

Smash Journeyman
We all Know That everyones favorite blue hedgehog is in everyones favorite fighting game, but there are more fighters than just Sonic, there's Tails, Knuckles, even Amy, but who stands the most chance? That why were here folks.

spindash

Smash Ace
If anyone's getting the second spot of the Sonic series if there IS room, it's a tie between Tails, Knuckles, and Shadow. My personal vote goes towards Shadow most likely. Knuckles coming in close third. XD

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
This has already been discussed in so many threads. It will be locked. Everyone will say Tails has more of a chance b/c of priority, existing before the others, while more people will want Knux.

Kooichi

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo personally went to Sega to discuss having Sonic in Brawl. Who knows what else they could have decided on XD I think Tails still has a chance. I don't see anything wrong with two Sega third party characters from the same game playable =x

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
suit yourself, just saying what I hear
There's NO Shadow alt costume. I saw the videos, IT IS a dark blue sonic color. >_>

The only person with an alt costume is Wario. (Dunno if Pikachu and Jigglypuff counts)

FangzV

Smash Journeyman
I don't think any of the other characters from Sonic will be playable, but here's what I think about the possibilities of each character.
(Color code: No chance, probably not, slim chance, possible, very possible)

Here's what they could be if they are in at all.

Tails - AT, SSE Boss, Playable
Knux - AT, SSE Boss, Playable
Shadow - AT, SSE Boss, Playable (Sorry Shadow fans...)
Amy - AT, SSE Boss, Playable
Robotnik - AT, SSE Boss, Playable

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I don't think any of the other characters from Sonic will be playable, but here's what I think about the possibilities of each character.
(Color code: No chance, probably not, slim chance, possible, very possible)

Here's what they could be if they are in at all.

Tails - AT, SSE Boss, Playable
Knux - AT, SSE Boss, Playable
Shadow - AT, SSE Boss, Playable (Sorry Shadow fans...)
Amy - AT, SSE Boss, Playable
Robotnik - AT, SSE Boss, Playable
IMO, the only bosses I can see for SSE are ones that can't work as a playable character, like say Eggman in his egg mobile machine. Boss characters like Shadow, Knuckles, Tails etc would look awkward because they would look like a real playable character when you face them. But this is my personal opinion anyways XD

PopFusion

Smash Apprentice
I can see Amy Rose atleast as a an AT, I wish she could be playable though, cause I have many ideas for a move set for her. She would be great for brawl, as all sonic characters would be!

Zevox

Smash Lord
If there were to be another playable Sonic character, my top pick would be Knuckles, although I'd expect Tails to get in first. There won't be, though, so thats a bit irrelevant.

I fully expect Tails and Knuckles to make ATs as-is. We know 3rd parties can get those from Gray Fox, and those two are definitely too well-liked among Sonic fans and too historic for the series to leave out.

Robotnik/Eggman I think will likely be a Subspace boss (using some robot/vehicle or another, of course), if not then an AT is also possible. At minimum he'll get a trophy.

Shadow might get an AT, or may make a Subspace appearance (I wouldn't count on that at all though, its just an off chance). I expect him to get only a trophy or sticker though.

Others (Silver, Amy, Espio, Vector, etc) will probably get trophies and stickers at most.

Zevox

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Me and my friend were joking around and I said that if Amy Rose was in Brawl, I'd main her...I pray to God that Sakurai doesn't somehow, someway make her playable XD (Near impossible I know but it's still POSSIBLE...*shudders*)

PopFusion

Smash Apprentice
I would prefer having Amy or Tails as playable, although it won't happen, it's just that Knuckles and Shadow disgust me, not to mention that stupid Silver.
I think as I said before in this topic, Amy would be perfect for PC, because it would be nice to actually have more female characters! Plus I could see her having a great move set!

SonicMario

Smash Master
There is already a topic in the Sonic section. Called "Other Possible Sonic characters in Brawl". There probably won't be another ep though, to the disappointment of Sonic fans that are not aware of the 3rd party character limit.

Dark Luna

Smash Apprentice
There is no third party limit, Sakurai said 2-3 a year and a half ago, things could of changed since then. Not only that, but it was just an estimation.

platnum

Smash Lord
One Question:why would shadow be clone-ish? couldnt he have a moveset bassed on chaos controll and other emerald stuff?
but as for which character I want in...KNUX(who is confirmed as AT)

SonicMario

Smash Master
Even so, There are many Sonic fans that went ballistic when Sonic was confirmed. Even some going "OMGZ SONIXZ ISS IN TEH BRAWLZ. SHADOW ISS A SHOO INN". When obviously none of the other characters can make it playable. Better that the other reps go to others like Megaman, Bomberman, etc.

626key

Smash Journeyman
I still think that knuckles is the most likely, mostly because he has the most unique move set and can glide

SonicMario

Smash Master
^^^
Are you another of those people that say Tails can't fight? Have you ever heard of Sonic the Fighters and/or Sonic Battle?

Dark Luna

Smash Apprentice
I still think that knuckles is the most likely, mostly because he has the most unique move set and can glide
Why is he most likely? Knuckles would not have a unique moveset. It would be very predictable and not very original. Tails on the other hand would have a much more unique moveset and would be more original.

Also, characters do not become more likely if will have a unique moveset, it is mostly to do will popularity, priority and role as a character.

Machete

Smash Ace
Sonic won't get a second rep; but Tails would be the most likely and deserving.

I'd like to see Eggman, because he's the classic Sonic villain; maybe as a SSE boss...

And please, no Shadow. He's bull****.

Dark Luna

Smash Apprentice
Sonic won't get a second rep; but Tails would be the most likely and deserving.

I'd like to see Eggman, because he's the classic Sonic villain; maybe as a SSE boss...

And please, no Shadow. He's bull****.
Shadow is bull****, as is most of the newer characters.

Yes, Eggman/Robotnik will most likely be a SSE boss no doubt. It would be great if Tails was playable, but will most likely be an AT. If Tails isn't playable, no one else will, or shouldn't be for that matter.

626key

Smash Journeyman
look, I'm not against tails for brawl, I just think that he's more likely now that angel island music is confermed

Williampettysan

Smash Journeyman
Sonic> PC
Tails> AT
Knuckles> AT
Amy> Trophy
Shadow> Trophy or Sticker.
Silver> Sticker
Cream> Trophy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom